Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Just realized they could port every title from the Wii U to the Switch with very little effort

How do you figure? The two systems are based on different architectures, PowerPC vs x86.

Spellman posted:

A design problem I see with this is that it amplifies the biggest problem with the joy-cons: the unnatural gate between your thumb buttons and stick. I think the joycons should face outwards, rather than inwardly which would be closer to a standard game controller

Yeah, that's something I had considered as well, I may try it in my second version.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

Looking like the Switch is going to have a lot of 3rd party support and devs are super happy with it.

Lack of 3rd party support was what really killed the WiiU, but it's sounding super promising on the Switch.
You buy a console for it's exclusives, that are backed up by 3rd party games. If your console doesn't have those cross-platform titles.. then that's a huge chunk of the market you're missing out on.

A Nintendo console with all the indie games that you'd normally find on PS4/Xbone?
Can't loving wait :allears:

Yes so much third party support that there is already one third party game!! And once they see how much it -no pun intended- bombs, they're surely going to jump on board!!!

Switch won't have any third party support unless a miracle happens. Devs don't want to keep developing for PS3, 360 level still especially since its way more work.

There's a reason why EA and Ubi isn't touching this thing at launch other than stuff that's simple to make (just dance, last gen FIFA).

You can start celebrating when Switch gets Madden or Assassins Creed.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Empress Brosephine posted:

Yes so much third party support that there is already one third party game!! And once they see how much it -no pun intended- bombs, they're surely going to jump on board!!!

Switch won't have any third party support unless a miracle happens. Devs don't want to keep developing for PS3, 360 level still especially since its way more work.

There's a reason why EA and Ubi isn't touching this thing at launch other than stuff that's simple to make (just dance, last gen FIFA).

Um I think you are forgetting the star third party launch* title, 2011's breakout hit Skyrim.

*no release date announced

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Fuligin posted:

No wireless headphone support is some weak poo poo

Yep. I play almost entirely in handled be because of it.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

There's a reason why EA and Ubi isn't touching this thing

Oh man, what a loss

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Portable NHL and madden were the best parts of psp so I think it's a loss.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

chaleski posted:

Oh man, what a loss

I mean except it is? I'd like some games to buy that aren't Zelda or Mario

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
Thank you to all the goons explaining Binding of Isaac to me before I went to sleep. I'll try to give it some more effort.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weren't you the idiot that lied about 20fps in BoI once you reach the Womb? Cause I'm pretty sure I've done a good dozen or so runs with lots of hosed up combos and it's been running smooth as silk

So good job naysaying and making GBS threads up the thread :thumbsup:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Ubisoft was pretty supportive of the Wii U, more than they had any business being

GRINK HELCH
Oct 24, 2004
My God, it's taking over america!

8-bit Miniboss posted:

A nice way to keep dock scratches in check: https://www.etsy.com/shop/activepatch

Thanks for this; I've been terrified about dock scratches. That's been my only concern thus far.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today

Infinitum posted:

Weren't you the idiot that lied about 20fps in BoI once you reach the Womb? Cause I'm pretty sure I've done a good dozen or so runs with lots of hosed up combos and it's been running smooth as silk

It's becoming very weird how many people actively want other people to think the Switch is bad.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I didn't lie, I've had that frame drop and so have others?

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

If the Switch fails, Nintendo will be forced to pull a SEGA and put their games out on consoles that I actually want to own. Everybody wins.

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

A single Nintendo game released every year would be fantastic

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

ColdPie posted:

If the Switch fails, Nintendo will be forced to pull a SEGA and put their games out on consoles that I actually want to own. Everybody wins.

I don't want to own an Xbox or PlayStation, I already have a PC so let's hope they succeed so we can have our neat little systems that we can play while we poop

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

ColdPie posted:

You will never see Nintendo games on PC, PlayStation, or Xbox

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

I own all the consoles and I'd like the Switch to succeed

well cya

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Norns posted:

I mean except it is? I'd like some games to buy that aren't Zelda or Mario

That's the standard reply from any Nintendo diehard when someone wishes more third party support would show up on Nintendo platforms

"Hm, yes, well, those games are poo poo, good sir :smug:"

Healbot posted:

I own all the consoles and I'd like the Switch to succeed

well cya

:same:

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Nintendo has a self-destruct button, destroying themselves and all their intellectual property in a way that ensures nobody can ever use it in the future. It involves Mario getting liquored up with the fuhrer

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
It would be cool if Nintendo sold Virtual Console carts or something. You could buy the entire Zelda collection or all the Marios. For 60 bucks they could offer all the Zeldas up to Majoras Mask.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You will never see Nintendo games on PC, PlayStation, or Xbox

I had this clever post all ready and then I re-read your post and realized it doesn't work but I'm gonna post it anyway. Here it comes.

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

You will never see Nintendo games on <non-Nintendo platforms>

Checkmate :smug:

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
I have been sufficiently owned, good post OP

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Cojawfee posted:

It would be cool if Nintendo sold Virtual Console carts or something. You could buy the entire Zelda collection or all the Marios. For 60 bucks they could offer all the Zeldas up to Majoras Mask.

They essentially did both of these already with the Zelda collections on Gamecube and the Mario All-Stars collection on Wii.

Nintendo ain't above selling you three or four ROMs for $59.99.

Macintosh HD
Mar 9, 2004

Oh no its today
My only issue with the Switch is I really don't enjoy switching carts. It never bothered me with prior consoles. I've always bought physical. This time I am wrong.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Macintosh HD posted:

My only issue with the Switch is I really don't enjoy switching carts. It never bothered me with prior consoles. I've always bought physical. This time I am wrong.

Go to the PS4 thread, there is a guy who cannot stand switching discs cause he switches 4-5 times in a session. Maybe make a club.

Joke answer:

"that's why it's called the switch "

Jack-Off Lantern fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Mar 19, 2017

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Macintosh HD posted:

When it's a portable console, it really is nice to just have everything with you. I went fully digital on my Vita, and I'll probably go mostly digital here, except for bigger games that I'll wanna buy and have on a shelf, or are just huge in their file size.

Next game I'll buy physical will probably be Mario Odyssey. Will likely always want MK8 Deluxe and Puyo Puyo Tetris on my console, so those'll be digital.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Macintosh HD posted:

how do you have this problem when there is 1 game

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'm already tired of going back and forth between Isaac and Zelda. I'm sure once I finish Zelda it won't be a problem, but for now it's just back and forth, opening cases, clicking the tiny little card in place. It's a dumb complaint, but I really liked being mostly digital on the WiiU and 3ds, so I'll probably be doing that again.

Just have to wait for Best Buy or someone to do an eShop card sale, since my balance is a bit low.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Finally had to plug in my Pro controller after the charge I gave it on launch day.

A good controller.

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

Echophonic posted:

I'm already tired of going back and forth between Isaac and Zelda. I'm sure once I finish Zelda it won't be a problem, but for now it's just back and forth, opening cases, clicking the tiny little card in place. It's a dumb complaint, but I really liked being mostly digital on the WiiU and 3ds, so I'll probably be doing that again.

Just have to wait for Best Buy or someone to do an eShop card sale, since my balance is a bit low.

why not cut out the card holder from the game case and glue it to the back of the switch? then theyre always there for quick access

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Infinitum posted:

Woah this guy's hopped up and he just ain't freaking gonna take it anymore!

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Selling, trading, renting, and lending these $40-$60 games is worth having to swap carts. To me, video games are little pieces of equity. I sell them to fund the next game. Except Zelda, that shalt not be sold unless I cant afford top ramen.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ColdPie posted:

Checkmate :smug:

Checkmate2 :smuggo:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

ChocNitty posted:

Selling, trading, renting, and lending these $40-$60 games is worth having to swap carts. To me, video games are little pieces of equity. I sell them to fund the next game. Except Zelda, that shalt not be sold unless I cant afford top ramen.

I was pretty happy when I bought Pokemon Y for $30, beat it, then sold it for $35.

Wheany posted:

Checkmate2 :smuggo:

Is this ever going to go on sale? I've been waiting months.

ColdPie fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 19, 2017

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Macintosh HD posted:

It's becoming very weird how many people actively want other people to think the Switch is bad.

Xbox Hate Thread posting is a mental illness.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ColdPie posted:

Is this ever going to go on sale? I've been waiting months.

Releasing on Android on the 23rd of March or something

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

gently caress Ubi/EA/whoever, bring on the indies. 1st party Nintendo titles backed up by Stardew, roguelikes, and being a couch multiplayer machine in things like Overcooked and Jackbox, we're good.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Macintosh HD posted:

"I want to play Mario but I don't wanna buy the hardware cause it's bad so the company should fail just enough so they stop this pesky hardware business they've been in for decades"

*buys a gimped PC in a box*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

ChocNitty posted:

Just fork over $3 paypal to cover the 1st Class shipping label, and the bubble mailer, that way you don't have to pay $11.84, and you'll get it a couple days faster too. I've sold a bunch of stuff in the SA mart, all good transactions. It will come with everything minus the extra one:

email is pisceanblu at gmail d0t c0m

I'll bite, paypal incoming

e: Transaction ID 3NJ35145EY309530E

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 19, 2017

• Locked thread