Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

Norns posted:

Also what kinda stupid argument is "you must be a hardcore Nintendo fan if you want to see other publisher games on the platform" :psyboom:

Do you apply this loving broken logic to everything in daily life?

I'm pretty sure people are just refuting the idiotic "Nintendo will flop if they don't get the usual multiplat 3rd party games that people play on other consoles," I sincerely doubt Nintendo fans are against 3rd party games or whatever you're trying to say

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Is Madden even a successful franchise anymore? It feels like it's been supplanted by other sportsball series. I'm

Madden routinely charts in the US Top 10 every month.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Empress Brosephine posted:

The same people who don't want third party games and sports games are the same people excited about a Splatoon sequel, just saying.

Yeah this is me

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dragons Dogma Port...just sayin

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Infinitum posted:

:yeah:

Check this poo poo out

If you get hit with the Cancer trinket it reduces the fire rate by 2.

Level 99 Money = Power + machine gun tears = :laffo:

Yeah that run I got to Mom's Heart and basically just stood still and melted it. Fruit Cake, Power is Money, Full Heal Pill, holy shots, increase speed when shooting in one direction -- yeah. The moment I stopped trying to maneuver everything died. Was good to see that even against mom with fruit cake, a few orbitals, and that rate of fire, the game didn't chug at all.

Takoluka posted:

From a few pages back, but Splatoon and Tokyo Mirage Sessions also used fully used both screens, as Splatoon required it for instant jumping and certain special attacks, and TMS basically treated it as your MC's cell phone. Star Fox Zero also used both screens perfectly fine, but, you know, because it didn't play 100% like Star Fox 64, it was extremely bad.

Star Fox did not use both screens well. Taking your eyes off one screen to aim with the other was distracting as hell. Gyro aiming in addition to just aiming with where you're flying? Cool. Whatever it is they did? Garbage.

How is splat 2 handling missile strikes and super jumps? I feel like the gamepad features were addressed in the demos but completely blanking.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Ah yes, the elusive gamebro demographic. If only Nintendo would appeal to them...

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

The same people who don't want third party games and sports games are the same people excited about a Splatoon sequel, just saying.

I want all of the above.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Videogames are bad. Release no games

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
You want to see a broken run, use the code I had for this Eve run. Just make sure to visit the spike rooms.

https://twitter.com/Rirse/status/842867402853367808

The later parts just got really silly. Even grabbing curse eye did nothing to change the run.

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Am I eventually going to understand what all this poo poo does in BoI or is it a wiki game

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Anyone else think doubling production could be a mistake?

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

inferis posted:

Am I eventually going to understand what all this poo poo does in BoI or is it a wiki game

Its a wiki game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Norns posted:

Im far from a die hard. But continue on with whatever stupid point you're trying to make.

I'd like to play more games? How is that some loving point that needs to be argued?

I was agreeing with you, dumbass

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I can't read and smoke lots of weed so my bad

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Waltzing Along posted:

No. Even with scalpers, there are people showing up to stores asking when Switches will be available. Nintendo has spaced games out enough to get several bumps this year. I know a few people who have said they will wait until the game they want is out before buying a Switch. There are still a lot of potential switch customers out there. When the right game comes out that piques their interest, they will buy one. Even if things slow down, we have the hype of Mario Kart soon, and Mario at the end of the year. Splatoon 2 is a good way to get people who stuck with WiiU to finally get a switch. Then there's all the people who will want a Switch for the holidays. Switch hype is huge and I think Nintendo will do just fine. Even if there are stretches of the year where Switches sit on shelves, they will disappear when the next big Nintendo game comes out.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Somebody explain to me how the procontroller's battery life outlasts a well-taken care of carnival goldfish's but the PS4's controller can't outlast a carnival goldfish as taken care of by me

Is it just because the ps4 has the lightbar

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Let me tell you about true luxury.

chaleski posted:

I'm pretty sure people are just refuting the idiotic "Nintendo will flop if they don't get the usual multiplat 3rd party games that people play on other consoles," I sincerely doubt Nintendo fans are against 3rd party games or whatever you're trying to say

Yea people are basically just wearing blinders now. They look at any product with a screen and say "needs Netflix!" (It doesn't) and "need exactly the same titles as Xbox and PS4 except for a few exclusives!" (It doesnt) and on and on. This device doesn't have to compete directly with other existing consoles and doesn't need to follow them into the inevitable "device power" argument sinkhole. There is another way they can go and be successful

SecretSquirrel
Jun 3, 2003

Masticator

inferis posted:

http://platinumgod.co.uk/ is a godsend for playing BoI even after you've become familiar with the game.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Waltzing Along posted:

Let's break it down:

-It's March
-Nintendo released what is arguably the best game ever made
-People want said game but can't find the system
-People will continue to want best game ever made
-E3 is in June where a lot of major releases are announced for the holidays
-Capcom wanted more memory, probably for a new Monster Hunter game
-If new MH game is released this year in Japan, doubling production won't be enough

Nintendo's looking long term as the production likely falls in their FY. I think the Switch will sell well in NA come Christmas but will be hard to come by come golden week in Japan IF a nee MH is released.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

:catstare: what is this poo poo

Norns posted:

I can't read and smoke lots of weed so my bad

Please don't blame weed for your posting, it has done nothing wrong.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Healbot posted:

Oh no whatever will people do without a sports series so dead it's being developed by EAs Z-team.

Buy some other console, I assume

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
How much good will would Nintendo have burnt if they cancelled the wiiu version of botw? And would said lost money would be upset by the insane demand the switch would undoubtedly have had?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Infinitum posted:

Splatoon is good.

Sorry about your bad opinions.

But not wanting third parties to develop for the console you like is bad.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Rexroom posted:

Ah yes, the elusive gamebro demographic. If only Nintendo would appeal to them...

Having wide appeal for your console is good.

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Wheany posted:

The games mentioned were/are not vital for the first year of the switch's lifespan. Their current and over time expanded timetable is going to cause demand to exceed supply. They can wait for silly games that can be played on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide until later and it won't matter.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Just guessing about E3/soon Directs for switch.

Smash Deluxe
Monster Hunter
Retro's new project (prime guys) the one thats been years in the makin
animal crossing
and some talk about how your phone can do poo poo for your switch like be its gps or somesuch

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wheany posted:

I've been pretty much one of the most vocal people in the thread advocating for how awesome it is to have all these cool as gently caress indie devs heading our way :v:

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Junkie Disease posted:

Just guessing about E3/soon Directs for switch.

Smash Deluxe
Monster Hunter
Retro's new project (prime guys) the one thats been years in the makin
animal crossing
and some talk about how your phone can do poo poo for your switch like be its gps or somesuch

My guess will be they announce a Pokémon game for early 2018

RME
Feb 20, 2012

is anyone from the Metroid Prime team left at retro

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I wonder if they'll ever add back street pass. That and miiverse are the only 2 things I am disappointed with.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think it is good to have a lot of different games on the Switch, even ones I do not intend to play??

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Splatoon 2 Testfire this weekend :woop:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QjK3uTO4mg

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

codenameFANGIO posted:

I think it is good to have a lot of different games on the Switch, even ones I do not intend to play??

What's it like to argue with no one?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I'm predicting for this year's E3

- Tony Hawk Pro Skater 6
- Fable IV
- Star Wars Battlefront III
- a new Kirby game
- Resident Evil 4: Switch Edition
- and Need for Speed Underground 3

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

XyrlocShammypants posted:

I had fun

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I think that is called a statement.

edit: I understand the question marks may cloud the issue but that is a matter of mental pronunciation.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

The games mentioned were/are not vital for the first year of the switch's lifespan. Their current and over time expanded timetable is going to cause demand to exceed supply. They can wait for silly games that can be played on hundreds of millions of devices worldwide until later and it won't matter.

"These games are not necessary (in the short term)" is different from "I don't even loving want Madden or other :airquote:Sports ball:airquote: games on this console"

Shammypants
May 25, 2004

Wheany posted:

"These games are not necessary (in the short term)" is different from "I don't even loving want Madden or other :airquote:Sports ball:airquote: games on this console"

Bit of a strawman that considering the original insult of the switch was that the fact that it lacked a commitment from a few titles this year meant it would fail.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

I like Nintendo and I want to play many games on the Nintendo Switch, when I purchase one in the summer.

YOU SON OF A BITCH!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Taking the switch on a 5 hour flight! Also my DS since I only have 1 game worth playing on the switch...

• Locked thread