Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Elle is a movie that's sure to be an incredibly difficult watch for probably most of the people who see it and one that a whole lot of people will find irredeemably tasteless, but it's also a drat masterpiece. Definitely would make my top 5 for 2016. Verhoeven has handily outdone Noe, Von Trier and Haneke combined in the cinematic provocation game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Mega 2/3 are up there with my favorite games of all time but there is something that makes me think I won't like X at all.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

weekly font posted:

Mega 2/3 are up there with my favorite games of all time but there is something that makes me think I won't like X at all.

No it's good and you will actually

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

I can't say if you'll enjoy it or not, but it's probably one of the better SNES titles.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I don't know poo poo so I'll give it the old college try. I'm super hyped for Castlevania tho.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Timby posted:

Back in January I was in the garage waiting for my dog to do her business in the backyard and I passed out, hitting my head on the car. Iris freaked the gently caress out and actually hopped our fence to get the neighbor's attention and I was taken to the ER. That head / neck MRI was sheer hell -- an hour of being perfectly still in a tiny tube while it sounded like a drunken Blue Man Group was rotating around me.

Who's Iris? Partner, daughter or dog?

Arrival made my eyes damp but I don't think I made it to full-blown weeping. I also didn't expect it, or how drat good it was.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

weekly font posted:

I don't know poo poo so I'll give it the old college try. I'm super hyped for Castlevania tho.

I just hope you mean Super Castlevania and not Dracula X.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Can't believe you'd doxx me

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

New Max Payne movie's looking good

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

This is very suspenseful

:ohdear:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Is this from that goon short film posted earlier?

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

therattle posted:

Who's Iris? Partner, daughter or dog?

The best dog.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

glam rock hamhock posted:

Chrono Trigger, FF3/6, Super Mario RPG, Kirby Super Star, Donkey Kong Country 2, Mega Man X, Super Punch Out, Earthbound, Contra 3, TMNT IV, Actraiser and probably a bunch more but that will keep you more than busy

I need to download Chrono Trigger and Earthbound again now that my Vita is an emulation machine

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I've never played Chrono Trigger, it probably sucks rear end

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
I think Chrono Trigger is the only Square RPG from that era that actually holds up

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm gonna watch this movie

JCVD's part at the beginning kicks rear end.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Fragmaster looking ragged

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

JCVD's part at the beginning kicks rear end.

That and van Damme's monologue is the only good parts of that movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Alhazred posted:

That and van Damme's monologue is the only good parts of that movie.

Yeah, it's one of the lamer and less wild fake Bruce Lee movies. But JCVD beating a mall ninja's rear end is worth a watch.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

:siren:iMOVIE MUSIC!!! :siren:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3O6kDIASikg

Discount Viscount
Jul 9, 2010

FIND THE FISH!

weekly font posted:

So I was a neglected orphan Sega Genesis kid and I'm gonna emulate up an SNES and play Link to the Past, Castlevania and Metroid. Any other classics I'm missing? No real interest in Mario world.

Echoing everything already mentioned, with an emphatic nod towards Mega Man X.

Also if you like shooters/shmups/STGs check out Space Megaforce and the Parodius series.

Also Demon's Crest. Also Magical Adventure starring Mickey Mouse.

Magic Hate Ball
May 6, 2007

ha ha ha!
you've already paid for this

This is what people who live in mcmansions dream.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Discount Viscount posted:

Echoing everything already mentioned, with an emphatic nod towards Mega Man X.

Also if you like shooters/shmups/STGs check out Space Megaforce and the Parodius series.

Also Demon's Crest. Also Magical Adventure starring Mickey Mouse.

I would especially shout out Mega Man X2, which is absolutely beautiful compared to any other Mega man game you could care to name.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Speaking of the SNES, you should be able to find a translated version of Live A Live, which is beautiful and weird if not exactly great

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
So I read a little bit of fiction every night before bed and I figure CD would enjoy this quote from The Watch that Ends the Night:

"There is nothing like dislike to make a character appear vivid."

Hand Knit fucked around with this message at 19:36 on Mar 19, 2017

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Hand Knit posted:

So I read a little bit of fiction every night before bed and I figure CD would enjoy this quote from The Night that Ends the Watch:

"There is nothing like dislike to make a character appear vivid."

I agree, Billy Zane's character was very vivid.

e: Wait, confused that with The Watch That Ends The Night

Dissapointed Owl fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 19, 2017

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

ruddiger posted:

Is this from that goon short film posted earlier?

I saw some guy in a Facebook group for amateur filmmakers telling everyone that they shouldn't expect their movies to get distribution if they don't have stars in them* and that festivals were a scam. He claimed that he'd made three feature films but none of them had gotten any sort of proper release because he hadn't gotten any famous actors and he'd sent them to countless festivals but never gotten accepted. This is from one of those films.

*From what I've heard this is actually true. I've been told that getting distribution or even just funding for a film that doesn't have any known faces in it is a hellish nightmare, except if it's horror which doesn't need stars in which case it's just a nightmare.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
A little overdone, but this is my YTOTD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ens6pMNDLd0

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This is ownage

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Let's get night mind on this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Also Sword and Scale fans should check out fake Mike Boudet on Twitter because apparently our favorite dweeb is kind of a garbage person

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Yo what the hell?

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I agree, Billy Zane's character was very vivid.

e: Wait, confused that with The Watch That Ends The Night

That was a kick rear end job by me confusing words

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I'm gonna watch this movie

its amazing, for real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5OK_ELeLMhs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Uncle Boogeyman posted:

Elle is a movie that's sure to be an incredibly difficult watch for probably most of the people who see it and one that a whole lot of people will find irredeemably tasteless, but it's also a drat masterpiece. Definitely would make my top 5 for 2016. Verhoeven has handily outdone Noe, Von Trier and Haneke combined in the cinematic provocation game.

i couldnt take it seriously, mostly because i've played the game they used footage of, and so when they showed the new shoddy cgi rape scenes with him that they made for the movie i started laughing which i think was not the intended effect

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I kept expecting this to turn into a Christian movie. Like the guys in the car who pick them up would start witnessing them or something.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I

Haha, I love that this isn't actually a morgue locker door, but a utility panel.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Anonymous Robot posted:

Haha, I love that this isn't actually a morgue locker door, but a utility panel.

Yeah, they had to sex it up a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

i couldnt take it seriously, mostly because i've played the game they used footage of, and so when they showed the new shoddy cgi rape scenes with him that they made for the movie i started laughing which i think was not the intended effect

Why would you assume that wasn't the intended effect? There's even a punchline after.

• Locked thread