Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

lalalala, lalalala,

o welcom to da japari paark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfredo Jones
Jun 5, 2011

Pretty please with sugar on top?

Futaba Anzu posted:

lalalala, lalalala,

o welcom to da japari paark

I have a theory that Mirai's Serval and Kaban's Serval may be one in the same. While I can't recall exactly where I heard it, I remember hearing that Friends who are attacked by Ceruleans have a chance to revert back into normal animals. My guess is that Serval fell victim to such a fate, and that the change from an intelligent humanoid to a common animal wiped her mind of all her memories of Mirai. She then continued living in Japari until she was once again exposed to Sand Star and transformed back into a Friend, though the memories from before were still gone. Despite their loss, though, Serval still feels some connection to Mirai, hence why she cried when seeing the video. It also may be why she decided to stick with Kaban past the Savannah area. Kaban may unconciously remind her of Mirai, especially if the two may be related somehow. I could be absolutely wrong though, especially since I can't remember where I heard of the "Friends turning back to animals" fact. I have to go back through the episodes and see.

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

Shirtless Turtle posted:

I came across this after seeing the blowup of fanart. I haven't seen such a thing since Kancolle. Watching the first episode I almost dropped it immediately because of how bad the CG was, especially during the chase sequence between Kaban and Serval. Somehow though I pushed through to episode two, and when I saw how the bridge was in ruins and the bus was separated, my interest was piqued. I had checked out the manga, where you see Japari Park open and operational, before watching the anime, so I wasn't expecting things to be run down. This was strengthened more when I watched the credits sequence (I had skipped it the first time) and saw the pictures of all the abandoned parks with the Friend's silhouettes. Seeing that kind of made me feel sad, like they were lonely ghosts wandering the park, wondering where everyone had gone. I knew right then and there that I had to stick with it just to see what was going on and if things will get better. I'm glad I did.

tl;dr: it's good

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Shirtless Turtle posted:

I have a theory that Mirai's Serval and Kaban's Serval may be one in the same. While I can't recall exactly where I heard it, I remember hearing that Friends who are attacked by Ceruleans have a chance to revert back into normal animals. My guess is that Serval fell victim to such a fate, and that the change from an intelligent humanoid to a common animal wiped her mind of all her memories of Mirai. She then continued living in Japari until she was once again exposed to Sand Star and transformed back into a Friend, though the memories from before were still gone. Despite their loss, though, Serval still feels some connection to Mirai, hence why she cried when seeing the video. It also may be why she decided to stick with Kaban past the Savannah area. Kaban may unconciously remind her of Mirai, especially if the two may be related somehow. I could be absolutely wrong though, especially since I can't remember where I heard of the "Friends turning back to animals" fact. I have to go back through the episodes and see.

did you know in the games serval has a caracal friend and between the two, caracal is the more goofy aloof one with the reputation of such whereas serval while still silly has a more serious personality. relaly makes you think why everyone in the anime keeps saying how serval has a reputation for that but serval doesn't seem to ever recall that being a thing hm anyways that was just the thought of the day

Phimose Knight
Mar 5, 2013
I just realized. In the OP you have a sunset shot of Kaban looking at the ocean and it ONLY NOW just clicked for me. :downs:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/nakashima723/status/843029721189236736

TIL there's actually that much size difference between the two. Best series.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

MrLonghair posted:

https://twitter.com/nakashima723/status/843029721189236736

TIL there's actually that much size difference between the two. Best series.

I'm annoyed that they didn't make Giraffe really tall since that's the thing they're famous for.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Xelkelvos posted:

I'm annoyed that they didn't make Giraffe really tall since that's the thing they're famous for.

At least the long hood they used creatively evoked that.

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

Cats don't need parachutes, but they can still get hit by vehicles.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Amuys
Jan 2, 2017

Muuch Muuch

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

oh my god

friend shaped ceruleans were real

Dream eater Ceruleans were real too.

Yumerean.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Some friends and i once bolted a couple old snowboards to the bottom of a couch and took it down a sledding hill. It...it went a little less smoothly than the Friends' ski-tub.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

a kitten posted:

Some friends and i once bolted a couple old snowboards to the bottom of a couch and took it down a sledding hill. It...it went a little less smoothly than the Friends' ski-tub.

You didn't factor in the imbalance in the couch and rolled end over end down the hill?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It started a horizontal spin, then ejected the bunch of us going over a mid sized jump.

Good times. Good, stupid, fun times.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxdJVwRYwEc

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I like that this fanmade video has better models and animation than the actual show.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

That loving Zebra Slug is there too

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Literally came here to post this. :allears:

Also,

Waffleman_ posted:

I like that this fanmade video has better models and animation than the actual show.

MMD and similar programs are awesome in the right hands.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

They should just pay this person to redo the entire season for the Blu Ray release.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
https://twitter.com/ykitama/status/843782619623915521
If I had art-skills or all the MMD goodies, I swear, か VS ギャ

MJP
Jun 17, 2007

Are you looking at me Senpai?

Grimey Drawer

Thanks for reminding me that A) nothing will ever be as good as Jintai and B) we're never going to get a figure of Moderator :-(

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MJP posted:

Thanks for reminding me that A) nothing will ever be as good as Jintai and B) we're never going to get a figure of Moderator :-(

I mean, there was this:
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/144102

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
When the ceruleans get me, just throw me in the trash

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I'm just a friend who likes banging hoors!

(I could enjoy this crossover)

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/manmaru00/status/843666227448893440

:perfect:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I'm reading live reactions to the episode, you'll need this:
https://twitter.com/nakashima723/status/844196535256588288
Don't care for the PPP but penguins are cute :3:

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 21, 2017

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The ghostly character outlines are gone! Help!

FauxLeather fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Mar 21, 2017

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Nice immediate spoiler post merely moments after it aired

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
Sorry, I didn't think that much of it.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

the episode hasn't even aired yet in the west lmao

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

...so, did I miss a reason why Kaban let the black Cerulean step on her at the end? Wasn't the plan to lure it to the boat and sink it?

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

I want to see a show this year top the qualities that Kemono Friends has, especially in the writing building legit mysteries.

Gen Urubochi in the special thanks section oh and yes, that was BostonDynamic's Big Dog. This show, right?

Ghosts n Gopniks fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Mar 21, 2017

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

oh my god

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Holy poo poo I'm going to be like this :ohdear: for a week now.

On a more positive note, Bag-chan has gotten a lot of cool character growth over the course of the show (besides instinctively begging not to be eaten of course).

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

:catstare::catstare::catstare:

Man, this show. That was legitimately a suspenseful episode, I really enjoyed it. Not quite the lead-in to the final episode I was expecting either, I'm REALLY interested to see how this ends.

Spiritus Nox posted:

...so, did I miss a reason why Kaban let the black Cerulean step on her at the end? Wasn't the plan to lure it to the boat and sink it?

She was luring it away from the unconscious Serval so it would not notice her (since it's nighttime) so she could wake up and get away. There was no way she could run that fast so she just did what she could. She was putting the safety of her Friends before herself.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

https://youtu.be/K55ywJ_wD64?t=3m8s + this episode, in a mashup, tia Internet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

I'm torn. On the one hand, this was a really good episode. On the other, I miss the happy show that left me smiling and relaxed at the end of every episode. Hopefully the series ends on a really high note.