Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I know it's not anime, but, Chuck Berry just died :cry:

Its insanely hosed up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
No it's not. The dude was 90

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Chuck Berry isn't supposed to be mortal

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

At least we still have buckcherry

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

yeah im really sad the pedophile rapist died too

Three Cookies
Apr 9, 2010

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Sora, Donald, Goofy!!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Matoi Ryuko posted:

At least we still have buckcherry

Too bad it wasn't BlackBerry

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

Davincie posted:

yeah im really sad the pedophile rapist died too

The who what now.
ಠ_ಠ

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

The who what now.
ಠ_ಠ

http://www.history.com/this-day-in-history/chuck-berry-goes-on-trial-for-the-second-time

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
One of the facts of life is that most of the artists you grew up admiring have done some super hosed up stuff at some point

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
:negative:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

One of the facts of life is that most of the artists you grew up admiring have done some super hosed up stuff at some point
yeah one time I was reading about this painter I like and it turned out he was responsible for the holocaust

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Turns out Hitler was an okay artist.

If only he'd gotten into art school.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Dangerous Person I know you can read this get on the discord immediately you fucker!!!

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

homeless snail posted:

yeah one time I was reading about this painter I like and it turned out he was responsible for the holocaust

You can't fool me. Adolf sucked at painting

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
painting is for nerds

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Just started Episode 8 of GX.

Jesus wow, we're like 2 sentences in and Hibiki's dad is already just the biggest piece of poo poo.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

topdad

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Hibiki's depressed because she thinks there's some problems that she can't solve with her fists, but I'm not convinced. So far I think punching Topdad right in the nose, admittedly sans-Symphogear, would do everyone involved a lot of good.

More seriously, TopDad is coming off as a bit more of a cartoon character than is probably wise, but I'm actually liking how they're writing Hibiki's responses to his shittery thus far.

Also it helps a lot when the show lets her remember that Noise ARE, in fact, problems that she can solve with her fists.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010
Watching bubblegum crisis:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

That art style looks familiar, but I can't place it.

Spiritus Nox posted:

Hibiki's depressed because she thinks there's some problems that she can't solve with her fists, but I'm not convinced. So far I think punching Topdad right in the nose, admittedly sans-Symphogear, would do everyone involved a lot of good.

More seriously, TopDad is coming off as a bit more of a cartoon character than is probably wise, but I'm actually liking how they're writing Hibiki's responses to his shittery thus far.

Also it helps a lot when the show lets her remember that Noise ARE, in fact, problems that she can solve with her fists.

I've come around on Hibiki's dad, not in the sense of liking him as a person but for his purpose as a character. He's not evil or arguably even a really bad person, he's just a coward.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

So episode 8 was the strongest episode of the season so far, and I'm not sure it's even close. Really seemed to find some of that focus that I've been pissing and moaning about. Kirika and Shirabe's material was great, and while TopDad really should have had a flashback to better days before now to prevent him from being such a cartoon character and help justify Hibiki's inevitable forgiveness, focusing on Hibiki's perspective and having the problem be something that disrupts her focus rather than completely physically incapacitates her makes it come across as both way more relatable and way more watchable than her earlier angst.

Think I'll finish the season in a couple of sittings next weekend. 9-10 on Saturday, then 11-13 (which is probably going to be all/mostly one long rollicking finale, if we stick to formula) on Sunday.

chumbler posted:

I've come around on Hibiki's dad, not in the sense of liking him as a person but for his purpose as a character. He's not evil or arguably even a really bad person, he's just a coward.

Yeah I don't mind him being profoundly lovely, because he's lovely in a way that I can more or less parse as something a person might actually do - although smiling like an rear end in a top hat after asking Hibiki to pay his loving bill was laying it on a bit thicker than was probably necessary. I just wish we'd had so much as one scene of him being halfway decent before now to better ground us in Hibiki's perspective. Like I said, his fundamental sin is perfectly believable and also helps justify Hibiki never mentioning him before now/keeps him from feeling like the retcon he probably is, and I actually really like how Hibiki's processing the whole thing. Her visibly leaning on Miku for emotional support is also a nice satisfying character beat after Miku's whole arc about feeling unable to contribute to their relationship back in G.

Like I keep saying, most of my complaints with GX really feel like they'd be largely fixed by just having a bit more time to breathe.

Spiritus Nox fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 19, 2017

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

chumbler posted:

That art style looks familiar, but I can't place it.

It's from that one Yuri manga about an M girl trying to get another girl to be her S

That character is a side-character who says "that's improper homosexual behaviour"

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Terper posted:

That character is a side-character who says "that's improper homosexual behaviour"

No such thing!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Terper posted:

It's from that one Yuri manga about an M girl trying to get another girl to be her S

Ah I remember that one, and its slugifying futon.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://twitter.com/TagentekiUchu/status/841296435010256896

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Anyone know how to stop Nier from going into windowed when I alt tab?

Also I am glad my buddy 9S is not going to tell anyone I disabled my self destruct.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

chumbler posted:

Anyone know how to stop Nier from going into windowed when I alt tab?

Also I am glad my buddy 9S is not going to tell anyone I disabled my self destruct.

You use Borderless Gaming to make Windowed Mode look like Fullscreen.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

i'll tell

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
(Snitches get stitches)
//