Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Zeus should've been a 10pp alexander that can hit face and has storm and bane. Who will play that crap in constructed now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

"That's going in the cringe reel for sure."

I do have to wonder what they're thinking with cards like deepwood next to things like Oroboros. They seem very afraid of giving neutral/dragon good high costing cards because of ramping, yet it just means that they get weak cards. Like, why IS Zeus so weak and bland in comparison to some of these other legendaries we've seen?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
That forestcraft card is really stupid

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Holy poo poo they really love forest huh

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
There is basically no reason to use that over the plenty of other ways forest has to win on turn 8 and 9.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I'll be curious to see how much the proc ends up being worth. How many games as Forestcraft get to turn eight with your opponent significantly above 8-10 life and no wards on the board?

Edit: and is that a better win condition than something like Wolfbolt.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Why the gently caress does that forest card have *8* attack? Like, what? It already kills your leader but with 8 attack you can drop, evo, and kill something while surviving.

I mean, it's not a super-great card but come on.

trucutru fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 19, 2017

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm not an expert but it seems like the epitome of a "win more" card

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Oh wait maybe it's to help out Forest in Take Two :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It is a pretty boring card but what gets me is that it is obviously not a forest card. Like, I get they want to have some sort of control forest that gets to play big cards that do not have combo or hand-size requirements but that poo poo is just lazy.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm not an expert but it seems like the epitome of a "win more" card

It's a worse Seraph. Yes, you need to draw certain cards to make the turn 8 Seraph, turn 9 win game play but their only way of stopping you is to banish the Seraph or kill you. This card "dies to removal" which means that basically every deck has a way of dealing with targeted removal of just good old fashioned hitting it with your own minion.

But hey now Forest can make its own janky control decks that more or less ignore the class mechanic.

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

yeah i dunno it is lazy and bad design but it seems pretty win more for forest. like if you have the tempo to basically play a vanilla 8/8 on 8, and then your opponent does not have removal, you probably where winning anyway.

but i agree with the consensus that it is really bad design and doesnt bode well for what sort of direction they want to take the game.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i think the more important thing is that its going to look loving sick animated

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

yeah i dunno it is lazy and bad design but it seems pretty win more for forest. like if you have the tempo to basically play a vanilla 8/8 on 8, and then your opponent does not have removal, you probably where winning anyway.

but i agree with the consensus that it is really bad design and doesnt bode well for what sort of direction they want to take the game.

The direction they have always intended for the game is that you can play it on your phone on the train to work which is not necessarily conducive to having 20 turn grindfests.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS posted:

The idea is that if you're already going to win at least you'll do it fast, no need to extend the pain for more turns. As for tempo, at turn 9 it is often quite irrelevant who has the tempo for plenty of matches because roach will kill you from 20, you'll get double saber-strike'd, have a ramped bahamut drop on your board, etc. In any case, the game will end about then.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Dipping into Shadowcraft. Doing a sort of mid-range necromancy thing. Pretty fun!

I do like how this game has several deck types where you have to manage special resources i.e. earth sigils or shadows or whatever

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

I managed to open a second Nephthys on the free log-in pack thing they're doing.

Is it worth it to craft the third one and make the Midrange Nephthys deck? Is it decent?

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

trucutru posted:

It is a pretty boring card but what gets me is that it is obviously not a forest card.

it has deepwood right there in the name :colbert:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

frajaq posted:

I managed to open a second Nephthys on the free log-in pack thing they're doing.

Is it worth it to craft the third one and make the Midrange Nephthys deck? Is it decent?

Nepththys decks are merely decent. You do need the full set of Mordecais though because having a bunch of them out on the field is literally your only win condition.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

frajaq posted:

It's alright. You don't absolutely require 3 Nephs, but it's nice. You DO need Mordes or the deck flat out doesn't function though.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

I don't know if there's anything more crushing than having your opponent drop a second Leonidas in T2 after you were lucky enough to have an Odin for the first one. That's the game telling you: "gently caress you, you're not going 5-0 this time"

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Played a take two run whilst streaming myself to my friends and had an absolute blast. The run included such gems as "We've got this won unless he has a Bahamut" *cue laughter*. Next turn he summons a Bahamut.

On the upside I've got 3-2 three times in a row now, I feel like the mode is actually a lot better than the hearthstone arena version since taking two means that there's a little less variance between the decks.

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!

Retcon posted:

I don't know if there's anything more crushing than having your opponent drop a second Leonidas in T2 after you were lucky enough to have an Odin for the first one. That's the game telling you: "gently caress you, you're not going 5-0 this time"

I hade a T2 where my opponent played turn 9 Albert into turn 10 Albert. I took 0 damage that game that wasn't from storm.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I long for a day where every second game isn't versus the same boring daria deck farrrrrrrt

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.
In low rank climb, Daria is nearly 100% absent now, it is bliss.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Emalde posted:

In low rank climb, Daria is nearly 100% absent now, it is bliss.

I'm in C1 rank and it's every second game so you must be luckier than I am!

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

It's going to be interesting to see how strong Daria is after the new expansion hits. Hopefully it's not just going to be a case where it's less popular right after Tempest comes out, only to come back in full strength after people realize that it's still one of the best decks.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
At the end of the day she's a 5/5 card that gets progressively cheaper and let's you draw 5 times AND makes those 5 cards better. She'll never not be stupidly good.

Hyper Inferno
Jun 11, 2015
Given what everyone's said about Daria in the last couple posts and what the OP says about her, does that mean this is a good set of cards to start with from the opening packs?

Legendary: https://i.imgur.com/KZAmHej.jpg
Gold: https://i.imgur.com/v769n0a.jpg

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Yeah, that's pretty good. Daria is obviously strong, and you'll need those Odins if you ever want to make a control deck. Golds are basically irrelevant for this though.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

please dont start out with daria as your only deck. it sucks to play

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I started out with Daria and it's actually pretty interesting to figure out what decks you should just go full aggro against and which you should play control. There's a bit of nuance that doesn't present itself when the deck is just auto-winning against garbage decks. Not a ton, but a little bit. It's more interesting than a sword deck, at least.

Yukari
Feb 17, 2011

Honestly, I see a lot less Daria than like... a lot of other deck types. Mostly Sword. There is tons of sword at AA rank.

It just feels super oppressive to lose to Daria because when they get the god draw, there's usually no coming back at all unless if you're control with a board wipe. Which you probably aren't playing at low ladder, also because Daria deck is also super cheap to make relatively speaking.

Vanilla Mint Ice
Jul 17, 2007

A raccoon is not finished when he is defeated. He is finished when he quits.
Seraph status: still nasty, still glory be. Easiest dailies all week including last week, even finished my last win with a bahamut flourish

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
Back when I played Dshift nonstop I used to think Seraph was one of the most lopsided matchups ever, and was almost unloseable.

Now that I'm playing Seraph a lot I've realized it's secretly the exact opposite: if you play literally nothing they can't use any of their spells and they just kinda sit their and choke on their full cost Blade Mages or whatever.

How Zen.

Golden Battler
Sep 6, 2010

~Perfect and Elegant~
On the other hand when I play Seraph I seem to keep running into the weirdest poo poo. Like I just ran into the one man on the planet running PtP Blood with 3x Odin, and I lost by decking.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
I've had good luck against DariaShift with roost ramp dragon as it always outvalues daria with big drops including turn 6 bahamuts. The problem is the deck is prohibitively expensive but i always get joy from them turn 5ing daria into my board with a roost amulet, spamming all their discount minions, then dropping a 5 mana bahamut.

Retcon
Jun 23, 2010

Golden Battler posted:

On the other hand when I play Seraph I seem to keep running into the weirdest poo poo. Like I just ran into the one man on the planet running PtP Blood with 3x Odin, and I lost by decking.
I run 2x Seraph and one Satan; makes matchups like that winnable and sometimes you can just run out Satan on an empty board.

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
in what way is this game better than hearthstone except 'has more anime tiddy'

it gives you just as many garbage bad cards to start with, except it has a single-player mode that puts you up against literally unbeatable decks, then stares at you until you give them money to buy better cards

the best part is that the literally unbeatable decks are unbeatable because of cards that are patently obviously unplayable against real decks (a 6 mana enchantment that makes minions into 5/5s? some janky 8/8 for 0?), so there's another layer of pay-to-win AFTER that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

literally unbeatable

• Locked thread