Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

it's a shame pvp is unplayably busted so no one actually queues up to play it anymore

it was fun ruining things for the cheevo farmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

cl_gibcount 9999 posted:

it's a shame pvp is unplayably busted so no one actually queues up to play it anymore

it was fun ruining things for the cheevo farmers

All they have to do is give out commendation rewards / literally any rewards for pvp(not just lovely currency to buy even shittier pvp rewards) and people would play it.

cl_gibcount 9999
Aug 15, 2002

they'd have to fix it first, but considering the last time they did an update pass for pvp was mid-February 2016 it's obvious they don't have the manpower or desire to deal with it

maybe once the whole BUE systems are done and out they'll toss a dev back on it or something

it's all kind of ironic as the BUE system changes are like toned down versions of the pvp system (no charges for movement powers, dashes had 10s cooldowns, teleports had 15s cooldowns) so if they just dumped the power changes they had for pvp then everything would be standardized with pve and the largest hurdle to new players trying it out would be gone

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
https://twitter.com/Asros/status/843321400827895809

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

like the catsup on the well done steak

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

RNGesus giveth and he taketh away. Or giveth a turd I guess is more accurate, whatever.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice
So today is my first anniversary (which is the paper anniversary) and I got my wife this Legend of Zelda shadowbox thing that a goon makes on his etsy shop, customized with our names and wedding date. Thought it was a nice sweet gift but my wife just crushed it with what she gave me. Went on etsy and found someone who draws your faces onto cartoons, then printed onto a big framed poster.

She's from the south and has always liked Rogue, and our cat is a lovely rear end in a top hat so Cyclops is perfect.

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine
2/10 bulge, I'd get my money back.

Differo Cathedra
Oct 9, 2012

To be honest it was 4AM when I started making the gif and even I don't know what it's supposed to be about by the time I finished it an hour and a few GIS searches later :effort:

Was gonna ask you to get help but Catclops redeemed the image.

Seriously, that's pretty adorable. :3:

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

davebo posted:

So today is my first anniversary (which is the paper anniversary) and I got my wife this Legend of Zelda shadowbox thing that a goon makes on his etsy shop, customized with our names and wedding date. Thought it was a nice sweet gift but my wife just crushed it with what she gave me. Went on etsy and found someone who draws your faces onto cartoons, then printed onto a big framed poster.

She's from the south and has always liked Rogue, and our cat is a lovely rear end in a top hat so Cyclops is perfect.

Are you going to get two more Wolverines commissioned for your other cosmic Wolverines?

(Catclops is really channelling 90s cartoon Cyclops' incredible disdain for any shenanigans. What a great gift!)

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

davebo posted:

Where is the keyboard gut?

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Ghostlight posted:

Tenacity is really the only trap stat I can think of. It's not just ineffective but unlike some other marginal stats it's something included on items as if it is effective rather than a small bonus. Some characters are more predisposed to Deflect or Dodge, that'll be listed under their Traits in the power screen, but the difference between them is minimal - all of it gets bundled in various forms to create your overall Damage Resistance stat. At high levels of gearing offensive stats outside of Damage Rating, Critical Damage Rating and Brutal Damage Rating all get put on a diminishing returns curve, so you tend to focus on those three.

Okay, so avoid Tenacity, and just get to 60 to :spergin: about getting Deflect/Dodge and all the Damage Ratings. Got it.

For someone like Juggernaut, would just Brutal and regular Damage Rating be preferred? I dunno what the hell Brutal does in terms of damage.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

widespread posted:

Okay, so avoid Tenacity, and just get to 60 to :spergin: about getting Deflect/Dodge and all the Damage Ratings. Got it.

For someone like Juggernaut, would just Brutal and regular Damage Rating be preferred? I dunno what the hell Brutal does in terms of damage.

Juggernaut is a bit of an outlier because he scales really well with extra spirit items(will be called momentum when you are on juggernaut). DR is still generally king since it will always improve your damage in every scenario. The way how Brutal Damage works is that it is a critical for critical strikes. So every critical strike has a chance equal to your brutal strike chance to become a brutal strike. Critical Strikes do a base of 150% of your normal damage + any critical damage rating stuff you might have floating around, Brutal strikes do 300% of base damage + any critical damage rating and brutal damage rating stuff you might have around. Also some base conversion for level 60 are as follows:

1% damage = 40 Damage Rating
1% critical/brutal damage = 80 Critical/Brutal Damage Rating(about)

So that means favored attributes are worth 160 DR and whatever else the stat gives you. One smallish detail though is that if anything says that very specifically say that they give +% damage to critical strikes, those do not carry over to brutal strikes unless they changed that and I missed it recently. As far as I know though, the only two places where you will see that is with the purple pet affix, and a couple of hero synergies. There might be some uniques floating around with those too, but it still isn't a giant issue.

edit: They just changed how +% damage to critical strikes works now, it carries through to brutal strikes now.

Grinning Goblin fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Mar 22, 2017

TheJetCityFix
Feb 3, 2004

Errday I'm Russellin'
Could you ask your wife for a link to the business that does that? Totally want to get one of those.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

TheJetCityFix posted:

Could you ask your wife for a link to the business that does that? Totally want to get one of those.

Yeah no problem: https://www.etsy.com/shop/CaptainPopart?ref=shop_sugg

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Here you go, davebo. My Deadpool build pulling a 2:06 ranged ttk and 2:11 melee: http://marvelheroes.info/build/3819/

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Catclops is too good for this world

Erdricks
Sep 8, 2005

There's nothing refreshing like a sauna!

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

You think this is a game?
Has the post-NGE update clusterfuck calmed down to a semi-stable level yet? Did they add the new tier of items?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Haroshia posted:

Has the post-NGE update clusterfuck calmed down to a semi-stable level yet? Did they add the new tier of items?

Describe for us, if you will, this "clusterfuck" and why you think it was unstable.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Toshimo posted:

Describe for us, if you will, this "clusterfuck" and why you think it was unstable.

General consensus I saw was that balance was shifting all over the place because they were feeling out the various mechanics changes. I don't care if they're still tweaking stuff, I just want to know if they're now doing less drastic changes. I want to feel like it's somewhat "safe" to invest in a character.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Haroshia posted:

General consensus I saw was that balance was shifting all over the place because they were feeling out the various mechanics changes. I don't care if they're still tweaking stuff, I just want to know if they're now doing less drastic changes. I want to feel like it's somewhat "safe" to invest in a character.

Ok. Here's where we're at:

• Powers and Talents - These are going to keep getting more passes, but they are somewhat stable and most characters have a somewhat defined kit.
  • Itemization - Cosmic Artifacts are the chase item right now. That's probably as set in stone as anything can be for at least a couple of years. Uniques are still going away. Revamped cosmics are in and can be better than some uniques for some heroes. Omegas aren't in yet, and are at least a few months out.
  • Character Progression - The second iteration of the Infinity System (v1.1) is due on the Test Center this week and appears to be miles better than 1.0. This is a good sign.
  • Costumes - The blender is going out in a couple of months when the wardrobe system hits. Get your costumes blended now if you want to do that sort of thing.

So, as far as "investing in a character", their kit is probably pretty firm, so if you like the way they play, that's probably not going anywhere. Almost every hero is at the minimum level of competency (probaby 55+ of the 61 heroes), so you'll be able to do all the relevant content in a meaningful way right now. The new Infinity System (v1.1) is going to have major breakpoints at 150/300/450/600/750/900 points, so if you want to do cool poo poo, you'll probably want to get to whichever your next breakpoint is. Omegas are months out, but you've got time now to start targeting and acquiring Cosmic Artifacts for all the heroes you want to play since those are going to be BiS for the forseeable future.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Danny Rand is without a doubt the worst at being Iron Fist.

Haroshia
Feb 27, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
I don't think that's true. He's bad at so many things, I just can't imagine that being Iron Fist is his largest failing.

jujojoh
Feb 25, 2016

:gaz:

:cosmic2day:

:gaz:

davebo posted:

You are more handsome than I expected which makes me sad since I am uglier than my mom expected me to be

Gibbering Madness
Nov 7, 2009

69 69 69 68

jujojoh posted:

You are more handsome than I expected which makes me sad since I am uglier than my mom expected me to be

... and white trash single moms don't expect poo poo

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

It's like he left before he finished his training.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Kheldarn posted:

It's like he left before he finished his training.

"Stand here, kill dudes" is not a particularly difficult set of instructions for someone to manage to get both parts wrong.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Saint Freak posted:

"Stand here, kill dudes" is not a particularly difficult set of instructions for someone to manage to get both parts wrong.

That wasn't his training. That was a duty. He still needed training on how to use his Iron Fist powers. Like how to use his chi to heal.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

He got distracted by a bird, it happens.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

College Slice

jujojoh posted:

It's just a drawing, and all but the face was copied from an existing Wolverine drawing. In real life the only time I have visible abs is when they're printed onto a Wolverine shirt:

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
:siren: Nick Fury's on TC.

Chufmoney posted:

Hey Everyone,

Together with the rest of the Powers team we've created our take on Nick Fury.

What you'll find with Fury is that he's primarily a ranged character as you level him up. So, as you might expect, his primary resource is Ammo. Powers have a set ammo cost but don't require the exact amount to activate, meaning you can use a power you don't technically have the cost for. When he's out of ammo there's a brief cooldown period before ammo auto-reloads.

Expect lots of rifle and grenade powers in his low levels and into his 30s. He has a few call-in powers such as an airstrike, but largely you'll be relying on his roll to stay out of combat and blast away at enemies with a number of cooldown powers in your rotation.

Once you're unlocking talents, this is where Fury's layers open up a bit. In talents you'll find options to call in assists from heroes like Falcon and Warmachine, turn a ranged power into a PBAoE, and augment your signature power. Take time going through this (and try out his Life Model Decoy -- it looks awesome).

For those looking for a summoner Fury, the right side of his talents tree is what you'll be looking for. Here you can call in a cadre of shield agents to your side. They don't stick around forever, but anytime you hit someone with a power they jump right back into the fight. You can mix and match what your Fireteam looks like.

Have fun with Fury, and let us know what you think.
Also the Infinity system changes, the Luke and Kitty updates, and the Medusa team-up. If you're into that sort of thing, I mean.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!
Someone pls tell me about the TC client and having it side-by-side installed with live.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sounds like they had to sneak in Summoner Fury via talents since Marvel wouldn't let them do it normally

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Toshimo posted:

Someone pls tell me about the TC client and having it side-by-side installed with live.
I have the regular one in Steam and then the TC client just installed to a different directory as a standalone. It works fine, I just have to update manually which is okay because I don't use it that often.

Looking forward to Nick Frankclops.

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

ey yo nick got that michael jackson disease, that's rough my man

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Is that Ice-T?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Lozareth posted:

Is that Ice-T?

LEMONADE!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me