Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I need goaltending in a bad way in HHL and I am willing to part with marquee forwards for one. Probably looking for a straight swap that doesn't involve keepers, but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I'm open to moving Tavares and Backstrom in the HHL. I want cheap keepers.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET
Peter Budaj is apparently an impenetrable wall who is going to get my HHL team to the playoffs.

Ginette Reno posted:

I'm open to moving Tavares and Backstrom in the HHL. I want cheap keepers.

I'd be interested in Backstrom, unfortunately I don't really have cheap keepers. Unless you're interested in J.T. Miller for $1->$2. Or Nathan Beaulieu for the same.

mentholmoose fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Feb 5, 2017

genki
Nov 12, 2003
I have a bunch of cheap keepers but not sure any are in the range of skill you'd be looking for...

Will probably hang onto Talbot for next year, otherwise tossup between tkachuk/marchessault/anisimov/dubinsky/parayko. I forget, is it three keepers or four?

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

mentholmoose posted:

Peter Budaj is apparently an impenetrable wall who is going to get my HHL team to the playoffs.

I'd be interested in Backstrom, unfortunately I don't really have cheap keepers. Unless you're interested in J.T. Miller for $1->$2. Or Nathan Beaulieu for the same.

Yeah honestly looking around the league the people who have keepers I'd want are all out of the playoffs and the people who are contending are all full of vets or what young keepers they do have are too good to be traded.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
If I beat T-Bone this week I might be a buyer. Finally my team is getting healthy.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm trying to win now primarily, but also thinking of the future a bit. I was offered either Toffoli (13th next year) or Huberdeau (8th next year) for spare parts and I'm wondering what anyone thinks might be the better target for this year? The future?

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Huberdeau is a PPG player this year, so he's #1.

But seriously, I am not sure. Both guys are great. Toffoli is coming off a great year (30+ goals, and 58 points), but isn't on pace to replicate those numbers. Huberdeau has back-to-back 50+ point seasons, but doesn't give you the same goal scoring ability as Toffoli. Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with either, whether it's this year or for the future. Personally, I really like Huberdeau.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Yeah, last year my team was a freight train so I could've "burned" a roster spot to carry a guy like Toffoli for the future, but this year is going to be more of a battle and I think Huberdeau offers me the best combo of win now and future value, just needed someone to corroborate that to make sure I wasn't missing something.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I would maybe willing to package Ekblad and Henrik for a veteran upgrade if anyone in the HHL is interested.

genki
Nov 12, 2003

T-Bone posted:

I would maybe willing to package Ekblad and Henrik for a veteran upgrade if anyone in the HHL is interested.
Clearly you need upgrades, considering I totally won our matchup this week. Thanks to my prescient decision to keep talbot benched against the predators, which was totally not because I forgot to update my lines.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
last week in HHL is shaping up to be dramatic. 5 teams that could end up in 7th or 8th depending on how this week goes. I got t-bone so I'm pretty sure I'm hosed.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
HHL got me so distraught by T-Bones team that I slipped to third in part of apathy hahah

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

last week in HHL is shaping up to be dramatic. 5 teams that could end up in 7th or 8th depending on how this week goes. I got t-bone so I'm pretty sure I'm hosed.

I think only the top 6 teams make it, so it's actually pretty anti climatic because #6 has all but clinched.

in the LSL the top 8 make it though.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Playing one of the teams in LSL at the bottom of the playoff bracket who are all like 4 percentage points away from each other. My poopy butt team going to play spoiler

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Ginette Reno posted:

I think only the top 6 teams make it, so it's actually pretty anti climatic because #6 has all but clinched.

in the LSL the top 8 make it though.

oh yeah, you're right, I was thinking of LSL. Never mind then, that's a bummer.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
Getting killed by Steve Mason and the 17th place team in LSL knocked me down to 9th and might end up costing me a playoff spot.

Matched up with T-Bone in the final week though, and he's currently in 8th, so I've got a shot. Gotta make up 13 points :/

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Gobias Ind. posted:

Getting killed by Steve Mason and the 17th place team in LSL knocked me down to 9th and might end up costing me a playoff spot.

sorry

if it makes you feel better, my team imploded even though I have some extremely good forwards because Varlamov and Mason were/are either dead or sucked rear end all year. Picking first overall blows, I missed out on all the good goalies and definitely picked the wrong goalies when I had my chances.

Jamwad Hilder fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Mar 6, 2017

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Gobias Ind. posted:

Matched up with T-Bone in the final week though, and he's currently in 8th, so I've got a shot. Gotta make up 13 points :/

I had a monster week to climb into 7th. Hoping to hang onto that. I'm playing #12.

I have no idea how I'm in the playoffs at all, though. I feel like I have a decent enough group up front but my goaltending is Elliot, Darling, and Hellebuyck. Darling just got hurt which complicates things even further.

Ginette Reno fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Mar 6, 2017

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

sorry

if it makes you feel better, my team imploded even though I have some extremely good forwards because Varlamov and Mason were/are either dead or sucked rear end all year. Picking first overall blows, I missed out on all the good goalies and definitely picked the wrong goalies when I had my chances.

Now that I think about it yeah there are at least 20 goalies gone by the time it gets back to you huh?

Vicas
Dec 9, 2009

Sweet tricks, mom.
Meanwhile Ben Bishop being traded into being a backup basically ends all hope of even starting to climb for me. Not that I had a great shot to begin with but incredibly rip

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I had a good shot of making it up to .500 for the season if I won big last week but my opponent had Carey Price and single handedly won 4 categories for them.

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Veskit posted:

Now that I think about it yeah there are at least 20 goalies gone by the time it gets back to you huh?

Yeah, and I took Varlamov because he's a good goalie. I think we all knew the Avs were going to be bad, but I didn't think they'd be as bad as they are. Steve Mason was my other goalie and I figured the Flyers would at least be ok and he'd put up reasonable numbers. Nope.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

I think I've basically locked up the #1 seed in the LSL, though if Gibson doesn't come back I'm probably going to lose in the first round again. I really, really wish I had taken Bobrovsky instead of Mrazek in the third round of the draft; that pick has not gone well.

deadEd
Feb 20, 2001
Barring some kind of miracle win this week I'm going to go from winning LSL last year to missing the playoffs this year. Icy cold start for pretty much all of my forwards hurt me and by the time they picked it up, Rask decided that he was going to mark 2017 by playing sub-.900 hockey.

My LOLHL team is doing okay, though having that one autodrafted on account of my dumb rear end not even setting a reminder for the draft kinda takes the joy out of it.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
I might blow my playoff spot in the LSL. Playing the 9th seed and I'm down 3.

e: yeah my autodrafted LOL team is gonna make it but it stands no chance. HHL I'm the favorite but it's been close lately, having to only win a couple of games because of the bye will help though I hope.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
Oh man, I need to win by 8 to finish at .500 in my first LSL season and I'm leading 11-2 heading into the last day

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

Great timing on that injury Lundquist thanks a lot

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
I didn't realize how much goaltending sunk me in HHL until today when I looked at head to head stats and found out I had the league worst category in every single category. I guess that's what a mediocre Rinne and holding on to Brian Elliott for too long will do to you.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

#1 seed in LSL! And of course, John Gibson decided to re-injure himself just as the playoffs started! :suicide:

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
Ended up 6th in the LSL, and top seed in the making GBS threads gold HHL team I drafted. Holding on to 6th in the LOL with a 23 point lead on 9th so barring a spectacular collapse I'm OK there.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Jamwad Hilder posted:

I didn't realize how much goaltending sunk me in HHL until today when I looked at head to head stats and found out I had the league worst category in every single category. I guess that's what a mediocre Rinne and holding on to Brian Elliott for too long will do to you.

Elliot has actually been pretty good lately and I hope can keep that up because I finished 4th in LSL and him and Helleybuck is my tandem. I also have Darling but he's hurt so I reallly need one or both of those goalies to play well to have a chance.

toe knee hand
Jun 20, 2012

HANSEN ON A BREAKAWAY

HONEY BADGER DON'T SCORE
So relieved I edged out Veskit for the second bye in HHL, got a lot of injuries which will hopefully heal up soon.

Yaya
Nov 14, 2012

vancloober cablucks
I was under .500 for literally the entire LSL season going into the final week, so to finish above it is pretty satisfying. I also have a better idea of how it works now compared to at the very beginning

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

Welp, Malkin, Johnson, and Lundqvist are all dead so that's probably the end of the playoffs for my LSL team. One of these years I'll justify my seed again.

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

Welp, Malkin, Johnson, and Lundqvist are all dead so that's probably the end of the playoffs for my LSL team. One of these years I'll justify my seed again.

You destroyed me like two weeks ago, too -- sorry dude.

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

Going into the last day of this matchup I'm tied with the 8th seed team. I think I hold the tiebreaker, so I might be able to win my first ever LSL playoff match (as long as Devan Dubnyk doesn't get a shutout).

Koopa Kid
Aug 21, 2007

T-Bone posted:

You destroyed me like two weeks ago, too -- sorry dude.

It's the beauty of fantasy hockey!

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?

Koopa Kid posted:

It's the beauty of fantasy hockey!

I've lost in the semifinals every single year since winning it the first season, I don't expect this one to be any different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Start or sit Elliot? Try far up in the other goalie categories by Fleurys shut out got me scared. Up 10-3 head to head but on razor margins and a SO could swing it to me.

• Locked thread