Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I think, with the times we're in, and Lynch always being able to see the quirky optimism in people, that there will be a bittersweet-to-slightly-upbeat turn for the Lodge(s) and the townsfolk. Kinda like the very end of True Detective S1.

SaviourX fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer
What?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I liked Secret Diary of Laura Palmer when I was 17 but I'm not sure I'd want to read it again

not gotten very far into Secret History either

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Forgot an important qualifier in there.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

James decided to unleash his full forehead powers

sout
Apr 24, 2014

Big Mean Jerk posted:

His forheard extends all the way down the back of his neck
also I guess Audrey lived?
I think this was probably revealed a while ago but I hadn't seen the show until a few months ago anyway so I wasn't aware.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Take a look at the masked man
Beating up the wrong guy
Oh man! Wonder if he'll ever know
Chris Benoit killed his family
So is Lara Flynn Boyle not coming back again? I don't want another Fake Donna.

Edit: Also no Hawk or Lucy or Andy or Truman, this is an outrage. That's like a whole other cover right there.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Luchadork posted:

Edit: Also no Hawk or Lucy or Andy or Truman, this is an outrage. That's like a whole other cover right there.

Lara Flynn Boyle is nuts and will never work on a Twin Peaks thing again.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Luchadork posted:

Michael Ontkean is retired from acting, so if Harry comes back they're gonna have him recast. :smith:

And yeah, Lara Flynn Boyle isn't coming back (again). Her actress from Fire Walk With Me is also not on the cast list so either Donna's just not in it or they're gonna recast her a second time.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Donna sucks so loss there

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Also Audrey's continued state of living is owed to Pete, who shielded her from the bomb and died in the blast if The Secret History of Twin Peaks is to be believed.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

cis autodrag posted:

Lara Flynn Boyle is nuts and will never work on a Twin Peaks thing again.

Did she have a particular bad behind-the-scenes experience on Twin Peaks or something?

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Movie Donna is worlds better than Show Donna.

I'm expecting the new season to be Cooper dealing with an altered reality, whether it's within the Lodge or something else, continuing the "familiar but wrong" sense of the book.

A True Jar Jar Fan fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Mar 23, 2017

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Hot drat this is gonna be great, crazy that it's only a couple months away. James is pretty funny, I look forward to seeing what kind of craziness his life is like these days.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/23/twin-peaks-revival-showtime-cover/ There's a clip with interviews and stuff from the photo shoot on there.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Did she have a particular bad behind-the-scenes experience on Twin Peaks or something?

nah, the opposite. She was dating Kyle McLachlan at the time and when a romance plot between Cooper and Audrey was proposed she flipped her poo poo and harassed them into not doing it. It's rumored she also got other bits and pieces vetoed and Lynch basically doesn't want to work with her because she's vain and crazy.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

sout posted:

His forheard extends all the way down the back of his neck
also I guess Audrey lived?
I think this was probably revealed a while ago but I hadn't seen the show until a few months ago anyway so I wasn't aware.

He said, not even stopping to think about Sheryl Lee being there.

sout fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Mar 23, 2017

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

cis autodrag posted:

nah, the opposite. She was dating Kyle McLachlan at the time and when a romance plot between Cooper and Audrey was proposed she flipped her poo poo and harassed them into not doing it. It's rumored she also got other bits and pieces vetoed and Lynch basically doesn't want to work with her because she's vain and crazy.

Ha, what the hell? Does she not understand, y'know... acting?

What a psycho hose-beast :colbert:

Fake edit: I shouldn't label. Was it not kierkegaard or Dick Van Patton that said 'If you label me, you negate me'?

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy

Heavy Metal posted:

Hot drat this is gonna be great, crazy that it's only a couple months away. James is pretty funny, I look forward to seeing what kind of craziness his life is like these days.

http://ew.com/tv/2017/03/23/twin-peaks-revival-showtime-cover/ There's a clip with interviews and stuff from the photo shoot on there.

That whole thing is great, everyone seems so excited about being back. I like that they kind of gave a retrospective on the whole show and it's on-air history, though I wish they hadn't gone into the reveal of Laura's killer and the big cliffhanger because otherwise it would be a great primer for someone who hasn't seen the show.

cis autodrag posted:

I know you can't explain crazy, but it's extra crazy that she would nix Cooper/Audrey while she was doing her whole thing with James, and then Cooper gets Annie later anyhow.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Norma still perfect I see

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.
Nadine looks like she hasn't aged a bit, how appropriate.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Who are the blondes? Is that laura/shelley/norma?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Ha, what the hell? Does she not understand, y'know... acting?

What a psycho hose-beast :colbert:

Fake edit: I shouldn't label. Was it not kierkegaard or Dick Van Patton that said 'If you label me, you negate me'?

I love Kierkegaard so drat much.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Oh gently caress yes to all of those.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Holy hell, did Shelley's actress drink from the fountain of youth?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

cis autodrag posted:

I love Kierkegaard so drat much.

Zang! :shobon:

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Raxivace posted:

Madchen Amick plays Betty's vengeful, high-maintenance mom Alice Cooper on Riverdale and is more attractive than several of the 20-something actresses playing teenagers.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

We don't actually see Laura get killed by Bob/leland in FWWM (if I remember correctly) but do any of the deleted scenes/missing pieces cover it?

Also I liked FWWM, thought it had a strong message. I don't think its the best Lynch movie (for me that goes to Mulholland Drive) but Leland and Laura really make it a great film. I almost wish they didn't include Cooper's limited scenes because I really don't feel like the FBI home office stuff really added to the movie.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
LUCY AND ANDY HOORAY

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Raxivace posted:

Madchen Amick will always be hot forever.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Solice Kirsk posted:

I can't disagree with this, but my favourite will always be Sherilyn Fenn.

I mean, goddamned :swoon:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean it seems we have reason to believe the "forever" part isn't hyperbole.

Luchadork
Feb 18, 2010

Beating up the wrong guy
Madchen kind of looks like Miesha Tate in that photo and Andy kind of looks like Martin Short as Ed Grimely.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I'm so pumped to see what goofy poo poo Andy and Lucy are up to these days.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
I am excited to watch James continue to be a manbaby because it means the people of Twin Peaks will have had to put up with him for the past 25 years.

sout
Apr 24, 2014

CJacobs posted:

I am excited to watch James continue to be a manbaby because it means the people of Twin Peaks will have had to put up with him for the past 25 years.

"I'm gunna do it, I'm gunna just get on my bike and ride on out of this drat town."
"Okay, James, that's fine."
"What, you think I won't do it? I'm gunna do it this time."

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sout posted:

"I'm gunna do it, I'm gunna just get on my bike and ride on out of this drat town."

Maybe he's tried, but he's cursed that the road he decides to use is always recursive and just drives him right back into town.

The other part of the curse is that he never remembers doing this.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Old Hawk loving owns.

Can't wait. I'm watching the original series again and just finished season 2 premiere. drat that last scene gives me chills.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

sout posted:

Maybe that's why Donna might not be in the new season. She just got tired of James being a wuss despite now being an adult and left town to get away from him. :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

while you're all drooling over madchen amick i would like to point out that peggy lipton is 70 years old

• Locked thread