Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
yessssss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
EA can't ignore another hat trick, awesome. Also I got another IF doing the marquee matchups, it was Burgstaller, he's a discard but he has 95 stamina and a 5* wf so I'm gonna give him a run out in my squad.

The Motm Goretzka looks awesome and he is going to knock TIF Keita out of my Bundesliga squad. Goretzkas nif is basically on par with Renato Sanches in my book and he's really underrated so the MOTM will be great and cheap. Keita is good but he feels weak and goes missing a lot in a 433. It's a bummer because I like his SIF in the 352 but TIF Keita just isn't suiting my playstyle.

Other moves I'm debating making - Getting SIF Perrin and swapping him with IF Gonalons in game to play perrin at CDM, he would be one of the best CDMs in the game if put there. I'm also debating Kante because seriously that card looks like a complete joke and I do not see him scoring another goal to bump that OTW up and get a new IF. The price will most likely go up when he's out of packs.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

It's gonna be hard to sell my IF-Modeste when his SIF comes out. Just scored #250 with him last night,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WnWIGK9JNLs&t=27s
He went on to hat-trick that game as well :love:

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
SIF Gomez and SIF Insigne gonna make me some money this week. Projecting ~300k profit this week.

~180k off of Insigne
~135k off of Gomez

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
drat, was thinking of investing in TIF Lukaku this week, saw one go for 463 this afternoon and a handful at 479! They are already up to 520 again, could have flipped for ~100k profit on 4 of them and THEN invested in my other guys :).

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

In penny-ante news I grabbed a bunch of schweinsteigers given the mls news, even small appreciation helps

I can't seem to break out of Division 4, which is probably a bad sign for ever getting better

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Ohhh shitttt 89 shooting baseline

:love:

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Oh joy oh bliss, I wonder how much he's gonna be.

e: It'd be cool to pull him from rewards tomorrow, I'd probably never sell him.

Also thinking about how sick his TOTS is gonna be, man. It should even be pretty affordable.

hopterque fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 22, 2017

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Yeah all the hype on this TOTW is centered on Messi/Cuadrado/Lukaku. Modeste is being overlooked and should hopefully be 40-50k-ish. Also holy poo poo that Junuzovic card.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

There will probably be fut birthday events and IF SBCs so I see Modeste hitting 40k possibly 30k. I've invested in the possibility of King getting POTM. It'll be the first PL SBC I will want. He will link up nice in hybrid with If Elyounassi, Motm Serie Die, IF toure, aurier, Bailly etc.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Yeah a King POTM would be sick, but I still want a POTM Lukaku most of all.

Hope the birthday event is good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Lukaku has 1,000 informs already

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Uh, so I tried to play today and literally every match i've tried to get (10 times) has been full red one-bar connection.

I'm on gigabit fiber and normally get 3 (or 5 when appropriate) bars for everyone

I rebooted the PS4 and all, is this just a bug with the new patch?

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Modeste is already only like 80k on ps4, if there's a TOTW sbc he's gonna be insanely cheap, and even without one might dip below 60k.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Higher than expected on PS4 but yeah I could see a 60k mark on him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Bought Modeste for 85k. No regrets

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup

Tzen posted:

Bought Modeste for 85k. No regrets

Modeste is worth any price, really. I'm buying him asap once I get my rewards tomorrow even though I don't REALLY plan on using him (but knowing I will anyway).

Just gimme one from a pack EA, please, an inform worth 60k isn't an unreasonable ask considering how poo poo my rewards have been.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

First game with SIF-Modeste and he scores a hat trick :getin: Here was his second goal,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt-Y0hyyQkc&t=24s

His next game he scored a brace. His third game he scored a brace and was on a hat trick when the EA servers shitted themselves. I finally re-connected and it seems that his last 2 goals didn't register in his stats, ah well.

Overall, SIF-Modeste is a loving monster beast and I love him.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I also swapped IF-Latza for IF-Junuzovic and he's worked quite well alongside 3IF-Keita for a solid CM duo.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I snagged MOTM Goretzka and IF Junuzovic to fill in next to draxler in the 433(4). They are replacing castro/renato/keita/thiago etc. I think it will be incredible. Junuzovic got a massive boost in most of his stats + h/h and 99 stamina will be awesome. Goretzka is just a great all arounder and is 6'2 on top of it. Having Junuzovic in the squad means that I finally have a good freekick takre in the squad now. I wish there was an elite CAM who could unseat Draxler at CAM but I haven't found one yet. (I might try MOTM Thiago at CAM but med/med isn't great and his IF didn't click with me).

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

What chem style do you use on SIF Modeste? I used basic on the IF but now that his passing and dribbling are better I might try hawk.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
I've been using Engine, even at striker, I didn't really see any point in adding to shooting or physical when they were already so high

I wanted his passing to get boosted because I do a lot of holding up with LT and doing a through pass with him, I wanted those to be decent

I guess I figured there probably weren't many chances I was gonna convert at 99 finishing that I wouldn't at 90, but there are plenty of passes that are hard to make with 76 passing

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Mar 25, 2017

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm using hunter on him because I happened to have a few in my club, but I'm probably gonna switch to Catalyst or maybe engine.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

I'm on D3 right now. I used to have trouble scoring and get a lot 0-0 draws in lower divisions until I realized this year you can just straight up pass the ball in the box and score. Or you can just sprint by an AI CB no problem. Now I'm slotting in 4-5 every game but my desire to play has been lowered considerably.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

UnfurledSails posted:

I'm on D3 right now. I used to have trouble scoring and get a lot 0-0 draws in lower divisions until I realized this year you can just straight up pass the ball in the box and score. Or you can just sprint by an AI CB no problem. Now I'm slotting in 4-5 every game but my desire to play has been lowered considerably.

You're talking about playing the AI right? because you absolutely can't sprint by CBs at all this year against a semi-competent player.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
It gets a lot harder to score when you get to D1, I definitely notice that when I'm in D2 pulling D4-D3 people more often I can get a lot more 4-5 goal games, but when I'm hanging out in D1 I average like 1.8 or something.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I stopped at d 5 (promoted every time) because divisions suck so maybe my reference of what an average player is like is skewed. WL and WL qualifiers is more than enough game time over the week for me. As a consequence the only really bad players I run into are in the WL qualifiers in the first and second round.

I was big into tournaments every fifa so I'm annoyed they're gone this year and replaced with qualifiers. Tournaments always provided a good mix of competitiveness and fun and I liked the restrictions a lot as well.

Anyways I think I'm going to make bank over the Fut birthday event next week. nearly all my coins are sunk into IFs and I have a ton. They will all most likely be needed for various sbcs over the week and if it's anything like Futmas, prices will double to triple on everything.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I think an average player is like D2 because like winning half your games keeps you at D1 so I imagine like 40% of people or so stay at D1

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

I think an average player is like D2 because like winning half your games keeps you at D1 so I imagine like 40% of people or so stay at D1

I saw a player survey once where people self reported divisions and the average player is a lot worse than you'd think.

Also idk what to do with motm pulisic at the moment. I got him for 88k and he's going for ~160k. I like the card and want to keep it but I have a sneaking suspicion both him and dempsey will recieve IFs in the upcoming TOTW. Two players picked from the same team is rare but it happens and pickings are slimmer over international break. Dempsey is a shoe-in for his hattrick but Pulisic got 1 g 2 a and motm. I know EA doens't really rate motm ratings when it comes to TOTW but I think they might put in both players to move some packs.

e- here's the survey

http://www.strawpoll.me/5774991/r

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

I'm using Hunter on my SIF-Modeste cause all I do is score with him.

Some highlights,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NaPUsRSE5DM&t=28s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ODSBZAnk9gs&t=35s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REzLwnYwx8k&t=33s

also a rare assist from SIF-Modeste,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tB6xxz6txo&t=38s

and a rare Sokratis goal. I swear I never score with my CBs,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrBWFGee_Wc&t=24s

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I'm definitely going to pick up SIF Modeste but.... IF Osako is going to keep him on the bench until his production drops. Osako is incredible for me. Amazing link up play, solid dribbling, and money finesse shots on either foot (5* wf, finnese shot trait). I used him initally because of the novelty and the 5* wf but he's legit good enough to be the main striker in a gold weekend league team. IF Osako + Draxler at CAM is just crazy. I'm debating building a money Ligue 1 team solely to try OTW Draxler at CAM.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Seltzer posted:

I used him initally because of the novelty and the 5* wf but he's legit good enough to be the main striker in a gold weekend league team.
Haha this was me as well. I had IF-Osako for my b-squad just for the hell of it. annnnnd 50+ goals later :stare:
Although I'm thinking about changing it up and trying out Burgstaller for my b-squad

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

I packed Burgstaller and he was a bit poo poo tbh. H/H had him all over the place, his dribbling and passing were nowhere near Osakos either. Osako has key stats in all the right areas for passing despite the overall stat being low. He has 82 vision 83 short pass and 80 curve, the three most important stats for a striker, everything else is trash but who cares, I'm not using him to pick out long passes or take freekicks. Burgstaller's vision is a pretty miserable 68. Osako has a higher in game rating at striker with no chem or with basic than Burgstaller.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
My finishing is sooooo bad this weekend and it's killing me. Playing pretty well all around, creating tons of chances, but missing shots that are like 90-95% goals for me normally basically constantly.

I want to die.

e: SIF Modeste is good, though, obviously. Still at like 7 goals and 4 assists in 8 games, would probably be double that if I hadn't completely forgotten how to shoot.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
Just got neymar from an SBC reward pack.

So I mean my luck from WL rewards has been dogshit every week but between him and Aguero I'd say my overall pack luck is pretty god drat good.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

hopterque posted:

Just got neymar from an SBC reward pack.

So I mean my luck from WL rewards has been dogshit every week but between him and Aguero I'd say my overall pack luck is pretty god drat good.

Nice. I just did the new SBCs and I got alex Sandro twice annnnnnnd.....

My pack luck is nuts this year. This was the the first IF walkout I've had though. I forgot most of who was in the totw and honestly didn't remember Insigne was in it so I was trying to figure out what high rated Italian it would be. Needless to say getting Insigne is awesome. I'm not going to lie though when I saw the In Form walk out animation I was really hoping for that Argentine flag to drop down but I'll definitely take this!

Seltzer fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Mar 28, 2017

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

Good lord the TOTW is insane,

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Yea and I'm getting rinsed for not selling motm pulisic and if Piszcek earlier. Looking at a 40k total loss if I sell now but I think things might rebound. I'm gonna pick up Podolski, Dempsey. Pulisic, and possibly Verrati out of this totw.

hopterque
Mar 9, 2007

sup
I'm gonna pack Ronaldo, I can feel it.

Also Birthday event is friday, so maybe save reward packs and poo poo till then, reasonably high likelihood of a totw SBC and a bunch of other poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
IF Piszczek could be a decent investment this week. His price has dropped 50k, might stock up on him. Just not sure what the 86 Piszczek might go for. If it hits ~200k then I think Piszczek could easily climb back up to 100kish. I don't know though, having Messi in the TOTW last week F'd up a lot of my investments.

• Locked thread