Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

ManofManyAliases posted:

I told you my thoughts, oh, maybe 4 times so far?

Yeah but to be fair you also expected Star Marine to be a lot of fun. Getting you to state your updated, lowered expectations also helps to make the funny when CIG fails to meet them.

Again.

And again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/Jorunn_SC/status/843617925626023936

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

That missile loading animation thing makes sense now.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

AP posted:

Yeah but to be fair you also expected Star Marine to be a lot of fun. Getting you to state your updated, lowered expectations also helps to make the funny when CIG fails to meet them.

Again.

And again.

:perfect:

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.

ManofManyAliases posted:

I told you my thoughts, oh, maybe 4 times so far? I expect a 3.0 drop by end of summer 2017. I also expected at least one level of sq42 to drop (including evocati drop) sometime this year. I don't expect them to release much more of that because it's a story line they want to share with everyone all at once.

The pricing structure for the ships was always discussed to be: cheapest upon initial offering and going up in price with each anniversary of the ship until release. We've already seen this with ships like SH and Retaliator. So, if a ship costs $100 now (and at a UEC conversion of 1000 to $1USD,, then it stand to reason that the in-game UEC cost for the ship will be 100,000 UEC. If it increases in price at least 4 times to let's say: $300 before release, then we're looking at a ship costing 300,000 in UEC. Now it may not be a true 4x original price structure for all ships. I'm assuming there are other factors such as rarity, lore, etc, but I fully expect ships costing much more in game after release than now.

When SC is released, it's said that we'll have the capability of trading ships for UEC, etc. I fully expect people to make out-of-game sale arrangements that involve the transfer of real cash instead of in-game UEC.

No offense, but you are a loving idiot. Nothing that you have said is germane to the basic point that Croberts & Co. have set for themselves impossible deliverables on impossible deadlines unless they have infinite money. Which they don't! The scope of this "project" has been inflated beyond the capabilities of any earthly organization. Even if they had Elon Musk and Bill Gates in their loving back pocket, they will never be able to reach their stated stretch goals. You will get something, at best, that compares poorly to Elite Dangerous. Sorry. But thems the facts. The netcode bullshit alone that they claim to be working on is IMPOSSIBLE with current level technology. Get out before the rush. Don't be stupid. I beg you. Moron.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

You know nothing Cymelion.

e: just realized I've probably been pronouncing his name wrong in my head all this time, it can't be sci-meal-eon, can it?

That's how I always assumed it was pronounced until you mentioned it, but a k sound probably makes more sense than an s. :shrug:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

ManofManyAliases posted:

When SC is released, it's said that we'll have the capability of trading ships for UEC, etc. I fully expect people to make out-of-game sale arrangements that involve the transfer of real cash instead of in-game UEC.

Yeah and it's gonna involve Korean dudes selling ships for less than half of the "real world" value of the UEC cause that's what gold farmers loving do LMAO.

Like seriously there's no loving reason to take you seriously if you genuinely believe that A) CIG are going to lock "$100" ships behind a $400 investment (either in time or UEC purchases) and risk driving every player they have away, and/or that B) Gold farmers aren't going to undercut the market so bad that your $4k investment is functionally worthless.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Beet Wagon posted:

Yeah and it's gonna involve Korean dudes selling ships for less than half of the "real world" value of the UEC cause that's what gold farmers loving do LMAO.

Like seriously there's no loving reason to take you seriously if you genuinely believe that A) CIG are going to lock "$100" ships behind a $400 investment (either in time or UEC purchases) and risk driving every player they have away, and/or that B) Gold farmers aren't going to undercut the market so bad that your $4k investment is functionally worthless.

:ohdear: you're going to hurt his feelings Beet :(

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

As long as there is a UEC = $ dollar value. CIG would be dumb to let anyone buy ships for UEC. They'll prolly do the opposite of what Elite does, sell ships in store and let players get cosmetic items playing the game. This will make everyone happy.

Lets get into some math,

For discourse, lets say you get to earn 1 dollar per hour at best, this is the capability of players earning in game currency.

In CIG's case, lets do $0.5 per hour, regardless of any ship, this is entirely dependent on their game design and credit / hr ratio depending on ships.

To ensure $0.5 an hour CIG's subsumption AI gives you a ton of pirates to make sure your life is miserable and you always go to to cash shop to buy more ships. (Gameplay)

For those who paid $45 - $60. (Assuming the game gets released) You start with an Aurora.

Next closest ship upgrade is either a Freelancer ($125 or a Origin Ship $80)

That's 250 hours of grind for the Freelancer.

Or

160 hours of grind for the 300 series.

Unless players get upgrades within 3 hours of gameplay ($41/41,000UEC /hour), I doubt Star Citizen will be an enjoyable game when it releases. Again, this doesn't make any sense in terms of game design, especially when you're coming from the exp/cr/hr ratio.

Elite and every other game in existence gives you upgrades within the first hour of play. Until today Star Citizen hasn't shown us what those upgrade paths even look like.

Also, I don't understand anything about game development.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Try speaking with your head at this angle.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Regrettable posted:

That's how I always assumed it was pronounced until you mentioned it, but a k sound probably makes more sense than an s. :shrug:
He has confirmed it as an S.

I don't know how much of that is just not wanting the name associated with Cymelos, a centaur notable for getting stabbed in the dick.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
Hey MoMA, what are your thoughts about crobber, ortwin and such being clearly linked to some sort of tax cheating/ponzi/The Producers-esque scheme in the past? How about the Gizmondo folks who ran that scam being in executive positions?

This is not about me making GBS threads on you for still being excited about your video game. Does it possibly raise even the slightest concern that there are numerous top people in management who have paper trails connecting them to other investment scams and frauds in the past? Even if they're being entirely kosher about the financials with star citizen, wouldn't you think that it would be a cause of uncertainty and doubt among others when it comes to giving these people at CIG money? Don't you think that as a way of deflating any uncertainty and doubt, CIG would be acting in its best interest to release financial information so that the backers, such as yourself, could have some sort of confidence that your money is being put to what it's intended?

Again, I'm not making GBS threads on you or the game. I'm merely curious as to how you rationalize keeping your money in with all these red flags waving and more waving all the time.

Thanks.

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

Parp

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

AlmightyPants posted:

Again, I'm not making GBS threads on you or the game. I'm merely curious as to how you rationalize keeping your money in with all these red flags waving and more waving all the time.
"It's disposable income"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

At least the fire extinguisher looks happy.

http://i.imgur.com/fDDDOO9.mp4

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
the entire history of online gaming and basic economics might be against MoMA here but stop telling him his $8,000 investment in autism chariots will be worth $16,000 or $32,000.

Not only will Star Citizen actually come out, but your $3,000 ship with all of these brilliant attributes

and uses such as

will work with the economy, which was brilliantly laid out like

with plenty of ways to combat gold farmers, inflation, and preselling one hundred and fourty five billion UEC such as

So as anyone with eyes could see, it is you who are the idiots. You should be not only expecting the best case scenario, but dreaming about what a magical unicorn thinks is the best case scenario is and multiplying that by numbers we haven't discovered yet.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

The table might be hard to shift after everything closes down.

http://i.imgur.com/sTuX9f1.mp4

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

The liquidators will never know.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

SelenicMartian posted:

Oh cool. Did one of the employees make the pool table with company logo like spacedoor.

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

ManofManyAliases posted:

...I fully expect ships costing much more in game after release than now.

Wait, you can buy ships with earned alpha UEC now?

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

no_recall posted:

For those who paid $45 - $60. (Assuming the game gets released) You start with an Aurora.

Next closest ship upgrade is either a Freelancer ($125 or a Origin Ship $80)

That's 250 hours of grind for the Freelancer.

Or

160 hours of grind for the 300 series.

Vanilla WoW was about 170-360 hours to get from 1 to 60 if anyone needs a point of reference. Forget retaining JPEG value, most players would loose interest before their first ship upgrade.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

Even funnier than them buying all this overpriced poo poo is how they (CR, presumably) completely ruin every surface they touch. Look how nicked up that table is from people not knowing how to shoot pool, just like the barista counter is all poo poo up with coffee grinds from people not knowing how to clean up after themselves after making coffee. That second part reminds me of Mr. Burns- "I stomped the beans myself"

MinorInconvenience
Feb 24, 2017

Criminal lawyer or criminal, lawyer. Yeah. No difference.
I probably shouldn't post this, but I feel I must, if only because actual backers like MoMA read this poo poo. (Internet smartguy bullshit incoming, sorry--feel free to disregard if you think I'm just an idiot 16-year-old in his mother's basement.):

I have a professional interest in hosed-up and dying companies. I am a corporate bankruptcy attorney with a masters in business, with over ten years experience in the industry, and with post-graduate experience in the tech industry. I have seen many companies before, during, and after their descent into insolvency and am admitted in all of the major jurisdictions handling corporate bankruptcies in the US. And based upon my (far too many) years of experience, I'll bet you $10,000 (USD) cash that unless Croberts & Co. have a secret lender who is overjoyed at throwing good money after bad, Star Citizen as contemplated by most of its backers is doomed. They wasted too much money early in the development cycle to continue their burn rate beyond another year or so.

But CIG/RSI is not dead or insolvent yet (it appears). Based upon the public reports of granted refunds, and the lack of public reports of layoffs, it is not too late to get your money back! But it will probably be too late very soon. You will know this once the refunds are granted slower or refused and employees start to be laid off ("stealth" layoffs for "performance" reasons are still popular among most shitbag HR types). Unlike the principled folks at other bankrupt Kickstarter-funded companies that I will not name here, Star Citizen backers' money is at risk and apparently not protected by an escrow account. You backers need to get out right now! Please. I hate to see the little guys get hosed by the corporations, the fat-cat directors and officers, and their secured lenders (i.e., banks). Get out while you still can. I beg you.

If only one backer gets his or her money back because of these stupid ramblings, this post will not have been in vain.

PS: This post does not constitute legal advice and I'm not your loving attorney.

Regards

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh cool. Did one of the employees make the pool table with company logo like spacedoor.

My guess is the custom felt didn't add much cost to the overall purchase of that table... because the table itself looks expensive as gently caress, that's some designer poo poo there.

...found it, 5000GBP and it's called The White Knight lmao http://www.luxurypoolandleisure.com/store/products/the-white-knight-dining-top-pool-table/

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

loving lmao

Maldavos
May 26, 2015
Grimey Drawer

MinorInconvenience posted:

I probably shouldn't post this, but I feel I must, if only because actual backers like MoMA read this poo poo. (Internet smartguy bullshit incoming, sorry--feel free to disregard if you think I'm just an idiot 16-year-old in his mother's basement.):

I have a professional interest in hosed-up and dying companies. I am a corporate bankruptcy attorney with a masters in business, with over ten years experience in the industry, and with post-graduate experience in the tech industry. I have seen many companies before, during, and after their descent into insolvency and am admitted in all of the major jurisdictions handling corporate bankruptcies in the US. And based upon my (far too many) years of experience, I'll bet you $10,000 (USD) cash that unless Croberts & Co. have a secret lender who is overjoyed at throwing good money after bad, Star Citizen as contemplated by most of its backers is doomed. They wasted too much money early in the development cycle to continue their burn rate beyond another year or so.

But CIG/RSI is not dead or insolvent yet (it appears). Based upon the public reports of granted refunds, and the lack of public reports of layoffs, it is not too late to get your money back! But it will probably be too late very soon. You will know this once the refunds are granted slower or refused and employees start to be laid off ("stealth" layoffs for "performance" reasons are still popular among most shitbag HR types). Unlike the principled folks at other bankrupt Kickstarter-funded companies that I will not name here, Star Citizen backers' money is at risk and apparently not protected by an escrow account. You backers need to get out right now! Please. I hate to see the little guys get hosed by the corporations, the fat-cat directors and officers, and their secured lenders (i.e., banks). Get out while you still can. I beg you.

If only one backer gets his or her money back because of these stupid ramblings, this post will not have been in vain.

PS: This post does not constitute legal advice and I'm not your loving attorney.

Regards

:wow:

That was FUDtastic. Seriously hope you save someone from being taken by crobbers and co.

Also; what school do I go to to be a loving attorney?

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

ManofManyAliases posted:

I told you my thoughts, oh, maybe 4 times so far? I expect a 3.0 drop by end of summer 2017. I also expected at least one level of sq42 to drop (including evocati drop) sometime this year. I don't expect them to release much more of that because it's a story line they want to share with everyone all at once.

But everytime you answer differently and reduce the scope of your expectations? Now you're down to a single (ONE!) level of SQ42 this year, when before it was about the prelude, and before that it was SQ42.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SelenicMartian posted:

vaguely looking forward to CIG and star citizen-branded luxury merch showing up for the decade or so after cig collapse, the lawsuits, the suicides, the derek smart redemption articles, etc

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

alf_pogs posted:

vaguely looking forward to CIG and star citizen-branded luxury merch showing up for the decade or so after cig collapse, the lawsuits, the suicides, the derek smart redemption articles, etc

Dude, Derek and Legal the dog will personally fly to England to bid on that table when it goes for auction after the crash.

Space Crabs
Mar 10, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Even funnier than them buying all this overpriced poo poo is how they (CR, presumably) completely ruin every surface they touch. Look how nicked up that table is from people not knowing how to shoot pool, just like the barista counter is all poo poo up with coffee grinds from people not knowing how to clean up after themselves after making coffee. That second part reminds me of Mr. Burns- "I stomped the beans myself"

An important thing to remember when dealing with pathetic and delusional backers that constantly distort reality to support their sad dreams is that we are approaching a decade of development for Star Citizen and are already in year 6.

Of course their stuff is going to be beat to poo poo, especially if they have nonstop crunch time to fabricate more and more elaborate lies and are spending 80+ hours a week dealing with the office coffee machines and pool tables.

The wear seems odd and out of place when you take a big dose of insanity and start the rationalizations that development started in late 2014, after the game's release date or 2015 and that the company is still a new, indie developer instead of a hundred million dollar international corporation that sells nothing to fools.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

trucutru posted:

Dude, Derek and Legal the dog will personally fly to England to bid on that table when it goes for auction after the crash.

bring the squirrel too guys!

taxattionnn

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Maldavos posted:

:wow:

That was FUDtastic. Seriously hope you save someone from being taken by crobbers and co.

I share this sentiment :)

MinorInconvenience, you legend you, basically just said word for word what the accountant who does my companies accounts said to me a few months ago after he got up to speed with SC. :) He's in the middle of training/education (about a million high tier degrees) to do the same sort of work as you. :)

Maldavos posted:

Also; what school do I go to to be a loving attorney?

A loving good one. :)

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

HAHAHAHH all the money that Moma has spent, to help CIG make the BDSSE, has been spent on a "Star Citizen" pool table for the developers to treat like poo poo and mark up the felt with their lovely pool skills (to match their senior managements skills).

That's what your money is being used for Moma, to buy toys for the break room, pay for first class flights for Chris, buy camera and studio equipment so Sandi can play actress, to pay for rent and renovation of a building in LA and then full it with fancy trinkets and designer furniture so Chris and Sandi can put forth an impression of success - while having not delivered the product to even a MVP standard, let alone the BDSSE standard.

CIG is a joke and the punchline are the backers.

So funny.

(That's ok, I know I'm wrong are you are to smart to be conned)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
this is internet time ghost reporting in

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheAgent posted:

this is internet time ghost reporting in

You mean "wandering in" surely?

:D

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

All that backer money, and only those cunts are playing a game from it.

Backers paid for them to gently caress up a designer pool table, sit in designer couches, and work for a designer dickhead and his actress dickhead wife.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Wonder how much for those black and white sofas in the breakroom Fortune's Cross*

*wow I can't wait to find out about that in the 'verse (was that a spoiler?)

Thinking that Crobbers could have done better with that pool table and had Sand Worms that pop up from the pockets.

EDIT: Romani Leather Sofa Set 3+2 Black & White was $899 pounds now $699 - not to bad really. (just a few concept jpegs of something to some idiots would cover it.)

Kosumo fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Mar 20, 2017

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEgXg9vTik

Star Citizen is looking awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

It's... it's beautiful...