Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

drrockso20 posted:

Bulk and Skull's son Spike

Big, if true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
This skater is probably the most deadly, most competent villain in all of Power Rangers history.

Way Strong Pimphand
Feb 19, 2010
Welp, the first review for the reboot is out. Can't say I'm surprised.

:smith:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Way Strong Pimphand posted:

Christ on a cracker, that sounds awful. I'll probably still end up watching it if/when it shows up on Netflix, though.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Yeah, that's about what I was expecting, honestly. I asked my friend (half-joking) if he'd want to go with me and mock it and he said that he'd love to, but he's going with his girlfriend who's actually super excited about it.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm just

I just don't even want to know about this anymore.

Just loving Christ they could have done this so much better.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Burkion posted:

I'm just

I just don't even want to know about this anymore.

Just loving Christ they could have done this so much better.

Power Rangers since RPM.txt

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
THEY ARE DROWNING A MERMAID.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
That review lacks the willingness to cut through crap that a fan might employ.

Just sounds like it won't exactly find an audience with the general public the way that Transformers did.

But as a PR movie it's gotta be better than Turbo by virtue of no Justin.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

It's weird. Back in the day, everyone hated Carter for the reasons everyone seems to love him now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's weird. Back in the day, everyone hated Carter for the reasons everyone seems to love him now.
Not Tommy/Andros is a pretty good reason to hate someone, I think.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TFRazorsaw posted:

Smaller reference pool, and most of us have gotten older and smarter to recognize the biggest badass of all Rangers.

Mr. Sloth
Jun 5, 2004

GIMME DEM PIZZA PIES
"Jason Scott (the mannequin-like Dacre Montgomery, who aspires to Charlie Hunnam’s level of lifelessness)"

:stare:

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I specifically remember PR fans judging Carter in relation to Zordon's rules, which really shouldn't apply to him at all.

The same thing happened with Conner in Dino Thunder.

quote:

Not Tommy/Andros is a pretty good reason to hate someone, I think.

Andros is cool, but I am hyper ultra sick of Tommy.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
Wow, Leo's actor either wasn't available or really didn't want to be in this crossover episode, barely in it and doesn't even do the dubbing in-suit.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

quote:

and at one point the Power Rangers are almost undone by a sexting scandal.

:cripes:

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

quote:

but does get to articulate his character’s non-neurotypical nature in a monologue about how difficult it would be to “cram a ton of crayons in a butt.”

OK now I have to see this.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
I'm impressed at how bad Vypra's actress is at doing a villainous laugh. Was she so incompetent that the director gave up, or did the director just phone it in? Did she never interact with the voice actors of any of the villains? Is she just naturally incapable of laughing??? :psyduck:

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Can Of Worms posted:

I'm impressed at how bad Vypra's actress is at doing a villainous laugh. Was she so incompetent that the director gave up, or did the director just phone it in? Did she never interact with the voice actors of any of the villains? Is she just naturally incapable of laughing??? :psyduck:

In any other situation me saying what I'm about to say would be sexist and stupid. Except this one

Vypra's actress was not hired to act, she was hired to look good.

Specifically she looks almost exactly like her Japanese counter part, especially due to the film footage quality.

She was hired basically to be a body double so they could use the Japanese footage that had her character in it. Nothing more nothing less.

It's kind of sad but it's the truth. She might be the single worst actor in the history of the show and I am including child actors.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

As Nero Danced posted:

OK now I have to see this.
This sounds like a humorous reaction to someone in the after school detention group telling him to cram it up his rear end (assuming he's sperging out over crayons ordered by color or something).

In other words a Bad Sheldon Joke from Big Bang Theory.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
That review is missing an important fact: Michael Bay secretly got the idea to make everything explode from the power rangers. Everything explodes when hit in the power rangers. Cardboard tubes, fabric, rocks, metal, you name it. If a moving foot comes within 3 feet of something it's going to explode into a shower of sparks at a minimum.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Michael Bay also poisoned our water supply, burned our crops, and brought a plague upon all our houses.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I knew Bansheera was never gonna win any parenting awards but jesus christ her just laughing when Diabolico admitted she exiled her son to what is functionally hell.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

Burkion posted:

It's kind of sad but it's the truth. She might be the single worst actor in the history of the show and I am including child actors.

Did the US Scorpina just have such a terrible time filming one episode that she never wanted to come back?

I was just thinking a few minutes ago why Justin is so terrible and it occurred to me, they didn't hire him for his acting but because he won a juniors karate tournament. I think his career before Turbo was being in commercials as an infant and A Very Brady Movie.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

Did the US Scorpina just have such a terrible time filming one episode that she never wanted to come back?

It's more they ran out of footage for her and just continually cheaped out and let her be forgotten.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

FilthyImp posted:

This sounds like a humorous reaction to someone in the after school detention group telling him to cram it up his rear end (assuming he's sperging out over crayons ordered by color or something).

In other words a Bad Sheldon Joke from Big Bang Theory.

You just had to go and ruin it :(.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH

TFRazorsaw posted:

It's more they ran out of footage for her and just continually cheaped out and let her be forgotten.

I was thinking about the lady that showed up to woo Adam in season 2. She did a good enough job that I wouldn't have minded seeing her a few more times instead of Goldar since they had to make alternatives to Dairanger fights all the time.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Craptacular! posted:

I was thinking about the lady that showed up to woo Adam in season 2. She did a good enough job that I wouldn't have minded seeing her a few more times instead of Goldar since they had to make alternatives to Dairanger fights all the time.

That's what I mean.

She had no more usable fight footage and they didn't want to make more.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Craptacular! posted:

I was just thinking a few minutes ago why Justin is so terrible and it occurred to me, they didn't hire him for his acting but because he won a juniors karate tournament. I think his career before Turbo was being in commercials as an infant and A Very Brady Movie.

Actually it wasn't anything Saban did this time around, despite what TF thought.

She simply couldn't keep filming for personal reasons and they couldn't find an actress to replace her in time for when they wanted Scorpina back, so they just dropped her.

EDIT: To elaborate, they wanted to keep using her because she shows up way late in season 2 with an American actress and a recreation of Scorpina's suit and weapon. They had plans and wanted her to keep coming back because she was a favorite and a heavy female villain, and they were already filming almost nothing but pure American fights anyways.

Just, yeah, the actress had to bow out after one episode and they couldn't find some one to replace her.

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

I'm unsurprised, though it still befuddles me how people get handed these massive IPs (TMNT, Power Rangers) and manage to gently caress them up so badly. I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so I'll probably go see it in my downtime though. I've spent $5 and 2 hours of my time on much dumber things.

edit: How many more episodes of Lightspeed are there? Not a fan of this season.

-Inu- fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Mar 20, 2017

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Burkion posted:

In any other situation me saying what I'm about to say would be sexist and stupid. Except this one

Vypra's actress was not hired to act, she was hired to look good.

Specifically she looks almost exactly like her Japanese counter part, especially due to the film footage quality.

She was hired basically to be a body double so they could use the Japanese footage that had her character in it. Nothing more nothing less.

Kinda surprised they didn't do a Rita style overdub in that case

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this

-Inu- posted:

I'm unsurprised, though it still befuddles me how people get handed these massive IPs (TMNT, Power Rangers) and manage to gently caress them up so badly. I'm going on vacation for a few weeks so I'll probably go see it in my downtime though. I've spent $5 and 2 hours of my time on much dumber things.

The people that put money up get nervous that they'll lose money, decide to play it safe instead of taking a risk, and end up losing money/making a modest profit instead of a deccent one by making the movies derivative and boring. I'd hoped that Deadpool could convince studios to take a chance on their IPs, and we might see that at one point, but not for a while.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

-Inu- posted:

I'm unsurprised, though it still befuddles me how people get handed these massive IPs (TMNT, Power Rangers) and manage to gently caress them up so badly.
I actually didn't mind TMNT2 that much. The 🐢 Bros are ugly as gently caress, Megan Fox needs to never act again, and the ending was kind of rushed, but it wasn't as embarrassing as the first one.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

drrockso20 posted:

Kinda surprised they didn't do a Rita style overdub in that case

I think the only reason they kept doing the Rita over dub for her American Actress was just tradition and out of respect to Barbra.

It'd be kind of lovely to hire an actress who you KNOW you're only hiring for their looks, and then say "Sorry, you're not going to actually voice the character ever." without some kind of reasoning behind it.

Rita being badly dubbed is a tradition that I wish the new movie would have embraced fully.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Late stage Lightspeed thoughts...

1. I'm surprised a guy with an obviously evil name like Diabolico has standards about not attacking allies. That's a real Last Boss quality name.

2. I recognize the neon sphere doodad from the Pyramidas cockpit behind the Queen.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

quote:

the pre-credits scene in which a high school prank goes awry after a juvenile delinquent admits to mistaking a bull for a cow and yanking its dick until some “milk” came out.

well that sure is a thing

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Craptacular! posted:

Late stage Lightspeed thoughts...

1. I'm surprised a guy with an obviously evil name like Diabolico has standards about not attacking allies. That's a real Last Boss quality name.
Diabolico has such a great character arc. The entire backstabbing and intrigue stemming from a batshit Bansheera is also a great highlight of the season, it reminds me of the ToQger villains.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Lightspeed has some of my favorite villains. Aside from Vypra, I mean.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

The sequel will involve the power rangers fighting gamergate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
TIME FORCE INCOMING