Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which religion is the best?
This poll is closed.
Shintoism 59 9.58%
Buddhism 77 12.50%
Taoism 66 10.71%
FEAR CLOWNPIECE 414 67.21%
Total: 616 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Clownpiece is one of the main characters in one of the currently on-going manga so at least she's relevant and topical and all that jazz.

Is there a better picture of the back of Alternative Facts so I can get a better look at her new outfit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked
OK I guess I just hate Clownpiece because her danmaku is ugly and difficult. It was just ridiculous. Most stage 5 bosses are. Battling her was a lot like Rin's boss ought.

As for Mima... I guess I hate memes.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Mima will come back but only to inadvertently cause Reimu and Marisa to break up and become enemies because now Marisa has parents again and Reimu jealously hates her.

Brainiac Five
Mar 28, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

SirSlarty posted:

OK I guess I just hate Clownpiece because her danmaku is ugly and difficult. It was just ridiculous. Most stage 5 bosses are. Battling her was a lot like Rin's boss ought.

Mima's following comes from her being one of the few PC-98 characters with a personality, and most of the rest have already migrated over, or are two-joke characters like Shinki.

Justus
Apr 18, 2006

SirSlarty posted:

I love to sing-a
About the moon-a and the June-a and the meme-a

Nook
Jan 27, 2015

clownpiece's danmaku is some of the worst in the series which is quite the feat since she has to compete with sa, ufo, and the rest of lolk

Darox
Nov 10, 2012

Actually the only dumb one is hellfire grazing. The rest of them are good.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Nook posted:

clownpiece's danmaku is some of the worst in the series which is quite the feat since she has to compete with sa, ufo, and the rest of lolk

At least she ain't Junko.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
My favorites are SA and DDC so I guess I'm cursed to never see characters from games I like ever again.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

My favorites are SA and DDC so I guess I'm cursed to never see characters from games I like ever again.

Seija got a spinoff game, and Sukuna and Koishi have been in the recent fighting games. Probably in the new one as well.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Seija got a spinoff game, and Sukuna and Koishi have been in the recent fighting games. Probably in the new one as well.

I was just hoping for Seija to be more relevant in the larger lore but the story arc just kinda went by her and it's all moon stories now.

NO LISTEN TO ME fucked around with this message at 07:42 on Mar 18, 2017

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

I was just hoping for Seija to be more relevant in the larger lore but the story arc just kinda went by her and it's all moon stories now.

Yeah, that happens. But who knows how big moon plot's going to be anyway. Unless like Sagume ends up being a central figure in the new fighting game, LoLK might basically be the end of moon lore. Clownpiece is still around and everything but her manga has little to do with the lore or the moon.

I think it's just kinda rare for a character to end up being a big part of multiple titles in Touhou. Like in general. Mamizou's probably the most recent character to end up playing a big role overall, but that ain't too common.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Plus having a huge role in the story doesn't necessarily mean you'll appear a bunch, either.

Kanako was basically the single most important character in the series for a while, given that she was directly responsible for the plots of 10, 11, a sub-plot in WaHH, is indirectly responsible for 12, some of 12.3, 13, 13.5, and partially responsible for SoPM, but even through all that she didn't actually appear all that often as a character.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh also Yuugi.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Unfortunately, unlike her cool bud Suika who decided to leave Hell to party all over Gensokyo and in Heaven Yuugi is content with just partying in Hell. And there just isn't much touhou which takes place in Hell.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」
Oh yeah today's ZUN's birthday, also.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
Happy birthday ZUN.

Manyorcas
Jun 16, 2007

The person who arrives last is fined, regardless of whether that person's late or not.
St. Patrick's Day is probably not a thing in Japan, but Zun should learn about it so he gets extra special double length drinking birthdays.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Unfortunately, unlike her cool bud Suika who decided to leave Hell to party all over Gensokyo and in Heaven Yuugi is content with just partying in Hell. And there just isn't much touhou which takes place in Hell.

hopefully they poke at hell a bit in WaHH, you'd think with Kasen and all it'd be an obvious bunch for her to hang out with at some point

i'm still surprised Seija, or for that matter, Seiga, didn't appear in the past few fighting games or anything

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

hopefully they poke at hell a bit in WaHH, you'd think with Kasen and all it'd be an obvious bunch for her to hang out with at some point

i'm still surprised Seija, or for that matter, Seiga, didn't appear in the past few fighting games or anything

Hell did come up in a chapter of WaHH I think. But Kasen didn't seem to like the place too much.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Kasen seems to hate Hell with all her heart, far more than anyone else cares about it one way or another. At a guess, I would say she probably resents the fact that her fellow oni moved into what she sees as a horrible place. She doesn't seem to have much experience with it though, so I doubt she's ever lived there herself.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

You think with how Kasen hates hell and how she's "on the side of heaven" or whatever, that she'd be jealous that Suika's got real estate up there? She didn't even need to pretend to be a hermit or anything to get it, she just beat up a child.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
Just thought about Alternative Facts and got a big stupid grin on my face.

It's nearly 6 AM and I'm very giddy so I just wanted to say, Touhou, is Extremely Good,

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Mighty Dicktron posted:

Just thought about Alternative Facts and got a big stupid grin on my face.

It's nearly 6 AM and I'm very giddy so I just wanted to say, Touhou, is Extremely Good,

oh you've gotta be making GBS threads me, i only just parsed the name, combined with Non-America Clownpiece

zun what are you doing

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Don't steal them.
He really, really hates Trump. He was pretty active on Twitter being really worried about the progress of the US Election back when it was happening.

Basically while I don't think he's going to make any actual biting social commentary, you can rest assured that it's 100% a goof on our lovely president.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
the question is which touhou will take the fall as being the brunt of said goof and forever being associated with such a person

it's probably gonna be junko isn't it. gently caress

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Honestly, the Touhou who's most like Trump is Marisa.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
you take that back

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
The Touhou most like Trump is Orange

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Yukari has already built a barrier and is making the humans pay for it. She's already out-Trump'd Trump.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Gyra_Solune posted:

the question is which touhou will take the fall as being the brunt of said goof and forever being associated with such a person

it's probably gonna be junko isn't it. gently caress

I doubt he'd do anything specific like that. But Miko is clearly the most Trump-like character.

He's more like to target the people who voted for Trump, rather than Trump himself. Or rather, the society that allows people like that to get in power.

SirSlarty
Dec 23, 2003

that's wicked

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Chen?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Ammat The Ankh posted:

Meiling?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Clarste posted:

I doubt he'd do anything specific like that. But Miko is clearly the most Trump-like character.

He's more like to target the people who voted for Trump, rather than Trump himself. Or rather, the society that allows people like that to get in power.

Miko wants to help people, though.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Gyra_Solune posted:

It's finally time for those giant bloaty meme heads to become canon.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

Not to get into too deep a discussion about Trump's psychology, it's mostly that they say the same kinds of things. "I am the best and I will make this country great again if only you'd let me."

Clarste fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Mar 20, 2017

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

People get murdered by shrine maidens in the street for being considerate, and witches get stitches. There's a lot that could be improved.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

I don't think she does really. She started a war for personal power and all.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

You can't subsume a power base without power - and Kanako did the same thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

I don't think she does really. She started a war for personal power and all.

She didn't start the war, she just introduced Buddhism because she thought it would be a good way to pacify the populace and reduce unrest. It's not like she egged on the Mononobe family to start burning down temples. Frankly, that part didn't help her plans at all. The worst you can accuse her of there, imo, is spreading Buddhism without believing in it. She really considered it nothing more than an opiate for the masses.