Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

afterbirth+ is good now. owned

Oh really? That's good to hear, I'll have to check it out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I like Binding of Isaac but I wish the Binding of Isaac guy would go back to making things that are not Binding of Isaac (super meat boy 2 please)

Chekans 3 16
Jan 2, 2012

No Resetti.
No Continues.

Grimey Drawer
How's Human Resource Machine? I haven't played any of their releases after World of Goo and was thinking about grabbing it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Binding of Isaac: Postnatal Depression++ coming soon

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

Chekans 3 16 posted:

How's Human Resource Machine? I haven't played any of their releases after World of Goo and was thinking about grabbing it.

It's literally assembly program with a cute graphical interface. I like it, kind of a zachtronics baby game.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

Hey AusGoons, I have a Switch incoming. Is there any reason to just stay with a AUS eShop region account or should I just make a US one?

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
You can do both! That's the magic of the Switch, it's super easy to maintain multiple accounts.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Super No Vacancy posted:

afterbirth+ is good now. owned

what did they change about it

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
specifically are the bosses still all goddamn damage sponges

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

eonwe posted:

tempted to get binding of isaac

idk tho

It's a really good game but you should hold off on the likely chance that the port is hot steaming garbage because Nicalis ports tend to be hot steaming garbage

Also supposedly Antibirth might become an official add-on to Afterbirth+ and if the Switch version doesn't also get that it will be pretty lovely.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Everyone with more than KOF '94 in their eShop update, gently caress y'all.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Little Inferno has interesting controls, using the gyro in the joy-con to very accurately simulate pointer controls.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Augus posted:

Also supposedly Antibirth might become an official add-on to Afterbirth+ and if the Switch version doesn't also get that it will be pretty lovely.

Jesus Christ they're still adding stuff to the game?

Yeah, I'll wait until we get reports of the port quality. I don't want to be playing for dozens of hours and find out the game shits itself late game or something.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

eonwe posted:

specifically are the bosses still all goddamn damage sponges

They toned it down a lot but still yes.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Mr Phillby posted:

They toned it down a lot but still yes.

ok!

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

I like Binding of Isaac but I wish the Binding of Isaac guy would go back to making things that are not Binding of Isaac (super meat boy 2 please)

Good news. The Legend of Bumbo is being worked on. And a maybe? sequel to Time Fcuk. The thing where Steven is from (in BoI)

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
No Mewgenics, no buy.

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~
Bumbo looks like Issac crossed with 10000000/YMBAB and if it lives up to that It'll be a really really good phone game.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Canned Panda posted:

Little Inferno has interesting controls, using the gyro in the joy-con to very accurately simulate pointer controls.

Came here to say the same thing, about World of Goo. Might be a smoother experience, even

Spellman
May 31, 2011

And man does it look good on the small screen. I was just playing in my kitchen and it's like this game belongs there

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

After hearing initial feedback that it runs well I picked up BoI and it does in fact run smoothly. I played the original release back in the day but never any of the DLC, so it is worth it to me to grab and have it on here. Going to have so many roguelikes on this thing in Gungeon, Has Been Heroes, BoI -- we'll probably get Spelunky at some point and FTL is my favorite by a long long margin if it ever comes (even if it would likely be handheld only).

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
Oh yeah, I forgot to update as well. I got the Isaac physical copy, and the instruction manual and stickers are a pretty awesome addition. But yeah, the game runs buttery smooth. When you get a speed increase, it definitely runs noticeably at 60fps (in docked mode at least).

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

so i moved house recently and in the shuffle managed to lose the power cord for the wii u gamepad cradle. ive no idea where it is; but is it just a micro usb? the slot looks similar-ish but i dont wanna push my luck

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

It was a proprietary cable, unfortunately. You can get a replacement (including third-party ones that power off of USB) for pretty cheap, but you wouldn't be able to use some other cord you have lying around.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Supercar Gautier posted:

It was a proprietary cable, unfortunately. You can get a replacement (including third-party ones that power off of USB) for pretty cheap, but you wouldn't be able to use some other cord you have lying around.

cool time to hit up THE INTERNET i guess

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
I just checked out of curiosity, it's almost exactly but not quite the same adapter as the 3DS charger. I'd complain about it but I guess they finally got on board with the Switch using USB C so :confuoot: I guess

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Yeah annoyingly it's not even the same connection as a 3DS. I'm glad they've gone with something more standard for the Switch.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

alf_pogs posted:

cool time to hit up THE INTERNET i guess

Usually the official Nintendo Store has that poo poo. On that topic, a great accessory you can get from there is the double-sized gamepad battery which should give it 8ish hours or something, if you're playing the Wii U unhooked

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Spellman posted:

Usually the official Nintendo Store has that poo poo. On that topic, a great accessory you can get from there is the double-sized gamepad battery which should give it 8ish hours or something, if you're playing the Wii U unhooked

gonna give them a call tomorrow so sounds grand!!

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Partial update for EU for this week.

PAL update (week of March 23):

quote:

SWITCH eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Little Inferno - €9.99 / £8.99
    Human Resource Machine - €9.99 / £8.99
    World of Goo - €9.99 / £8.99

WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Sudoku Party - €5 / £4.50

WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    ???

WII U ADD-ON CONTENT
    ???

WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ???

3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Bye-Bye BoxBoy! - €4.99 / £4.49
    Subara City - €3.99 / £?
    Sudoku Party - €5.00 / £4.50

3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    ???

3DS ADD-ON CONTENT
    ???

3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    ???

Bye-Bye BoxBoy! is dropping on 3DS, while Switch is getting the Tomorrow Corporation "trilogy", which NA got last week.

By the way NA, there's a sale on XSEED and Atlus games on the eShop right now, including Rune Factory IV, Story of Seasons, Senran Kagura/SK2, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 & 2.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

irlZaphod posted:

By the way NA, there's a sale on XSEED and Atlus games on the eShop right now, including Rune Factory IV, Story of Seasons, Senran Kagura/SK2, Devil Survivor Overclocked, Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker and Etrian Odyssey Untold 1 & 2.

Return to Popolocrois is :10bux: right now, anyone have any thoughts on it?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Zeeman posted:

Return to Popolocrois is :10bux: right now, anyone have any thoughts on it?

It starts out fairly charming but the Popolocrois side is a pretty slow and shallow JRPG and the Harvest Moon stuff is about as basic as it gets and doesn't really add much. On the other hand $10 is pretty cheap.
If you do get it, check the options as soon as you can, you can set the encounter rate from there, I had it turned way too high for too long before I noticed.

E: Story of Seasons, not Harvest Moon :ninja:

Sakurazuka fucked around with this message at 15:16 on Mar 20, 2017

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Augus posted:

It's a really good game but you should hold off on the likely chance that the port is hot steaming garbage because Nicalis ports tend to be hot steaming garbage

Antibirth FAQ posted:

Will there be support for consoles?
That is extremely unlikely, again due to the way the mod works.

I would not get your hopes up.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I mean, there's reviews up for Isaac now. It's a good port that mostly runs at 60fps, and they made the decision to gate a lot of the expansion content behind unlocks, which is a pretty good decision for newcomers to the game, or people like me who only have exposure to the game from watching LPs and races.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Spellman posted:

I'll second this, but they aren't cheap. I was really annoyed with the poor battery life of the default Gamepad battery and I tried a number of cheap 3rd-party ones that boasted a longer life, but they were all no better if not outright worse. Finally I broke down and bought myself the official Nintendo battery for my birthday last summer and it made a huge difference. Keeping the brightness on the Wii U gamepad down also helps, by the way.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

deadly_pudding posted:

I mean, there's reviews up for Isaac now. It's a good port that mostly runs at 60fps, and they made the decision to gate a lot of the expansion content behind unlocks, which is a pretty good decision for newcomers to the game, or people like me who only have exposure to the game from watching LPs and races.

Have any of the reviewers gotten past mom's heart? If there were issues with the port, I wouldn't expect them until after that point.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SeANMcBAY posted:

Have any of the reviewers gotten past mom's heart? If there were issues with the port, I wouldn't expect them until after that point.

I been past Mom's Heart a few times and yeah the port is pretty great outside of stuff like tammy head + brimstone causing slowdown while it on screen, but that can be patched out. The more unfun DLC enemies don't show up until you kill the Lamb, and even then they don't seem nearly as awful compare to the initial release of Afterbirth Plus.

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Any word on what's coming out on Switch in NA this week? Personally I'm hoping for Neo Turf Masters.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Fancy Hat! posted:

Any word on what's coming out on Switch in NA this week? Personally I'm hoping for Neo Turf Masters.
No news yet, the NA PR was never released until Thursdays anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Popolcrois was really dull and plain. I'd pass personally.