Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
This entire thread is actually just a bunch of people quoting B&C at one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Safety Factor posted:

This entire thread is actually just a bunch of people quoting B&C at one another.

Awuuuuuuuuuu

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

That's better than my plan, which is currently "Have paint on my army"

Just play Iron Warriors. If you prime them Grey even your resin will be finished (other than a few hazard stripes, natch)

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Awwwwwwwuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

panascope posted:

I was also quoting B&C.

This is starting to get ridiculous how many people were obviously deeply wounded by my posting.

I never inteded to look down on people due to their lack of passion or finance to build an legion to a size which i prefer and believe to be the most effective.
I merely stated the reasons why most people wont or can't go that way. Those reasons being more often than not, that the person in question either doesn't care about the strength of his army so long as he enjoys the way it plays. The second, and more likely reason is that the person in question doesn't want to or simply can't waste money on plastic miniatures with the required zeal.

These two reasons are very real and common reasons, which all of us should admit that exist. That doesn't make the hobbyist a second class citizen however in my eyes, however your obviously hurt emotions prevent you from understanding this.

And i recognize my disrespectful choice of words, but even terms such as "homeless" were meant in a sense of humor(which was obviously in bad taste towards the majority of the people on the board). So i apologize once more from any and all fellow forum members i might have offended with my post that was mainly targeted towards the opinion(not the people who carry it), which i believe to be largely misguided.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
:goonsay:

So I picked up a razorback. Going to get the resin iron hands doors and faceplate. It won't be glorious round doors, but it'll look nice. Keeping the top magnetized to switch between rhino for 30k and razorback for 40k

Thinking I'll get a razorback or two with FW doors, and then 2 or 3 FW deimos rhinos without fancy doors because that'd be like $75 for a rhino if I got doors for them.

chutche2 fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Mar 17, 2017

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
do the Deimos even take fancy doors?

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
They don't! Don't get custom doors for them.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
I think you can use the front plates for they maybe. I can't remember, haven't built a Deimos in a long time.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
I'll just get one of those iron hands vehicle icon kits and stick those on.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Can't go wrong with Iron Hands

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Well. It's a bitchmade legion for bitchmade players.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
Could be worse. They could be Thousand Sons

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I mean, you could play Space Wolves, the literal worst legion.

Awuuuuuuu

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Broken Record Talk posted:

I mean, you could play Space Wolves, the literal worst legion.

Awuuuuuuu

Source your quotes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

BULBASAUR posted:

I was quoting B&C, sorry bro

panascope posted:

I was also quoting B&C.
Is this the local version of "I was only pretending to be retarded!"?

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

I was quoting B&C, sorry bro

Don't quote your own posts

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

BULBASAUR unironically serious posts on B&C. Hth

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

chutche2 posted:

:goonsay:

So I picked up a razorback. Going to get the resin iron hands doors and faceplate. It won't be glorious round doors, but it'll look nice. Keeping the top magnetized to switch between rhino for 30k and razorback for 40k

Thinking I'll get a razorback or two with FW doors, and then 2 or 3 FW deimos rhinos without fancy doors because that'd be like $75 for a rhino if I got doors for them.

Why bother with magnets? The top side hatch which you would swap out to change between rhino and razorback fits snugly enough you don't need to. You might wanna look at the FW razorback turrets as well, I think they look way cooler than the ones that come in the kit.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
FW turrets are nice, but I can't use razorbacks in 30k so I'm not dropping like $25 per turret. Getting all 4 gun options would be over $90 for a lovely 40k tank. I'd rather use the turret housing that comes with it and some magnets so I can build the gun options that don't come with the kit.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Hixson posted:

hosed up if true.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Dont kinkshame.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I bought some Word Bearers stuff a long time ago I never ended up using and since both my legion choices feel good and my other hobby projects are all planned out, I don't expect to use this stuff. I've listed it on Ebay if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/-/112339545503

Could delist if someone here sends an offer for it or wants to make some kind of trade.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Hixson posted:

SAD.

ThNextGreenLantern
Feb 13, 2012
Ever spend way too long on a conversion just to have it look awful and you regret wasting your time and plastic/resin/metal on it?

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce

ThNextGreenLantern posted:

Ever spend way too long on a conversion just to have it look awful and you regret wasting your time and plastic/resin/metal on it?

I'm in the middle of a Medusa conversion from a Basilisk chassis, so... yes.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

I got some serious work done this weekend. Besides finishing my 6 fully converted vorax I'm getting close to finishing these badasses:

These are ending up as some of my favorite conversions. They just feel so heavy and dynamic. The smaller arms will be magnetized so I can swap the photon thrusters for melee weapons. The undersides of the power fists are also magnetized so I can give run them with dual plasma or dual grav.

Those look extremely intimidating. Good job.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Some veterans of Armatura. Over the course of the Shadow Crusade they would cease maintaining and cleaning their equipment. The white and blue would crust with the blood of their enemies, becoming a darkly hued red or oxygenated brown. Gifts from their dark god would repair battle damage and eventually forever seal them within their armor, flesh fused with ceramite.

Ten thousand years later, these pit fighting weapon masters would still be at war. Tactical marking replaced by the brass sigils of the one they sought to exalt. Bleeding icons held aloft and legion war cries replaced with unutterable curses and inhuman screams.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE
I absolutely love those World Eaters. I always thought till now having their original color scheme be blue and white was a little odd for such a brutal and bloody legion but it makes perfect sense how much it contrasts against all the blood and gore they'll be covered in.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

GreenMarine posted:

Some veterans of Armatura. Over the course of the Shadow Crusade they would cease maintaining and cleaning their equipment. The white and blue would crust with the blood of their enemies, becoming a darkly hued red or oxygenated brown. Gifts from their dark god would repair battle damage and eventually forever seal them within their armor, flesh fused with ceramite.

Ten thousand years later, these pit fighting weapon masters would still be at war. Tactical marking replaced by the brass sigils of the one they sought to exalt. Bleeding icons held aloft and legion war cries replaced with unutterable curses and inhuman screams.

Really liking these guys. Helps get me pumped about painting my own World Eaters!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Being able to do dynamic poses is the best thing about resin.

Gato The Elder
Apr 14, 2006

Pillbug
Holy poo poo, you made the 40k berserker kit look good! ... is that what those are? I love the weathering :3:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Those'd be the FW Berzerker upgrades. The sheer difference in quality between them and the plastics is night and day.

You've made them look sick nasty right there GM.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

OMG sriracha pudding! posted:

Holy poo poo, you made the 40k berserker kit look good! ... is that what those are? I love the weathering :3:
The first step to making the 40k berserker kit look good is to use Forgeworld models instead :v:

I love the sergeant's face, he's like "Come on man, you bled on my leg!"
These guys look drat good though.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.
I can't quite make out the legs of the 40k Era Berserkers. Is that just the plastic Berserker kit + the resin upgrade kit?

Edit: Also, all of those WEs look awesome!

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Look like plastic Assault Marine legs to me, with some CSM arms/backpacks/icons and guns.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

SRM posted:

The first step to making the 40k berserker kit look good is to use Forgeworld models instead :v:

I love the sergeant's face, he's like "Come on man, you bled on my leg!"
These guys look drat good though.

when badcast

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
badcast tomorrow?

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS
So my iron hands force has a veteran tactical squad. 5-6 dudes depending on points, everyone with combi plasmas, leader has artificer armor, marksman to let them outflank.

To free up the elite slot, since I'm not using any FA, would it be worth it to turn them into seekers? I'd have to give them a rhino to let them outflank still with Head of the Gorgon, and the sgt doesn't get a combi weapon. So I'd be paying an extra 70 points for 5 dudes and a rhino, but it frees an elite slot up for something else and gives them +1 BS, special ammo, precision shot, and marked for death. Not entirely sure what I'd use that elite slot for, maybe some gorgons or medusans if I get to 3000 points.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

chutche2 posted:

So my iron hands force has a veteran tactical squad. 5-6 dudes depending on points, everyone with combi plasmas, leader has artificer armor, marksman to let them outflank.

To free up the elite slot, since I'm not using any FA, would it be worth it to turn them into seekers? I'd have to give them a rhino to let them outflank still with Head of the Gorgon, and the sgt doesn't get a combi weapon. So I'd be paying an extra 70 points for 5 dudes and a rhino, but it frees an elite slot up for something else and gives them +1 BS, special ammo, precision shot, and marked for death. Not entirely sure what I'd use that elite slot for, maybe some gorgons or medusans if I get to 3000 points.

Marksmen vets also have precision shot, fwiw, and are considerably nastier in close combat than seekers.

Seekers are great if you have some way of giving them a gimmick (e.g. ironwing can make decent use of them by giving them +1 to wound on their template rounds), but they've generally suffered a lot by comparison since vets got so good.