Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Mustang posted:

God drat Yakima Training Center

:laffo: Apparently they just shipped a bunch of guys from our rear D out there to fill sandbags and do range clean up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Ooh is it all starting to make sense!??

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
A warrant friend of mine was recently told that "women dress the way they do because they want attention" and that women are fine with topless beaches so it's hypocritical to complain when men stare at thier tits.

Why yes this was a certified SHARP instructor.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

A warrant friend of mine was recently told that "women dress the way they do because they want attention" and that women are fine with topless beaches so it's hypocritical to complain when men stare at thier tits.

Why yes this was a certified SHARP instructor.

Let's be honest here. If I walked around with one nut out it'd be hypocritical of me to complain if people kept looking. :colbert:

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I've been to YTC before but never with the whole BDE and for a month straight. So dumb and lame.

I never said that the Army wasn't dumb or that Army stupidity didn't effect me, just that my immediate superiors are good people with a good command climate which makes life significantly easier than it could be.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

Mustang's BC and XO and S3 will all PCS when he gets back from NTC and be replaced by uncaring assholes. Just wait.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006
Have you had any problems with range control there?

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Nope YTC range control is usually really easy to get along with. It's JBLM range control that is full of assholes

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Mustang posted:

God drat Yakima Training Center

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

One of the kids in the company shattered his femur in 3 places. His sister bought him a wheelchair to help him get around. His platoon SGT took it away and locked it up in the platoon office because his profile does not say he needs a wheelchair.....

What a loving dick move. Kid has a loving broke leg. Who cares?!?

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Kaliber posted:

One of the kids in the company shattered his femur in 3 places. His sister bought him a wheelchair to help him get around. His platoon SGT took it away and locked it up in the platoon office because his profile does not say he needs a wheelchair.....

Kid just has a broke heart imo

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Kaliber posted:

Tell him his sister/mother should complain to the commander.

many moons ago when I was a CO I fielded phone calls (and even in person visits) from enraged mothers/family members all the time.

If the CO isn't some kind of crazy person he probably has no idea this crap is going on and it would make him angry if he did.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
What spacetoaster said. Most commanders would rather tell someone to knock off the bullshit than field obnoxious phone calls.

E: bonus points if the family member "doesn't know any better" and calls the post headquarters or post chaplain or something.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

mlmp08 posted:

E: bonus points if the family member "doesn't know any better" and calls the post headquarters or post chaplain or something.

"Hmmm, (looks at sign on door of building 1) garrison commander. This is probably the right person to talk to."

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

spacetoaster posted:

"Hmmm, (looks at sign on door of building 1) garrison commander. This is probably the right person to talk to."
Yessss :getin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmn9asN-8AE

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Kaliber posted:

Not his property. gently caress him.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
For major poo poo bricking have the sister report the theft of the wheel chair to the MP station.

Dream Weaver
Jan 23, 2007
Sweat Baby, sweat baby

not caring here posted:

For major poo poo bricking have the sister report the theft of the wheel chair to the MP station.

#armyasfuck #armyfamasfuck

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
So I have some retardery updates for you guys.

Back in September I sent a letter to goddamned everybody from the Secretary of Defense on down saying "Army suicide prevention is broken, Army casualty assistance is broken, DA civilians give no fucks, it's all poo poo, unfuck it."

I got a reply from one of my senators first. The letter expressed condolences and promised they'd contact the VA about my case. Uhhh, what? I contacted them and said "no, not the VA, the Army." No reply. A week later I called and said "yeah, no, Army, not VA" and got an email that said "Army, not VA, got it."

A few weeks later I got a call from the VA. "Yeah, we got a call from your senator's office but we don't know why."

So after a couple months of calling, I finally managed to talk to the case manager at my senator's office and learned a few things:

1) My case worker, for whatever reason, keeps forgetting to tell me she's still actively working on this
2) Every time my case worker contacts the Army about this, the Army says "contact the VA."

So second part of this story: In response to the copy of the letter I sent to the Secretary of the Army, I got a reply from some DA civilian who runs some resiliency program or other that was a nicely worded letter about "suicide prevention and casualty assistance are important to us" but didn't really address anything I had to say other than "we know we can always do better."

Then at the end of the letter, it goes on to thank me and SGT [NOT MY WIFE'S NAME] for our service and sacrifices.

So I reply with a strongly worded letter about how the letter I received underscores the point of "nobody gives a gently caress" I was trying to make in my letter. In response to that, I got a phone call from the executive officer to the Army G-1 saying "if you need anything, this is my phone number and e-mail address."

So to tie this all together, since he's pretty much my only POC in the Army (and XO to the G-1 isn't a bad ear to have) I sent him an email saying "every time my senator contacts the Army on this issue, some chucklefuck tells them to bother the VA instead, WTF."

What I've learned from all this, largely, is that DA civilians give absolutely no fucks whatsoever. Someone in uniform will go out of their way to help.

Which is kind of counter to my previous experience, now that I think about it.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Both at Benning and JBLM civilians working on post have always been a huge pain in the dick to deal with. Well, except for the dudes working in Physical Security on JBLM.

Civilians on Yakima are really easy to work with which is kind of surprising considering how much stupid poo poo happens here, especially with an entire BDE here. These guys will go out of their way to help you out as long as you treat them well. Some of the targetry operators will even pick up stuff off post for you and your guys, sometimes they won't even let you pay them for it.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

McNally posted:

What I've learned from all this, largely, is that DA civilians give absolutely no fucks whatsoever. Someone in uniform will go out of their way to help.

Which is kind of counter to my previous experience, now that I think about it.

Officers who make it to that level are usually true believers. That is a good thing sometimes.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it
:stare:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

The saga continues. :sigh:

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

The saga continues. :sigh:

I'm just waiting for the HBO adaptation

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u

Mustang posted:

Both at Benning and JBLM civilians working on post have always been a huge pain in the dick to deal with. Well, except for the dudes working in Physical Security on JBLM.

Civilians on Yakima are really easy to work with which is kind of surprising considering how much stupid poo poo happens here, especially with an entire BDE here. These guys will go out of their way to help you out as long as you treat them well. Some of the targetry operators will even pick up stuff off post for you and your guys, sometimes they won't even let you pay them for it.

The loving Benning civs were the loving worst.

Range control wasn't too bad, but heavy maintenance and motorpool fuuuuuuuuuuuck

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
I still get confused when I think about how the civs at CIF at Drum were genuinely nice and easy to clear with.

TheAlphaChaser
May 12, 2013

not caring here posted:

The loving Benning civs were the loving worst.

Range control wasn't too bad, but heavy maintenance and motorpool fuuuuuuuuuuuck
I've experienced Benning, Yakima, and JBLM civvies but none are worse than Fort Jackson. The most important support functions are run by civilians and 90% of the middle managers treat their area like a fiefdom and the soldiers who come to them as peons who have to give them a little song and dance to get what we need. The weapons people are the absolute worst. Most have their cush job as a perk after retirement and could give less of a gently caress about efficiency or efficacy.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I cleared CIF two different times at Benning and never had any issues so I never really got the hatred for CIF

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
CIF at Campbell didn't want to take my assault pack because a round went through it and tore the front pocket. The way I understood it, it just had to be clean.

Went back the next day and saw someone different and they took it without question.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Mustang posted:

I cleared CIF two different times at Benning and never had any issues so I never really got the hatred for CIF

I cleared CIF at Benning but they didn't clear any of the poo poo off of my electronic file. Took two years to get that corrected. gently caress Benning CIF.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

CIF out of Ft. Knox was chill, and clearing in the natty guard was super easy.

Even after my initial issue of TA-50 gear got stolen it was flipl'd or whatever they called it and I think I had to pay for a canteen water cup.

that's my CIF story *farts*

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

McNally posted:

DA Civilians are basically us in real life but our job is to deal with active duty retards who hate us. It's not cool, but I get that people have their limits.

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Mustang posted:

As a fellow officer I promise that enlisted do not experience the same CIF as we do

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
It's funny if I happen to be at one of the larger admin buildings on post watching the massive exodus of DACs who have perfected leaving their office at just the right time so as to step outside the front door at 4 pm on the dot.

Half the time they send their emails saying they need something TODAY OR ELSE at about 3:45 pm.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

DA Civilians are basically us in real life but our job is to deal with active duty retards who hate us. It's not cool, but I get that people have their limits.

Yeah, but there's a difference between "oh, God, not another loving joe who lost his ID card" and "hmm, this person who lost their spouse less than a month ago is really angry because we've been trying to tell him he doesn't get any benefits and it turns out that's not true, I think the best thing to do now is to drag our feet and deliberately not do our jobs."

There's a difference between "God, I'm sick of dealing with these idiots" and "Boy, it sure is fun having a job whose sole function is to assist someone who just went through the unthinkable! Maybe one day I'll learn the stuff I need to know to do my job! Nah!"

There's a difference between "I'm bitter and jaded because I deal with stupidity all the time" and "I'm too bitter and jaded to do my job."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

I regret making that comparison