Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

GotLag posted:

Curators are a fantastic boost to your technology, and traders are situationally useful.

Traders are possibly a crutch. My slipshod economy would never work without periodically trading energy for minerals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

3 DONG HORSE posted:

If he doesn't slip in something about stairs I'm never buying any DLC ever again :colbert:
You already have robots that protect you from the terrible secrets of space, what more do you want?

GunnerJ posted:

Traders are possibly a crutch. My slipshod economy would never work without periodically trading energy for minerals.
This is honestly one of the things keeping me from pulling the trigger on Leviathans. Can you turn them off?

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops
It occurs to me that there might need to be an FE rebalance of some sort, since at present Keepers of Knowledge are morally opposed to one branch but not Psionics or Biological.

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

I want each species phenotype to have some kind of unique gameplay gimmick and silicon based lifeforms would be a great addition to that.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

^^^ E: Silicon-based lifeforms or ones that use ammonia as a solvent or fleshed out gas giant dwellers or whatever other cool new ideas for properly alien aliens would be AMAZING ^^^

spectralent posted:

It occurs to me that there might need to be an FE rebalance of some sort, since at present Keepers of Knowledge are morally opposed to one branch but not Psionics or Biological.

I think I remember reading somewhere that they've been tweaked. Keepers of Knowledge will no longer declare war on you for AI research, just get really pissy and ignore your emails. If they ever awaken, however...

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Mar 20, 2017

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
They'll probably interact with the other two as well. They probably know all about those paths as well. Why wouldn't they?

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Skippy McPants posted:

The guardians alone make it worth the price. They give you some solid mid-game objects, the rewards they give are often amazing, and they look super cool.

When they don't get bugged out. :smith:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
This is an appalling pun and I love it.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Fintilgin posted:

When they don't get bugged out. :smith:

This is what console commands are for.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.

GotLag posted:

It took me a full minute to get it and I wrote it. :eng99:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

LordMune posted:

It took me a full minute to get it and I wrote it. :eng99:

:laffo:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
HOLY loving poo poo YOU RETARDED SCIENCE SHIPS STOP ZERGING INTO HOSTILE STATIONS YOU DUMB FUCKS

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GotLag posted:

Me am a dum who no get it :saddowns:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
What's another word for "peddling"?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it would be funnier if it were penrose radiation

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Oh that is a SNEAKY pun. Took me a few minutes.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

GotLag posted:

Wow I halfway through typing out 'peddling synonyms' before I got it :v:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

GotLag posted:

Oh ho ho yeah that took me a minute. Pretty good.

For no good science dum dums. But take a minute to think about it, it's a good pun. Hawking Radiation. A synonym of peddle is "hawk". Hawking radiation is what causes black holes to evaporate and "bleed out".

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

GotLag posted:

...no, I'm with Commissar here. "Selling" radiation? :confused:

E: Jesus christ, I should have got that. Cheers nelson

Serpentis fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Mar 20, 2017

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Oh ho ho yeah that took me a minute. Pretty good.

For no good science dum dums. But take a minute to think about it, it's a good pun. Hawking Radiation. A synonym of peddle is "hawk". Hawking radiation is what causes black holes to evaporate and "bleed out".

I did not get it. One of the disadvantages of not having English as my mother tongue. It did remind me of Hawking, but I overlooked the peddle=hawk part. Thanks for explaining this.

GotLag posted:

HOLY loving poo poo YOU RETARDED SCIENCE SHIPS STOP ZERGING INTO HOSTILE STATIONS YOU DUMB FUCKS

Use wormhole drives like god intended. You will not have this problem again, at least until you upgrade to (psi-)jump drives.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GotLag posted:

Oh. Oooooh. gently caress.

I think it's loving hilarious.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Oh man the release is in like two weeks. It still feels like a month away because it's on another page of my wall calender. Yes I have "UTOPIA" on my wall calendar and my wife asked what that was and I told her it's to take a flex day off Friday so I can have lots of time to post my important feelings about the update on the internet.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Baronjutter posted:

Oh man the release is in like two weeks. It still feels like a month away because it's on another page of my wall calender. Yes I have "UTOPIA" on my wall calendar and my wife asked what that was and I told her it's to take a flex day off Friday so I can have lots of time to post my important feelings about the update on the internet.

Hey, you're lucky: For me, Utopia is still nearly a month away, because payday for our company is around two weeks into a month and I only just started working. So my first money (and my ability to buy Utopia) drops around 1-2 weeks after the expansion comes out.

Luckily I've taken some days off around Easter for unrelated reasons, so I can try it out right after that. :v:

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

Torrannor posted:

I did not get it. One of the disadvantages of not having English as my mother tongue. It did remind me of Hawking, but I overlooked the peddle=hawk part. Thanks for explaining this.

Use wormhole drives like god intended. You will not have this problem again, at least until you upgrade to (psi-)jump drives.

It's an abandoned ringworld sanctuary with active defense systems. The science ships try to fly in and explore the ring segments, despite several thousand points of hostile stations right on top of them.

oddium posted:

it would be funnier if it were penrose radiation

Where's the joke in that?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

It took me way too long to get that joke.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GotLag posted:

Where's the joke in that?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Penrose%E2%80%93Hawking_singularity_theorems

Grizzwold
Jan 27, 2012

Posters off the pork bow!

Torrannor posted:

The only time I've had this problem with wormholes was when my stations were just a bit too far apart and kept shoving my ships into a system they could both reach, which incidentally also contained the enigmatic fortress :negative:

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Clarste posted:

For the record, forced relocation is basically a form of genocide anyway. Does the Trail of Tears sound familiar? No matter how you spin it, it's not the action of a nice empire.

I mean, you could certainly imagine that, but I don't know why you'd assume there's no other option for a big space empire. My government, the USA, forces people to relocate all the time in a process called eminent domain, and it's not genocidal in the slightest.

I mean, the pops being forced to relocate don't have to make a grueling overland journey, they get to ride in spaceships.

...Or do they? I guess you could easily imagine that your government says "get out ASAP, and if you don't we kill you" or "hey guys, you're gonna have to go somewhere else, sorry about that but we want to turn this place into an industrial farm planet : ( All travel and resettlement costs will be paid, though!"

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Libluini posted:

Hey, you're lucky: For me, Utopia is still nearly a month away, because payday for our company is around two weeks into a month and I only just started working. So my first money (and my ability to buy Utopia) drops around 1-2 weeks after the expansion comes out.

Luckily I've taken some days off around Easter for unrelated reasons, so I can try it out right after that. :v:

So you get the play the game when it's actually had a hotfix or two to fix the couple show-stopping bugs that some how got into release.

Relocation ethics are weird. You can freely move pops around on a planet but once a spaceship becomes involved it's a human rights abuse. You can genetically engineer all your people to be obedient freely in any ethos system too. No consent needed for massive species wide behavioral engineering.

Baronjutter fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Mar 20, 2017

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ

That's not a pun.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Baronjutter posted:

So you get the play the game when it's actually had a hotfix or two to fix the couple show-stopping bugs that some how got into release.

Relocation ethics are weird. You can freely move pops around on a planet but once a spaceship becomes involved it's a human rights abuse. You can genetically engineer all your people to be obedient freely in any ethos system too. No consent needed for massive species wide behavioral engineering.

I get that it's meant to be like you are refusing refugees and at will immigration so that makes people less happy. Whatever the solution, I would like the 95% habitability pops to feel like they want to migrate to the nice water planet while the desert pops stay on the desert planet. The current system means that the water pops go to the desert planet and promptly bitch.

Maybe it's putting in some more checking as to whether the pops want to move there, or maybe it's meant to represent a chaotic mess, but it's not a chaotic mess that I enjoy managing. The pop stuff immediately leads to happiness issues which leads to ethics divergence and factions, so it's not as if it's trivial. Oddly enough conquered planets don't have this problem as they tend to be full with pops, it's just colonizing with non main species pops thats awful.

So you pick your base habitability, then you expand and get some other species, and then you either stick to your original planets or you deal with 40% happiness planets that make the entire sector want to secede and don't contribute much. Or I guess you can take the planets in and out of the sector (YEAH) and build stuff manually (Hyper Entertainment WHOO) just to give it back to the sector (ALL RIGHT) while paying influence the whole way.

Cheen
Apr 17, 2005

Dog Kisser posted:

Took a while to figure this out!
Nothing too fancy here, just replaces robots and whatnot with floating cute balldroids. I'll release the full set of them with my synthetic pack, though in that one they'll just be selectable as regular species.

Are you the same dude that made a shitload of cool starbound weapons?

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

GotLag posted:

That's not a pun.

Not all jokes are puns.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE
Late to the topic, but that synth with the heart is cute and adorable and awesome :3:

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Cheen posted:

Are you the same dude that made a shitload of cool starbound weapons?

Yep!

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Can you add the Leviathans Story Pack to a game in progress or does it require a new galaxy?

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

Dongattack posted:

Can you add the Leviathans Story Pack to a game in progress or does it require a new galaxy?

All but certain it's the latter. It's all stuff that you encounter when you enter a system, which is presumably placed there on galaxy generation.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
Wiz should mention protecting people from the terrible secret of space again.

Him and Cknoor mentioned it on the pre launch stream and i think only them and like the 10 of us in this thread that got this at launch appreciated the joke.

Bloody Pom
Jun 5, 2011

GotLag posted:

:vince:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Dog Kisser posted:

Sorry to keep spamming pictures, just playing with colour differences.

edit: vvv Sure, will do!

Is it possible to link disposition to portrait? It'd be amazing if some friendly empire ended up with a synth leader and you went to trade some minerals or whatever and got

"Blorg! Your beautiful excretions are a joy to behold! Please, what can we do for you? :love::love::love::love:"

E: Also make the different colors have different pupils

SniperWoreConverse fucked around with this message at 23:20 on Mar 20, 2017

• Locked thread