Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
This is weeks late, because I just rented over the weekend, but holy gently caress is 1-2 Switch an insanely bad value. It's neat to see what the controllers can to. The marbles in the box thing specifically is super neat. But uh, beyond trying them all once I cannot see ever actually playing this. Good god I would be pissed if I spent $50 on it. What in the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Empress Brosephine posted:

I liked splatoon a lot but I also don't pretend it was a great bargain.

how do you determine "a great bargain"?

like, what are you quantifying

ddogflex posted:

This is weeks late, because I just rented over the weekend, but holy gently caress is 1-2 Switch an insanely bad value. It's neat to see what the controllers can to. The marbles in the box thing specifically is super neat. But uh, beyond trying them all once I cannot see ever actually playing this. Good god I would be pissed if I spent $50 on it. What in the gently caress.

i played this over the weekend with 4 other people, and we had a blast. we plan on doing so again in the future

really, the question here is "do you have friends who want to quick draw and ball count with you more than once?" if yes, 1-2-switch is a good value

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

chaleski posted:

That looks cool as gently caress, but I hope there's more than 5 characters

I imagine there will be 5 at launch and then they'll release several more over the course of the next few weeks and months, causing this thread to go on a 10-page derail as to whether or not that was a sound business decision as well as whether this is a true fighting game or a boxing game.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Are there any new ones in this trailer? I remember them saying they were more but if there not showing them yet I'm not really interested, I think we know enough about the ones they showed.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

ddogflex posted:

This is weeks late, because I just rented over the weekend, but holy gently caress is 1-2 Switch an insanely bad value.

I'm with you bruh

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Mahoning posted:

I imagine there will be 5 at launch and then they'll release several more over the course of the next few weeks and months, causing this thread to go on a 10-page derail as to whether or not that was a sound business decision as well as whether this is a true fighting game or a boxing game.

It's a shooter you nimrod

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ddogflex posted:

If you are looking for an actual use (I'm not saying it's worth $50 it's not). Have a party, have 20+ people over and leave the game on. People will pick it up and act foolish shooting each other and counting marbles while drunk get bored and someone else will try. It's to laugh at the people playing and getting into it. It's not like at a big party you are going to sit down and play Zelda, or even Mario Party, which would take far too long and only let 4 people be part of it.

It's be a much better value with 2-3 times as many games, several of the games are just bad or confusing on what you are supposed to do, which is disappointing. It is way more fun if you act out exactly what the game wants you to do and not game it, but it's still hard to play over 5 minutes at a time.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
What parties do you people go to where it's considered not insanely weird and immature to whip out a video game at it?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What parties do you people go to where it's considered not insanely weird and immature to whip out a video game at it?

LAN PARTIES!!

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
its true, video games are for children

chibi luda
Apr 17, 2013

pixaal posted:

It's not like at a big party you are going to sit down and play Zelda

lol that's what you think

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

You don't go to sweet roof top parties?

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Mahoning posted:

Those two ARMS videos are actually old ones that are on the Japanese Nintendo channel since like February and the producer of ARMS has already said that those five characters are just the demo roster and there will be more in the full game

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

One where people are all above the legal drinking age.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Had a girl over last night. I was playing Zelda when she showed up, but I never turned it off, I just warped Link to a tower and let him idle there while overlooking the beautiful world.

It was like having a living painting in the background while we talked. The dynamic weather added so much to it, too.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

chaleski posted:

That looks cool as gently caress, but I hope there's more than 5 characters

Nintendo has quoted, and for what its worth at the switch event nintendo peeps said there is more to ARMS than the 5 characters.

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Junkie Disease posted:

Nintendo has quoted, and for what its worth at the switch event nintendo peeps said there is more to ARMS than the 5 characters.

Yeah, the drive back to the store to return it.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Yeah, the drive back to the store to return it.

Jimmy Fallon needs you.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Cojawfee posted:

If you want a good media box, get an Xbox one. It might have lame games but it's great for media consumption.

Please don't buy an XBone just for streaming apps. Get a chromecast for $30 and just cast from your smartphone.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
With Wednesday's upcoming restock, I hope I'm able to get a Switch this week. I originally wanted the Neon version but realized I can just buy those color joycons later if they only have gray. Is there anything beyond Zelda that is must buy for Switch atm?

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Spacebump posted:

With Wednesday's upcoming restock, I hope I'm able to get a Switch this week. I originally wanted the Neon version but realized I can just buy those color joycons later if they only have gray. Is there anything beyond Zelda that is must buy for Switch atm?

Not especially. Binding of Isaac is a good port if you care about that. Shovel Knight and Blaster Master Zero are both good little NES-likes. I think the next big drop is Mario Kart or Puyo Puyo Tetris, plus probably a few indie games in the intervening weeks?

Metal Slug 3 is a pretty faithful port with a bunch of the arcade board options in the menu. It took my friend and I like 70 continues each to reach the end a couple nights ago because we're the worst :v:

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

If you have a significant other I think Snipperclips is a must buy. Wife and I had tremendous fun playing it.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Kirios posted:

If you have a significant other I think Snipperclips is a must buy. Wife and I had tremendous fun playing it.

Definite girlfriend game

Awkward silence when playing with best bro

bkerlee
Aug 3, 2006

Slimy and gross.
I just played my Switch on my lunch hour at work and will drop it in the dock and continue my Zelda-ing when I get home, continuing my shrine-hunting from the comfort of my recliner.

I have grown to love my little Joy-cons, they are like perfect little wiimotes.

This will not replace my PS4 but will fill its own quirky little niche. I love it.

10/10, thanks Nintendo. Namaste.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Spellman posted:

Definite girlfriend game

Nah I had a ton of fun doing with my friend.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Had a girl over last night. I was playing Zelda when she showed up, but I never turned it off, I just warped Link to a tower and let him idle there while overlooking the beautiful world.

It was like having a living painting in the background while we talked. The dynamic weather added so much to it, too.

lol. I read this post at neogaf and yet here, it just reeks of sarcasm.

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Vikar Jerome posted:

lol. I read this post at neogaf and yet here, it just reeks of sarcasm.

We're an older group of nerds here, so we're a tad more jaded.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

Spellman posted:

Definite girlfriend game

Nah playing with a friend is great, you just gotta laugh at the hilarious faces they make and randomly murder each other while trying to solve the puzzles. It reminds me of Portal 2 co-op mode. If you enjoyed that you should get snipper clippers.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Cerepol posted:

Nah I had a ton of fun doing with my friend.

Did you guys have fun playing the "Champaign Popping" game on 1 2 Switch as well?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
So is Splatoon 2 also going to be $12/map because that's how I judge games' value for some reason

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

So is Splatoon 2 also going to be $12/map because that's how I judge games' value for some reason

Get this.

$13/map.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Kashuno posted:

Get this.

$13/map.

It's gonna release with like 4.6 maps? Or sell for $65?
you're confusing me

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Man its weird how they kept releasing more maps for free. Gonna be weird that it keeps on like that with S2

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Hey, it beats making out to a 30-second looping DVD menu.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

Mahoning posted:

Did you guys have fun playing the "Champaign Popping" game on 1 2 Switch as well?

please we are milk champions! (not really I don't have 1-2 switch).

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Junkie Disease posted:

Man its weird how they kept releasing more maps for free. Gonna be weird that it keeps on like that with S2

that's just day 1+ DLC that's included in the sale price for some reason, doesn't affect the value of the game in any fashion whatsoever

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Breath of the Wild is really good, I want to be home playing it.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Modus Pwnens posted:

Hey, it beats making out to a 30-second looping DVD menu.

Look man I can handle this stuff, I just... If you really felt like that, why didn't you let me know instead of telling the internet?

I have feelings you know

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE
I really hope the attach rate of 1-2 Switch is less than 5% just cuz Nintendo are stupid as hell for thinking they could charge for that crap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
Store experience today: Switch overstocked, no carrying cases or accessories, 1-2 Switch is still $45 and just as in stock as ever.

• Locked thread