Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

One where people are all above the legal drinking age.

Yeah this I've been to plenty of parties since turning 21 and suddenly video games came back, poo poo even frat parties in college had video games if you wanted to get away from the dance floor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Tender Bender posted:

Breath of the Wild is really good, I want to be home playing it.

:yeah: :same:

Nolgthorn posted:

Store experience today: Switch overstocked
:eyepop:

Douglas Dinsdale
Oct 13, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

What parties do you people go to where it's considered not insanely weird and immature to whip out a video game at it?

My kid daughter brought over her web-development company co-workers over last night.
Five nerdy couples in their early twenties.
They had no problem at all whipping out Zelda and watching someone play.
And they had a hootin' hollerin' good time with 1-2 Switch.
(Some beers were involved.)

I'd only bought 12S as a tech demo myself, but seeing how much fun they had, I figure it's money pretty well spent.

One kid--to whom I sold my extra preorder Switch--went out and bought 12S after I loaned him mine for a couple weekends while I was waiting for my JP unit to arrive (which I didn't need to do at all, other than getting the neon model).

Douglas Dinsdale fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 20, 2017

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

I really hope the attach rate of 1-2 Switch is less than 5% just cuz Nintendo are stupid as hell for thinking they could charge for that crap

I only got it because I was able to get it for super cheap, and my Niece likes games like this.

Even then I still feel like I paid too much for it.

Winifred Madgers
Feb 12, 2002

Spacebump posted:

With Wednesday's upcoming restock, I hope I'm able to get a Switch this week. I originally wanted the Neon version but realized I can just buy those color joycons later if they only have gray. Is there anything beyond Zelda that is must buy for Switch atm?

I've been keeping tabs on this thread, but this is the first I've heard about a specific date restock. Is this like for all retailers or just Gamestop/Best Buy or something?

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

turn left hillary!! noo posted:

I've been keeping tabs on this thread, but this is the first I've heard about a specific date restock. Is this like for all retailers or just Gamestop/Best Buy or something?

There was an article on forbes about the wednesday restock for gamestop. And obviously the employees had no clue until the article came out.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

that's just day 1+ DLC that's included in the sale price for some reason, doesn't affect the value of the game in any fashion whatsoever

You know that when the data isn't downloaded, is included with the game, and isn't charged for when its unlocked, that its not in fact DLC?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

GameStop is now advertising the restock.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Sup bitches:

Blazing Zero
Sep 7, 2012

*sigh* sure. it's a weed joke
i dont see a screen protec tor, voted 1

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

When is that fantastic video game Mass Effect: Andromeda getting ported to the Switch?

Otherwise, no sale for me.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Blazing Zero posted:

You're not supposed to see them, I think you just convinced me back to being against screen protectors. Even on plastic screens.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sup bitches:

way too big imo.

Makes me wish for a Switch Dog charging dock

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I'm not buying the Switch until they:
- Port DOOM (2016)
- Port Bloodborne
- actually restock the stores so I can buy it.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

I'm not buying the Switch until they:
- Port DOOM (2016)
- Port Bloodborne
- actually restock the stores so I can buy it.

There's a restock tomorrow or the day after, check your local retailer.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

parallelodad posted:

There's a restock tomorrow or the day after, check your local retailer.

I will do this, friend.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but trump is president
when does virtual console come out

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

HyperPuma posted:

Go find out.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

HyperPuma posted:

At a later date.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Blazing Zero posted:

Oh it's on there:

You can see the bottom corner peeling because of the heat from the unit in the dock, my glass protector arrives this week hopefully.

Dizz posted:

way too big imo.

Makes me wish for a Switch Dog charging dock

It actually came with two stickers and I used the bigger one, though I agree the smaller one would have looked better. I'll probably change it.

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i couldnt find it

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Neo geos already on

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

im only interested in virtual nintendo consoles

Spellman
May 31, 2011

HyperPuma posted:

im only interested in virtual nintendo consoles

Try NES classic that's right up your alley

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

Spellman posted:

Try NES classic that's right up your alley

Ha

Ahaha.

Sure thing let me just walk my fancy boots right down to any one of my local video games retail establishments and politely request they sell me one of the dozens of NES Classics they must have on hand to sell at a moment's notice, surely.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007

Sorry it's popular and sells like hotcakes. You want coldcakes the mini Sega

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

i thought gamecube was coming to the switch virtual console?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

HyperPuma posted:

i thought gamecube was coming to the switch virtual console?

Rumors unconfirmed, but if it does I will play the hell out of kirby's air ride

HyperPuma
Jun 24, 2007

gamecube vc was rumored to be coming to wiiu too. thats worrying :(

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I own a switch and the only good game, thanks for a dead console Nintendo.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I own a switch and the only good game, thanks for a dead console Nintendo.

Snipperclips may be GOTY but consider buying Zelda as well my friend

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Also Blastermaster Zero's really good you should totally get that!

Fast RMX is kinda overrated, don't get that though.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Lemming posted:

Snipperclips may be GOTY but consider buying Zelda as well my friend

Sounds like a bad game to me, I'll stick to Snipperclips.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

They should make a new Waverace for the Nintendo Switch.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

Junkie Disease posted:

Sorry it's popular and sells like hotcakes. You want coldcakes the mini Sega

You joke, but I'd buy a mini Sega in a heartbeat. But I also have that Sega Pack on Steam, so I'm just terrible with managing my finances.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They sell many mini Segas. I saw a not gamegear with a bunch of games on it in sams club the other day.

Jimbozig
Sep 30, 2003

I like sharing and ice cream and animals.

Kirios posted:

Fast RMX is kinda overrated, don't get that though.

If I thought that F-Zero GX was the third best GameCube game, right behind Melee and Windwaker, how much would I like Fast RMX? I don't have a Switch now, but I inevitably will some day.

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah

Invalid Validation posted:

They sell many mini Segas. I saw a not gamegear with a bunch of games on it in sams club the other day.

They're all complete loving garbage though. So there is that. You're much better off emulating it on anything that can emulate a Genesis. Unfortunately no one even makes a decent fake Genesis controller (ala the iBuffalo SNES controller).

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Beat zelda. I might do a rush run. But probably done until dlc.

Picked up my ds4 to start horizon. It feels like crap to hold after the pro controller to 100+ hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Jimbozig posted:

If I thought that F-Zero GX was the third best GameCube game, right behind Melee and Windwaker, how much would I like Fast RMX? I don't have a Switch now, but I inevitably will some day.

Its a great little arcadie racing game along those lines. But it gets ullshit hard real fast. ( I might just be bad) the ai is drat perfect. It really scratches that itch though. Its a great "hand someone a joycon and play game." I'm on record hating single joycon use, but when you are just turning left and right its serviceable. And its great looking and fast.

I doubt most will put the time in to 100% it but I like it well enough.

• Locked thread