Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh and the music that plays when he has sex is the East German national anthem for some reason, which I never knew was such a beautiful song until recently

Yeah, the music unironically owns a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Meme Emulator posted:

Rance is a hilarious rapist, or at least that's how the game paints him. Come yuk it up with your pal Rance as he rapes his way through Japan. It's a real shame because Sengoku Rance isn't juat "competently made" which is my go to condescending term for things that work right but are not good. No, the real shame is that it's a really, really good territory control strategy game and every hour or so you're going to have to click that scroll wheel again for five minutes past another "hilarious" rape.

Oh and the music that plays when he has sex is the East German national anthem for some reason, which I never knew was such a beautiful song until recently
hold crtl my dude

edit: also, dont play rape games my bro

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

Well that is a shame, then.

*Quickly removes Rance from my eroge backlog*

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

EKUSPLOSION

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

I wish Megumin would come and explode this thread.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Droyer posted:

I wish Megumin would come and explode this thread.
YOUR FACE IS AN EXPLOSION! :mad:

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

s2 was okay but maybe not as good as the first season

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

littleorv posted:

I respect your right to have bad opinions.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

littleorv posted:

Ive seen people say this a bunch and I think its nuts. I thought S1 fell flat pretty frequently. Like the ep Darkness is introduced is really bad and has 4 different plots running.

S2 had like one boring episode (stop killing Kazuma and having him fart around in the afterlife please!) and everything else was great.

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

I think Kazuma should die more often because that was funny as gently caress.

Explosions
Apr 20, 2015

The episode where Kazuma tried to make Darkness leave the party was bad because Darkness is good and Kazuma and Darkness are friends.

I liked the rest of the season.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
I think at this point Kazuma doesent really respect Darkness a whole lot. She is the most deadweight of a party composed of deadweight. Megumin and Aqua like Darkness a lot, Kazuma wants to get rid of her but knows he cant because Aqua and Megumin would object due to friendship. He kind of slowly starts to consider her more than deadweight over time. Like he doesent hate her, but if she willingly left and theyd get an actually working tank he would be very happy.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Kazuma likes all his party members. He has no respect for them at all, but he still likes them as friends and cares about them.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Darkness is an invaluable member of the Konosubers who are all equally great.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Iretep posted:

I think at this point Kazuma doesent really respect Darkness a whole lot. She is the most deadweight of a party composed of deadweight. Megumin and Aqua like Darkness a lot, Kazuma wants to get rid of her but knows he cant because Aqua and Megumin would object due to friendship. He kind of slowly starts to consider her more than deadweight over time. Like he doesent hate her, but if she willingly left and theyd get an actually working tank he would be very happy.

Kazuma is no stranger to wanting to switch party members.

https://youtu.be/dOV2ADJfkvM?t=18

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The one thing that makes me laugh the most about Kazuma and Darkness' relationship is the fact that, at least physically (in Kazuma's case) and personality-wise (in Darkness' case), they're basically perfect for each other.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Darkness' serious voice when she tells Kazuma not to call her muscles hard is super cute

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
Konosuba is a good show. All of the characters are the best.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Shere posted:

Konosuba is a good show. All of the characters are the best.

This is correct. However, it is incomplete without noting that most of them are also the worst.

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
I thought S1 was okay but v cliche, S2 was better in pretty much every way.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Rance is a hilarious rapist, or at least that's how the game paints him. Come yuk it up with your pal Rance as he rapes his way through Japan. It's a real shame because Sengoku Rance isn't juat "competently made" which is my go to condescending term for things that work right but are not good. No, the real shame is that it's a really, really good territory control strategy game and every hour or so you're going to have to click that scroll wheel again for five minutes past another "hilarious" rape.

:yikes:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

chiasaur11 posted:

This is correct. However, it is incomplete without noting that most of them are also the worst.

nah, pink mohawk guy is just plain the best. no downside to him at all.

Zernach
Oct 23, 2012
That shining greatness in them all exists to cast the greater shadow of their awfulness upon the world.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

Wiz too

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!

Well aside from her business sense...

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!

Aku posted:

Her business sense is cute, and by extension, good.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Aku posted:

Wiz's problem is she is a pure unfiltered murderhobo. She has no other skills besides murderhoboing.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Wiz annoys me because shes the "Huge boobs" character that can hardly move without everything jiggling. It only pays off in the OVA where Kazuma Says shes boobs, just boobs . It isn't enough to ruin the character for me but its just.. bleh

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Hey, there's a reason I said "most", not "all".

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Hes probably the Demon King. Thats why hes so interested in the new crop of adventurers

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012
I'm sure the Demon King is actually some jolly goofball who's been grossly misunderstood.

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
its less misunderstood and more aquas followers intentionally making up bullshit about him.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Is the protective shield just to keep them out as well?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

Poil posted:

Is the protective shield just to keep them out as well?

Some people just want to live a high-quality life in another world, I guess.

Mohawk guy being the Devil King also works, I guess, which might explain why he has a much higher opinion of Kazuma than he probably should. After all, the guy does keep defeating all his top guys.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Rand Brittain posted:

Some people just want to live a high-quality life in another world, I guess.

Mohawk guy being the Devil King also works, I guess, which might explain why he has a much higher opinion of Kazuma than he probably should. After all, the guy does keep defeating all his top guys.

The Devil King is obviously the girl he tried to save in the first chapter. She's the whole reason he's stuck there.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
I laughed so hard at the Vanir episode. Darkness is the best. I knew the general idea of what was coming as soon as he said the darkness in human's hearts, but I still died laughing anyway.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
Oh good, he's back. That didn't take as long as I thought.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

I think its just because im a big ol Darkness fan but the Vanir ep was my favorite. She was just so thrilled to be able to tank properly for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm glad you're catching up to KonoSuba, Kyleiarweawerw.