Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Does this game have different servers or is at all on one big server?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Reverand maynard posted:

One big megserver for each region (PC NA/EU, XBONE NA/EU, PS4 NA/EU), within each region's servers there's multiple instances.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Reverand maynard posted:

different regional servers, there's a North American mega server and European mega server. There might be one in asia as well, but i"m not sure about that.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Beach Party posted:

The beginner builds listed in the FAQ still apply or are they outdated? Downloading this game as we speak :black101:

These should be on the OP as well:

Magicka Nightblade
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=40135#post470008915

Stamina Sorcerer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3793102&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=54#post470176874

Dinurth fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Mar 20, 2017

Overemotional Robot
Mar 16, 2008

Robotor just hasn't been the same since 9/11...
So, which one is the best now, mag or Stam sorc?

Also, how do I level undaunted and fighters guild? Do I just do dungeons and fight daedra, or do those lines also level from having skills on your bar?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Overemotional Robot posted:

So, which one is the best now, mag or Stam sorc?
Both great in different ways, I personally find Stamsorc way more fun.

quote:

Also, how do I level undaunted and fighters guild? Do I just do dungeons and fight daedra, or do those lines also level from having skills on your bar?
The former. Undaunted xp is gained by doing quests for them (The 3 dungeon pledges and the solo delve daily) and getting cheevos in dungeons. Fighter's Guild xp is from killing undead/daedra. Just go to coldharbour and grind it out if you feel the need to, everything there counts! Mage/Fighter/Undaunted all have a daily quest you can do for XP as well. That daily is also the only source of Dragur motif drops, so it's worth doing them anyway.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Pack it in magicka nerds, World First 600k run on a magicka spec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_1PUIyVKk

Lallander
Sep 11, 2001

When a problem comes along,
you must whip it.
Looking to join the Goon guild. I'm on the NA server on PC if that matters. @Lallander

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I'd like in as well, mostly just as a chat room and place to ask dumb newb questions. @Agent355

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I've been blown up, take me to the hospital.

Played the beta and am going to check this out again. Does the alliance thing impact only pvp or can you not join the goon guild if you're not Ebonheart?

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

mincedgarlic posted:

Played the beta and am going to check this out again. Does the alliance thing impact only pvp or can you not join the goon guild if you're not Ebonheart?

PVP only.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

mincedgarlic posted:

PVP only*

*if you have any race any alliance upgrade, otherwise it will also affect what races you can play since certain races are tied to certain alliances without that upgrade.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
Yeah—if you want to PVP with Ebonheart goons, and don't buy the adventurer pack upgrade, you'll have to be Argonian, Dark Elf, or Nord.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
As if anyone wouldn't be a Nord anyways :rolleyes:

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

PK loving SUBBAN posted:

As if anyone wouldn't be a Nord anyways :rolleyes:

That's a funny way to spell Argonian.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
N'wahs clearly are incapable of spelling Dunmer :colbert:

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Going to be making a regular Normal Maw of Lorkhaj a thing. Will post times in the guild MotD. Will also get a sign up for trials in discord. Anyone is welcome, but for the sake of your own sanity its best to be CP160 cause you don't want to be "the dude" who got a lvl 24 sharpened moondancer sword (or VO dagger when we do Crag trials). Also craglorn normals with an eye towards AA first.

Still looking to get willing participants for VET Hel Ra Citidel this weekend (prior experience would be preferable) and eventually we can start getting everyone who wants clears!

MF_James
May 8, 2008

DoriDori240 posted:

Going to be making a regular Normal Maw of Lorkhaj a thing. Will post times in the guild MotD. Will also get a sign up for trials in discord. Anyone is welcome, but for the sake of your own sanity its best to be CP160 cause you don't want to be "the dude" who got a lvl 24 sharpened moondancer sword (or VO dagger when we do Crag trials). Also craglorn normals with an eye towards AA first.

Still looking to get willing participants for VET Hel Ra Citidel this weekend (prior experience would be preferable) and eventually we can start getting everyone who wants clears!

You guys still planning saturdays for prog crew stuff? If so, I will be out this saturday as it's our engagement party, otherwise I'll probably be around since I'm not a barfly anymore.

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

DoriDori240 posted:

I am now 160+ and have crafted 160 sets on my stamsorc, working on gear for my mNB now. So I'm ready to jump into this stuff.

bradybunch
Jun 14, 2006

Why would anyone choose to play a nord?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

bradybunch posted:

Why would anyone choose to play a nord?

Incoming race balancing, Nords gonna get Ice damage boost.

Long live the Nord Frost Tanks

Creed Reunion Tour
Jul 3, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Grimey Drawer

I am 11 years old.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Scyantific posted:

Incoming race balancing, Nords gonna get Ice damage boost.

Long live the Nord Frost Tanks

Hey! Sorry it's been a while since I've played. Life happened pretty quick for me.

Anyways, I'm on PS4 and have to start over so I figured "gently caress it, make something fun!" What's the best face rolling thing I can play on console?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
I could use a chat room to poo poo up in this game, PC NA @CoffeeAmin

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

^^^ Same here... PC NA, @mincedgarlic

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

Scyantific posted:

Pack it in magicka nerds, World First 600k run on a magicka spec

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MD_1PUIyVKk

What's he using besides bsw to make blockade tic that hard?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

sluggo is mad posted:

What's he using besides bsw to make blockade tic that hard?

5x BSW, 4x Moondancer back bar, 3x front bar with Maelstrom Inferno

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
running around the hollow city and gathering everything is really relaxing and fun

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Agent355 posted:

I'd like in as well, mostly just as a chat room and place to ask dumb newb questions. @Agent355

Never got an invite for this but it's only been a couple days, or maybe I missed it? PC NA

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

eonwe posted:

running around the hollow city and gathering everything is really relaxing and fun

They really should have had homes to buy there.

Colonize Coldharbour... gently caress yeah.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

I'm not sure what the SA name of the person is but many thanks to the goon who hooked me up with an invite, grub and a sweet weapon. Numerous mobs and assorted fauna have come to feel the wrath of my fire.

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

mincedgarlic posted:

I'm not sure what the SA name of the person is but many thanks to the goon who hooked me up with an invite, grub and a sweet weapon. Numerous mobs and assorted fauna have come to feel the wrath of my fire.

another goon gave my character a lvl 26 full kit, which was sweet. goons rock

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

mincedgarlic posted:

Gyshall posted:

another goon gave my character a lvl 26 full kit, which was sweet. goons rock

It was probably either me (@thefloobyest) or Aramek (@aramek). It was most like Ara, though, since he's cooler and nicer than me so give him the credit but I mighta done it, maybe, I dunno.

mincedgarlic
Jan 4, 2005

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

It was probably either me (@thefloobyest) or Aramek (@aramek). It was most like Ara, though, since he's cooler and nicer than me so give him the credit but I mighta done it, maybe, I dunno.

@aramek, thank you!

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord
Lower level gear sets are cheap to make for those of us who have been crafting for awhile. Its usually more about time. I guess what Im saying is ask if youre running around in pieced together dropped gear and struggling. Leveling without cp is hard enough and we all know it. Ask for gear and lots of goons will throw some sets together for you. Again, leveling mats are freakin'' cheap, it doesnt really cost us anything.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
Levelgeddeon is upon us. May the 8 have mercy on all of the fish of Tamriel.

Ixjuvin
Aug 8, 2009

if smug was a motorcycle, it just jumped over a fucking canyon
Nap Ghost
the Jester personality is extremely powerful

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
Thank you zos for adding a cosmetic crown to the jester event as my DK alt's gimmick is now complete.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

The Bone Pirate meta is real, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Scyantific posted:

The Bone Pirate meta is real, folks.

Hasn't this been a thing for a while? I always see skeletons, or is it in pvp you're talking about?