Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

cult member at airport posted:

How long until POTUS announces he plans to stay at ~~*The Southern White House*~~ full time because he works more efficiently from there?

6 months after that Melania will finally move to the white house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

Son of Rodney posted:

Remember when trump was elected and it was still a few months until he was inaugurated? Remember when people said things like "weeell sure he sounds bad but he was just saying dumb stuff to get votes, he'll become more moderate when he's president", and were hoping he'd turn presidential all of a sudden and do a not completely lovely job?

Because I do. And it's making me lol.

Remember when Van Jones gave trump a knob job after he delivered a prepared speech via teleprompter in a sorta-competent fashion in front of Congress? It's literally impossible to describe how low the bar has been set, but trump still manages to crawl under it every day

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
I liked the people with disabilities, immigrants, and those who care for veterans voting for trump

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Son of Rodney posted:

Remember when trump was elected and it was still a few months until he was inaugurated? Remember when people said things like "weeell sure he sounds bad but he was just saying dumb stuff to get votes, he'll become more moderate when he's president", and were hoping he'd turn presidential all of a sudden and do a not completely lovely job?

Because I do. And it's making me lol.

I remember the first GOP primary debate all the pundits said his outlandish claims & behavior were just him trying to rally the base and win the primary. Then there was the slowly dawning realization that he was actually reigning himself in during the primaries, and he was even worse than they thought.

And somehow he still won and is now the president. LOL.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

red19fire posted:

I remember the first GOP primary debate all the pundits said his outlandish claims & behavior were just him trying to rally the base and win the primary. Then there was the slowly dawning realization that he was actually reigning himself in during the primaries, and he was even worse than they thought.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Dizz posted:

A man wakes up and angrily posts on twitter
Has a breakfast of toast and bacon, both overcooked/burned
Refuses to go to work today. Decides to go golfing instead
Bad at golf, but colleagues give him moral support to soften the blow of harsh reality
Builds up a big appetite, goes to a Five-Star restaurant
Orders a steak very well done with ketchup and some champagne

dont doxx me

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

haljordan posted:

Donnie STILL needing his rally crowd safe space makes me laugh. I wonder if he underestimated just how many people in this country hate his loving guts.

In a word? Lizards.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

red19fire posted:

The GOP trying to use him to pass all their retarded policies while slowly realizing that he's uncontrollable is one of the best things about this.

Trump is a real-life King Kong, possessing the same general build, mental capacities and subtlety of the original, and we're all just waiting to see what retarded giant sky scraper scandal he's going to go down on.

Like for real if king kong could talk “Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” is 100% a thing that he'd say.

Lmfao.

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

Sitting next to some olds at another table. They are using the intelligence conference to seque into a discussion about Bill Clinton and how he hosed an intern. They're still mad about this.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

lmao

quote:

Aides sought to project that Trump was busy with matters of state and refused to concede he was playing golf. A spokeswoman said he may have “hit a few balls.” The spokeswoman declined to comment on why he skipped a meeting with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, who flew to Mar-a-Lago on Saturday to negotiate changes on the health care bill. “Health care is a top priority of this administration,” said the spokeswoman, Lindsay Walters.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-health-care-plan-aides-236266?lo=ap_e1

By the way, the main focus of the article is how Trump spent the weekend not giving a gently caress about health care

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Dizz posted:

I liked the people with disabilities, immigrants, and those who care for veterans voting for trump

You didn't like the poor and olds?

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Son of Rodney posted:

The GOP trying to use him to pass all their retarded policies while slowly realizing that he's uncontrollable is one of the best things about this.

This has been really good ya

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
I can't even.

The Comey hearing. Watching the GOP was truly hilarious. Making Comey explain in depth how they came to the conclusion that Russian efforts were to help Trump and hurt Hillary (I mean, Trump won, so what's the point, right?)
"Nevermind the possibility of treason, what about the leakers who uncovered the possibility of treason?!" (this is literally Nixon's response to Deep Throat.)
Trump live-tweeting the hearing, and those very tweets being raised in the same hearing so Comey could publicly refute them.
GOP un-ironically accusing Comey of casting a black cloud over the Trump administration.
Trump live-tweeting a video of CNN about "increased leak activity" but the banner on the screen says, "FBI, DOJ, (etc.): NO EVIDENCE OF TRUMP'S CLAIMS - another flawless self-own...
...and all the other amazing Trump tweets today which I think have already been deleted...

And now you're telling me he has a rally planned for tonight?!

I can't believe he'd go through with that now. Would he?

Either way: LOL!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

haljordan posted:

lmao

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/trump-health-care-plan-aides-236266?lo=ap_e1

By the way, the main focus of the article is how Trump spent the weekend not giving a gently caress about health care

President Donald Trump’s aides spent the weekend fretting over the health care law, huddling in a room at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort for hours, wrangling with members of Congress on the phone, flying conservatives to the Florida retreat and making final deals with House leadership in hopes of getting the bill passed.

Who pays to fly these conservatives to a golf course in fl?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Dr. Faustus posted:

I can't even.

The Comey hearing. Watching the GOP was truly hilarious. Making Comey explain in depth how they came to the conclusion that Russian efforts were to help Trump and hurt Hillary (I mean, Trump won, so what's the point, right?)
"Nevermind the possibility of treason, what about the leakers who uncovered the possibility of treason?!" (this is literally Nixon's response to Deep Throat.)
Trump live-tweeting the hearing, and those very tweets being raised in the same hearing so Comey could publicly refute them.
GOP un-ironically accusing Comey of casting a black cloud over the Trump administration.
Trump live-tweeting a video of CNN about "increased leak activity" but the banner on the screen says, "FBI, DOJ, (etc.): NO EVIDENCE OF TRUMP'S CLAIMS - another flawless self-own...
...and all the other amazing Trump tweets today which I think have already been deleted...

And now you're telling me he has a rally planned for tonight?!

I can't believe he'd go through with that now. Would he?

Either way: LOL!!

Are you kidding? He's absolutely going to go ahead with his rally. In fact, he's probably happy he can rail against Comey while ignoring how incompetent almost every aspect of his presidency has been thus far.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Thirsty Girl posted:

Sitting next to some olds at another table. They are using the intelligence conference to seque into a discussion about Bill Clinton and how he hosed an intern. They're still mad about this.

The biggest Dem presidential scandal since has been one of Obama's daughter hitting a spliff at a concert.

They can't even get mad about drones, because now Trump is asking "Well how many Pakistani weddings can I murder!?"

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

Son of Rodney posted:

Trump is a real-life King Kong, possessing the same general build, mental capacities and subtlety of the original, and we're all just waiting to see what retarded giant sky scraper scandal he's going to go down on.

Like for real if king kong could talk “Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.” is 100% a thing that he'd say.

Lmfao.

Lmbo

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

haljordan posted:

Are you kidding? He's absolutely going to go ahead with his rally. In fact, he's probably happy he can rail against Comey while ignoring how incompetent almost every aspect of his presidency has been thus far.
Like I said, I just can't! This poo poo is amazing.

https://twitter.com/Snowden/status/843866240657625089

E: lmao

Mr Havafap
Mar 27, 2005

The wurst kind of sausage
Donalt Drump hasn't killed satire even though he's dealt a heavy blow.

Don't despair though, because satire will simply go the other way; we'll see a skit with Donalf Prump as a completely reasonable man, affable and well spoken and it'll be the funniest poo poo ever.
And when a generation from now we'll watch it on a rerun and laugh and laugh, and the young ones will be totally bewildered and we'll laugh even harder.

It's going to happen and I'm calling it.

Mr Havafap fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 20, 2017

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
I'm not thinking of anything!

Dizz posted:

rofl they would rather vote in malice rather against liberals than for their in own self-interest

also lol imagine if you could take a bunch of coverage from this election cycle and show it to people in the 40s and 50s
imagine what WW2 and Korea vets would have to say about this poo poo

Mr Havafap posted:

Donalt Drump hasn't killed satire even though he's dealt a heavy blow.

Don't despair though, because satire will simply go the other way; we'll see a skit with Donalf Prump as a completely reasonable man, affable and well spoken and it'll be the funniest poo poo ever.
And when a generation from now we'll watch it on a rerun and laugh and laugh, and the young ones will be totally bewildered and we'll laugh even harder.

It's going to happen and I'm calling it.

lol like the Chappelle's Lil Jon character

Tumble fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 20, 2017

Scary!
Oct 22, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
@mr havafap: you're right and it's actually a pretty funny thought lmao

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
My kids are so confused right now. Think about being a 16 year old looking at this poo poo show and going "this is our president of the worlds largest economy and military"? Lol 😆

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Mega lolling that this trump has russian ties bs is still being dragged out. Obama even changed intelligence gathering laws on his last week out the door and they STILL cant find any dirt on him. Didnt realize he was so squeaky clean.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003

Burt Sexual posted:

My kids are so confused right now. Think about being a 16 year old looking at this poo poo show and going "this is our president of the worlds largest economy and military"? Lol 😆

I'm on the fence as to whether I think Trump will reinvigorate younger voters or if it's so totally absurd that people are just going to give up on voting ever again. I almost think that we'd be better off if Trump's administration manages to actually push through some evil bill so that people take this admittedly bizarre situation seriously again.

Tumble fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Mar 20, 2017

hseroK divaD
Jun 3, 2011

Creepy Richard will keep leering at you NON-STOP!

Nuclearmonkee posted:

lollin at him having a twitter meltdown about the whole national intelligence apparatus spying on him like some idiot fucker from infowars when he's the guy in charge of it

I don't wanna give trump credit, or say that he's playing 4d checkers, but he has to make those kind of tweets.

Is the only way he has to retain some credit (with his supporters at least) when the truth finally comes out. I think is no coincidence that the "obama bugged trump tower" narrative came out after Sessions and Flynn got caught red handed talking with the russian ambassador.
By portraing himself as an outsider being hosed by the "deep state" or whatever, he can wave the whole thing as an operation against him, going back even before he was president.

Viruswithshoes
Mar 26, 2007

haljordan posted:

lmao

'Advisers say he is very much interested in the law passing – and believes that if it doesn’t, that would be considered “a failure that hurts his presidency,” as one White House official put it. But they acknowledge that he’s less compelled by the substance of the law – the fine details of who wins or who loses. “He’s very interested in having it happen,” said Newt Gingrich, a top ally. “He’s not vested in every single piece of it.”'

LOLLLLLLLLLL

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

hseroK divaD posted:

I don't wanna give trump credit, or say that he's playing 4d checkers, but he has to make those kind of tweets.

Is the only way he has to retain some credit (with his supporters at least) when the truth finally comes out. I think is no coincidence that the "obama bugged trump tower" narrative came out after Sessions and Flynn got caught red handed talking with the russian ambassador.
By portraing himself as an outsider being hosed by the "deep state" or whatever, he can wave the whole thing as an operation against him, going back even before he was president.

But...his staff was colluding with Russians, for real like.

bag em and tag em
Nov 4, 2008

Burt Sexual posted:

At 16 I would have been pointing to Trump every day when my parents were trying to convince me to be a better person like "lol why? This clown did fine and he's more retarded than I am."

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

Viruswithshoes posted:

'Advisers say he is very much interested in the law passing – and believes that if it doesn’t, that would be considered “a failure that hurts his presidency,” as one White House official put it. But they acknowledge that he’s less compelled by the substance of the law – the fine details of who wins or who loses. “He’s very interested in having it happen,” said Newt Gingrich, a top ally. “He’s not vested in every single piece of it.”'

LOLLLLLLLLLL

I can handle Trump being president but having that worthless gently caress face Newt Gingrich making statements all the time is too much to bear.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

at dinner with the inlaws last night, as usual desperately trying to avoid politics i let it slip that trump was on track to spend a billion dollars on vacations during his tenure. mother in law asked me 'what was that' and i repeated it and she said, oh nowhere near as much as obama. i said it's about 10 times as much. she said 'obama flew all over the place' and went back to her meatball

you can only talk to a wall for so long before you're the dumbfuck so internally lol'ed and ate my risotto

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

I quite enjoy the amounts of daily butthurt Trump brings simply by being Best President

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

turn off the TV posted:

6 months after that Melania will finally move to the white house.

I actually find it really amusing that Melania doesn't care to even be around him at all (can you blame her hell no must be tiring to have such a needy little bitch of a 70 year old for a husband). I'm not sure if she's even seen him since he was elected president, I never heard about him being in New York just DC and Florida.

She's probably just like thank gently caress this campaign and presidency was the greatest thing to ever happen to me.

I actually also think it's kind of awesome that she's not engaging with all the First Lady nonsense, unlike her husband she's smart enough to know her own limitations.

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

Viruswithshoes posted:

LOLLLLLLLLLL

Of course he doesn't care what's in it, it could literally be the ACA again and as long as he gets to say he replaced Obamacare he'd chalk it up as a win

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Son of Rodney posted:

Lmfao.

Tumble
Jun 24, 2003
it's really hosed up and strange because I wouldn't rush to defend Obama if he'd done any of the poo poo that's Trump is pulling in the media.

Like if Obama had a really really lovely weekend during his 2nd month in office and tweeted "I think GWB and the Republicans are conspiring to make my life hard" I would consider that a major political gently caress up and expect him to both admit his mistake and try to fix it.

but somehow if people point out that Trump's behavior wouldn't be tolerated in almost any professional setting, life-long republicans take it as a personal threat. I mean I still root for the 49ers but I acknowledge that they're a broken team from the coaches to the owners.

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

But but that one rube lawmaker from Alabama said Trump was gonna take care of the old people!!!!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

haljordan posted:

But but that one rube lawmaker from Alabama said Trump was gonna take care of the old people!!!!

🤔

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

quote:

Ivanka Trump, who moved to Washington, D.C., saying she would play no formal role in her father’s administration, is now officially setting up shop in the White House.

The powerful first daughter has secured her own office on the West Wing’s second floor — a space next to senior adviser Dina Powell, who was recently promoted to a position on the National Security Council. She is also in the process of obtaining a security clearance, and is set to receive government-issued communications devices this week.

Well I don't see any problems with this. I mean, it's not like Trump's other staff members would do something stupid, like promote Ivanka's fashion line on live TV!

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Tumble posted:

I mean I still root for the 49ers but I acknowledge that they're a broken team from the coaches to the owners.

It's tough being a Santa Clara 49ers fan now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

Nepotism is cool and good!