Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
Soiled Meat

Snowy posted:

Haha, try telling that to the lady with the first face transplant, oh wait she's dead. Labradors are the best. :laugh:

That dog hurt her because he was desperately trying to wake her up when she fell unconscious on some pills. The dog didn't attempt to eat her, biter her or do anything consistent with canine attack behavior as she was vulnerable. Unfortunately anybody with a dog can tell that when they get worked up over something, they can be dangerous without being malevolent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Seinfeld is only okay.

There, I said it.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

DicktheCat posted:

Seinfeld is only okay.

There, I said it.

You're more generous than I am, friend.

And if I died in a group starvation scenario, I'd be disappointed if someone didn't eat my remains.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Back in HS, my buddies and I noticed that you either watched Seinfeld or Friends, never knew anyone IRL who was into both. We were all team Seinfeld.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I watched both. Seinfeld is about 30 times better though.

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
🐙 are good.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Aramek posted:

Back in HS, my buddies and I noticed that you either watched Seinfeld or Friends, never knew anyone IRL who was into both. We were all team Seinfeld.

Same, the dumber people all seemed like like Friends.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
Crab is the only seabug worth eating, lobster is way overrated

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

go team frasier

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

hard counter posted:

go team frasier

They need to bring back Frasier. Without a laugh track

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

If men had uteruses they'd be called duderuses.

Aramek posted:

At least the characters in on Seinfeld knew they were assholes.

Speaking of Frasier, watching the series now shows how much of an utter and unfunny rear end Bulldog was. Sexually harassing Roz was played for laughs.

Solvalou
Aug 31, 2001
Dogs are to humans what remoras are to sharks.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When all this was going on, I was like 8 and enjoying the golden age of Cartoon Network. Only live action series I'd watch were Tales from the Crypt and old Twilight Zone eps.

Blue Star
Feb 18, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I like Florida, at least to visit. Palm trees and semi-tropical beaches are nice :)

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

bean_shadow posted:

Speaking of Frasier, watching the series now shows how much of an utter and unfunny rear end Bulldog was. Sexually harassing Roz was played for laughs.

yeah having a dude be an extreme creep to a girl he likes was a common gimmick you'll just have to accept every now and then if you want to binge on an older program, like I can see how distorting enthusiasm into vulgar caricature can work for comedy but usually it'd go all the way to outright harassment and it stops being funny, at least when everyone else acts like it's normal behavior and/or ignores it

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Hopefully we can all agree that if you shouldn't let your cat outside, and they should be spayed/neutered.
FTFY.

Aramek posted:

They're both poo poo.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Roseanne was better than Seinfeld.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

veni veni veni posted:

Roseanne was better than Seinfeld.

I refuse to believe anyone actually believes this. The only comparable show with a more annoying lead character is The Nanny, and not just the voices, they just aren't funny.

I've tried to watch Friends and I just don't get it. Seinfeld you can at least relate to the people/situations, but with friends I just didn't feel a connection with any of the characters.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

People liked seeing attractive people on tv

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

I refuse to believe anyone actually believes this. The only comparable show with a more annoying lead character is The Nanny, and not just the voices, they just aren't funny.

I've tried to watch Friends and I just don't get it. Seinfeld you can at least relate to the people/situations, but with friends I just didn't feel a connection with any of the characters.

Why does Ross, the largest friend, not simply eat the other five?

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Why does Ross, the largest friend, not simply eat the other five?

Joey was the only one with the appetite to finish the job. That's why Monica kept her fridge full and her door unlocked.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Das Boo posted:

When all this was going on, I was like 8 and enjoying the golden age of Cartoon Network. Only live action series I'd watch were Tales from the Crypt and old Twilight Zone eps.

Be glad you're not old because let me tell you no amount of Blackstar and Bravestarr and Transformers and Captain Harlock and Ulysses 31 and Inspector Gadget is enough to make up for all the Ski Boy, Elephant Boy, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and loving BAILEY'S BIRD AND BARRIER REEF in between the cartoons.

Collateral Damage
Jun 13, 2009

Sentient Data posted:

Crab is the only seabug worth eating, lobster is way overrated
Northern (pink) prawn is pretty good. But yeah, lobster is overrated.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I feel much more sympathy for people who lost a dog than a cat. At least a dog acts like it likes you all the time, unlike a cat where it just tolerates your presence as long as you let it outside to decimate the local bird population and let it poo poo and piss inside your home.

lmfao at the bolded. We dedicate a minimum of one whole room to making GBS threads and pissing in, and are often the most extravagant rooms in a home. Don't act like it's somehow gross that cats go in litter boxes. "But that's different, we poo poo and piss in water!" you might say. I guarantee within the last 24 hours you've taken a poo poo that smells just as bad as a cat's piss or poo poo. Also lol at thinking cats are soulless robots that can't display love or affection.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I cat-sat a cat last week-end and it always went outside to poo and pee and also wanted to be petted all the time but when I got tired of petting it it just curled up next to me and purred a lot I don't know maybe it was just a good cat.

Not all cats

e: It didn't even try to eat my chocolate bar like the last cat I sat.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Jerry Cotton posted:

Be glad you're not old because let me tell you no amount of Blackstar and Bravestarr and Transformers and Captain Harlock and Ulysses 31 and Inspector Gadget is enough to make up for all the Ski Boy, Elephant Boy, Skippy the Bush Kangaroo and loving BAILEY'S BIRD AND BARRIER REEF in between the cartoons.

Has anybody been forced to watch the new Netflix Inspector Gadget by their kids or just watched it out of curiosity? I assume it's total crap without Don Adams.

IG was just a loosely-based cartoon Get Smart, which is why it was awesome.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

bean_shadow posted:

Has anybody been forced to watch the new Netflix Inspector Gadget by their kids or just watched it out of curiosity? I assume it's total crap without Don Adams.

I watched both Inspector Gadget and Get Smart re-runs as a kid and I never realized (or noticed in the credits) that it was actually Don Adams doing the voice. I just thought it was an imitator.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

After Last Season is by far a worse and better worst movie of all time than The Room.

Hardcordion
Feb 5, 2008

BARK BARK BARK

bean_shadow posted:

I don't know how much Don Adams has to do with it but the new show is a lot goofier than I remember the old one being. Claw is more of a Dr. Evil type than legitimately menacing, Gadget is even stupider and more oblivious than before, Penny has a nemesis/crush relationship with Dr. Claw's nephew Tallon and Brain is pretty much the same.

vintagepurple
Jan 31, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hate having dogs bc at some point you're going to have to leave the house or ignore them or something and they're distressed by it and don't understand. Affectionate cats can still be chill by themselves, and snakes/lizards/fish are the best bc they look cool, eat and poo poo less, and don't give a poo poo about you. They're a hobby, not a baby, and that's cool and good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I understand not wanting to let cats outside if you live in some beautiful bird environment, but here in Dallas we got rid of the environment years ago and have nothing to lose.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Cats only kill weak stupid birds, ensuring that each generation of birds is stronger than the last. Out of that crucible a superior breed of bird with emerge.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Baronjutter posted:

Cats only kill weak stupid birds, ensuring that each generation of birds is stronger than the last. Out of that crucible a superior breed of bird with emerge.

On a long enough time frame all birds become geese.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I saw a bunch of hummingbirds and sparrows team up and chase a cat out of a garden the other day, was pretty good. Was like a swarm of bees.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
I have mostly inept cats that are bewildered and frightened when a baby robin lands on their heads. I also have mostly inept pheasants who play chicken with said inept cats.
The raccoon that lives around here's pretty smart, tho.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

Hot Smart ARYAN Girl posted:

I understand not wanting to let cats outside if you live in some beautiful bird environment, but here in Dallas we got rid of the environment years ago and have nothing to lose.

It's still pretty inconsiderate because when (not if) your cat darts out in front of my car I'll have to deal with your weepy rear end demanding me to buy you a new cat and trying to get the cops to arrest me. It just seems conflicting sometimes - people keep saying how much they love their cat and will be destroyed if it dies, but at the same time will let it loose in high traffic areas or in places where predators like coyotes are active. Where I grew up you probably saw coyotes every couple days or so, yet people still let their cats out and act like they couldn't have seen it coming when the cat goes missing.

Anyway, non-pet opinion: I don't like "al dente" pasta. I like it cooked a little more than that. I know it's technically wrong and basically any chef would disagree with me, but I just don't like almost-crunchy pasta. Also I can barely tell the difference between fresh pasta and premade/frozen so I don't really care what the restaurant uses, but this one may be because I've destroyed my palate with alcohol.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
People here stop for school buses when going the opposite direction on a four lane road. I'm almost positive you don't actually have to since there's a median, but people do it anyway. It's stupid.

If your kid is stupid enough to try and cross a four lane road, that's on you, not other drivers.

Also I think school bus drivers are routinely the worst drivers on the road. I've been cut off and almost hit by more school buses than any other kind of vehicle.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

I will stop for a bus even if there is a median and logic would dictate that there's no good reason for you to stop just because there will always be a cop lurking the one time you decide to test it. There's no chance of a warning in those situations, they will unleash all their righteous indignation upon you and imply you are a kid killer and then you have to go to traffic school and pay a ridiculous fine.

I also think the 15 mph limit in school zones is extremely overly slow. You have crossing guards and lights, you should just let people drive normally and only let kids cross once you've verified everyone has stopped. That's another stupid situation though where you just go 10 mph and don't even get close to 15 because if you get clocked at 15.1 you are going to get pulled over and chewed out.

bean_shadow
Sep 27, 2005

Ventriloquism is obnoxious. I would say that this isn't an unpopular opinion but it's disturbing how famous Jeff Dunham is. A FB friend of mine went to one of his shows recently. I just thought to myself, "WHY?!"

And some ventriloquists (maybe all of them, I don't know) are just downright creepy about their dummies. Edgar Bergen had an entire bedroom for Charlie McCarthy and, according to his daughter Candice Bergen, the dummy had a bigger wardrobe than she did.

It would be wrong not to bring up 1978's Magic with Anthony Hopkins as Corky, and his dummy Fats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzrduy5h3G0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Yeah they're generally really creepy