Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Alain Post posted:

wasn't that Vivienne in DA:I

Vivienne was black so the usual suspects didn't care about her beyond complaining that she's to uppity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Liu posted:

we never got to gently caress the citadel either, shame

avina......

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Nazzadan posted:

What a strange decision to hyper-sexualize the ship's AI to the point of giving her massive camel toe but then not make her romanceable.
It's actually incredible restraint on Bioware's part.
The Joker-EDI matchup was no doubt intended to inspire sad lonely nerds.

"One day, maybe I'll have a fuckdroid who'll love me too!"

EDIT:

RottenK posted:

Vivienne was black so the usual suspects didn't care about her beyond complaining that she's to uppity
That's what I already said, keep up slowpoke.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Bioware needs to introduce a new age in a post-"see that mountain? you can go there!" era. I was thinking too small earlier.

Mass Effect dating sim with full genital interaction with EVERYTHING.

See that fish tank? You can stick your dick in it. See that control console? Go ahead and grind your cooter on it. Objectify everything and everyone, with no downsides to your abhorrent behavior.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Nazzadan posted:

What a strange decision to hyper-sexualize the ship's AI to the point of giving her massive camel toe but then not make her romanceable.

I'm really really glad i bowed out of mass effect after the first one good lord.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Alain Post posted:

You could romance Miranda. If you broke up with her in ME3 she died because she got emotional, as women are wont to do.

Specifically, she dies if you don't forgive her for wanting to put a chip in you because the part where you warn her about something comes later in that conversation tree.. Also she breaks up with you if you don't forgive her. I think if you break off the relationship before then you don't even have the second conversation where you would talk to her about that.

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax

Sombrerotron posted:

The Joker-EDI matchup was no doubt intended to inspire sad lonely nerds.

"One day, maybe I'll have a fuckdroid who'll love me too!"

EDIT:
That's what I already said, keep up slowpoke.

I almost died in my freezer trying to go to the future to make this happen

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Kurieg posted:

Specifically, she dies if you don't forgive her for wanting to put a chip in you because the part where you warn her about something comes later in that conversation tree.. Also she breaks up with you if you don't forgive her. I think if you break off the relationship before then you don't even have the second conversation where you would talk to her about that.

There was a whole set of interactions you had to do to get her to survive the encounter with Kai Leng but IIRC if you break up with her she dies regardless of what you do

e) oh yeah, that's right

SubponticatePoster
Aug 9, 2004

Every day takes figurin' out all over again how to fuckin' live.
Slippery Tilde

precision posted:

Couldn't you ask them about their gender and then have them tell you off for being an insensitive rear end in a top hat? Honestly can't remember if that was written well or eyerolly
You could be an rear end in a top hat about it, be cool about it, or just ignore it altogether.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Alain Post posted:

You could romance Miranda. If you broke up with her in ME3 she died because she got emotional, as women are wont to do.

This is good, because the only other way to get her killed is to willingly turn down Content

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Kurieg posted:

It's actually hilarious because it's super easy to get Miranda killed in ME3 when she spent all of ME2 being near invincible (including coming back from the dead on a certain section).

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > ME: Andromeda - Go ahead and grind your cooter on it

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

exquisite tea posted:

It's actually hilarious because it's super easy to get Miranda killed in ME3 when she spent all of ME2 being near invincible (including coming back from the dead on a certain section).

She's facing up against Kai Leng, who is very strong.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Sombrerotron posted:

Given that she was both black and bald, I have a sneaking suspicion that the majority did not care very much.

probaly, i know they made mods to umm make her white, same with dorian.

personaly, i didnt care for her because she basically was super selfish and benefited from a lovely system that hosed over mages in mass. though she makes good points about the mages being so caught up in their own struggles that they fail to see how the normal noble or peasent view them.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

2house2fly posted:

This is good, because the only other way to get her killed is to willingly turn down Content

I like getting her killed because the scene at the Cerberus-run refugee camp doesn't make very much sense if she survives.

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

AngryBooch posted:

They relaunched Star Wars and Star Trek and then Guardians of the Galaxy. Space is crowded.

This poison game is making Space too loving crowded.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The blandest deal in Coupons right now:

Evil Badman posted:

Xbox One, Ghost Recon Wildlands, Mass Effect Andromeda $300:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B06XPN5V97

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
god i wish this open world poo poo would just die already, but with HZD and BotW knocking it out of the park, apparently, and some probably good games like the new Mordor in developement, there is no reason to think that devs will stop trying to ride their coattails and cramming their games full of useless repetetive "content" just for the sake of making the game bigger

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Alain Post posted:

Kai Leng is a really powerful dude, he once fought a terminally ill old man and almost won, then won that other time when he literally entered cheat codes into his omni-tool.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Alain Post posted:

Hey man, it's his cereal, you just don't know it yet.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Nazzadan posted:

It's actually incredible restraint on Bioware's part.

The sex robot isn't the AI, it's just a puppet the AI takes control of sometimes. Sort of a prosthesis.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
If you don't think there were people mad that EDI wasn't a romance option, uh... well... don't Google it is all I'm saying.

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Grey Fox posted:

Bioware needs to introduce a new age in a post-"see that mountain? you can go there!" era. I was thinking too small earlier.

Mass Effect dating sim with full genital interaction with EVERYTHING.

See that fish tank? You can stick your dick in it. See that control console? Go ahead and grind your cooter on it. Objectify everything and everyone, with no downsides to your abhorrent behavior.

See this computer with SFM loaded with a nude Miranda Lawson model on screen? You could take the GPU out and rub it on your clit. You could also stick all four sticks of RAM in your butt. And who can forget sticking your dick in the cooling product.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

precision posted:

You can't gently caress EDI though. Check and mate.

Yes, EDI will only gently caress the physical and emotional cripple, a bitter, sarcastic loner who maintains a fragile self respect through technical skill. He's a sad sack who no one else would gently caress until the super hot, incredibly smart and logical, but even more emotionally confused and unique chick came along.

Truly this must have enraged the typical Bioware customer who was completely unable to empathize with this unrealistic sex fantasy situation.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

RottenK posted:

god i wish this open world poo poo would just die already, but with HZD and BotW knocking it out of the park, apparently, and some probably good games like the new Mordor in developement, there is no reason to think that devs will stop trying to ride their coattails and cramming their games full of useless repetetive "content" just for the sake of making the game bigger

eh you can say this about any annoying gaming trend. World of Warcraft created an industry of wow-killers that ironically killed themselves.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Alain Post posted:

I like getting her killed because the scene at the Cerberus-run refugee camp doesn't make very much sense if she survives.

I got her killed when I played ME3 the first time, and it was a good Big Sad Moment going into the endgame

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
hedrigall, i'm sorry that you did not get catflaps mcgee as you wished :smith:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

2house2fly posted:

I got her killed when I played ME3 the first time, and it was a good Big Sad Moment going into the endgame

What even happens if she survives, she's clearly hurt bad so do you just like leave her there

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Dapper_Swindler posted:

probaly, i know they made mods to umm make her white, same with dorian.
Haha Jesus Christ

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

It was a joke about not recognizing the most obvious sex possibility character as an option . It's a reference to how goons miss social cues . however I forgot goons also spreadsheet sex possibilities in video games .

GRINDCORE MEGGIDO
Feb 28, 1985

Alain Post posted:

What even happens if she survives, she's clearly hurt bad so do you just like leave her there

She never survived ME2 for me, intentionally.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
also, lmao at the hot girls have TITS AND rear end all over the place but vetra remains in her armor the whole time

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Number Ten Cocks posted:

Yes, EDI will only gently caress the physical and emotional cripple, a bitter, sarcastic loner who maintains a fragile self respect through technical skill. He's a sad sack who no one else would gently caress until the super hot, incredibly smart and logical, but even more emotionally confused and unique chick came along.

Truly this must have enraged the typical Bioware customer who was completely unable to empathize with this unrealistic sex fantasy situation.
That's the second time on one page that someone's repeating my point, what the dickens people

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Alain Post posted:

She's not hurt that bad if she survives.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

buglord posted:

eh you can say this about any annoying gaming trend. World of Warcraft created an industry of wow-killers that ironically killed themselves.

oh yeah i know that gaming always suffers from this poo poo, i just want the trend to shift to something less terrible than open world because poorly done open world drags games down real well

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

RottenK posted:

oh yeah i know that gaming always suffers from this poo poo, i just want the trend to shift to something less terrible than open world because poorly done open world drags games down real well

good news Ghost Recon Wildlands looks like it's a bust

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Alain Post posted:

good news Ghost Recon Wildlands looks like it's a bust

that looked moderately exciting but oh well~

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Milky Moor posted:

hedrigall, i'm sorry that you did not get catflaps mcgee as you wished :smith:

Thank you. I'm empty inside and will probably need months of therapy to get over this but I'll survive

Not sure if I should try for Jaal as fryder or go for Vetra instead just to wash my hands of this betrayal completely

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Hedrigall posted:

Thank you. I'm empty inside and will probably need months of therapy to get over this but I'll survive

Not sure if I should try for Jaal as fryder or go for Vetra instead just to wash my hands of this betrayal completely

hit me up bro

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

Sombrerotron posted:

That's the second time on one page that someone's repeating my point, what the dickens people

Phone posting takes a while.