Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Kirios posted:

Also Blastermaster Zero's really good you should totally get that!

Fast RMX is kinda overrated, don't get that though.

Fast RMX is scratching an itch I didn't know I had, so I'd recommend it, personally!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
Is Fast RMX like Wipeout or F-Zero or Neither? Are there any weird mechanics?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

ddogflex posted:

They're all complete loving garbage though. So there is that. You're much better off emulating it on anything that can emulate a Genesis. Unfortunately no one even makes a decent fake Genesis controller (ala the iBuffalo SNES controller).

Even Nintendo knows you should just emulate the games yourself, that's why they have stolen rom copies of games for their own products.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

whaley posted:

Is Fast RMX like Wipeout or F-Zero or Neither? Are there any weird mechanics?

From videos it seems more like a high-speed Wipeout to me. As for weird mechanics, boosts and energy are colored either blue or orange and you have to turn the appropriate color to use it.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Nalin posted:

From videos it seems more like a high-speed Wipeout to me.

the gently caress did you just say

Phantom class wants a word with you.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Intel&Sebastian posted:

the gently caress did you just say

Phantom class wants a word with you.

The large vehicles, narrow courses, the style of jumps, and the camera movement in general just doesn't seem very F-Zero to me. Sorry, I just think it is closer to Wipeout in that regard. From watching videos online, it just doesn't look that palatable to me.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Fast RMX is a cool game for $20. Just sitting down with my coworkers and playing a few races during our lunch hour made it worth it.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It finally happened to me. My brother put my joycon strap on backwards.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
F-Zero can eat my butt, I'm saying how dare you call anything a high speed version of a game that started here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S0KekznGUE

and got faster as time went on

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
I get a faster feeling driving on the freeway than watching that video, sorry.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
but i'm dummy thicc
Have fun playing RMX on the freeway then

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

I can't tell the difference between wipeout and f-zero and fast rmx so I'll just play whichever one is available on my handheld gaming computer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The difference is that F-Zero is dead and Wipeout is still alive, also Fast RMX is alive too so it's really just F-Zero that's dead.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Dr Cheeto posted:

How does this happen. The sides are LABELED.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Nalin posted:

I get a faster feeling driving on the freeway than watching that video, sorry.

Turn your car and/or monitor on.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Labels are not an all inclusive solution to human error, no matter how convincing or commanding they might be written

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
I played Zelda for 90 minutes on the treadmill today, with the Switch propped up safely to the front and the joycons in their grips. I didn't feel comfortable going faster than at a brisk walk pace (3 mph), but I was able to play without a problem. Goddamn do I love this console.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Dr Cheeto posted:

Have fun with permanent wiggle.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

KingSlime posted:

Labels are not an all inclusive solution to human error, no matter how convincing or commanding they might be written

while true I really want to know what goes through your head when you slide the grip past the point where it lines up with the controller like "oh yeah this is perfectly normal obviously"

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
personally, and this may be an extreme opinion, i think maybe the wrist straps just shouldnt physically be able to be put on the way round which damages them

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
It seems like it should have been possible to engineer a design that couldn't be slid on backwards but what do I know. The affected joycon seems no worse for it, anyhow.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Wipeout / F-Zero + Ridge Racer x 1/2Ikaruga = Fast RMX

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 20 hours!
does fast rmx have weapons?

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

No. You spin people out if you boost into them. And cars have weight affecting that. And it doesn't hurt much. If you boost it recovers a spin. If you don't you just lose acceleration for a second. Crashing is lenient too boost immediatley to be back in the race. I'm convinced there are some places that if you crash it HELPS you.

Boost is a recovery device. Save some boost.

Stux posted:

personally, and this may be an extreme opinion, i think maybe the wrist straps just shouldnt physically be able to be put on the way round which damages them

The Note 3 phone had its stylus able to be put in backwards. Where it got permanently stuck.

The note 4 you cannot put it it backwards.

You are 100% correct. The fact that you CAN to it wrong is a design flaw. I expect it to be fixed in the switch lite.

Bombadilillo fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Mar 21, 2017

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I'd probably compare Fast RMX more to Extreme G than Wipeout, really.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

I haven't tried it yet, but in Hero Mode your boost bar doubles as your HP bar, so once I get decent at the game I can destroy my opponents and win by default.

Pity there aren't 30 opponents.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Bombadilillo posted:

No. You spin people out if you boost into them. And cars have weight affecting that. And it doesn't hurt much. If you boost it recovers a spin. If you don't you just lose acceleration for a second. Crashing is lenient too boost immediatley to be back in the race. I'm convinced there are some places that if you crash it HELPS you.

The Note 3 phone had its stylus able to be put in backwards. Where it got permanently stuck.

You are 100% correct. The fact that you CAN to it wrong is a design flaw. I expect it to be fixed in the switch lite.

Only if they can make wriststraps that aren't able to go on the existing rails backwards. Changing the joycon or switch rails would mean multiple joycon lines that are not compatible with different Switch versions.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Stux posted:

get your extreme hell-opinions out of here, god

(i do not disagree with the opinion that it should be explicitly impossible to put things together in a way which damages them, but that does not make me wonder any less at the people who manage to put things together in a hellaciously wrong manner)

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Fast RMX isn't Wipeout because there are no weapons. It's more of a F-Zero thing.

But really, they're all futuristic racing games.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bombadilillo posted:

And the Note 5 you can put it in backwards, and if you pull it back out it breaks a little sensor in the phone

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

Lemming posted:

And the Note 5 you can put it in backwards, and if you pull it back out it breaks a little sensor in the phone

And I had to smuggle my note 7 out of El salvador. But thats neither here not there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

They should make a new Waverace for the Nintendo Switch.

It's true.

Nintendo has good water.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon
The Galaxy Note series is proof-positive that even big monolithic companies seem to have very little idea what they're doing at times.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

bloodychill posted:

The Galaxy Note series is proof-positive that even big monolithic companies seem to have very little idea what they're doing at times.

more like "monolithic companies view QA departments as an expense and not a necessary investment"

you could literally hand some of these things to a 3 year old and they would find glaringly obvious design flaws

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

more like "monolithic companies view QA departments as an expense and not a necessary investment"

you could literally hand some of these things to a 3 year old and they would find glaringly obvious design flaws

Often that's the best way to do so.

minute
Jul 31, 2003

Dr Cheeto posted:

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone gets it wrong. You always slide it in from the top on either side. In addition to the visibly marked +/- signs.

It's still incredibly stupid that the rails weren't designed to reject the straps from going on backwards in the first place though.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
Exciting Lemon

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Trust me, that problems runs down all the way to small companies too.

minute
Jul 31, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Trust me, that problems runs down all the way to small companies too.

Usually more so, tbh. It's just less frequently reported because smaller companies tend to have smaller numbers of users.

sleepness
Feb 9, 2006

Is there a guide for idiots/newbies to afterbirth? I have no idea what all these things do or even how to use them and sometimes I'll get things that modify my attack and then I'll get some magical fingers thing that I have no idea what it does oh god please help. The game is fun though and is a great addition to the switch as I could not get into Isaac sitting on my PC but as a portable, it's fantastic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

sleepness posted:

Is there a guide for idiots/newbies to afterbirth? I have no idea what all these things do or even how to use them and sometimes I'll get things that modify my attack and then I'll get some magical fingers thing that I have no idea what it does oh god please help. The game is fun though and is a great addition to the switch as I could not get into Isaac sitting on my PC but as a portable, it's fantastic

platinumgod.co.uk

• Locked thread