Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

zimbomonkey posted:

What the gently caress even is elite character? Is he compelled to help every old lady he sees cross the street? If he passes a burning building does he always run in to save the family pet? Does his skin lack melanin? Does he volunteer for every church bake sale?

These days it probably means "only rapes twice a year"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ben Nevis posted:

How does Nathan Peterman compare to someone like, say, Tom Savage?

they both went to Pitt and they're both poo poo

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

Peterman was at Tennessee before Pitt and couldn't cut it there so he went to Pitt.

creamcorn
Oct 26, 2007

automatic gun for fast, continuous firing
I found a name better than Corn Elder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Downwind).

He's been dead half a century, but I think he's still worth a look.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

creamcorn posted:

I found a name better than Corn Elder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xavier_Downwind).

He's been dead half a century, but I think he's still worth a look.

His dad was no slouch in the name game, either

"The son of James Mayshuckkence Downwind..."

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I think it bears repeating that the Texans have a kicker named John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Abugadu posted:

Probably not as much as you'd think. McCaffrey is weak as poo poo but still ran amazingly fast in pads when he was on the field. If pads were that big of a gamechanger, his 40 would have to be much lower, imo.

I think you missed my point. McCaffrey is equally fast in and out of pads. My question is about what difference there would be between the two. And more importantly, how is that rate of difference measured between players. Aread they all equally affected by wearing pads or does it affect some more than others?

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Daltos, is Solomon Thomas the second coming of Justin Smith? I just watched his tape from North Carolina and the dude is just relentless and makes both the Guard and Tackle look like High School players with the way he was going through and around them. The fact that they needed a back to chip a 5 technique defensive end says a lot about Thomas... (also say something about their outside backers as well)

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Joey Freshwater posted:

Peterman was at Tennessee before Pitt and couldn't cut it there so he went to Pitt.

Tom Savage was at Rutgers before Pitt and lost his job to Chas Dodd.

CHAS DODD

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Fun Tom Savage fact: being taken as a supplemental fourth round pick makes him the highest pick the Texans have taken a QB with since 2003

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Alaois posted:

CHAS DODD

still somehow better than osweiler

Asproigerosis
Mar 13, 2013

insufferable
I'd hope every team of character has taken mcaffrey off their board ever since he loving quit on his team and skipped the bowl game because he was scared of hurting his draft stock. That's a far more egregious poor character decision than weed citations or jilted thot police complaints.

Alaois posted:

Joe Flacco couldn't beat out Tyler Palko at Pitt so he transferred to a lower division scrub school. Elite decision making.

Asproigerosis fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Mar 21, 2017

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Asproigerosis posted:

I'd hope every team of character has taken mcaffrey off their board ever since he loving quit on his team and skipped the bowl game because he was scared of hurting his draft stock. That's a far more egregious poor character decision than weed citations or jilted thot police complaints.

Fournette's going to ride the same decision to a top 10 and possibly top 5 selection.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cam Newton couldn't beat out Tim Tebow so he transferred to Blinn

Savage really does stink though

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Intruder posted:

I think it bears repeating that the Texans have a kicker named John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn

Did you type that out or copy / paste it

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Kirios posted:

Lol if you can't spell John Christian Ka'iminoeauloameka'ikeokekumupa'a Fairbairn

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Ben Nevis posted:

How does Nathan Peterman compare to someone like, say, Tom Savage?

Pitt alumni here. Savage has a howitzer arm with no accuracy and Peterman has an Alex Smith arm, and accuracy issues

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Kirios posted:

Typed it out from memory obviously

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Alaois posted:

CHAS DODD

Savage got hurt and pissed off Schiano so he chased him out of town.

Wiccan Wasteland posted:

Daltos, is Solomon Thomas the second coming of Justin Smith? I just watched his tape from North Carolina and the dude is just relentless and makes both the Guard and Tackle look like High School players with the way he was going through and around them. The fact that they needed a back to chip a 5 technique defensive end says a lot about Thomas... (also say something about their outside backers as well)

Yeah he keeps getting that Justin Smith comparison. Could work. I can actually see him standing up and shedding some weight at the next level just as easily as him bulking up more and trying to play the 5-tech.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Intruder posted:

Cam Newton couldn't beat out Tim Tebow so he transferred to Blinn

Savage really does stink though

That's not accurate though he was a freshman with absolutely horrible accuracy while Tebow was the best college player in the past like 10 years

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Asproigerosis posted:

Jake Butt tore his ACL in a meaningless bowl game and he probably won't be the first TE off the board thanks to that. McCaffrey and Fournette made the right choice to not injure themselves in games that made millions for everyone but themselves. I think first rounders playing high contact positions are smart to skip it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Amy Pole Her posted:

That's not accurate though he was a freshman with absolutely horrible accuracy while Tebow was the best college player in the past like 10 years

Tebow was just a higher profile Collin Klein

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Metapod posted:

Tebow was just a higher profile Collin Klein

The hottest take, and hell... it might have merit.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Doltos posted:

Savage got hurt and pissed off Schiano so he chased him out of town.

He really does suck though

I mean check out these throws in his "moment of glory" game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPL1Skq1d0

Especially check out how he almost gets Nuk killed at 2:03

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Mar 21, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Intruder posted:

He really does suck though

I mean check out these throws in his "moment of glory" game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrPL1Skq1d0

Especially check out how he almost gets Nuk killed at 2:03

To be fair college and the NFL are two different beasts.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

The hottest take, and hell... it might have merit.

How many shots of bloody Tebow elbows exist? This is important for the comparison.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Chichevache posted:

Jake Butt tore his ACL in a meaningless bowl game and he probably won't be the first TE off the board thanks to that. McCaffrey and Fournette made the right choice to not injure themselves in games that made millions for everyone but themselves. I think first rounders playing high contact positions are smart to skip it.

If I had to guess, I bet McCaffrey would have played in the Orange Bowl.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I want the Browns to draft an Amaizeing player, a real old school throwback. Anyone like that in this years draft?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Michael Corleone posted:

I want the Browns to draft an Amaizeing player, a real old school throwback. Anyone like that in this years draft?

corn elder

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I've talked myself into wanting the Texans to draft Pat Mahomes, god help me

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

I want Miami to draft corn or taco

are there any other food names this year

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Ehud posted:

I want Miami to draft corn or taco

are there any other food names this year

Jake Butt, depending if you nasty.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Bigass Moth posted:

Jake Butt, depending if you nasty.

:haw:

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Teams are already starting to tank for 3 years from now when Kobe Buffalomeat is draft eligible. Gonna be more blatant than the Suck for Luck shenanigans.

B.F. Hoodrich
May 16, 2006
welp

Ehud posted:

corn elder

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
why in gods name are the bears looking at reuben foster, that's like the one spot they don't need help

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

mastershakeman posted:

why in gods name are the bears looking at reuben foster, that's like the one spot they don't need help

It's a food name though.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtzkV7dEaE8&t=123s

Mitchell apparently not knowing what a hard count is

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The jets are going to draft him and he's going to be Bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Michael Corleone posted:

Teams are already starting to tank for 3 years from now when Kobe Buffalomeat is draft eligible. Gonna be more blatant than the Suck for Luck shenanigans.

Dive for Darnold

• Locked thread