Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

quote:

5. We’re open to meeting your other friends. Just let us know ahead of time that we’ll be meeting new people so we can mentally prepare ourselves to socialize.

I need 10 hours minimum and a full dossier on all of your friends if I can ever be expected to interact like a human instead of wordlessly staring at them from behind potted plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catberry
Feb 17, 2017

♫ Most certainly ♫

A new form of protest sweeping the world by storm. Destined to bring the power of change by being out of the way, quiet and not inconveniencing anyone.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Yawgmoth posted:

It's kind of funny how people take the Meyers-Briggs thing so seriously when most (all) of the questions are about as thought out as the questions in a "which game of thrones character are you" quiz on facebook.

My boss asked if I wanted to take a multi-session workshop on management and leadership skills. Session one was all about taking the Myers-Briggs test and analyzing the results. I said no.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

queserasera posted:

My boss asked if I wanted to take a multi-session workshop on management and leadership skills. Session one was all about taking the Myers-Briggs test and analyzing the results. I said no.

It's useful in that "some people process the world differently than yourself" can be novel information for some folks. :aaa: A TJ trying to beep boop a FP isn't going to get anywhere, and they will both be frustrated by the attempt. The type framework can provide tools for interacting with others.

It only becomes insufferable when people try to adopt their 'type' as a special snowflake identity and excuse for any bad behavior.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Oh good. Is the "War on Easter" a thing now?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Catberry posted:

A new form of protest sweeping the world by storm. Destined to bring the power of change by being out of the way, quiet and not inconveniencing anyone.

~6 months later~

POLICE ATTACK PROTESTERS FOR DISTURBING SILENT PROTEST. ONE OFFICER WAS HORRIFIED AT WHAT HE SAW AS "SOMETHING OUT OF A HORROR FILM"

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
:qq: Their lack of blinking will just make tear gas that much more effective on them!

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

Catberry posted:

This sort of thing is perfect for perverts with a thing for group fart suppression.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
That annoys me even more because I can 100% see the dickbag excuses for police attacking them as well "Well, you see a bunch of people just standing there, you're not gonna think they're gonna attack?"

"Protesters are blocking people from walking, inconvenience doesn't help your struggle!"

Look guys I'm all for gay rights but ugh you're making my walk to Taco Bell slightly less convenient!

Also loving LOL at "more efficient protesting".

That just tells me it's written by the worst kind of dork who has literally no understanding of history of how change happens.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

OldTennisCourt posted:

"Protesters are blocking people from walking, inconvenience doesn't help your struggle!"

Look guys I'm all for gay rights but ugh you're making my walk to Taco Bell slightly less convenient!

The very first thing I thought within the first second of seeing that image was "someone has a serious bug up their butt about those uppity Black Lives Matter protestors.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!

Ularg posted:

Are we talking about one of the parody MAGA hats or does the hat you have actually say "Make America Great Again"? If so, why? Honestly curious, knockoff or not.

A friend of mine gave me a Trump mask because she didn't think it fit well on her so I got the whole costume. This is someone who didn't vote, of course.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Catberry posted:

I doubt this would work simply because potential protestors will be bored. It's hard to get people upset enough to get off the couch and attend a protest at all. The shouting and being naughty ads a bit of excitement. And getting all amped up from the energy of the crowd can be a kind of high. You're doing Good, but you're also being entertained.

"Lets all stand quietly like we're waiting for the bus, except without looking at our phones" isn't going to be a big draw.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Geocities Homepage King posted:

Gonna go out on a limb and say this one's satire:
https://twitter.com/EasterWatch/status/843911054837121024
There's probably some genuine twitter Easter warriors out there though.

Ailumao
Nov 4, 2004

Mak0rz posted:

The INFJ Myers-Briggs type is the copyright holder for... wait, what exactly?

It's the rarest type according to most distributions so it means this person is very special.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Catberry posted:

Are you saying non-violent protesting is ineffective?

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Violence isn't the only way to inconvenience people. In fact non violent is usually more inconvenient.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

Non-disruptive protest sure is.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Zesty Crab Legs posted:

why do you think "non-violent protesting" and "not inconveniencing anyone" are synonyms, do you just not know anything about the history of protest movements and the meanings of common words and phrases or what

people standing in the road is a non-violent protest and it inconveniences people, which is the point

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Catberry posted:

Someone link these dumbfucks to the Night of Terror. Nonviolent protest sure did cause the police not to bother those ladies!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

"Sometimes I like the company of others, sometimes I need alone time. I'm super special, there's barely anyone in the world like me!"

-An idiot

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Serious question: Are there 'extrovert' groups for the special snowflakes that don't like being told to sit down and shut up?

"Stop trying to shame me for being an extrovert! I will scream and run around and tell loud stories about myself at Granny's funeral if I like, it's all part of who I am. You're just like the rest of the into-normies. you don't understand."

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
The guy who made that, if he lived in the during the Civil Right's Movement: "UGH Wow, just taking seats even though you're not being served anything? Hey guys, I appreciate what you're trying to do and all but I'm hungry and want to eat! This sit-in thing is really inconvenient and in no way helps your struggle"

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

BrigadierSensible posted:

Serious question: Are there 'extrovert' groups for the special snowflakes that don't like being told to sit down and shut up?

"Stop trying to shame me for being an extrovert! I will scream and run around and tell loud stories about myself at Granny's funeral if I like, it's all part of who I am. You're just like the rest of the into-normies. you don't understand."

Ohh, that would be good. ADD isn't real! It's made up to shame and drug extroverts!

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
The extroverts don't need that kind of group because they're out there living fulfilled, happy lives and not writing nonsense like that on the internet, goes the thinking

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Catberry posted:

"You should protest in a way that doesn't inconvenience me and that I can easily ignore." Brought to you by the group that thought that silently kneeling during the national anthem was an unacceptable form of protest.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Naked force has resolved more conflicts throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence doesn't solve anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always die.

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!

oldpainless posted:

Naked force has resolved more conflicts throughout history than any other factor. The contrary opinion, that violence doesn't solve anything, is wishful thinking at its worst. People who forget that always die.

More like oldarmless.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

I've just accepted that I lean more towards Malcolm X than Dr King and am mentally ready to shot nazis if we go civil war 2 up in this bitch :black101:

HairyManling
Jul 20, 2011

No flipping.
Fun Shoe

Poor Miserable Gurgi posted:

More like oldarmless.
Ahahahahahaha

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Stoatbringer posted:

I had to go and check that this wasn't a spoof. :psypop:

Oh, you sweet summer child...

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Facebook Aunt posted:

It only becomes insufferable when people try to adopt their 'type' as a special snowflake identity and excuse for any bad behavior.

But they are the rarest of snowflakes, the small fraction of asocial dorks who are so inept they can't grasp that their more social friends already pick up on and have consideration for their need to be alone sometimes, but aren't too petrified to never leave the house.

swampland
Oct 16, 2007

Dear Mr Cave, if you do not release the bats we will be forced to take legal action

It sucks that the government is forcing these people to wear the racist clown hat

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Deceitful Penguin posted:

The extroverts don't need that kind of group because they're out there living fulfilled, happy lives and not writing nonsense like that on the internet, goes the thinking

'I would've gone to the Inauguration but I had A JOB!" eh?

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Geocities Homepage King posted:

The alt-right's been pretty amped up about it for the last couple years. Breitbart and Joe Walsh appear to get decent traffic every year complaining about people doing literally anything other than going to church on Easter Sunday, and I remember people whining last year about Cadbury's eggs not having "Easter egg" printed on the package (they do). Apparently this year instead of "Easter isn't printed on the package!" it's people not understanding what "halal" means. :rolleyes:

That said, that EasterWatch twitter is mocking the "war on Easter" people, not contributing to it.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

I assumed it was someone taking the "war on Christmas" thing to it's logical extreme. For example the next one will be a "war on lent", or "war on shrove tuesday" etc.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Stop the War on St Crispins Day :colbert:

Idiots on Social Media: I'm not actually the Hamburglar

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

TinTower posted:

Stop the War on St Crispins Day :colbert:

Idiots on Social Media: I'm not actually the Hamburglar

:robble:

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(

BrigadierSensible posted:

Yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/GlennThrush/status/843996354854752258

https://twitter.com/PressSec/status/844008683122147329

I don't know, Spice Sean, maybe they were looking at your twitter pic?