Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NienNunb posted:

I haven't watched a PWG show since oatgan stopped playing them in PSP-TV. I hope it's still as cool and good as it was in 2014!

It is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Interestingly Dave Prazak has said he is unable to book Toni Storm for Shimmer as "all of the Progress talent is required to be elsewhere at that time on April 1st". Shimmer show is at noon and there doesn't seem to be anything announced that would require everybody. Have to think this is WWE related.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Probably working matches at Axxess

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Too bad everyone lost their free Wrestle Circus tickets! Now they can't see the new 24/7 champion, r/squaredcircle, defend its title!

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/841875812919988224

...yep

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Probably working matches at Axxess

Seems unlikely unless they announce Progress going on the network before Mania. Maybe shooting material for promotional videos and such?

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
I have finally started watching PROGRESS from vol. 1 and oh my god 2012 Marty Scurll.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Deathlove posted:

I have finally started watching PROGRESS from vol. 1 and oh my god 2012 Marty Scurll.

Is that back when he was "Party" Marty Scurll?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Seems unlikely unless they announce Progress going on the network before Mania. Maybe shooting material for promotional videos and such?

I wanna say Dave already mentioned it being likely.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I wanna say Dave already mentioned it being likely.

Which part? Them (and ICW) going on the Network seems a done deal at this point. What I meant is that I don't think WWE would use them at Axxess before the deal is publicly announced, which they of course could do, but they tend to want everything focused on Mania this time of year.

They hold a conference call a day or two after Mania to announce the network numbers (so they can give them out when they are at the peak), and I wouldn't be surprised if these deals and probably the women's tournament is announced there.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Which part? Them (and ICW) going on the Network seems a done deal at this point. What I meant is that I don't think WWE would use them at Axxess before the deal is publicly announced, which they of course could do, but they tend to want everything focused on Mania this time of year.

They hold a conference call a day or two after Mania to announce the network numbers (so they can give them out when they are at the peak), and I wouldn't be surprised if these deals and probably the women's tournament is announced there.

Axxess and I'm speaking of all the progress dudes who are already publicly under contract

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

Axxess and I'm speaking of all the progress dudes who are already publicly under contract

But Prazak's quote was about ALL Progress talent, not just the WWEUK guys.

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

I hope they shoot a Progress vs NXT invasion angle now that both are on the network.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
Well, even in the priority 1 group, I got bumped off the list for the Wrestle Circus show. Now they're tweeting about how all the SXSW sponsors who told them, "no thanks," are missing out by not having the hottest platform, a reddit subform, to advertise on.

https://twitter.com/WrestleCircus/status/842160994885500929

DeNomolos fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Mar 16, 2017

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is that back when he was "Party" Marty Scurll?

It is, and it is glorious.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Someone tell Wrestle Circus the best way to catch attention for their show at SXSW is to put up posters. Posters close to anywhere people piss, which in Austin is just about anywhere on 6th street except an actual bathroom

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The top two matches for the FIP show on Sunday afternoon before Mania look really good.

Eight Man Tag Team Chaos
AR Fox, Sami Callihan, Dave Crist & ??? vs. Sammy Guevara, ACH, Keith Lee & Michael Elgin

FIP World Heavyweight Title Match
Fred Yehi defends vs. Dezmond Xavier

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

AAW was on FIRE tonight. Easily the best show I've seen since I've stared going.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/FOWRadio/status/842987005885779968

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

aaw!!!!!! I didn't think this was one of their absolute best shows of the last couple years, but there was definitely a lot to like. it went a little long and I didn't drink plus I also think I'm one of the few people that prefers Bourbon Street to the Eagles Club. you don't get as many stupid chants at bourbon street

Full standing room sell-out. Show opened with Beretta/Chuck Taylor vs. Dave/Jake Crist. This was a semi-final match-up in a thrown-together tournament for the tag titles. Andrew Everett and Trevor Lee were the champs, but over the last two months they've been using one or the other with Jack Evans as their partner. Then Everett got pulled from this show and AAW said they were stripping them of the belts. I would have to call this match a bit sloppy. Beretta and Taylor have their comedy spots but Dave and Jake just seemed out of rhythm. OI4K won with the spike tombstone.

Abyss defeated Homicide with a Black Hole Slam on to thumbtacks. This was a garbage brawl but it's kind of fun seeing Abyss as just as a big rear end in a top hat who gives middle fingers to the crowd and talks trash, instead of some supernatural monster.

Drew Galloway and DJZ went about 12 minutes in a very strong match. They ended up brawling into the crowd and Galloway tossed DJZ against the wall of the building. Galloway is awfully good at working as the big man against valiant little guys. DJZ's offense always looked legit but Galloway could respond by just chucking him across the ring. Galloway won with a spinning Future Shock DDT and I think he must have spun him around 3 or 4 times before planting him. Worth a watch

AR Fox defeated Shane Strickland in about 14 minutes in Strickland's debut. There's a lot to like about Strickland, he makes funny subtle quips during little quiet moments in the match, sort of like ACH, but he also sells intensity and anger really well. Crazy spot here where Fox suspended Shane across the apron and guardrail and then ran up the turnbuckle and moonsaulted on to him. Big "please come back" chants for Strickland after this one.

Penta el 0M and ACH wrestled for the latter's AAW Heritage title. Penta was very over and someone in the crowd had brought a Mexican noisemaker thingy which tends to happen at these Berwyn shows. ACH was basically being a cocky heel and not respecting Penta which kind of telegraphed the finish: ACH kept saying "CERO JUEVOS" (I think?) when Penta would do his "Cero Miedo" taunt, so Penta got him with a big kick to the juevos and hit him with a package piledriver to win the belt. Good heat, about 12 minutes.

After intermission, Scarlet & Graves (Dezmond Xavier/Zachary Wentz) defeated Mat Fitchett/Davey Vega to advance to the finals in the tag tournament. Crowd was definitely more familiar with the latter team so there was some disappointment when they didn't win, but OI4K manager JT Davidson then entered and suggested they do the finals right away which got a big pop. Xavier/Wentz accepted but the Crists entered from the rear of the ring and sneak-attacked them, then immediately pinned them with another spike tombstone.

Rey Fenix defeated Trevor Lee with the Mexican Destroyer. I've been down on Trevor Lee though he at least went straight heel here and didn't do the dance-off gimmick. This match was highlighted by Fenix diving off the turnbuckle into about the second or third row of the crowd to hit Trevor, which was absolutely one of the crazier things I've ever seen. Unlike at PWG the first row is behind a guardrail, not right up against the ring, so he got wayyy out there. fenix owns

Kyle O'Reilly made his return next, appropriately on St. Patrick's Day. He and Zack Sabre had a pretty brutal technical battle with lots of painful looking submissions as you would expect! There was also a pretty good "gently caress Donald Trump" chant. O'Reilly verbally submitted after about 16 minutes when Sabre had him wrapped up in that two-armed octopus stretch thing he does. O'Reilly then yelled about there being no shame in losing to the best wrestler in the world and said he'd be back.

Main event was Sami Callihan vs. Low-Ki for the AAW championship. Enjoyed this match much more than I expected to! it was really visceral and really hot throughout. Probably the first 10 minutes of the ~30 minutes they went was all brutal whips to the guardrail. Callihan at one point did a full-speed cross-body suicide dive to Low-Ki as he was against the rail. Callihan caught his head and neck and went right through him and into the crowd, which must have really sucked for both guys but they kept going at it. Once they got into the ring Sami took control and started ripping apart Low-Ki's suit and choking him with his tie. Low-Ki later grabbed Sami right in the mouth and stretched it real wide and they sold it like he'd broken his jaw. They teased that Sami was too injured to continue but then he ripped a sleeve off JT Davidson's shirt and tied a makeshift sling around his head with it. Low-Ki eventually succumbed to interference from Abyss but I thought he might actually win a couple times. Worth a watch even with the gently caress finish, Sami keeps delivering matches that are worthy of the main event

Next month's show is their anniversary event and their debut at JOE'S LIVE

April 8 in Rosemont:
Penta El 0M vs. AR Fox for the Heritage title
Sami Callihan
ACH
Michael Elgin
Rey Fenix
Matt Riddle
John Morrison
Jack Evans
Chuck Taylor
Shane Strickland

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Mar 18, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Low Ki even doing a screwy job is one of the bigger stories this weekend.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
I'm gonna type up a full summary in a second here but yo, the main event at PWG was insane

The CWFH ring announcer was here again this time, I like his enthusiasm but if this becomes a regular gig for him I hope he starts memorizing his intros because using cue cards always comes off as a little bush league.

Brian Cage def. Keith Lee and Sami Callihan. Excalibur announced at the top of the show that Cole was unable to perform due to the surgery he just got (it was cosmetic to fix the bump on his head, but he had subdermal stitches that could apparently cause nasty complications if they ruptured so it was still a bad idea for him to wrestle), so it was decided that Callihan could add himself into a match of his choice anywhere else on the card. Lee and Cage came out for the opening match and then Sami's music hit before the ring announcer started. The mic cut out a couple seconds into his promo but Sami essentially said that he had permission to join any match he wanted and he saw two big fuckers in the ring and didn't feel like waiting. The match was a little sloppy (as to be expected from a match with both Callihan and Cage in it), but it accomplished the goal of getting Lee over huge. People went nuts when he started doing dives and ranas along with the other two. At one point Callihan and Cage superplexed Lee into the ring together, and the ring must have bounced almost a foot. Keith Lee is a very very large man. Cage pinned Lee for the win, fun opener.

Matt Riddle and Jeff Cobb def. OI4K. Not my favorite match of the night, the shine segment had a part where Cobb did his usual brick shithouse antics, which made OI4K's later attempts to get heat fall really flat by comparison. Once it kicked into gear for the finishing stretch it got a lot better, and I started to see why people like the Crists in other promotions after they started doing flipping cutters and poo poo, but the first half was a real slog. Riddle tapped out Dave (I think? I'm not 100% sure which is which) while Cobb grappled with the other one to prevent him from breaking it up.

Lio Rush def. Trevor Lee. Trevor's a guy I used to really like but his heel work is just bad. He still leans into the TNA schtick long after that's gotten any kind of reaction at all (but at least he's not doing Hardy Boyz spots anymore), and the constant posing and poo poo doesn't get good heat, it just completely drags down the pace of his matches. Lio tried his best (and got a good pop for his comebacks and when he unexpectedly won), but it just made me more disappointed I missed the match with Ricochet last month. Lio went for the frog splash off the top, Trevor got his knees up and went for a cradle, and then Lio reversed it for the flash win.

Shane Strickland def. Dezmond Xavier. I had high expectations for this match based on the rave reviews it had gotten elsewhere, and it maybe didn't quite live up to that, but it was still a lot of fun. There were a couple of spots that they clearly didn't execute quite as cleanly as they wanted to (like the standing dragonrana that was all over Twitter after one of their previous matches), but it was still energetic and mostly flowed well. Strickland won after doing some kind of elevated full nelson cradle driver thing, it looked nasty as hell.

Best Friends def. LDRS. This was actually a weirdly old school tag match? Like don't get me wrong, there were still multiple piledriver kickouts and a dive, but Zack and Marty cheated their asses off all match and the whole thing was centered around Trent getting beat up and making a hot tag to Chuck. LDRS are definitely not trying to be 'cool heels' at all, although a large portion of the ladies in the audience definitely still love them. Post-match Marty low blowed both Best Friends and he and Zack beat them down for a little bit, then Marty got on the mic and said that next month he would end this with Chuck one-on-one next month. Chuck took the mic after they left the ring and accepted, but on the condition that it would be a street fight. Trent got the pin on Zack, and Chuck pointed to him and made the belt motion before they headed to the back, so it seems like he's next in line for a title shot, which... I dunno. I definitely understand why Super Dragon would book in that direction, Trent has had a lot of really good singles matches in the company lately and I definitely think he could hold down the main event from a workrate perspective, but the crowd just isn't hungry for him to win the belt like they are with Chuck. Zack's already got the match with Togo next month, so we'll see how it goes.

Penta El 0M and Rey Fenix def. Ricochet and Matt Sydal and the Young Bucks to win the PWG World Tag Team Championship. They announced this as tornado tag rules, presumably to free all participants from even pretending to give a poo poo about legal tags. There was a comedy bit early on that went on a little too long for my tastes (and I usually am in for that more than most), but aside from that it was completely bugnuts from bell to bell. Considering the trios match from BOLA got the full 5 stars from Dave, I would not be at all surprised if this did as well because the action was just as crazy and over the top in the same fashion, if not even more so. There were a couple great false finishes, and the place came unglued when Fenix (I think? it's all a blur) got the pin on Ricochet. I hope everyone involved in this match drank a lot of water afterwards, because holy poo poo it was a mile a minute and not particularly short either.

Fun show, the main event was the only match I would say is worth going out of your way to see but Lee/Rush and OI4K/Cobb and Riddle were the only matches I'd call disappointing.

Grozz Nuy fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Mar 19, 2017

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
The absolute best part of last night was Larry marking out the whole main event.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

This will all lead to chuck winning bola and the belt, you heard it here first

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
gently caress all these other indies

https://twitter.com/GCWrestling_/status/843590927021215745

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

DDT is having a 6 man tag

with the participants dressed as Samurai Warriors characters

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

DDT is having a 6 man tag

with the participants dressed as Samurai Warriors characters

Match of the year, all years

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

PWG just posted the card for Game over, man! Lio Rush - Rey Fenix should be exciting

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.
Game Over, Man card is up:

Lio Rush vs. Rey Fenix
Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb
Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole
Mark Haskins returns vs. Mike Elgin
War Machine debuts vs. Bucks
Reseda Street Fight: Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll
Non-title: Dick Togo vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Much more of a 2016-looking card than the last couple with only one tag match, but those are all cool matchups and it's good to see War Machine finally showing up. Nice to see Haskins making it back out as well now that he's healthy again, I liked his BOLA matches quite a bit and Elgin's an interesting matchup for him. Not sure if I can commit to buying tickets this week though so I might have to sit this show out.

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qOJAicHE_a0

They put the trailer up for the last show already also.

sigmachiev
Dec 31, 2007

Fighting blood excels

Grozz Nuy posted:

Game Over, Man card is up:

Lio Rush vs. Rey Fenix
Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb
Matt Riddle vs. Adam Cole
Mark Haskins returns vs. Mike Elgin
War Machine debuts vs. Bucks
Reseda Street Fight: Chuck Taylor vs. Marty Scurll
Non-title: Dick Togo vs. Zack Sabre Jr.

Much more of a 2016-looking card than the last couple with only one tag match, but those are all cool matchups and it's good to see War Machine finally showing up. Nice to see Haskins making it back out as well now that he's healthy again, I liked his BOLA matches quite a bit and Elgin's an interesting matchup for him. Not sure if I can commit to buying tickets this week though so I might have to sit this show out.

Going to make it three in a row for me. Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb is going to rule, excited to see Dick Togo live, and Chuck vs Scurll should be a lot of fun. Assuming the street fight is the main event?

Also last night's show (Nice Boys) was outstanding. Opening match was awesome and main event was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen live. Can't say best, but between the action and the comedy it was one hell of a deal.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yeah last nights main event ruled because it was six dudes who are really cool doing nothing but the poo poo that makes them really cool.

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

sigmachiev posted:

Going to make it three in a row for me. Keith Lee vs. Jeff Cobb is going to rule, excited to see Dick Togo live, and Chuck vs Scurll should be a lot of fun. Assuming the street fight is the main event?

Also last night's show (Nice Boys) was outstanding. Opening match was awesome and main event was one of the most entertaining matches I've ever seen live. Can't say best, but between the action and the comedy it was one hell of a deal.

I suspect Zack/Togo will be the main since that's a pretty special match. I'd hazard a guess that Lee/Cobb will open, Rush/Fenix will be last match before intermission, and then after intermission will be the street fight, War Machine/Bucks, and Zack/Togo in that order.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug
Just to add my quick AAW thoughts:

Sami Callihan made me love a Low-Ki match in TYOOL 2017 so he continues his hot streak of being the best(est) in the world since the NXT release. I could really do with a match where he doesn't do the Fake X-Throwing, I'm So Hurt thing, it was cool once, now, ehhhhhhhhh. Him taping up his jaw with the electrical tape was pretty great, though.

I am extremely in for the eventual Besties In The World breakup, but they just got new jackets, so that's all going to waste. Wasn't super-hype on them burning the tag-title match on a 38 second match, but what do I know from anything.

Drew Galloway is a very, very strong man, and owes DJZ like, seven dinners for making him look as such.

Abyss called an old lady in the front row an "old bag of bones" and I smile now even thinking about it.

Live wrestling is really good.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Jesús loving christ all those apron spots

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8EQ-9wQRRM

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

rovert posted:

Low Ki doing a job is one of the bigger stories this weekend.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I am really sad about this and hoping for the best.

https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/843965209270194176 https://twitter.com/FightOwensFight/status/843973051985354758

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

what happened :smith:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Chris James 2 posted:

what happened :smith:

Personally don't know. Really can't muster the courage to ask and I don't want to bother those close to him. But he's a pretty heavy set guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Oh goodness I forgot about Galloway throwing DJZ into the wall. :allears: