Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level

Times have moved on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakasPhejCo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Mister Beeg posted:

Does anyone remember "Umbert the Unborn", which was posted here a few times?

The creator just died

Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease causes the brain tissue to degenerate rapidly, and as the disease destroys the brain, the brain develops holes and the texture changes to resemble that of a kitchen sponge.

dang

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Mister Beeg posted:

The creator just died

I remember it, but I was not a fan.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

I'm not going to take a lecture about elitism from a guy in front of a map of the globe hung on his wall.

Edit: One time a Dega was thrown out so I guess he's the worst.

HootTheOwl fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Mar 21, 2017

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

oddium posted:

Creutzfeldt–Jakob disease causes the brain tissue to degenerate rapidly, and as the disease destroys the brain, the brain develops holes and the texture changes to resemble that of a kitchen sponge.

dang

I had a friend who died of that several years back. It was painful to watch a vital, intelligent man in his 50s turn into a crouched-over man who didn't know much. I'm not familiar with this comic strip, but I'm sad to hear that he died from such a terrible disease.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Rowe:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Does that remind anyone of this?

Brass Key
Sep 15, 2007

Attention! Something tremendous has happened!

oddium posted:

dang

I thought "isn't that the one that's transmissible by cannibalism?" and yes, yes it is.

Prion diseases will gently caress your poo poo sideways.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Mister Beeg posted:

The creator just died
Ah, that was me.

I had known of Umbert prior to posting here, but he was hard to post on the regular since he didn't post daily to the site.

This is, presumably, the last strip. It's dated 2016, so I assume this was last year's March and his illness put an end to Umbert.

if you're feeling bad about his death, then remember that he was an rear end in a top hat whose life's work was a lovely newspaper wannabe comic that endeavored to strip rights from women.
Also he was a big Playstation fanboy.

He hated gay people, natch.

He was even against frozen embryos, allowing otherwise infertile people the ability to have children.

A good right-wing soldier, he regurgitated the typical talking points.

Seriously: gently caress this guy.

He also did political cartoons for a local paper at one point, but they seem to have been lost to the ages. But there's your obit megapost for Gary Cangemi. He was a fucker who made the world a slightly worse place, and I'm glad he's dead.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I know nothing about medicine, could increased stem cell research have helped him?

I'm just looking for some irony, I hope it's there!

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug
I kept reading "Unborn" as "Unicorn." Consider me thoroughly disappointed.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

This is, presumably, the last strip. It's dated 2016, so I assume this was last year's March and his illness put an end to Umbert.
How long has this pregnancy gone for? :stare:

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Trapezium Dave posted:

How long has this pregnancy gone for? :stare:

Kid looks to be about five.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Jay Rust posted:

I know nothing about medicine, could increased stem cell research have helped him?

I'm just looking for some irony, I hope it's there!
Unlikely, given it's brain tissue, but neurology has a long ways to go.

However, stem cells can be used to grow organs for more ethical ways to experiment and test treatments.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Ask/tell me about legal cannibalism

From what I've read, the real prion issues in cannibalism come from mainly a persons head being consumed, because of the contact with brain. There was also one article I read that suggested a possibility that a certain tribe in New Guinea, I believe, had built up an immunity to prion-related diseases because of years of cannibalism.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

:stonkhat:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

They did an X-Files episode about it.

Trapezium Dave
Oct 22, 2012

David Pope:

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
So what is legal cannibalism cause I know a few rich people....

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

He probably got it from eating babies.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

World Famous W posted:

So what is legal cannibalism cause I know a few rich people....

Technically, "cannibalism" is legally defined as the consumption of dead human flesh, to paraphrase. Now, legally, you can't dig up somebody's body and grill it, you can't kill somebody, etc. But, there aren't, in most western countries, explicit cannibalism laws, it's just "obstructed" by laws already in place, like no murder, no defiling corpses. So, that German dude who hosed and ate a guy, even if he had his consent, he still killed him via blood loss, and he defiled the corpse. That's generally how it goes in most countries. If you want to eat some long pig, you need a consenting adult, who will cut off their OWN limb(s), you can't cause the injury yourself, and they must not die from the injury. As far as I know, this is the legal way to cannibalize.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Wasn't the counterargument for that "the very fact that you consented to this shows you aren't mentally fit to give consent for much of anything"?

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

MechaCrash posted:

Wasn't the counterargument for that "the very fact that you consented to this shows you aren't mentally fit to give consent for much of anything"?

A man can dream.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
That doesn't help me legally kill and eat the rich though. Such is life.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

are you defending lester? have you seen his cartoons wo/man

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
One year ago today: Castro and Obama trade barbs over human rights

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

MechaCrash posted:

I just had a thought, what if it was a 127 hours situation, and after he pulls it off and you get him out ya make a nice meal.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
I don't think I want to risk a flight over the mountains with Munchables.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stantis has been doing this "Everything is terrible cause Trump but I won't go into details" for five months now. Like, do something or end your comic dude; this is more repetitive than Tinsley.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Oh please, I'd never eat somebody without their permission.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

So the topic of this page has been "How do I legally eat another human being?"

See, this is why we're not allowed to post anywhere else.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

I thought I was on IOSM thread for a bit there. How did this go from whining about modern art to SJWs and "SOCIAL MARXISTS". Someone call Hbomberguy in here.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres

Pants Donkey posted:

Stantis has been doing this "Everything is terrible cause Trump but I won't go into details" for five months now. Like, do something or end your comic dude; this is more repetitive than Tinsley.

I'm seriously wondering if he's having emotional/mental issues or severe writers block.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I'm seriously wondering if he's having emotional/mental issues or severe writers block.

why not both

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Pants Donkey posted:

So the topic of this page has been "How do I legally eat another human being?"

See, this is why we're not allowed to post anywhere else.

Normal people don't consider the legal ramifications before engaging in cannibalism.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Munchables posted:

A man can dream.

I'm pretty sure cannibalism is only legal in survival type situations where another person or people has/have already died due to circumstances beyond your control and not eating them means that you will die as well.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
Not relevant to politics but to cannibalism can someone link that comic about the dude who thought he was fighting the wendigo after a plane crash for me?

Starving Wolf
Apr 2, 2010

MUCH LATER
Yams Fan

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I'm pretty sure cannibalism is only legal in survival type situations where another person or people has/have already died due to circumstances beyond your control and not eating them means that you will die as well.

Or so I will later claim.

Munchables
Feb 8, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Afaik there are no laws that say cannibalism is illegal, but there are laws that make the act of cannibalism, as it is legally defined, unable to be practiced without committing a crime.

e: Basically, somebody willfully severing a limb or some other part of their body and giving it to you to eat is ok, as long as they don't die from it. Anything involving death falls under the legal definition of cannibalism, and is illegal because of anti-murder, manslaughter, homicide, assisted suicide, and anti-corpse defiling laws.

Munchables fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Mar 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

quote:

Hillary is a sociopath who enjoys getting away with her crimes.

Garrison come on, everyone likes getting away with their crimes.

• Locked thread