Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Xelkelvos posted:

I should rewatch Reinforcements since the new context of it makes it sound a lot more interesting. Also, RIP the Org costumes they were planning on using then.

This is also the first Sentai-like role call I've seen in PR it looks like or as close as it can get.

This is also the first Sentai that did the modular collectibles and iirc, they went went pretty all in on it in this one and Ninja Storm

Wild Force/Gaoranger definitely did the supplementary Zords among the best in the franchise, along with Boukenger(which might be my absolute favorites in the franchise)

Xelkelvos posted:

Gokaiger and Go-Busters did a 180 on that at least in their own way (and it's part of why they're good seasons in a small way). Gokaiger went back to upgrades being events though they were largely just more finishers. All of the energy towards collectibles went into the Ranger Keys (which has basically become a license to print collectibles money by Toei now) instead. For Go-Busters, they largely just dropped the collectible thing and is probably the big reason why it was financially unsuccessful.
I'm definitely one of those who really didn't like either Gokaiger or Go-Busters mecha designs, they were for the most part pretty drat ugly, not to mention most of them translated really poorly into toy form

Despite the show itself being hot garbage Ninninger's mecha are some of my favorites from the last couple of years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I'd give Samurai some slack for being a "transition" season if Megaforce weren't also total crap.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Whatever you wanna say about Wild Force, I don't think you can Debby Merrick, Zen Aku, and the Wolf Ranger are badass. He's definitely top tier sixth for me.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Wild Force certainly has its issues, but Jindrax and Toxica, Master Org's backstory, Merrick, and Zen Aku are all pretty great. I'm rather fond of Taylor, Max, Danny, and Alyssa, as well.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

parallelodad posted:

Whatever you wanna say about Wild Force, I don't think you can Debby Merrick, Zen Aku, and the Wolf Ranger are badass. He's definitely top tier sixth for me.

Him and Green Samurai Ranger from Ninja Storm are definitely two of the best Sixth Rangers in the franchise

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The Black/Blue bromance is also great when it shows up.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

Him and Green Samurai Ranger from Ninja Storm are definitely two of the best Sixth Rangers in the franchise

and we all know who the other best additional ranger is

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

drrockso20 posted:

I always really liked Cam's character. He was a sorely missed Billy archetype, but was relatable dorky and stuff.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
How long until Forever Red? I need to see Chat lose its poo poo.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cam is way better than the two Thunder Rangers.

He also gets a guitar.

Coq au Nandos posted:

How long until Forever Red? I need to see Chat lose its poo poo.

'Bout nine hours.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So, since Wild Force is such a toy-oriented series and the topic of conversation is zords, I never watched Zeo as a kid and this stream has taught me that the Super Zeo Megazord is the ugliest loving thing.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Funky Valentine posted:

Cam is way better than the two Thunder Rangers.

He also gets a guitar.

'Bout nine hours.

11pm ADST. Bugger.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

TwoPair posted:

So, since Wild Force is such a toy-oriented series and the topic of conversation is zords, I never watched Zeo as a kid and this stream has taught me that the Super Zeo Megazord is the ugliest loving thing.

I'm gonna Zordon Wave on you for that.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Funky Valentine posted:

'Bout nine hours.
Someone said 6am EAST, so gently caress me since I'll have to wake up at 3am.

Good thing I have a newborn to serve as an alarm clock...

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

Bear Zords attach to the megazord and chat immediately starts spamming "RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS".

This is a surprisingly fun way to catch up on some really subpar power rangers.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The fighting style is probably why I don't like wildforce as much. They're basically just grapplers and chain grabbers. They're more one-note than the other melee rangers.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

I'm gonna Zordon Wave on you for that.

Hey, the regular Zeo megazord (with all the animals) is neat, the Super Zeo Megazord is just a bunch of loving weird shapes stacked on each other.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

TwoPair posted:

Hey, the regular Zeo megazord (with all the animals) is neat, the Super Zeo Megazord is just a bunch of loving weird shapes stacked on each other.

when you think about it basically everything is just weird shapes stacked on each other

e: really feeling chat's reaction to the soul bird zord

Brother Entropy fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 21, 2017

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

imagine ninjablue tumbling down a hill forever

-Inu-
Nov 11, 2008

TWO HUNDRED AND FIFTY CUBIC CENTIMETERS

TwoPair posted:

gently caress that loving zord. I had one as a kid and it was a giant pain in the rear end to combine them all together. The blue zord folded in some really weird origami-esque way because it was used to connect the torso to the feet and it was impossible to actually to get it to stay in place to link up.

That's how I remember it as a kid anyway.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
"You can't take that! It doesn't belong to you!"

Blue is super sad about the giraffe dying, Black pats his shoulder
"Never give up."
"...never give up."

Man, my weeb-rear end is picking up just how direct of an "adaptation" this show is now...

About Zenaku, who is standing in front of her and is holding her.
"He doesn't remember..."

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Mar 21, 2017

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

The series gradually starts wholesale adapting the Sentai more and more from Wild Force on.

Sometimes to a completely unreasonable and confusing extent, like with Samurai (which was Shinkenger but in America and also 99% terrible)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Well Dino Force doesn't.

RPM *REALLY* doesn't.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
That Org just wanted a clean lawn and the Rangers bullied him.

PurplieNurplie
Jan 14, 2009
This Zen'Aku/Maric stuff is so bad compared even to something like Magna Defender, and he was possibly even more of a walking cliche.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

PurplieNurplie posted:

This Zen'Aku/Maric stuff is so bad compared even to something like Magna Defender, and he was possibly even more of a walking cliche.
Magna Punisher at least had a connection to the cast. And, you know, he was Ranger Batman.

Getting a blast with the stream chat calling Merrick Egoraptor.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
What confused me about Ninja Steel was the casting of Red's dad, not just on resemblance, but because this dad is supposed to be the most supreme Ninja champion of Earth and then it turns out he's a Paul Reiser looking guy. Which, uh, okay. I would expect supreme ninjas to be Asian based on the cultural origins of the term, but alright.

Then I remember that in The Ninja Encounter pt1, Adam & Friends were in a Ninja tournament, and beat three undefeated boastful douches that Zedd was scoping out. And I'm thinking it would have been a great callback if Brody's dad was supposed to be one of those guys, but oh well!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Merrick lives at my favorite SiriusXM channel.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
https://clips.twitch.tv/CloudyHelplessWaffleArgieB8

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

The Master's Revenge is both a) really dark and b) super ironic considering the actor that plays Cole.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OMG did not realize PR is on Netflix. Now I can watch the end of Time Force.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Josh Lyman posted:

OMG did not realize PR is on Netflix. Now I can watch the end of Time Force.

That's how I'm gonna watch Reinforcements after work :)

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

jivjov posted:

That's how I'm gonna watch Reinforcements after work :)

It's how I just watched Forever Red because I'm gonna miss it on the stream.

Goons, please post highlights from the chat on that one. I need them.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
I am so glad I never watched Wild Force because holy poo poo Kite is utterly loving intolerable.

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Last night I stayed up till about when the Gorilla showed up. Woke up to all the zords getting taken away, way to go Tarzan you lost the zords. Also I looked up Ricardo Medina and apparently he's being sentenced next week for killing his roomate.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Just manslaughter. I still maintain his innocence. His roommate was asking him how to acheive huge gains and Ricardo thought he would blow up and grow to gigantic size.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Current speculation is that pleading guilty was a plea deal to avoid being charged with straight up murder

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's hoping he doesn't have to join a gang and become the White Power ranger.

Geddy Krueger
Apr 24, 2008
THE SIGNAL IS CALLING MorphinTime THE ROOM MATE IS FALLING MorphinTime RED RANGER HAS STABBED YOU MorphinTime BETTER MAKE IT A LIGHT SPEED LAWSUIT MorphinTime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Is there a reason why the trash mobs in Time Force do that stupid double tomahawk chop dance?