Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

Crumbletron posted:

Can't get revived if you get executed :c00l:

I finally have my scoundrels good enough that I can finish tier 3 of the credit heist. Getting almost 4 mil today felt good.
I just 3 starred the scoundrels challenge today, which is great because I can stop dumping energy into garbage cans like Chewbacca. Also sick of failing to farm Lando. He's been at 5 star for over a month, still need 20 just to star up.

With the challenge done and 3 staring heist I want to move on to other things. One day I'll go back and finish Lando but for now I'm going to farm mods and beef up my arena team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Malkof posted:

I just 3 starred the scoundrels challenge today, which is great because I can stop dumping energy into garbage cans like Chewbacca. Also sick of failing to farm Lando. He's been at 5 star for over a month, still need 20 just to star up.

With the challenge done and 3 staring heist I want to move on to other things. One day I'll go back and finish Lando but for now I'm going to farm mods and beef up my arena team.

Lando isn't ON your arena team?

Shameful.

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
Is Vader still the best first zeta? I've got 30 or so but haven't spent them yet. I've been waiting just not sure what direction to go. I could get immediate use from any but Maul or Barriss.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Mumur posted:

Is Vader still the best first zeta? I've got 30 or so but haven't spent them yet. I've been waiting just not sure what direction to go. I could get immediate use from any but Maul or Barriss.

He's a good, versatile Zeta, but if you don't have whatever else is needed to field a good empire/sith arena team I'd hold off.

He's also boss in the Rancor raid and AAT, but again, you need the rest of his cast to make that poo poo happen.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Chilichimp posted:

He's a good, versatile Zeta, but if you don't have whatever else is needed to field a good empire/sith arena team I'd hold off.

He's also boss in the Rancor raid and AAT, but again, you need the rest of his cast to make that poo poo happen.

Another thing is that Vader is difficult to 7*. However, if you have him close to 7*, then you probably also have been working on his buddies (mostly EP/TFP).

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know
So is QGJ a good first meta? My Jedi team is strong but I have a good rebel team too.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Okay, fuckers, I made a Goon SWGOH Discord, because work is boring and I like interacting with you goobs.

https://discord.gg/3ujtqfZ

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Burning_Monk posted:

So is QGJ a good first meta? My Jedi team is strong but I have a good rebel team too.

QGJ isn't a bad first meta, but jedi aren't particularly strong in arena without super-fast Yoda and General Kenobi.

Mumur
May 13, 2011

Pooh Bear
I've got a solid 7* Empire/Sith team if I wanted to go that route with Vader. Don't really need him for Rancor as my Teebo squad does fine. I could make a fast Yoda switching mods. I just don't know how the rest of my Jedi would do as outside of QGJ and Yoda most are mediocre. Maybe a QGJ/Yoda/Wiggs/JKA team for arena?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Mumur posted:

I've got a solid 7* Empire/Sith team if I wanted to go that route with Vader. Don't really need him for Rancor as my Teebo squad does fine. I could make a fast Yoda switching mods. I just don't know how the rest of my Jedi would do as outside of QGJ and Yoda most are mediocre. Maybe a QGJ/Yoda/Wiggs/JKA team for arena?

My early experience with Zader arena lead isn't great. I've seen youtubers say he's a solid arena lead, but he seems to underperform for me vs. the same team with EP lead. All my fast guys (EP/Sid/Boba) go first, then I never get another turn for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

If you've got a solid set of Sith, then Maul might be a good choice for you. He seems really strong in arena (although I don't know how he fares elsewhere).

Beyond that, it's hard to go wrong with utility zetas like Barris & Boba. Zeta Dooku looks pretty ridiculous with a nihilus lead too.

e: I'm currently waffling between Maul & Boba for my 2nd zeta if that's helpful (my jedi are admittedly underdeveloped). While I'm disappointed with Zader's arena performance so far, I don't regret him being my first Zeta since he's useful in GW/AAT and should eventually let me solo the Rancor once I get Rex.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Mar 17, 2017

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

fishtobaskets posted:

e: I'm currently waffling between Maul & Boba for my 2nd zeta if that's helpful (my jedi are admittedly underdeveloped). While I'm disappointed with Zader's arena performance so far, I don't regret him being my first Zeta since he's useful in GW/AAT and should eventually let me solo the Rancor once I get Rex.

Don't need Rex, just Zader, Palp, TFP, and any one other sith/empire (I use Dooku) QGJ is a better fifth than Rex unless you really need the cleanse to survive P1

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

Chilichimp posted:

Okay, fuckers, I made a Goon SWGOH Discord, because work is boring and I like interacting with you goobs.

https://discord.gg/3ujtqfZ

This is a Good Idea and should go in the OP + two step get your rear end on discord.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

fishtobaskets posted:

My early experience with Zader arena lead isn't great. I've seen youtubers say he's a solid arena lead, but he seems to underperform for me vs. the same team with EP lead. All my fast guys (EP/Sid/Boba) go first, then I never get another turn for some reason. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.

This doesnt make sense. If youre stunning the enemy team and ability blocking them with boba and dot exposing them with sidius then they should also be having the tm down procd atleast once so you should also have your vader dotting as well. At that point enemy team is hosed unless youre doing really bad targetting or ability usage like using execute on targets not guaranteed to finish.

The only way i lose zader mirrors is when the enemy team has a faster tfp and i lose the coin flip on tm down so i get ability blocked or stunned by their ep/boba.

Maul matchups are coin flips for who gets stunned by ep.

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
If you're not in this Discord channel you're missing out.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:

CaptainPsyko posted:

Don't need Rex, just Zader, Palp, TFP, and any one other sith/empire (I use Dooku) QGJ is a better fifth than Rex unless you really need the cleanse to survive P1

You don't bring rex for the cleanse/tenacity up you bring rex for the -25% tm down on his basic. I might try dooku next run on the rancor in place of rex though.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

rocket_Magnet posted:

You don't bring rex for the cleanse/tenacity up you bring rex for the -25% tm down on his basic. I might try dooku next run on the rancor in place of rex though.

QGJ is flat out better than Rex for TM down though. He removes more on his basic, and in later phases, calling a sith/empire dude to assist is both better damage and better turn meter reduction than you get from Rex. So all Rex brings to the table in the comparison between the two is his cleanse.

(Dooku is great though. My last run was Zader/Palp/TFP/Dooku/QGJ. Next adjustment will be to Star up and swap in Sid for more damage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

QGJ is flat out better than Rex for TM down though. He removes more on his basic, and in later phases, calling a sith/empire dude to assist is both better damage and better turn meter reduction than you get from Rex. So all Rex brings to the table in the comparison between the two is his cleanse.

(Dooku is great though. My last run was Zader/Palp/TFP/Dooku/QGJ. Next adjustment will be to Star up and swap in Sid for more damage.

QGJ: .65 * .30 = .195 on average TM removal per turn
Rex: 1 * .25 = .25 on average TM removal per turn.

Similarly, Rex can give all allies a huge TM up to give them extra turns, 30% + 5% per debuff removed (for non clones -- Rex will get 60% + 10% per). At 0 debuffs, he basically grants your team one extra attack.

You should also now consider Teebo for that 5th slot, he does a lot of good. His stealth ability now lasts for 3/5 turns, so you just have to make due with 2 turns of him being unable to TM down. However, since you start against pigs, you can leave offense up on Captain and use Teebo's removal to make that 4/5 turns. Basically just let the captain get one turn before you kill his piggies, and you'll have that buff to dispel.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Malgrin posted:

QGJ: .65 * .30 = .195 on average TM removal per turn
Rex: 1 * .25 = .25 on average TM removal per turn. .

Right. The difference is that every other turn QGJ is calling a sith or imperial to assist. Which is 50% chance of 20% in P1... and much much better than that as the fight progresses, along with superior damage.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

CaptainPsyko posted:

Right. The difference is that every other turn QGJ is calling a sith or imperial to assist. Which is 50% chance of 20% in P1... and much much better than that as the fight progresses, along with superior damage.

It's actually not quite that good in P1. First QGJ hits, which adds 10% TM. Then they get a 50% chance of 20% TM removal, and a 50% chance of +10% TM (oddly, when TM is removed, they don't seem to also gain TM, so Rex removes 25% instead of 15%, when QGJ's basic procs, it's 30% not 20%, and when Sith proc, it's 20% not 10%). So, you get a 50% chance of removing 10% TM, and a 50% chance of adding 20%. I get that Zader's TM removal is bugged, so in later phases, you get better odds/TM removal here, but for P1, Rex is straight up better.

Also, every 4th turn, Rex gives all non-clone allies 30% TM up, more if there's a debuff (like deathblow or w/e it's called). With 4 Sith allies, this is +120% TM, which is effectively equivalent to calling one of them to assist, without first giving the captain 10% TM. I consider this to be a better ability than calling an assist. In Rancor phases, this ability gets even better because if Rancor gets a turn, you'll get multiple debuffs.

e: Addendum - Rex sucks on auto because he uses his third ability.

e2: Someone just posted 5.7mil HAAT P2 with Zader, Phasma, Sid (or Zid), Shaman, Boba.
I think that if you don't have Shaman, you need to run EE instead. You'll get a lot less damage because fewer dots, but I think you could still get a good run in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhjQfGlEL4&t=26s

Malgrin fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 18, 2017

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Just a follow-up regarding my disappointment with arena zader. Chilichimp and CaptainPsyko helped me figure out that I needed Shore instead of RG in the team.

While the pre-taunt is really important (it's great for any comp), I think the bigger component is the fact that Shore grants TM to ally special abilities while he's taunting. This is very specifically useful to the Zader lead since he's great at TM reduction but provides no TM gain. That was the big piece I lost trying to simply sub zader for ep in my previous arena comp: EP/tfp/vader/RG/Boba. EP gives TM to everybody but Boba in that comp.

two_step
Sep 2, 2011
This hasn't been linked here yet, it seems like a pretty kickass team, and might be why I zeta sid next:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfhjQfGlEL4

Still need another 130 or so shards on tusken shaman too

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this has totally be talked about here.

KingOfTheTramps
Nov 10, 2009

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
Yeah I had a similar team linked in the haat guide spreadsheet (elder instead of boba). I've been working towards it for a while, got vader and sid zetas, just need 75 more shards for shaman.

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

https://swgoh.gg/u/malkof/collection/

Suggestions for an Arena team? I'm aware I still need better gear/mods but kinda want to start working in a direction. I'm currently running Wiggs STH Palpy Boba but I'm on an old shard filled with Zaul and Rex leads, bouncing around in the 200s. I'm not real big on chasing the meta but I have a lot of sith.

I've completed the Health, Defense, Tenacity and Crit Chance challenges and can do the credit/droid heist max level. Currently buying:
Rex, Maul, and Sun Fac in guild
TFP/Cc mods in cantina, Asoka in cantina shop
Tarkin in arena (for mod challenge)
Magmatrooper in GW(for mod challenge) the rest into ships
Zetas, Vader, then Slave 1 in fleet

Malkof fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Mar 20, 2017

ijii
Mar 17, 2007
I'M APPARENTLY GAY AND MY POSTING SUCKS.
I'm level 45 now with the following notable heroes:

5* Lando, Gear IV - 38/85 shards
4* Boba Fett, Gear IV - 7/65 shards
4*Jedi Consular, Gear IV - 0/65 shards
4* CW Chewbacca, Gear III - 3/65 shards
3* Luke Skywalker, Gear IV - 1/30 shards
3* ST Han, Gear IV - 20/30 shards
3* Talia, Gear IV - 5/30 shards
2* Royal Guard, Gear V - 2/25 shards

Luminara Unduli 40/50 shards

The top 5 of the list there has a combined power of about 9600. In the squad arena, it seems most of the people I can battle have their squads at about 11000. I'm able to consistently rank around 400-450 for tier 10 awards. I'm slowly getting pushed out of that tier. Looks like the main thing for me to do now is try to farm gear for a week in LS/DS instead of shards, and use a couple refreshes. The Cantina I'll continue to farm Lando, but use 1 refresh instead of 2. This will slow down the promotions of Lando and Boba, but I think I really need to get gear up to level 5 for Lando, Boba, Consular, STH, and Luminara, before I start farming shards again.

I just completed my third Galactic War, so far it's been pretty easy. I like all the GW tokens, and am buying Luminara shards twice a day. So tomorrow I'll activate her, at I assume, 3*. I'm thinking I'll be able to get her to 4* sometime next week at the rate I'm going. I'm just concerned on when the difficulty starts ramping up making it difficult to get more tokens.

Anything else I should concern myself with?

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Malkof posted:

https://swgoh.gg/u/malkof/collection/

Suggestions for an Arena team? I'm aware I still need better gear/mods but kinda want to start working in a direction. I'm currently running Wiggs STH Palpy Boba but I'm on an old shard filled with Zaul and Rex leads, bouncing around in the 200s. I'm not real big on chasing the meta but I have a lot of sith.

I've completed the Health, Defense, Tenacity and Crit Chance challenges and can do the credit/droid heist max level. Currently buying:
Rex, Maul, and Sun Fac in guild
TFP/Cc mods in cantina, Asoka in cantina shop
Tarkin in arena (for mod challenge)
Magmatrooper in GW(for mod challenge) the rest into ships
Zetas, Vader, then Slave 1 in fleet

No suggestion for PvP as that's largely down to personal preference, what the meta's like on your shard, and just how much you hate yourself in the search of mods with speed secondaries that upgrade right (the rng in an rng in an rng in an rng! circle of hell). What you are running now is fine, just keep focusing on gear, and mods as in the end PvP comes down to who's team is faster. What I will say is Zaul seems to be overwhelmingly the flavour of the month for PvP, but only with his zeta; you're better off running a EP lead than a non-zeta'd maul with sith. TFP is an excellent character to go for and I'd focus cantina energy on getting him up there ASAP he's the naturally fastest character in the game and hits like a freight train, plus his AOE buff immunity is invaluable. Focusing Rex in guild is a good idea in my opinion he's an excellent character with many uses. I'd prioritise Fives over ahsoka in cantina shop purely because fives is a tougher character who can slot in more teams than ahsoka can. Ahsoka is nice in an all jedi team, but isn't all that great outside of that, fives can be an almighty pain in the rear end no matter team you put him in.

For the love of all that is sacred stop farming magmatrooper right now he is utterly worthless and I'm scratching my head as to why you even think you need him for the mod challenges? You've got vader, EP, RG, you're working on TFP for your fourth and are working on tarkin who is your fifth (and is also a good shout, as you need him for tier 2 of the ship ability mats challenge for zetas).

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I mentioned this a few days ago but it might have gotten lost in another discussion topic: QGJ has a spot open if there's anybody in need of a goon guild. If you're interested, send an ally request to me @ 782-793-678 and quote this post to confirm and I'll get you added.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 18:14 on Mar 20, 2017

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

rocket_Magnet posted:

For the love of all that is sacred stop farming magmatrooper right now he is utterly worthless and I'm scratching my head as to why you even think you need him for the mod challenges? You've got vader, EP, RG, you're working on TFP for your fourth and are working on tarkin who is your fifth (and is also a good shout, as you need him for tier 2 of the ship ability mats challenge for zetas).

Literally the only reason is because I'm sandbagging my GW shards for dark side ships and he's already unlocked. But yes seems I was double dipping on empire dudes. Thanks for the input!

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011
Discord is killing the thread; I'll try to jumpstart it.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Darokaz/status/843892083077206018

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Dr. Venture posted:

Indeed, discord has become the defacto thread.

Fuckin... hurry up with this poo poo, jesus.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Dr. Venture posted:

yeah is this the same "soon" as to them adding stuff to the old shipments in pvp, cantina, & galactic war? or is that a different "soon". You should look at the replies and Jesse's response to whether the Rogue One characters will get added to said shipments (it's a gif of people laughing).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
They'll put baze and Chirrut behind a hard modes, they'll each get a node, jyn will be a cantina energy, cassian will be cantina currency, and K2 will move to GW.

Lets see how I do.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Chilichimp posted:

They'll put baze and Chirrut behind a hard modes, they'll each get a node, jyn will be a cantina energy, cassian will be cantina currency, and K2 will move to GW.

Lets see how I do.

I hope they're Dark Side nodes so I can actually beat them without already having Chaze unlocked.

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

Vulpes posted:

I hope they're Dark Side nodes so I can actually beat them without already having Chaze unlocked.

I've managed all of LS stage 9 without either baze or chirrut (or GK or zQGJ) :cmon:.

I used Zody clones instead :v:

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I'm working on everything at once because I'm loving stupid but clones keep popping up on the ship store. I'm assuming Zeta Cody is the best leader?

Also why do I need a jawa team. Why would they do this to me

E: disclosure I have a scoundrel crew and my rebels are right behind, but my most powerful characters stats wise are a mishmash

Dr. Venture
Sep 26, 2011

rocket_Magnet posted:

You should look at the replies and Jesse's response to whether the Rogue One characters will get added to said shipments (it's a gif of people laughing).

https://mobile.twitter.com/Darokaz/status/843936703479857152

Well, at least he's honest about it :saddowns:

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

hup posted:

I'm working on everything at once because I'm loving stupid but clones keep popping up on the ship store. I'm assuming Zeta Cody is the best leader?

Also why do I need a jawa team. Why would they do this to me

E: disclosure I have a scoundrel crew and my rebels are right behind, but my most powerful characters stats wise are a mishmash

the best clone to get from guild shipments is rex. hold off on the others until you have him.

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Finally found an Arena team that seems to be working for me. Zaul, Palp, Nihilus, Boba, Zavage. Managed to take #1 spot and I've been using my spare attempts to practice against the Rex/GK/Zylo teams in #2-#4 while I wait for payout, and I'm 3/3 so far.

I'm impressed with Zavage. Even at G10 he is tanky as hell, and the AI doesn't complete ignore him like some other tanky toons. His dispel is also pretty clutch at times, removing a stun or ability block can be a massive benefit.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

hup posted:

Davethulhu posted:

the best clone to get from guild shipments is rex. hold off on the others until you have him.

Well, to be fair, it depends on your goals and your arena shard. If you're suddenly being deluged with Zaul teams, then Rex is a pretty solid investment. If you're looking to do a bit better in Rancor, Rex is also a solid choice. However, if you want to do better in AAT, Rex is really not your man. Even if you're planning on a clone army for AAT, Rex is still not the best option. If you're looking to make a clone squad for AAT P4, your best options are Zody, Echo, Fives, Clone Sergeant, and Leia. Two of those are farmed from Guild Shipments (and I think Ships -- but don't), and CS is farmable from 3 nodes.

I'd generally advise to get Rex and then the rest, but you may have different priorities.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Vulpes posted:

Finally found an Arena team that seems to be working for me. Zaul, Palp, Nihilus, Boba, Zavage. Managed to take #1 spot and I've been using my spare attempts to practice against the Rex/GK/Zylo teams in #2-#4 while I wait for payout, and I'm 3/3 so far.

I'm impressed with Zavage. Even at G10 he is tanky as hell, and the AI doesn't complete ignore him like some other tanky toons. His dispel is also pretty clutch at times, removing a stun or ability block can be a massive benefit.

Doesn't this kinda leave Boba's cheese out in the wind? I get that he's pretty resilient with resolve, but I'm surprised he's effective as a de facto tank.