Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also shovel knight is the perfect switch game imho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

sleepness posted:

Is there a guide for idiots/newbies to afterbirth? I have no idea what all these things do or even how to use them and sometimes I'll get things that modify my attack and then I'll get some magical fingers thing that I have no idea what it does oh god please help. The game is fun though and is a great addition to the switch as I could not get into Isaac sitting on my PC but as a portable, it's fantastic

http://platinumgod.co.uk/

It's more fun to figure it out yourself though

CoasterMaster
Aug 13, 2003

The Emperor of the Rides

Nap Ghost
Whelp I got that Waterfield Switch case and it's nice except for the fact that my Switch keeps turning on while inside it. I was playing my Switch on the bus ride home, put it back in the case, then threw the case in my bag and when I got back up to my apartment, the switch was on. It was also on when I took it out of the case when I got on the bus.

Is there some trick I'm missing? Right now it's gonna go back to Waterfield.

(Also, another thing in the pile of the amFilm Tempered Glass protector being fantastic)

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Try the challenges when you feel confident. They unlock cool things.

Clearing to the chest will eventually unlock more and more things.

Try switching characters as well for an added challenge.

The daily challenge is also fun

BoI owns bones

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
whats the chance of yakuza 0 hitting switch or will i have to finally get that ps4 or learn japanese for that ps3 version? there were yakuzas on wiiu right?

i mean, i stumbled across this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI and now i gotta loving have it and am i currently weighing up reckless financial decisions or playing wait and see switch. help me.

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 21, 2017

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything

eonwe posted:

also shovel knight is the perfect switch game imho

I mean the library is so deep that speaks volumes

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

I hope Arms gets a release date soon, because a AAA game between Zelda and Mario Kart would be cool.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

enojy posted:

I'm not either, like at all, but I loved Shovel Knight. It's a special game. It keeps all the charm of early 90's games and does away with pretty much all of the lovely parts. Check out the first few levels on YouTube to get a good feel for it.

La Mulana is one of my favorite games of all time and it's kind of the reverse: it is 100% old school cryptic bullshit. Stylistically, I really like the original La Mulana, which was made exactly per the limits of the MSX, but that game is a little too hard for me, so I tend to prefer the prettied-up and dumbed-down remake a bit more.

I seriously hope La Mulana 2 (estimated release date: winter 2015 2016 someday) ends up being good and ends up on the Switch. It'd be the perfect game for it.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Vikar Jerome posted:

whats the chance of yakuza 0 hitting switch or will i have to finally get that ps4 or learn japanese for that ps3 version?

i mean, i stumbled across this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI and now i gotta loving have and am i currently weighing up reckless financial decisions or playing wait and see. help me.

Not sure, but I put about 4 hours into it, and sold it on craigslist since I could not get into it. There's just way too much dialogue, and the story is boring. The first 2 chapters are literally about a parking lot. Gameplay has not evolved at all since Shenmue. There's no reason it should not be a real open world, instead of being divided up into small zones that you access in a linear fashion. It has some cool mini games, nice framerate, and some of the side quests were funny in a weird japanese way, but thats not enough to overcome its flaws. Personally I think the game was given much higher scores than it deserves because it's an exclusive title. I can imagine the publisher having meeting discussing wether or not to release this game in the states, and talking about how westerners would respond to doing a quest where you have to stop a high school girl from selling her used panties to men, and having a dialogue choice to defend perverts.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs far more. Yakuza 0 isn't fit to trim Breath Of The Wilds ball hairs though.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Vikar Jerome posted:

whats the chance of yakuza 0 hitting switch or will i have to finally get that ps4 or learn japanese for that ps3 version? there were yakuzas on wiiu right?

i mean, i stumbled across this on youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHQa1SA3EtI and now i gotta loving have it and am i currently weighing up reckless financial decisions or playing wait and see switch. help me.

Slim to none. The Wii U games were just ports rather than the updated Kiwami version. Dunno how that came to be.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yakuza 1&2 HD on Wii U failed to chart on the Japanese Top 50 on the week it came out, being outsold by a PS3 greatest hits re-release of Battlefield 3. There's like no market for Yakuza on Nintendo.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe

Mahoning posted:

Are there any actual Nintendo-owned games that have never been released on Virtual Console (I mean pre-GameCube)? I'd imagine the reason a ton of stuff isn't available is because of rights issues.

Pilotwings N64 has never been on a Virtual Console, Wii or Wii U.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Fun Shoe

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Exactly. Zombi U and Super Mario Maker are the only AAA games that fully used both screens, and Zombi U has a PS4 port where the whole game pad function is just mapped to holding L1 then using the analog sticks.

In Mario Kart 8 the second screen was a horn for Christ's sake. In Mario U, Luigi U, and New 3D World it was just a map.

Mario Maker is literally the only Wii U title that wouldn't translate to the Switch because it's entirely touch pad based.

Pikmin 3, Star Fox 0, and Xenoblade Chronicles X would be pretty tricky to port without the gamepad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Patter Song posted:

Pikmin 3, Star Fox 0, and Xenoblade Chronicles X would be pretty tricky to port without the gamepad.

Pikmin 3 could easily just use a map menu. Actually, same with XCX. It wouldn't be a straight port obviously and would take extra design and coding, but it's not that tricky on a conceptual level.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Can anyone share their solutions to the nintendo switch dock being a piece of poo poo that scratches screens?

I just received and applied a tempered glass screen protector to my switch then cut two strips from the screen protectors cleaning cloth and used double sided tape to secure them to the offending areas of the switch. Is this adequate protection or would these cloths been considered too thin?

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

Patter Song posted:

Star Fox would be simple to port if they removed the stupid control/targeting scheme.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Night Blade posted:

Can anyone share their solutions to the nintendo switch dock being a piece of poo poo that scratches screens?

I just received and applied a tempered glass screen protector to my switch then cut two strips from the screen protectors cleaning cloth and used double sided tape to secure them to the offending areas of the switch. Is this adequate protection or would these cloths been considered too thin?

Laminate your switch to be sure.

Come on dude. Yeah your screens gunna get scratched with a glass protector and cloth liner.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Night Blade posted:

Solutions as follows:
1. Don't do anything as it only happens on certain docks (supposedly bent) from the looks of things.
2. A screen protector.
3. Softer material on the dock rails.
4. A cover you can buy from Etsy.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Policenaut posted:

Yakuza 1&2 HD on Wii U failed to chart on the Japanese Top 50 on the week it came out, being outsold by a PS3 greatest hits re-release of Battlefield 3. There's like no market for Yakuza on Nintendo.

huh, well then. maybe they should add a wario or something. wazuka.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Night Blade posted:

if you have a bent dock that is scratching screens then get hold of nintendo for a replacement or ram a book in it for a week like i've seen some people do.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Hey so uh Radiant Historia may be coming back? Given that the game was originally on DS I would guess that if it's a remake/new thing it'd be for 3DS or Switch? Or maybe it's just another bait and switch mobile thing I dunno.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Night Blade posted:

send us pictures of the dock and the switch in it so the rest of us can see what is scratching what because we've all been really confused about how people are having that happen

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Policenaut posted:

Hey so uh Radiant Historia may be coming back? Given that the game was originally on DS I would guess that if it's a remake/new thing it'd be for 3DS or Switch? Or maybe it's just another bait and switch mobile thing I dunno.

Radiant Historia is good. I want more Radiant Historia.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

send us pictures of the dock and the switch in it so the rest of us can see what is scratching what because we've all been really confused about how people are having that happen

The pictures I've seen were of the front panel of the dock being bent and should be returned to Nintendo for a replacement.

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

s.i.r.e. posted:

Sup bitches:

ha, mine came in today as well.

Also, so did my neon red joycons... a lot more orange/red play dough look than I expected but still digging it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

FireMrshlBill
Aug 13, 2006

LEMME SHOW YOU SOMETHING!!!

Policenaut posted:

hell ya!!! I hope it does. But assuming that it is something else.

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Hey I'd like to know this too. I've been stupidly gentle with this thing, but apparently not gentle enough as I discovered a scratch on my screen the other day.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
persona 5 will be on switch

except it will be called tokyo mirage sessions #fe

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

CoasterMaster posted:

Whelp I got that Waterfield Switch case and it's nice except for the fact that my Switch keeps turning on while inside it. I was playing my Switch on the bus ride home, put it back in the case, then threw the case in my bag and when I got back up to my apartment, the switch was on. It was also on when I took it out of the case when I got on the bus.

Is there some trick I'm missing? Right now it's gonna go back to Waterfield.

(Also, another thing in the pile of the amFilm Tempered Glass protector being fantastic)

I have the Waterfield case and I dunno how this is possible and hasn't happened to me. Are you sure you're putting the Switch in sleep mode and not just putting it in the case still on by accident? In sleep mode you have to click the same button three times to turn it fully back on so I wouldn't see that happening often with the case.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

ChocNitty posted:

Not sure, but I put about 4 hours into it, and sold it on craigslist since I could not get into it. There's just way too much dialogue, and the story is boring. The first 2 chapters are literally about a parking lot. Gameplay has not evolved at all since Shenmue. There's no reason it should not be a real open world, instead of being divided up into small zones that you access in a linear fashion. It has some cool mini games, nice framerate, and some of the side quests were funny in a weird japanese way, but thats not enough to overcome its flaws. Personally I think the game was given much higher scores than it deserves because it's an exclusive title. I can imagine the publisher having meeting discussing wether or not to release this game in the states, and talking about how westerners would respond to doing a quest where you have to stop a high school girl from selling her used panties to men, and having a dialogue choice to defend perverts.

I enjoyed Sleeping Dogs far more. Yakuza 0 isn't fit to trim Breath Of The Wilds ball hairs though.

actually it's good

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

I hope Arms gets a release date soon, because a AAA game between Zelda and Mario Kart would be cool.

Same. I'm all in on Arms.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I got a 2nd dock from Nintendo cause well I'm a dumbass and was getting really tired of moving the box between my two TVs every other day. My 2nd one totally bent it on one side when they were lined up looking down their side. I opened that one up (all 8 tri screws on the backside) and then loosened both of the philips ones at the bottom of the internal screws, one is behind the board. After that they looked the same in a line.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

People are already making DIY docks with 3D printers, so I assume a decent third party dock will come along soonish.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

A 3rd party will probably release a dock that's slanted backwards with no front plate on it.

Problem solved.

minute
Jul 31, 2003

bloodychill posted:

Pikmin 3 could easily just use a map menu. Actually, same with XCX. It wouldn't be a straight port obviously and would take extra design and coding, but it's not that tricky on a conceptual level.

Even besides the extra coding to map it to a button, the game pad was pretty low resolution, so those map screens and whatnot would all need to be redone with higher resolution assets.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

They'll let another Switch communicate with the Switch playing the game, and it'll act like a gamepad.

If you're a real Nintendo fan, you'll own two Switches :colbert:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Pants Donkey posted:

They'll let another Switch communicate with the Switch playing the game, and it'll act like a gamepad.

If you're a real Nintendo fan, you'll own two Switches :colbert:

So that's why Nintendo is doubling production.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Dryzen posted:

actually it's good

People want every game to be open world these days. I don't get it. Zelda and Witcher 3 are about the only open world games in recent years I haven't gotten bored with; even the much lauded Horizon on PS4 has a cool story but rather typical, bland yet polished open world mechanics. I'd rather have smaller scale games which feel unique than another open world game where I do busy work just to progress.

• Locked thread