Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

Augus posted:

gotcha, simple enough

Especially sell Machine Cores, but don't sell all of them off if you're good on money for the time being, because they sell for a lot more late in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I did it. I beat it.

That ending brought a tear to my eye. Goddamn.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Augus posted:

gotcha, simple enough

If you want to play it really safe, Machine Cores and Jewelry. There are one or two items that can be sold for money that are actually useful but you get those really late in the game.

Miles Vorkosigan
Mar 21, 2007

The stuff that dreams are made of.

Manatee Cannon posted:

keep in mind that you can combine like chips into higher tier versions, so don't sell anything like that if you like what it does

only sell things that say they sell for money

Sell chips over 10 size or so, combined chips inherit size based on the originals so you can end up with high tier chips with low sizes if you ignore the big ones and only combine the small ones.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
I finished E almost 4 hours ago, and I still can't stop thinking about this game.

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

brainwrinkle posted:

I finished E almost 4 hours ago, and I still can't stop thinking about this game.

Speaking from experience you cannot expect that to get any better in the coming week.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

So, can you fight Emil as someone other than 9S? If not, what's the best way to fight him, because he keeps destroying me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

So, can you fight Emil as someone other than 9S? If not, what's the best way to fight him, because he keeps destroying me

level up

alternatively, you can hack him

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

SHISHKABOB posted:

The aesthetic of this game reminds me so much of some old games like Super Mario 64 or Legend of Zelda: OOT. The way things feel so... sparse, but not empty. The buildings in city ruins feel incredibly ominous to me, almost oppressive. And then later in the desert it was like WHOAH.

Those games are just a few of a whole lot of totally different games that I feel like this game has drawn from artistically.

I love the visual design, the City Ruins area reminds me a lot of Tokyo Jungle, another game I loved the visuals of. Also I finally met Emil and I was grinning the whole time, then I found his shop and oh man that fuckin' song

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007
Got "Loading Map" at the end of the first mission, resulting in a soft lock. Lost all progress. Furious. (PC)

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.
I propose a drinking game when finding a streamer who has to play Hard/VH for their first time ever.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Nuebot posted:

I love the visual design, the City Ruins area reminds me a lot of Tokyo Jungle, another game I loved the visuals of. Also I finally met Emil and I was grinning the whole time, then I found his shop and oh man that fuckin' song

They put in a doppler shift on him too, it's adorable.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
B question;

When does it end? Does it follow 2B's despite him getting clocked out for most of it or does it stop sooner or keep going a bit? I could trigger the flooded city now and I'm not sure if I should save the Great Side Quest Roundup after it or not.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
That is the cutoff point for sidequests in route B yeah.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Gamerofthegame posted:

B question;

When does it end? Does it follow 2B's despite him getting clocked out for most of it or does it stop sooner or keep going a bit? I could trigger the flooded city now and I'm not sure if I should save the Great Side Quest Roundup after it or not.

it ends at the same point. sidequests get locked out when you start the missile mission just like A route.

vhweltall
Jun 14, 2007

vhweltall posted:

Got "Loading Map" at the end of the first mission, resulting in a soft lock. Lost all progress. Furious. (PC)

At the beginning of B. Game still owns bones.

Sacro
Jul 21, 2008

I was somewhere around the middle of page 86 in the Cognitive Dissonance thread when the drugs began to take hold.

only only only only only only
Found a new and exciting bug instead of merely crashing. In second playthrough as 9S in the desert housing boss, I was using pod shockwave to kill the swarms of enemies before the boss, triggered the cutscene to start the boss midway through a shockwave, and the pod disappeared from the game. Couldn't use anything pod related in the boss or afterwards, and the dialogue after the boss hung up when 9S wanted to contact bunker because it wanted the pod to say something. Text just sat on the bottom of the screen. Couldn't interact with NPCs or save points or save via the menu. Just as I was about to quit and lose another 30 minutes of progress I stumbled on a workaround: take over a robot and the conversation continues and the pod comes back.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Oh god looking for relics in the desert...
How many are there?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

one strategy is

outfit all three pods with the ranged barrier program. Just cycle through and use the next pod's as it wears off and the first should be ready to use on cooldown. Almost all his attacks are ranged so you can just about completely nullify him. Maybe. Hopefully

Good luck!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Snak posted:

How many are there?

Three, then one more after those three.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Snak posted:

How many are there?

3 and the are all in Desert : Center area. One more spawns after that,

This will make it a lot less tedious.

Also I can't do speed Star level three.

I tried using slow but I can't get it to land.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Snak posted:

How many are there?

There are 4. The payoff is SUPER worth it too

Yeehaw

E: That being said I think you can only be holding one at a time. I had a item and stood in a spot where another ended up being and got no reading.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I've been combing the entire desert. Fou d 2 so far, and a bunch of other stuff not for quest. Making sure I finish it in one go, cause I got burnt by losing B2 before finishing some sidequests I was 2/3 of the way through on route A and now I have to do them all over.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

you can just skip any sidequests you don't feel like doing and come back later. everything that gets locked off will become available again later. you'll know when because the game will tell you

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

you can just skip any sidequests you don't feel like doing and come back later. everything that gets locked off will become available again later. you'll know when because the game will tell you

Right, but most of them it doesn't save partial progress. One route A, I was 2/3 of the way done with photographs and Jean-Paul and I was never able to finish them once I got locked out. Now, on Route B, I have to start them over from scratch. So there's no chance I'm risking starting this treasure hunt over.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I bought overclock from Emil, wrecked that speedstar quest I'm glad that rear end in a top hat is dead then on my way to save and finish up for the night a large gear dropped :shepface:.

XavierGenisi
Nov 7, 2009

:dukedog:

I've gotten my platinum trophy (I did buy a few of the trophies), gotten all of the weapons maxed out, 98% of the quests complete though gently caress the last quest where I gotta get 95% of the unit list. I'm certain I got everything but whatever few enhanced variants are left, so gently caress it, and the superboss is defeated. All that's left is to (final ending spoiler) give up my save. This game has been absolutely fantastic, and while I'm gonna move on to other games that I've been meaning to play, I'm seeing myself going back to this game and doing a Hard or Very Hard run.

This game is just fantastic.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Desert​ relics done.

Route B stuff (nonstory spoilers) hacking is so good. It's kind of a shame how little I'm fighting, but hacking kills stuff so much faster than hitting it with my weapon. I wish there was a little more variety in the minigames, but it's pretty slick.

Got two spears out of the desert. One as the reward, and the other I just found. Cool. I guess I should check out his spear moveset...

So, since countering is a different mechanic, what are we calling the perfect dodge attacks?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/sakonlieur/status/838252258923982848

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I like how 2B doesn't slide down ladders by straddling them. As though it would be unladylike.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I finished Route C a little bit ago. It was really good. Since I bet Ending D will be a short nightmare, and I don't hear many people talk about E I guess it's downhill from here but I'm still enjoying myself.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

So after the goliath attacks the city and you go into the alien spaceship, there's a black dot on the map around its base. Is that someone/thing to find? If so, where the hell is it, because it's been driving me mad that I can't find it.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well I stumbled into the end of the first playthrough, I didn't know my all my sidequests would be immediately canceled. That was good and I'm ready to jump back back in, though I could have really done without the front of 2B's dress being strategically ripped for all those dramatic and emotional moments

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

So after the goliath attacks the city and you go into the alien spaceship, there's a black dot on the map around its base. Is that someone/thing to find? If so, where the hell is it, because it's been driving me mad that I can't find it.

Stand on the rock right in front of the goliath. That drove me nuts for a while too.

InfinityComplex
Feb 5, 2011

Nothing better than swinging around a little girl like a flail.

Snak posted:

Desert​ relics done.

Route B stuff (nonstory spoilers) hacking is so good. It's kind of a shame how little I'm fighting, but hacking kills stuff so much faster than hitting it with my weapon. I wish there was a little more variety in the minigames, but it's pretty slick.

Got two spears out of the desert. One as the reward, and the other I just found. Cool. I guess I should check out his spear moveset...

So, since countering is a different mechanic, what are we calling the perfect dodge attacks?

counter launch and counter shot

there's really no reason to change it at all

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon
For folks who are really, really confident in their dodging ability, Taunt is crazy useful for those sidequests where the enemies are suddenly 15-30 levels ahead of what you were expecting (Master Servo, I'm looking at you).

Stack a couple decent melee damage reduction chips and you can stay out of one-shot range if you goof up. Taunt also turbocharges your pod programs, so you can get a bit of extra damage, or you can run the shield program to make up for the massive damage vulnerability. It also stacks nicely with the charge chips.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
I really wanna like Ending E more. Maybe when I'll replay it without the expectations I had the first time I can see it more objectively

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Look up a bit.

It's the goliath itself

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cephas posted:

Route B: One of the things I thought was really clever was how playing as 9S with 2B following you around makes you realize how little 2B actually talks. Most of the game is 9S sarcastically commenting on things with absolutely no response from 2B. She'll occasionally say things like "What's this?" but rarely even to him. So most of Route B you're playing 9S basically just talking to himself. But even then, 9S is still like "Hanging out with 2B is so much nicer than working alone! :kimchi:"

You're right, its amazing how much 2B doesn't say anything and you don't realize till later. Also, some minor C route spoilers:

Pod and 2A's relationship :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

municipal shrimp
Mar 30, 2011

I just finished route a and I didn't understand anything that happened at the end. Should I even bother trying to get it or will it all make sense in time with further progress?