Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Rabid Snake posted:

Ugh I was going to play this game today but man you know this game is hosed when the Op didn't even buy the game and play it on release

If that's what talked you out of it, you weren't going to buy and play this game anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I wish more people would Not Play this game out of solidarity for me

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
Wish I could just take the default Sara Ryder and change her hair.

But you may not.

...because......?

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Olaf The Stout posted:

Wish I could just take the default Sara Ryder and change her hair.

But you may not.

...because......?

They only had five years to make the game dude they didn't have the time for it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

So Origin decided to do a pop-up telling me I had 30 minutes left in my trial, crashing my Multiplayer game. Now I have 30 minutes left that probably won't be enough to play a Multiplayer game. gently caress you EA.

Also, how is the multiplayer on PC so laggy? ME3 on Xbox360 wasn't nearly as bad.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The multis fun.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Why does the drat Nomad have these two modes? It's so intrusive when you're trying to explore a planet and you have to fiddle with this 4x to 6x wheel drive system anytime you encounter an incline greater than 20 degrees. There's no good reason for them not have just made it so it has the 6 wheel mobility and the 4 wheel speed all the time.
I'm gonna 100% Eos and see how much of a boring grind that is then I think I'll skip all the side quests and just do the main one.

The more I play this the less I hate it but the more little annoying, baffling, things I find in it.

Has anyone found a decent cheat engine table or trainer for this?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

VulgarandStupid posted:

So Origin decided to do a pop-up telling me I had 30 minutes left in my trial, crashing my Multiplayer game. Now I have 30 minutes left that probably won't be enough to play a Multiplayer game. gently caress you EA.

Also, how is the multiplayer on PC so laggy? ME3 on Xbox360 wasn't nearly as bad.

Because the ME3 on 360 didn't use peer to peer connections, Microsoft hosts all XBL multiplayer game servers, regardless of the solution used on other platforms.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Why does the drat Nomad have these two modes? It's so intrusive when you're trying to explore a planet and you have to fiddle with this 4x to 6x wheel drive system anytime you encounter an incline greater than 20 degrees. There's no good reason for them not have just made it so it has the 6 wheel mobility and the 4 wheel speed all the time.
I'm gonna 100% Eos and see how much of a boring grind that is then I think I'll skip all the side quests and just do the main one.

The more I play this the less I hate it but the more little annoying, baffling, things I find in it.

Because for some reason they wanted to simulate the fact that off road vehicles go slower when they are in all terrain mode.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just finished the first mission

It was legitimately great, like Inquisition but with more fun movement, lots of cool optional things just in the first area which is pretty drat big, the return of rpg style loot seems cool

I REALLY like Liam surprisingly, he is like hanging out with Space Tricky

So far so great.

Stelio Kontos
Feb 12, 2014
The first planet feels so much like Eden Prime, and the sequence after feels so much like the beginning of ME2, is the rest of the game a total letdown like 3?

Guess I'll figure that out with time.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Knifegrab posted:

I learned today that Origin's refund process is simple and fast and cool and good. The exact opposite of ME:A.

Agreed. This will be the first game I've requested a refund for since moving to the digital distribution model in 2008. Such vile garbage.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

orange juche posted:

That's definitely going to be the first mod I download. It was cool the first time or two but gently caress if it isn't the most pace-killing thing.

Hobo Clown posted:

I'm glad they somehow found a way to make scanning worse by adding a long, slow unskippable cutscene of you flying from planet to planet
Especially when some of the planets are loving empty. It can't be loading anything because there's nothing to load.

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

orange juche posted:

Because the ME3 on 360 didn't use peer to peer connections, Microsoft hosts all XBL multiplayer game servers, regardless of the solution used on other platforms.

What? That's not even close to correct, the actual gameplay was absolutely p2p on every platform, the infrastructure around it like the store and logins and such were EA servers. Microsoft doesn't run game servers outside of their own games (and even that's not always the case), that's up to the developers.

Dog Fat Man Chaser fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Mar 21, 2017

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

orange juche posted:

wtf most xbox live games use p2p unless they have a matchmaker, and even then a good chunk of them use p2p as well. dedicated servers are very much the exception and nowhere near the norm.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

R-Type posted:

Agreed. This will be the first game I've requested a refund for since moving to the digital distribution model in 2008. Such vile garbage.

I've never been so disappointed by nearly every single decision. Not to mention enemies phasing, teleporting, and being sucked through ceilings. The bugs are funny at first then just pathetic.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

like forza motorsport 4 still used p2p even with the matchmaker, to the degree that when the host the room chose left it'd spend time making someone else host, and if the host randomly chosen had a bad connection it'd make the game lag for everyone

and that was a first party game with a matchmaker

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Well I spent the whole day playing and it was pretty goddamn fun. Writing is uneven but more good than bad and the cast is likeable. I expected PeeBee to be awful and instead she was just sort of inoffensively uninteresting to me.

Good times.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Rinkles posted:

This, from a review, is the sort of thing a lot of us were afraid of (and saw in Dragon Age Inquisition):

"What's missing most of all from Andromeda, though, is any genuine sense of exploration. In Andromeda, there are no indifferent gods to be found over the next hill, only more waypoints. Consequently, there's no reason to set off into uncharted territory because you know that a mission will send you there anyway. Andromeda has so little faith that you'll explore on your own that anything worth seeing in its cosmic wilds is clearly marked and integrated into some kind of quest chain. Scan these rocks, gather these plants. Even if it were possible to get lost in Andromeda, I can't imagine wanting to; no matter how gorgeous the game's vistas may be, they exist largely to be exhausted and, as a result, give off a sense of emptiness, not possibility. This would be a disaster for any open world, but for a game in which you supposedly play a "Pathfinder," it's fatal. Andromeda is a game about exploration that gives you no space or reason to explore." (Glixel)

This is just not true though. It would also be dumb as gently caress be to keep all the content hidden on a huge map like this,... It would only benefit grognards who want to drive around a map for hours and hours looking for everything

For the record, there's a great sense of exploration in the main quest stuff on Eos, one of the best missions in the Mass Effect franchise, period. You're basically dwelling into a techno-dungeon and it looks awesome and it has a cool climax. Secondly, you can drive around and find caves and doodads that are not at all marked on the map, so that's in too. This is stuff I've noticed while not even trying to explore. There's also radiation blocking large parts of the map at first but if you're stubborn you can find safe paths through it as well which is cool

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 08:40 on Mar 21, 2017

ghouldaddy07
Jun 23, 2008
How is the Pyjack?

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

ghouldaddy07 posted:

How is the Pyjack?

You'll have to ask Hedrigall if you want an in depth :laugh: answer. I'd guess it's as inoffensive as any other lovely pet thing.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?
I've seen diehard fans try to justify the animations as "They were in stasis for over 600 years, they suffer from muscle anthropy." :v:

I mean gently caress, Dave Lister managed 3 million years.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
So how does one get around the level 3 radiation zones in Eos anyway. Does raising viability eventually calm their poo poo down?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Drifter posted:

You'll have to ask Hedrigall if you want an in depth :laugh: answer. I'd guess it's as inoffensive as any other lovely pet thing.

That was pretty weak, come on Drifter

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Captain Oblivious posted:

So how does one get around the level 3 radiation zones in Eos anyway. Does raising viability eventually calm their poo poo down?

Following the main story will lead to the radiation going down.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Captain Oblivious posted:

Yes

Otherwise there are certain paths that are just radiation free as well that can take you deep into the level 3 zones

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Funky See Funky Do posted:

Yeah the two modes on the Nomad seem dumb as heck. I bet they did that only so they could add a mod you can add to the car that lets you scale stuff easier

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Mar 21, 2017

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Isn't there a third mode that sucks at cornering but is good for speed?

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Isn't there a third mode that sucks at cornering but is good for speed?

It's got a short burn rocket booster and it jumps. It's not the best and it's honestly a bit gimmicky. It has no weapons and as far as I can tell no way to mod weapons onto it.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I just inadvertently hit on half the crew of the Tempest... gently caress that was awkward.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Dog Fat Man Chaser posted:

What? That's not even close to correct, the actual gameplay was absolutely p2p on every platform, the infrastructure around it like the store and logins and such were EA servers. Microsoft doesn't run game servers outside of their own games (and even that's not always the case), that's up to the developers.

Huh, I'm surprised, Microsoft always struck me as wanting control of their multiplayer experience from start to finish, the more you know I guess.

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

Alain Post posted:

good news Ghost Recon Wildlands looks like it's a bust

Haha, no, Wildlands isn't a good game (like MEA), but it sold better than anything this year, including HZD and Zelda. This OW poo poo is here to stay.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

orange juche posted:

Huh, I'm surprised, Microsoft always struck me as wanting control of their multiplayer experience from start to finish, the more you know I guess.

They want plausible deniability. They want to be able to say that they did everything they could to provide a safe, fun environment for your (or, others) kids to play on but they don't want to be actually legally responsible for your (or, a) kid spouting out a bunch of racist misogynistic poo poo they picked up while playing Halo.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Decius posted:

Haha, no, Wildlands isn't a good game (like MEA), but it sold better than anything this year, including HZD and Zelda. This OW poo poo is here to stay.

Inexplicable as though it might be, Ghost Recon Wildlands has sold faster than any game of 2017 so far. Part of that of course is because it's multiplatform whereas Horizon and Zelda are console exclusives, but people eat this middling poo poo right up (which is why Andromeda will also be a commercial success).

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

Despite all the flaws and jankyness, played this for 8 hours yesterday, and stopped only because it was 2 in the morning.
The fun combat and movement outweighs a lot of the crappy stuff.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'
gonna be good when the next mass effect sequel just strips out the things the series always did badly like characters and choices and stuff in favor of the Amazing Combat the series is known for

lol like there'll be another ME game

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
SO apparently 2 months before Bioware put the first trailer out there was a fan edit of the cinematic trailer where the guy overdubbed that rag 'n bone trailer music.

And then 2 months later Bioware put out their official trailer with that same music over it, with devs claiming "there's a very good reason we chose this particular song to go into our trailer blah blah blah."

What? Everything just screams amateur hour here with ME:A.

Kinda goofy, if you ask me. Cool for the rando fan, I guess, but the devs were really trying to be all mysterious with that trailer music, when everyone was saying it seemed a little non-mass effecty.

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Decius posted:

I want to like WIldlands, but I can't look past the janky vehicle driving/flying and the fact that my airsoft gun has a higher muzzle velocity than anything in the game.

Drifter posted:

SO apparently 2 months before Bioware put the first trailer out there was a fan edit of the cinematic trailer where the guy overdubbed that rag 'n bone trailer music.

And then 2 months later Bioware put out their official trailer with that same music over it, with devs claiming "there's a very good reason we chose this particular song to go into our trailer blah blah blah."

What? Everything just screams amateur hour here with ME:A.

Kinda goofy, if you ask me. Cool for the rando fan, I guess, but the devs were really trying to be all mysterious with that trailer music, when everyone was saying it seemed a little non-mass effecty.
I actually kinda liked that trailer. Song's catchy.

e: Alot of the people complaining about the music were people who don't like things being a bit different, "It's not two steps from hell!!"

Falken fucked around with this message at 09:52 on Mar 21, 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Zzulu posted:

This is just not true though. It would also be dumb as gently caress be to keep all the content hidden on a huge map like this,... It would only benefit grognards who want to drive around a map for hours and hours looking for everything

For the record, there's a great sense of exploration in the main quest stuff on Eos, one of the best missions in the Mass Effect franchise, period. You're basically dwelling into a techno-dungeon and it looks awesome and it has a cool climax. Secondly, you can drive around and find caves and doodads that are not at all marked on the map, so that's in too. This is stuff I've noticed while not even trying to explore. There's also radiation blocking large parts of the map at first but if you're stubborn you can find safe paths through it as well which is cool

Let's hope you still feel this way half way through the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

I can't help but feel that the devs played Halo, and were like "These forerunner structures are neat. Lets use them."