Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

fridge corn posted:

No he just balked at the suggestion that the character looks slutty but didn't offer and evidence of explanation to the contrary

This conversation is not constructive so I don't wish to continue it. I don't see how my posts highlighting a obviously highly problematic issue in a video game could be considered "bad" other than people seem to have been offended by it.

fridge corn posted:

There is a distinct difference in agency between an actual human being choosing to wear revealing clothing and a fictional character being designed that way

I never said the character was a slut, I was refering to her appearance and its intention to titillate

Maybe don't phrase it like your moral values are rooted in the late 19th century, and you're angry that a woman has deigned to show skin below her neck. Also you're throwing the word 'slut' around without a clue as to its proper use, because it's a description of character personality rather than appearance. It can be inferred from a combination overtly-clothing and/or attitude, but baring some skin in of itself doesn't inherently make someone slutty. None of us have disagreed that 2B's outfit is very sexually-influenced, but you've just taken it to a dumb place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Dark Souls 3 patch notes!

No spoilers

https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/60mif2/the_patches_notes_march_24th_no_spoilers/

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Why the gently caress do people keep responding to fridge corn

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Why the gently caress do people keep responding to fridge corn

I'm gonna have to do it again the next time they bring this up, because I just realized I missed an opportunity to end the conversation with "This cannot continue" :v:

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

I'm gonna have to do it again the next time they bring this up, because I just realized I missed an opportunity to end the conversation with "This cannot continue" :v:

Hmmmm, acceptable.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Maybe don't phrase it like your moral values are rooted in the late 19th century, and you're angry that a woman has deigned to show skin below her neck. Also you're throwing the word 'slut' around without a clue as to its proper use, because it's a description of character personality rather than appearance. It can be inferred from a combination overtly-clothing and/or attitude, but baring some skin in of itself doesn't inherently make someone slutty. None of us have disagreed that 2B's outfit is very sexually-influenced, but you've just taken it to a dumb place.

So this is all a big misunderstanding. I referred to 2B being slutty (as in slut-like) and looking like she was dressed for a co-ed Halloween party, but I wasn't using the term in a derogatory manner. In the context of a co-ed Halloween party, sluttiness is more or less appropriate. In the context of the video game, sluttiness is inappropriate. In no way did i mean to convey that sluttiness was an objectively bad thing, though i find it weird that people became so defensive over a perceived slight on the characters personality

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Nier is almost too JRPG for me but it's fun and I'm gonna play it so that's my story

:yeah:

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
Oh poo poo, BTW, the free DLC campaign for Gravity Rush 2 is out now! You play as Raven, during the time from the first game where she got separated from Kat while riding the ark back to Hekseville. There's also another downloadable outfit for Kat (which is also free). It's not the Automata crossover of 2B's outfit though, they still haven't given a date for that.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Oh poo poo, BTW, the free DLC campaign for Gravity Rush 2 is out now! You play as Raven, during the time from the first game where she got separated from Kat while riding the ark back to Hekseville. There's also another downloadable outfit for Kat (which is also free). It's not the Automata crossover of 2B's outfit though, they still haven't given a date for that.

Aw hell yeah. Only saw the Raven DLC and the PSO2 outfit but hey.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Aw hell yeah. Only saw the Raven DLC and the PSO2 outfit but hey.

Really? That's weird, in the Danish store there's a black version of Kali's outfit too, complete with a goth-black dye job

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Instant Grat posted:

Really? That's weird, in the Danish store there's a black version of Kali's outfit too, complete with a goth-black dye job

Dunno! AU store, so it should be mostly the same. Eh, it's probably still updating, I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah this is like the worst time to check stuff because half of it isn't there, I don't bother til Wednesday nowadays.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
PSO2 collaboration stuff coming out outside of Japan without PSO2 itself is pretty screwed up.

That said, I feel PSO2 is collapsing under the weight of adding new features but without removing old ones and I haven't really enjoyed playing it in months.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Samurai Sanders posted:

PSO2 collaboration stuff coming out outside of Japan without PSO2 itself is pretty screwed up.

All I know of PSO2 is the hilariously awful costume in Gravity Rush 2. SPACE PANTIES!! Honestly...

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

That said, I feel PSO2 is collapsing under the weight of adding new features but without removing old ones and I haven't really enjoyed playing it in months.

New features that people do for a total of two weeks (see: Vegas rideroid quests) and then ignore while they idle in the lobby for EQs like always and wait for the next update in three months time. Sega mismanage that game something fierce.

Oh well, at least we get good music out of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3B7yWJCGI6w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyobZJxPpRQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oh_0pmku8jc

be what you wanna be

Instant Grat posted:

All I know of PSO2 is the hilariously awful costume in Gravity Rush 2. SPACE PANTIES!! Honestly...

Fun fact, that outfit was "designed" for Gunners, who have a lot of moves that involve doing the splits. Yeaaah. It's pretty much only the one they picked to put in GR2 because it's called "Crazy Kitten", with Kat's Japanese name being Kitten.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

kirbysuperstar posted:

Dunno! AU store, so it should be mostly the same. Eh, it's probably still updating, I'm sure it'll turn up soon enough.

Huh, it looks like they removed the Dark Angel costume from the store?? Guess I just got lucky and managed to grab it before that.

EDIT: Yeah, they definitely took it down for some reason. God knows why. Here's a tripod selfie of what it looks like:

Instant Grat fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 21, 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

There's probably a PS4 humble bundle today.

Also GOTY Persona 5 comes out in two weeks yall.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Harlock posted:

There's probably a PS4 humble bundle today.

Also GOTY Persona 5 comes out in two weeks yall.

Fuuuuuuuck but I still got like... 20 endings left to get in Nier! And the Raven DLC for GR2! And Kingdom Hearts 2.8!

I'm gonna loving drown in video games!

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE
poo poo I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED YAKUZA 0 YET BECAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY PLOWING THROUGH THE REST OF THE SERIES

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

The Kingdom Hearts remaster comes out next week too. If you're into that.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Harlock posted:

The Kingdom Hearts remaster comes out next week too. If you're into that.

We've been circlejerking about all the glitches they managed to introduce to KH2 over in the Kingdom Hearts thread. They've patched the most egregious ones, but it still sometimes hard-crashes when you're trying to save, which is excellent.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Avoid until they fix the game, they managed to gently caress it up so it crashes on saving of all things, losing hours of progress as a result.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Or like two or three minutes if you're a compulsive saver

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Instant Grat posted:

poo poo I HAVEN'T EVEN PLAYED YAKUZA 0 YET BECAUSE I WAS TOO BUSY PLOWING THROUGH THE REST OF THE SERIES

It's Sooooo good. Funniest game I've ever played.
The inconsistency of tone is something that wouldn't work in most series.

One minute you're watching a super serious cut scene about gangland killings, the next you're protecting Michael Jackson from zombies as he moonwalks through the streets.

So so good.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Quantum of Phallus posted:

It's Sooooo good. Funniest game I've ever played.
The inconsistency of tone is something that wouldn't work in most series.

One minute you're watching a super serious cut scene about gangland killings, the next you're protecting Michael Jackson from zombies as he moonwalks through the streets.

So so good.

When Yakuza 0 came out, I'd just finished playing through 2, 3, 4, Dead Souls, and 5 in the span of about a month and a half (I beat 1 a year or so ago), so I decided to take a breather since I was kind of burnt out on the series.

I'm super excited to get into it though, it sounds like it's continuing the tradition of every game in the series being more fun than the last one (I like 3 shut up)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jesus, I get burnt out before the end of just one usually.

Instant Grat
Jul 31, 2009

Just add
NERD RAAAAAAGE

Sakurazuka posted:

Killing time waiting for my final exam, then killing time waiting for my graduation, then killing time waiting for responses to job applications

Lot of free time

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

I have played them all but there's no way I would play them back to back like that, they're too similar to each other.

Honestly I think 0 and Kiwami came out too close to each other in Japan; they run together in my head.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah every Yakuza game I play runs the same course where I play it for like 110 hours doing everything I can, hitting some kind of call in completion score (this time it was Mahjong), then shelving the game for a couple months and going back to it when I feel up to it again. I just picked it back up and cleared out Amon, who's probably the easiest he's ever been in this game.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Yeah every Yakuza game I play runs the same course where I play it for like 110 hours doing everything I can, hitting some kind of call in completion score (this time it was Mahjong), then shelving the game for a couple months and going back to it when I feel up to it again. I just picked it back up and cleared out Amon, who's probably the easiest he's ever been in this game.
Your avatar reminded me that Musou Stars comes out next week here. All the games I have been playing recently are all intellectual and poo poo comapred to that, so I'd like a change of pace.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GqKpTjuxk0

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Apparently cool game Digimon Cyber Sleuth is getting a sequel next year coming to the USA.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Yeah I'll probably still get it but it's disappointing there doesn't seem to be a female MC this time around.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Harlock posted:

Apparently cool game Digimon Cyber Sleuth is getting a sequel next year coming to the USA.

Stop with the good upcoming games Sony, my poor wallet can't take much more :stwoon:.

Sefal
Nov 8, 2011
Fun Shoe
I cannot believe how strong 2017 has started. Has there ever been a year with this amazing of a start?

Trojan Kaiju
Feb 13, 2012

Harlock posted:

gently caress yeah, hopefully they won't gently caress up the localization so immensely this time!

Or they'll gently caress it up even more for laughs! :dance:

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!

Sefal posted:

I cannot believe how strong 2017 has started. Has there ever been a year with this amazing of a start?

I can't recall; also I'm a no-lifer and have played and beaten almost every AAA/AA non-Switch release since January and I STILL have all these until early May:

Mass Effect: Andromeda
Dark Souls 3 DLC and maybe Rain World on the 28th
Persona 5
Nioh DLC
Prey

I wonder if this fall and winter when it's usually crowded is going to be super barren this year

Lakbay fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 21, 2017

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime
So ME:A is out at this point right? I feel like I've seen very little talk of it now being playable.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

It's out. Playable is a matter of taste...

SettingSun
Aug 10, 2013

rotaryfun posted:

So ME:A is out at this point right? I feel like I've seen very little talk of it now being playable.

You have not been in the ME:A thread it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lakbay
Dec 14, 2006

My eye...MY EYE!!!
I'm renting it, so if I hate it I can always return it tomorrow (like I did with No Man's Sky)