Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

:eyepop: Bors solved it

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord

:nyoron:

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

The Maestro posted:

What about auto cannibalism?

You'll have to stick to the soft fleshy parts like the tires and the hoses as metal is kind of hard to eat.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

I'm beginning to become concerned the trump caricatures are the first step on the long horrible road to British political cartoons...

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

We can only hope.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
As long as we can avoid the defecating anuses I'm down for our toons getting more grotesque.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

mandatory lesbian posted:

are you defending lester? have you seen his cartoons wo/man

no I'm making fun of the right whining about modern art.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Johnny Walker posted:

Sometimes the denial of reality just gets to be too much for me. I mean you don't like Obamacare, fine, I admit it has problems. But how you can sit there and legitimately try to make it look like the Republican plan is an example of Republicans being staunch and sober conservatives in the face of Democratic recklessness is just beyond me. Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.

"Yeah but what about DEBT? Checkmate, liberals." --Michaelp Ramirez

stillvisions
Oct 15, 2014

I really should have come up with something better before spending five bucks on this.

Pants Donkey posted:

Stantis has been doing this "Everything is terrible cause Trump but I won't go into details" for five months now. Like, do something or end your comic dude; this is more repetitive than Tinsley.

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

I'm seriously wondering if he's having emotional/mental issues or severe writers block.

I think there's a couple things here:

1) He's really suffering from the three week lag to publish. Anything he says now will probably be totally forgoten by the time this hits print.
2) Most of his audience who were shocked and appalled were only that way until Trump won. Nobody left of center likes him, and now he's tap dancing around his hatred of Trump and hoping that he has some big redeeming moment. Or someone on the left does something wrong or be obstructionist and he can seize on that for weeks.

So yeah, I don't think writers block as "afraid to say anything or else he'll get death threats or be proven wrong by the time it goes to print".

BarbarianElephant
Feb 12, 2015
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.

Radish posted:

Like I really can't imagine being so deluded that if there was a Democratic version of Trump that did nothing but gently caress up and insult everyone while being an obvious mess I would be "no actually this is totally awesome" like all these supposedly Reasonable and Serious Republican pundits and cartoonists are saying. Adults in the room indeed.

I dunno. Try imagining a Democratic Trump that's giving left-wingers everything they want in their wildest dreams - UHC, a citizen's wage, very left-wing judges on the Supreme court. But he's also a loving loon that tweets crazy stuff regularly, seems deranged enough to worry that he has access to nuclear codes, and also seems to be in the pocket of Venezuela. Would you be all "Impeach now!" or "I dunno, nothing is proven yet and his plans are very good. Sure, he's eccentric. But Universal Health Care!"?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I think Stantis had basically hitched to the idea that Hillary's win was inevitable, and was ready to start doing a bunch of predictable "MINIONZ" comics with Hunny Bunny basically being DASGDC. Since Trump won, he's lost his major arc and can't quite adjust. Seriously, we haven't seen any major character since the election as far as I can tell. Except maybe Skunk Trump.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

BarbarianElephant posted:

I dunno. Try imagining a Democratic Trump that's giving left-wingers everything they want in their wildest dreams - UHC, a citizen's wage, very left-wing judges on the Supreme court. But he's also a loving loon that tweets crazy stuff regularly, seems deranged enough to worry that he has access to nuclear codes, and also seems to be in the pocket of Venezuela. Would you be all "Impeach now!" or "I dunno, nothing is proven yet and his plans are very good. Sure, he's eccentric. But Universal Health Care!"?

So sort of like a modern Huey Long?

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

:dukedoge: :fh:

Potato Salad fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Mar 21, 2017

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

So sort of like a modern Huey Long?

If we're going with current people, Alan Grayson.

Who, by the way, has no future as an elected politician. "Liberal Trump," with both that level of power and that level of jackassery, simply doesn't exist in 2017's United States.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

World Famous W posted:

As long as we can avoid the defecating anuses I'm down for our toons getting more grotesque.

British cartoons, while grotesque, fail to adequately capture the horror of modern US politics. In a few months this thread is going to look like a Beksinski gallery.

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

British cartoons, while grotesque, fail to adequately capture the horror of modern US politics. In a few months this thread is going to look like a Beksinski gallery.

Or metaphor, whichever.

Ultraklystron
May 19, 2010

Unsafe At Every Speed
Yeah that Fish with the bottom cut off would be great. Pity.

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The explanation, while chunky, at least addresses the WHY of what is essentially a mirror of Ramirez's "DON'T TURN LEFT!" comics.
Ramirez on the other hand, despite labeling everything, makes no attempt to explain why we have to keep turning right. At least Fish says "yeah because we won't want torture, bigotry, and science-rejection to become the new norm, and public acceptance of those things is growing". It's hardly a subtle cartoon but it at least tries to back its claims.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Tim Kreider actually drew a new cartoon in honor of this new age of Republican cooperation

:nws: http://imgur.com/PHdd4EF :nws:

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"

It's good but it needs something. The card should say "my crush". Otherwise amazing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Tim Kreider actually drew a new cartoon in honor of this new age of Republican cooperation

I didn't expect this to be an actual new Krieder but it's real and it's glorious. The portrait is a nice touch.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

BarbarianElephant posted:

The difference is that Trump isn't actually giving them half of what he's claiming so I would have to THINK Insane Democratic President's giving me UHC and a citizen's wage when in actuality he's not. Even his dumbass racist poo poo isn't working as well as it could since he and his crew were too incompetent not to tip their hands. Also it's not like he wouldn't be replaced with a Democratic VP that is probably pretty close ideologically.

Also yeah I would still be pretty worried about the nukes.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

duz posted:

You'll have to stick to the soft fleshy parts like the tires and the hoses as metal is kind of hard to eat.

Michel Lotito would disagree.

Easy Salmon Recipe
Jan 10, 2017

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

The words "National treasure" get thrown around a lot these days, but holy crap, it describes Kreider to a T.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Easy Salmon Recipe posted:

The words "National treasure" get thrown around a lot these days, but holy crap, it describes Kreider to a T.

Does the return of Kreider mean that the mattering may happen?

Fuckt Tupp
Apr 19, 2007

Science
Didn't see this one posted yet.

Fuckt Tupp fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 21, 2017

Fates End
Oct 17, 2009

Internet Webguy posted:

Didn't see this one posted yet.

I guess it was heaven with the pee tapes all along.

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe
I was wondering if anyone would go there with the Chuck Berry obits. Kelly never disappoints.

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
When I first saw that I thought it was an elephant holding a decapitated Trump head that was making out with Putin.

I think I need more sleep.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Sandpuppy posted:

I was wondering if anyone would go there with the Chuck Berry obits. Kelly never disappoints.

Americans for Limited government except when it comes to going to war.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

And now, I want the return of Safty Seth, or whatever that Flash Tub was

beepsandboops
Jan 28, 2014

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I liked his commentary on it too:

quote:

Once in a while I still return to my old vocation of cartooning. Though my former fans may be disappointed to see that my once-prurient humor has been tempered by the thoughtfulness, subtlety and restraint of middle age.

SoR Blaze
Apr 12, 2006

I feel like that's the best Bennet I've seen in a while

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I see he's still not taking any loving prisoners, jesus. :v:

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Milt Priggee is definitely one of the Good Ones. Bernie Wrightson was a titan, and unlike certain other people he knew how to crosshatch.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Jedit posted:

Milt Priggee is definitely one of the Good Ones. Bernie Wrightson was a titan, and unlike certain other people he knew how to crosshatch.

Glorious. How long had he been working when he made that, compared to Kirschen?

21 Muns
Dec 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

It's obviously disingenuous for the Democrats to accuse Trump of corruption for encouraging Russian hacking when the result of that hacking was revealing their own crimes. A Bad Cartoon

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Somfin posted:

Glorious. How long had he been working when he made that, compared to Kirschen?

Wrightson published his Frankenstein in 1983 (after seven years of work!) and started his professional career around 1966, so about 17 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

I guess "Trump being a buffoon is preferable to Hillary drones drones drones drones" counts as skepticism of Trump's solutions, sort of.

Johnny Walker posted:

Sometimes the denial of reality just gets to be too much for me. I mean you don't like Obamacare, fine, I admit it has problems. But how you can sit there and legitimately try to make it look like the Republican plan is an example of Republicans being staunch and sober conservatives in the face of Democratic recklessness is just beyond me. Millions of people will lose health insurance. A number of those people will die as a direct result. This is literally what the plan will do.

I think Ramirez is acknowledging that. Both boats are headed over the waterfall. He's just trying to zing Democrats by saying, "You can't criticize Republicans when your plan is also made of carbon!"

But it doesn't really capture the reality that the Republicans want to drag more people over the falls with them.

• Locked thread