Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
echos of benghazi

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Baloogan posted:

echos of benghazi

that's my favorite final fantasy 7 spin-off game

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

tadashi posted:

I would like to see Richard Kayanka get to be president for a couple months. I think it would take entertainment to a whole different level. I mean if Trump gets to do it, why not Lowtax?

Trump is actually funny though.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jazerus posted:

that's my favorite final fantasy 7 spin-off game

Hillary killed Aeris Vince Foster!

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Lastgirl posted:

marxism and capitalism as a whole both equally suck because they're founded on the tenants of agriculture, y'all headed for a dead end in that divergence in human history lmebo

real humans are nomads and hunter/gatherers and it is the correct path, namaste

I'm gonna start working on a new political theory, Anarcho-Yassaism.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Thoguh posted:

She lost because she was a bad candidate. Not because of Russia. The Russia stuff is disturbing but doesn't excuse her loss.

Hell, her getting taped passing the gently caress out and getting chucked in to a waiting van like a sack of potatoes probably had more of an impact on the results than that letter.

I'll never understand why this thread can't understand that Comey threw the election but the election shouldn't have been that close to begin with can both be true things.

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/placeboing/status/844083308975800320

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

unlike the clintons, voyager doesn't have a fanbase that desperately tries to convince you it's the greatest thing ever made and tries to guilt you into shutting up about criticisms regarding writing, acting, and direction.

how soon we forget Aatrek

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Neurolimal posted:

how soon we forget Aatrek

Well there's one group that didn't forget Aatrek...

mods

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

zegermans posted:

I'll never understand why this thread can't understand that Comey threw the election but the election shouldn't have been that close to begin with can both be true things.

Because Comey didn't throw the election. The only people who cared about that letter enough that it might have impacted how they voted were already voting Trump.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
hello i dont know what i should get for lunch

maybe some tacos

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

hello i dont know what i should get for lunch

maybe some tacos

tacos are never a bad choice my friend

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

UHD posted:

tacos are never a bad choice my friend

the words of someone with a better stomach than mine

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

loquacius posted:

Tacos don't have to be greasy gutbombs.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
It is taco Tuesday after all

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

loquacius posted:

i said a taco not a TAQUIRITO CRUNCHBLAST SUPREME

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
I'm more of a Crunchblast Jr guy

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
is that the one they tilt upside down to show u the beans dont run out

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Business Gorillas posted:

Hillary Clinton is the Firefly of politics :grin:

loving horrible but wrong people keep thinking it's good and won't shut up about it?

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Gringostar posted:

loving horrible but wrong people keep thinking it's good and won't shut up about it?

deng chi chu wa bing bong so simple

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound
or canceled after one season only to be given another shot and fail miserably at that to?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

so i was reading up on the news, and everyone's talking about this adam schiff guy as a rising star of the dems: https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...m=.25e8ef373791

so I decided to read up on him

quote:

The fun didn’t end with the Q-and-A. After an hour or so of taping — all of which was edited down into four cruel minutes of “gotcha” hilarity — Schiff was invited to finish the sketch by whacking Colbert over the head with a prop bottle. He accepted the offer, perhaps with relish, given the roasting he had just received.

But there was nothing showbiz about what happened next: The bottle had a sharp edge, and Colbert, slightly wounded, was hurried off to the nurse.

Now it’s at this point in the story that an ominous shadow falls over the congressman’s face.

“A lot of others have been interviewed on the show, but only one member has actually made him [Colbert] bleed,” Schiff says, his voice ringing with a steely “Dirty Harry” note of pride in the pay back. Colbert’s injury proved to be superficial.

:stonk:

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Gringostar posted:

wait it's cool to hate firefly now?

Thank god.

Hurrdurr it's a space western except with actual horses and poo poo because we didn't read the definition at all

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
all I know about firefly is that it has a naked lady in a case scene that it took from an old anime

also something about space confederate veterans and space rights

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thoguh posted:

Because Comey didn't throw the election. The only people who cared about that letter enough that it might have impacted how they voted were already voting Trump.

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

joss whedon is also one of the archwokes, incidentally

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
The white whale formerly known as Comey

and just like ahab hillary was done in via her pissing match with a meek sea creature

MaxxBot
Oct 6, 2003

you could have clapped

you should have clapped!!
:lol: actually that's pretty funny

https://twitter.com/peterdaou/status/843458379444092933

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

wait it's cool to hate firefly now?

Thank god.

Hurrdurr it's a space western except with actual horses and poo poo because we didn't read the definition at all

I don't think I've seen anyone say anything positive about Firefly in like 10 years

Maybe that's because my primary Internet discussion space is SA which is famously curmudgeonly though

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Lmao

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Does Peter Daou ever talk about anything other than how unjust and horrible it is that people don't like Hillary Clinton

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

The Brown Menace posted:

joss whedon is also one of the archwokes, incidentally

my only hope is that he's not going to do the next avenger movies because the first one sucked and the second on only sucked less

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
i hope the next avengers movie has superman punching a giant spider

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i thought it was pretty neat how one of the lingua francas in firefly was chinese and there were zero chinese people

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

How many of that 10% shift do you feel was going to vote for either instead of gary johnson, if a "we're investigating the podesta emails" was enough to shift them

Like, before the emails a lot of dems liked to call independents 'republicans in denial', but now we're supposed to believe Hillary had them in the bag?

Condiv
May 7, 2008

Sorry to undo the effort of paying a domestic abuser $10 to own this poster, but I am going to lose my dang mind if I keep seeing multiple posters who appear to be Baloogan.

With love,
a mod

lol those numbers. dems could've had someone who polls above a 0 favorability, but they chose a candidate who could be as hated as a fascist midget

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

paranoid randroid posted:

i thought it was pretty neat how one of the lingua francas in firefly was chinese and there were zero chinese people

when was the last time you saw an englishman

Condiv
May 7, 2008

With love,
a mod

Condiv posted:

lol those numbers. dems could've had someone who polls above a 0 favorability, but they chose a candidate who could be as hated as a fascist midget

btw, what'd hillary do on 10/9 to tank her numbers?

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Neurolimal posted:

How many of that 10% shift do you feel was going to vote for either instead of gary johnson, if a "we're investigating the podesta emails" was enough to shift them

Like, before the emails a lot of dems liked to call independents 'republicans in denial', but now we're supposed to believe Hillary had them in the bag?

The leaked DNC/Podesta emails were also a huge nothingburger, but Russian intervention is the reason Hillary lost.

Even though the DNC/Podesta emails being leaked, as far as we know, were what that intervention entailed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar
And this directly correlates towards who actually won because....?

I thought we disproved long ago that approval polls do not correlate directly to votes because if so then neither of the poo poo choices we had would've won.

The only ones that let the letter influence their voting were those already not voting Hillary in the first place or were on the cusp. Which is more Hillary's fault for running a failure of a campaign rather than all the mean poo poo said against her.

ThndrShk2k has issued a correction as of 17:11 on Mar 21, 2017

• Locked thread