Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Krustic posted:

It doesn't matter. SHE LOST. Get over it. Work to help your party find a candidate that isn't a super unlikeable corrupt corporate shill puppet so they might win against literal Hitler next time if you're so concerned. You are going through all kinds of mental gymnastics to support a loser with a great resume. "Hillary Clinton will say anything and change nothing". Barrack Obama.

Yeah like has been said before 3 million more people voted for her than him. He didn't exactly win because she was less popular my dude. Your argument means less than nothing cause its the opposite of what happened

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah like has been said before 3 million more people voted for her than him. He didn't exactly win because she was less popular my dude. Your argument means less than nothing

she also spent twice as much as trump, which should really go in the lol thread, because lol

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes
Stop denying reality libtards! He lost the popular vote and won on a technicality! He barely won! Accept your president that basically won by accident and didn't want the job anyway! Fam!

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

and he can't get treatment because gently caress the mentally unwell, a policy proudly held by your republican masters

That sucks, if only Democrats did something about the mental illness epidemic in this country by repealing the poo poo Reagan did. It's almost like, both parties are poo poo??

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Aesop Poprock posted:

Yeah like has been said before 3 million more people voted for her than him. He didn't exactly win because she was less popular my dude. Your argument means less than nothing cause its the opposite of what happened

The electoral college was designed to stop power from concentrating in urban centers, because people living in extremely close proximity to one another often have the same interests

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

The electoral college was designed to stop power from concentrating in urban centers, because people living in extremely close proximity to one another often have the same interests

That's cool but that's not what the dude I was replying to was arguing

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

And that's been proven time and time again to be a massively bad idea.

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

a bone to pick posted:

That sucks, if only Democrats did something about the mental illness epidemic in this country by repealing the poo poo Reagan did. It's almost like, both parties are poo poo??

Yeah I wish the dems wiped Reagan's rear end after he poo poo the bed too

"It's your job to fix the hole I put in the boat"

I'm not trying to make you a strawman fam please don't get mad, you're just a complete stereotype. Nothing you say is anything I haven't heard before living in kansas, a state which god would destroy if there was justice in this timeline

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Jukebox Hero posted:

Stop denying reality libtards! He lost the popular vote and won on a technicality! He barely won! Accept your president that basically won by accident and didn't want the job anyway! Fam!

he won the exact way every president wins. the poopular vote is a placation and doesn't mean poo poo lmbo hth

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Why? It functioned very well this election. Power was being sapped from the hinterlands into the big cities. America is huge, there's no need for it to be 90% wasteland

Jukebox Hero
Dec 27, 2007
stars in his eyes

rezatahs posted:

he won the exact way every president wins. the poopular vote is a placation and doesn't mean poo poo lmbo hth

Yeah gently caress that, the real important issue is the electoral college being a loving joke. Popular vote SHOULD be the only thing that matters.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot
Without the electoral college, the American countryside would have dried out more and more with the cities becoming more and more overcrowded. Leaving the countryside to be bought up by rich city folks as their huge estates, with the towns functioning as tourist support systems

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Why? It functioned very well this election. Power was being sapped from the hinterlands into the big cities. America is huge, there's no need for it to be 90% wasteland

I took think people living in Viola Wisconsin should have a more representative vote than someone living in the most populated, economically strong, and educated areas.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I took think people living in Viola Wisconsin should have a more representative vote than someone living in the most populated, economically strong, and educated areas.

I got a good education so I understand why a system (popular vote) where 3 guys in the city can vote for 1 farmer to lose all his stuff is a really bad idea

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Aesop Poprock posted:

Within the system we have SHE LOST. She had every advantage over him and she lost. It's gonna be real sad when the democrats refuse to do anything differently in the next election and lose again. She is clearly unpopular compared to Barrack Obama and Bill Clinton.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

Mordor She Wrote posted:

yeah like when obama got elected using the rust belt vote, that was an awful idea you goddamn racist

Krustic
Mar 28, 2010

Everything I say draws controversy. It's kinda like the abortion issue.

Aesop Poprock posted:

That's cool but that's not what the dude I was replying to was arguing

Yes it is.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

I got a good education so I understand why a system (popular vote) where 3 guys in the city can vote for 1 farmer to lose all his stuff is a really bad idea

I fail to see why the (usually completely retarded) desires of one farmer should outweigh 3 other people.

"Well you see I choose to live in economic and social isolation in a town with three people, won't don't those big city liberals care about my concerns that BROWN PEOPLE are coming to take my job and OBAMA'S DEATH PANELS will be here any day now"?

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I fail to see why the (usually completely retarded) desires of one farmer should outweigh 3 other people.

"Well you see I choose to live in economic and social isolation in a town with three people, won't don't those big city liberals care about my concerns that BROWN PEOPLE are coming to take my job and OBAMA'S DEATH PANELS will be here any day now"?

Yes, mob rule is often very wise, there's no such thing as majority oppression (unless it's by whites of course)

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.

Mordor She Wrote posted:

You also admitted in the fash thread that you hate middle American trump voters so your judgement is cloudy like piss

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Knight posted:

National polling had Hillary +3, she lead him by 3 million votes. No matter how badly some may want to change the subject to the EC, the polls accurately reflected the national vote. That predictions by news organizations were hilariously wrong (98%!) does not mean that polling ceases to exist.

Trump and his administration's disapproval ratings are historic. The only way Trump's supporters can insulate their feefees from that reality is to attack any attempt to track his job approval as meaningless, then the discussion stays in the arena they like: insults and shouting.

Gee I wonder if large sections of the media and the intelligence community openly declaring war on the administration because they didn't get their abuela have anything to do with that.

The funny thing is that a lot of his policies poll just fine.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Jukebox Hero posted:

Yeah gently caress that, the real important issue is the electoral college being a loving joke. Popular vote SHOULD be the only thing that matters.

Let's put trans bathroom rights up to a popular vote right now and see what happens.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Toadvine posted:

You also admitted in the fash thread that you hate middle American trump voters so your judgement is cloudy like piss

My liberal friends actually just hate country whites and that's all it really comes down to

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jukebox Hero posted:

Yeah I wish the dems wiped Reagan's rear end after he poo poo the bed too

"It's your job to fix the hole I put in the boat"

I'm not trying to make you a strawman fam please don't get mad, you're just a complete stereotype. Nothing you say is anything I haven't heard before living in kansas, a state which god would destroy if there was justice in this timeline

Where you trying to make a point here or just show everyone how chromosomally challenged you are?

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Yes, mob rule is often very wise, there's no such thing as majority oppression (unless it's by whites of course)

Scientific analysis has proven that it is literally impossible to have a voting system that everyone is happy with, even super fancy preferential voting and stuff. For a real life example, consider that a minority of voting Americans elected a man who's going to take away health infrastructure from rurals so they die slowly of opioid addictions, lol

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

Piss is generally clear, drink more water.

Also yeah, living among people who constantly vote for the thing that will gently caress them over the most and never learn generally gives you a poor outlook on them. I dealt with being around "good ole real America" for 22 years and finally managed to get out of that nightmare area.

Spunky Psycho Ho
Jan 26, 2007

by zen death robot

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Piss is generally clear, drink more water.

Also yeah, living among people who constantly vote for the thing that will gently caress them over the most and never learn generally gives you a poor outlook on them. I dealt with being around "good ole real America" for 22 years and finally managed to get out of that nightmare area.

You think the city is full of Wise old Copernicuses? This place is full of people that dress like Elvis to go metal detector on the beach

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

You think the city is full of Wise old Copernicuses? This place is full of people that dress like Elvis to go metal detector on the beach

So far my city experience is infinitely better than living in rural Wisconsin, yes.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound
Like it or not the Electoral College is specifically set up to protect minorities. Watching progressives rail against it in favor of mob rule is hilarious.

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

new phone who dis posted:

Like it or not the Electoral College is specifically set up to protect minorities. Watching progressives rail against it in favor of mob rule is hilarious.

Tell me which..minorities has it protected?

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

My liberal friends actually just hate country whites and that's all it really comes down to

I grew up in Ohio. I love all these flyover folks, I hate the corporations and media empires and self serving politicians who manipulate and deprive them of the means to live a successful life.

Mordor thinks people choose to be working poor, somehow.

Knight
Dec 23, 2000

SPACE-A-HOLIC
Taco Defender

Gee I wonder if large sections of the media and the intelligence community openly declaring war on the administration because they didn't get their abuela have anything to do with that.

The funny thing is that a lot of his policies poll just fine.
Which still doesn't change his dismal job approval ratings, just provides another rationalization for those who have hitched their ego to Plucky Lil Donnie.

As far as policies go, a lot of people were really hyped about repealing the ACA/Obamacare until they found out what the actual repercussions would be (or that the consequences would be real instead of just complaints). People complain about paying taxes until we start talking about cutting the programs they rely on.

(Note the changes mid-November and late-January)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

Toadvine posted:

I grew up in Ohio. I love all these flyover folks, I hate the corporations and media empires and self serving politicians who manipulate and deprive them of the means to live a successful life.

Mordor thinks people choose to be working poor, somehow.

Because..they vote for it, consistently?

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
Obama was able to win Wisconsin because he actually showed up and got people to turn out and vote. This is a state that elected Scott Walker 3 times, it wasn't exactly a shoe in.

If you want to get rid of electoral college, you first have to get elected.

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Tell me which..minorities has it protected?

The rural minority from the urban majority. The rust belt minority from the coastal majority. There are more minorities in politics than the ones defined by the myopic views of identity politics.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Spunky Psycho Ho posted:

Im not sure the rural population is any better. People are people. 1 person, one vote. I hope thats not too radical for you.

To be fair shillary knew the rules and hosed up anyway.

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009

Mordor She Wrote posted:

Because..they vote for it, consistently?

consistently downtrodden groups can be manipulated by greedy types to act against their own best interests

You're either dumb or vindictive if you think 60 million Americans are innately bigoted rather than desperate and mislead

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

Knight posted:

Which still doesn't change his dismal job approval ratings, just provides another rationalization for those who have hitched their ego to Plucky Lil Donnie.

As far as policies go, a lot of people were really hyped about repealing the ACA/Obamacare until they found out what the actual repercussions would be (or that the consequences would be real instead of just complaints). People complain about paying taxes until we start talking about cutting the programs they rely on.

(Note the changes mid-November and late-January)
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/obama_and_democrats_health_care_plan-1130.html

The whole trick of globalism is to get people hooked on poo poo policies that are bad for them. NAFTA is a good example of this. Even though it gutted industries across the country, the ones that managed to survive now require that zero duty system to stay in place. It's essentially a drug that kills most users and leaves the rest addicted. Obamacare is a bad law in a lot of ways, but I'm not in favor of the Republican repeal. However, poo poo like the travel ban, killing the TPP, reforming immigration and his foreign policy stance are all still relatively popular in polls.

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mordor She Wrote posted:

I mean at least you admit you straight up hate poor people

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordor She Wrote
Nov 17, 2014

The rural minority from the urban majority. The rust belt minority from the coastal majority. There are more minorities in politics than the ones defined by the myopic views of identity politics.

Oh boy, national policy should totally be dictated by groups of people that totally believe any day now, those manufacturing jobs were you walk in with a firm handshake and have a job for life are going to come back.

• Locked thread