Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

cams posted:

^^this one is good

it would be super cool if the posts in this thread were from people playing the video game instead of people who are for some reason emotionally invested in the critical reception of this video game

"i deeply care about other people's opinions about a video game" - defective human beings

🤔

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

Moola posted:

I played about 10 hours of multiplayer and I'm pretty bummed how mediocre it is

I sunk like, 600 hours in ME3 multiplayer over the years and after all the rad poo poo they added in that game I expected some crazy stuff from a sequel, especially considering how long they worked on it...

ME3 had freakin teleporting ninjas and Krogan with massive hammers and poo poo man!

This is actually super disappointing considering the ME3 MP studio is the one that made most of the game, isn't it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cams posted:

"i deeply care about other people's opinions about a video game" - defective human beings

cams posted:

instead of people who are for some reason emotionally invested in the critical reception of this video game

:irony:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
my copy is installing right now. so i guess we will see.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I sure as poo poo hope this sells well enough to get a sequel.

Who the gently caress am I kidding it'll get a sequel regardless, name has too much recognition

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
what multiplayer races are there rn?

ME3 launched with the sorta bog standard citadel races that fell into the warrior/spellcaster/ranger archetypes if I remember. It'll probably slowly expand as DLC is developed, provided this game doesnt get abandoned like 3 months in.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

One good thing about minimalizing companion impact on combat is you can just bring whoever you like rather than whoever has overload.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

those two posts say the exact same thing, you do not understand irony

this is a mediocre video game. the massive circlejerk about it from people who have made video games part of their identity is gross. buy and play a game or don't.

gamers are trash

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

omg chael crash posted:

Do we have a thread dedicated to MP? Are we just using ME3's?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814183

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

One thing I really don't like about MEA, or more specifically modern gaming in general, is I loving hate crafting. With a passion. Just give me the gear through questing/currency. I hate managing blueprints and resources and ugh.

I hated it in Destiny too. Where the gently caress is relic iron and why do I have to waste time tediously going to find poo poo. Same reason I never got into professions in WoW either

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

cams posted:

gamers are trash

This is a true statement and why I don't have many conversations with people about video games

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

Moola posted:

I played about 10 hours of multiplayer and I'm pretty bummed how mediocre it is

I sunk like, 600 hours in ME3 multiplayer over the years and after all the rad poo poo they added in that game I expected some crazy stuff from a sequel, especially considering how long they worked on it...

ME3 had freakin teleporting ninjas and Krogan with massive hammers and poo poo man!

I have a Krogan Hammer in single player so it'll probably make it to multi eventually. The multiplayer lead said on stream that they were working on a lot more classes still they just weren't ready yet. If all you want is multiplayer I'd just wait for a GOTY edition for sub 20 dollars in a while, not like there's some shortage of good video games to play until then.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

cams posted:

this is precisely why it's ironic of you to say that.

"people who care too much about what others think are dumb" - person who cares too much about what others think

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
THIS GAME loving SUCKS!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

M. Night Skymall posted:

I have a Krogan Hammer in single player so it'll probably make it to multi eventually. The multiplayer lead said on stream that they were working on a lot more classes still they just weren't ready yet. If all you want is multiplayer I'd just wait for a GOTY addition for sub 20 dollars in a while, not like there's some shortage of good video games to play until then.

This is exactly what I'm going to do friend

DoctorGonzo posted:

THIS GAME loving SUCKS!

mods?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

omg chael crash posted:

Do we have a thread dedicated to MP? Are we just using ME3's?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3814183

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

cams posted:

this is a mediocre video game. the massive circlejerk about it from people who have made video games part of their identity is gross. buy and play a game or don't.

gamers are trash

you are the whiniest loving bitchboy in existence, just gently caress off forever already

is it true that you can't order teammates to use abilities like the old games? that seems starkly bad, what's the point of giving squadmates abilities and upgrades if it's by chance that they use them???

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I wish developers would stop shoving open worlds into series that were doing great without them

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

buglord posted:

what multiplayer races are there rn?

ME3 launched with the sorta bog standard citadel races that fell into the warrior/spellcaster/ranger archetypes if I remember. It'll probably slowly expand as DLC is developed, provided this game doesnt get abandoned like 3 months in.

There's p much everything, but it's every flavor of basic human, a smattering of other race/classes, and 4 N7 or w/e they call them now classes that are the more unique ones like the asari ninja lady. It's not nearly as many different classes as ME3 ended with, for sure, but I don't really remember how many ME3 MP started with so I can't compare.

I'm having fun so far, it's hitting that dumb scifi story itch I haven't had for a long time in a game. It reminds me of one of the episodes of TNG where poo poo hits the fan and Troi has to command the enterprise. Not one of the great episodes, mind you, but one of the middling ones. Definitely not the one where Wesley goes off with the traveler after getting coached by not native americans.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
I read the paragon/renegade system is gone for the single player. I only liked the story in ME1 or 2 because of the fact that I could be a massive spacebitch and throw people out of windows and headbutt krogans. I hated ME3 for having mostly lame renegade interrupts by comparison. Can I still be a colossal rear end in a top hat in the game with no regard to the well being of others or will I be railroaded into "making tough decisions" about a bunch of characters I most likely won't care about at all?

M. Night Skymall
Mar 22, 2012

MinibarMatchman posted:

is it true that you can't order teammates to use abilities like the old games? that seems starkly bad, what's the point of giving squadmates abilities and upgrades if it's by chance that they use them???

The squadmates are basically invisible in combat, when I put it on hard I did notice that they would die sometimes and bitch about needing to be revived, but I don't think I've seen one do anything particularly useful. Maybe they get better as you level up and they have access to more abilities, but I'm just going to pick who I want along for flavor and assume I'm killing everything myself.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Kainser posted:

I wish developers would stop shoving open worlds into series that were doing great without them

You are implying that Mass Effect 3 was "doing great"

Open worlds are cool and good and allow me to tell the story I want to tell with a character.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
this game sounds like the equivalent of a constant diet of candy floss

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Professor Cthulhu posted:

I read the paragon/renegade system is gone for the single player. I only liked the story in ME1 or 2 because of the fact that I could be a massive spacebitch and throw people out of windows and headbutt krogans. I hated ME3 for having mostly lame renegade interrupts by comparison. Can I still be a colossal rear end in a top hat in the game with no regard to the well being of others or will I be railroaded into "making tough decisions" about a bunch of characters I most likely won't care about at all?

no, yes.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Josuke Higashikata posted:

this is precisely why it's ironic of you to say that.

"people who care too much about what others think are dumb" - person who cares too much about what others think
i care about the hundreds of posts an hour from the same people just circlejerking about nothing.

i like it when people post about the games they are playing and share experiences with it. apparently video games are now a culture of broken human beings trying to have arguments about the objective quality of a video game like its a thing that matters.

it is a toy. buy toy and play with it or don't.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

cams posted:

i deeply care about other people's opinions about a video game

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

cams posted:

i care about the hundreds of posts an hour from the same people just circlejerking about nothing.

i like it when people post about the games they are playing and share experiences with it. apparently video games are now a culture of broken human beings trying to have arguments about the objective quality of a video game like its a thing that matters.

Counterpoint, the toy looks like it's covered in poo poo so I won't touch it, and I will joke around with the other children who also see it covered in poo poo as we laugh at the kids who get their hands all lovely playing with it.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Just posting again to say I can't play this game in fullscreen mode, only borderless window. I don't like that.

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
my poo poo posting is a fun game i play

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

cams posted:

:lol: at the idea that children's toys need some kind of standard of involvement to be met before you can stand to see someone talk about it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

M. Night Skymall posted:

The squadmates are basically invisible in combat, when I put it on hard I did notice that they would die sometimes and bitch about needing to be revived, but I don't think I've seen one do anything particularly useful. Maybe they get better as you level up and they have access to more abilities, but I'm just going to pick who I want along for flavor and assume I'm killing everything myself.

that sucks, I always loved the synergy of setting poo poo up between all 3 characters

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot
The only people worse than the developers of ME:A are the people discussing it.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
you know your waifu of choice will reward you with e-sex regardless of how vigorously you do or dont defend her game on an internet forum right

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

JawKnee posted:

this game sounds like the equivalent of a constant diet of candy floss

i believe you mean cotton candy

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Professor Cthulhu posted:

Can I still be a colossal rear end in a top hat in the game with no regard to the well being of others or will I be railroaded into "making tough decisions" about a bunch of characters I most likely won't care about at all?

No Ryder is a massive bitch boyscout who only does good/sarcastic good things

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Cowcaster posted:

fairy floss, thanks

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

cams is a gamer

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

Number Ten Cocks posted:

The only people worse than the developers of ME:A are the people discussing it.

the only winning move is...

Cowcaster posted:

they aren't the same?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I'm about 12 hours into not playing Mass Effect: Andromeda and it's been pretty fun so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How exactly how Power Recharge scale to power cooldowns? You can get 110% for Biotic Charge just from the upgrade tree so it can't be 1:1.