Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Is there a reason princess whatever didn't let the rangers keep their jackets?

Because that seems like a bit of a dick move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
A skater, A surfer, and a motocrosser. Totally the X Games rangers.

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Wow, the Ninja Storm footage is way higher quality.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Dino Thunder suffers from having a pretty poo poo ending. Just across the board

They tried but failed

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

So sad I got back too late for Tori's introduction in the premiere. Chat must have lost their mind!

Hey Fingercuffs
Nov 29, 2007

Yo baby, you ever had your asshole licked by a fat man in an overcoat?
Did they just kill all those people on the plane, cruise ship, and Ferris wheel the zords came in on?

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Hey Fingercuffs posted:

Did they just kill all those people on the plane, cruise ship, and Ferris wheel the zords came in on?

no because those things are holograms for the portals the zords transport through.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This loving guinea pig.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Christ, did they really introduce the thunder rangers only 3 episodes in? :psyduck:

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Tae posted:

Christ, did they really introduce the thunder rangers only 3 episodes in? :psyduck:

No.

TWO episodes in.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

man ninja storm already feels way funnier than the saban stuff ever got

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Brother Entropy posted:

DAT AUDIO QUALITY THO BROBRAH

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Brother Entropy posted:

All of the Disney era series have a less serious air about them and take themselves a step less seriously compared to the previous seasons.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Dude :shepface:

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

Rolling Scissors posted:

DAT AUDIO QUALITY THO BROBRAH

Was the audio really this blown out when it aired? That's crazy.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I love the villain cast, I have no idea what the gently caress happened to the audio because Tori is on full reverb the whole time.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Xelkelvos posted:

All of the Disney era series have a less serious air about them and take themselves a step less seriously compared to the previous seasons.

It was RPM that had the rangers actively question why there are frequently giant colorful explosions behind them after they morph, right?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

that's interesting, as someone who's only really into the sentai side of things power rangers always seemed like it leaned too much into self-seriousness without having the actors or plots to pull it off

sounds like the disney era is more my style then

Cough Drop The Beat
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Brother Entropy posted:

Yup, I'd rather take Ninja Storm's early 2000s Disney era cheesiness over Saban taking Power Rangers all super seriously. The script is legit funny most of the time and loves poking fun at itself. It's just great after how dull and bland Wild Force was.

Cough Drop The Beat fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 21, 2017

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
Huh, I chalked up the audio change because I switched to speakers over headphones.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The audio levels were recorded too high. There's some clipping going on.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Boxman posted:

It was RPM that had the rangers actively question why there are frequently giant colorful explosions behind them after they morph, right?
Yeah, the :spergin: Ranger operator series blue :spergin: used the morph explosion to save the day in one of the episodes.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Oops :monocle:

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Mar 21, 2017

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle
I actually kinda like the theme to this one. I also use the word dude unironically.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Lothar is so much fun. He's definitely in the top 5 PR villains besides Zed and Astronema

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Did Saban seriously couldn't get the original audio tracks and just bought the dvds for the disney era, goddamn my ears

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008
The quarry is the greatest character in power rangers' history.

Mazreal
Oct 5, 2002

adjusts monocle

McTimmy posted:

The quarry is the greatest character in power rangers' history.

It's like the weird plains of DBZ that never seem to run out of mountains to throw people into.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Xelkelvos posted:

Lothar is so much fun. He's definitely in the top 5 PR villains besides Zed and Astronema

Lothar and Ransik are both good for approximately the same reason:
weird, scenery-chewing supervillain dad. Honestly, Power Rangers usually does really well with its non-monstersuit villain leaders. I think it's a shame they didn't try to inject a humanoid villain into Ninja Steel, because an actual dude cutting evil wrestling promos would have been way more interesting than a guy affecting a goofy monster voice onto footage of a costume flopping around.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

deadly_pudding posted:

Lothar and Ransik are both good for approximately the same reason:
weird, scenery-chewing supervillain dad. Honestly, Power Rangers usually does really well with its non-monstersuit villain leaders. I think it's a shame they didn't try to inject a humanoid villain into Ninja Steel, because an actual dude cutting evil wrestling promos would have been way more interesting than a guy affecting a goofy monster voice onto footage of a costume flopping around.

I didn't watch Wild Force while it was airing, so I dunno of Master Org also fits this. Ostensibly, they want to use the Kibaoni suits since that where they have in-suit fight footage and there's a lot of fighting against the villain leaders in Ninninger, but they already took Baron Nero for use as an announcer. They may have well gone with the full Shadow Line and turn Zedd into the McMahon-esque character rather than Kibaoni Gengetsu.

I'm sure they'll do something a little different for Ninja Steel though and pull some more from the unadapted seasons.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Boxman posted:

Is there a reason princess whatever didn't let the rangers keep their jackets?

Because that seems like a bit of a dick move.

Not a clue, they were asked to give up their jackets at the end of Gaoranger too and it didn't make much more sense there either.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Because the real power was in their jackets all along.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

supervillains having a party is one of those concepts that's just always inherently funny

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I didn't follow NJ too closely, and when I did it was in Spanish, so this is nice to see. The jokes are pretty good and it's nice to see five minutes without going "this dialogue was lifted from the sentai bit like a bad fansub.", only negative is the soundtrack; the theme song is good but most of the tracks are pretty weak.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Zurgane is a pretty good "Goldar" as these things go, he just happens to be stuck on a Space Wizard team that includes a guy who shares a Japanese voice with Char Aznable.

Lothor is a reverse Zedd, he's just as funny, but his appearance doesn't make you expect a total badass.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Uh, I just watched the best power rangers fight scene since tommy kicked a putty and he twirled up a twisty slide then vanished at the top. Ninja Storm is insane.

Power Rangers is at its best when it's as many minutes of insanity, two or more shows/shootings cut together (like when a dog is running at a girl for almost no reason and getting shot at for like 5 straight minutes by a bunch of guys with guns, except it's two dogs of different breeds because that's how they cut the footage for some reason), and has everything shooting sparks. I'll admit the space stuff with oxygen and bizzaro gravity is also entertaining. Lots of the middle seasons forgot the recipe for success.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Mar 21, 2017

McTimmy
Feb 29, 2008

Khorne posted:

Uh, I just watched the best power rangers fight scene since the early seasons. Ninja Steel is insane.

Most of the seasons between the early ones and ninja steel sucked real drat bad. They had some entertaining moments but overall tried too hard to be an actual show instead of 15 minutes of insanity.

Actually airing on Nickelodeon Ninja Steel or currently running on twitchpresents Ninja Storm? If it's the former I have something to look forward to tomorrow.

EDIT: That answers that!

McTimmy fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Mar 21, 2017

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
I couldn't wake up for the Forever Red airing. How did the chat react to that thing?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Craptacular! posted:

Zurgane is a pretty good "Goldar" as these things go, he just happens to be stuck on a Space Wizard team that includes a guy who shares a Japanese voice with Char Aznable.

Lothor is a reverse Zedd, he's just as funny, but his appearance doesn't make you expect a total badass.

His appearance makes me think of a luchadore with all of the ham that it can entail.

I hope Ninja Steel adapts the crossover episode with the other two ninja rangers. Ninja Storm Red is still active in acting in New Zealand and Alien Red just needs a voice modulator.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khorne
May 1, 2002

McTimmy posted:

Actually airing on Nickelodeon Ninja Steel or currently running on twitchpresents Ninja Storm? If it's the former I have something to look forward to tomorrow.
Ninja Storm. I don't know anything about power rangers and have had the twitch marathon on in the background because it makes me laugh quite often.