Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Mass Effect Andromeda spied on me through a microwave

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I'm still willing to stop posting if you do, btw.

or you could just gently caress off

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

DoctorGonzo posted:

god bless

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Hopefully in the sequel Ryder dies or something or it becomes Dragon Age and you become the new "hero" while your custom character from this game just fades into the background or goes to heaven from Lord of the Rings.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Moola posted:

Mass Effect Andromeda spied on me through a microwave

whao

It just feels really good to know that EA is indeed a cancer on the industry, as has it always been so shall it always be inshallah, namaste

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

There's plenty of people here talking about why the game is good and how they are having fun, and there are plenty of people joking about how the game has bad animations/graphics/whatever the flavor of the minute thing to laugh at is.

And then there are the two people walking into the room loudly telling eachother "BOY, CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE GUYS THAT JUST WANT IT TO FAIL? I MEAN SHEEEEEESH, AT LEAST PLAAAAAY THE GAME FIRST. WOOOOOOOW YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT THIS TOO MUCH. GAMERS SUCK HAHA. WE ARE VERY SMART."

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

TEENAGE WITCH posted:

wehn mrbtongue resurects all u scrubs defending this game will realise the arrogance of ur words, furthermore

I wish :(

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
Thing I like about Andromeda

the Asari Sentinel class is a boss rear end bitch who dont take no poo poo

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
the sequel should hav u digging through the destroyed landscape of RYDER WORLD another 600 yrs in the future becuase u were never woken from cryo sleep: a soft boy reboot of a reboot

TEENAGE WITCH fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Mar 21, 2017

cams
Mar 28, 2003

DoctorGonzo posted:

hahahah

people cosntantly getting defensive about their right to shitpost about the quality of video games

hey guys i love dragon age inquisition, put like 400 hours into it. i have about 25 hours in ME:A so far and i am enjoying it a lot

better quote this post and say i'm trolling this quality thread!

haha

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

cams posted:

hahahah

people cosntantly getting defensive about their right to shitpost about the quality of video games

hey guys i love dragon age inquisition, put like 400 hours into it. i have about 25 hours in ME:A so far and i am enjoying it a lot

haha

What do yo like most and least about the game, cams?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Nazzadan posted:

There's plenty of people here talking about why the game is good and how they are having fun, and there are plenty of people joking about how the game has bad animations/graphics/whatever the flavor of the minute thing to laugh at is.

And then there are the two people walking into the room loudly telling eachother "BOY, CAN YOU BELIEVE THESE GUYS THAT JUST WANT IT TO FAIL? I MEAN SHEEEEEESH, AT LEAST PLAAAAAY THE GAME FIRST. WOOOOOOOW YOU GUYS CARE ABOUT THIS TOO MUCH. GAMERS SUCK HAHA. WE ARE VERY SMART."
lol literally every time i mentioned having a positive feeling about this game, at least two people come out to call me an ea shill or a troll or "self owning"

people have built their identity around offering video game criticism on an internet forum and it is super gross

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rinkles posted:

who the gently caress cares, tell this clown and the other fetish guy to gently caress off

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Nazzadan posted:

lol

this is another joke, right? That people get to say nice things about MEA in here?

Also I don't care if you shitpost. I'm just loving with the skeleton eating christmas lights guy because for some reason that offer triggers the poo poo out of him.

It is a real offer, though. He could be the change he wants to see in this thread.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

cams posted:

hahahah

haha

You actually are trolling the thread though?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

cams posted:

hahahah

haha

lol.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

YA BOY ETHAN COUCH posted:

"not being able to control my AI players every single movement is absolutely ridiculous and I'm real mad" exclaims insufferable guy who wants to micromanage everything

this might be the most retarded thing I've seen yet in this thread and that's speaking volumes. yes why would I want to ensure that my teammates are a credit to my missions as opposed to leaving team synergy and ability meshing by complete and pure luck. lemme just upgrade skills and hope that the moronic AI somehow divines when and where to utilize these things.

just lol at "standard RPG controls" being "micromanaging" but I guess when you're a fan of this dogshit game the complexity would be a net negative. gently caress options just point me to the nearest catperson to gently caress

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

cams posted:

lol literally every time i mentioned having a positive feeling about this game, at least two people come out to call me an ea shill or a troll or "self owning"

people have built their identity around offering video game criticism on an internet forum and it is super gross

And yet when other people talk about what they like, they are not.

Curious!

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Rinkles posted:

well my favorite thing about it is probably the combat, but i also have genuinely enjoyed the sense of exploration in this game. even just on eos, the side quests felt like they added to the world and i was learning more about the world doing them. fun exploration.

my least favorite bit is probaby respecs having a cost that increases each time you use it. i like respeccing constantly to try new things and that doesn't really encourage that behavior. from what i understand, new game plus lets you carry over nearly EVERYTHING so i should probably stop sweating it.

also the crafting is not great. i like what it is, but the method of using augments to build guns makes me want to hold on to all my augments for when i get the best stuff to craft, but that's more me being anal about playing optimal.

but i also like the characters, writing, and story.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
anyway, my honest opinion is that nobody should buy this game until its $30

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
We are totally defensive guys, quit getting triggered!!!

When is the puppetmaster defense?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

cams posted:

hahahah

haha

are you ok man?

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
This is a firmly mediocre game made deeply disappointing by how good the predecessor games in the intellectual property were. I'll play it once, get my money's worth on a dollar/hour basis with all of the filler bullshit, and that's fine with me.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cams posted:

my least favorite bit is probaby respecs having a cost that increases each time you use it. i like respeccing constantly to try new things and that doesn't really encourage that behavior. from what i understand, new game plus lets you carry over nearly EVERYTHING so i should probably stop sweating it.

I actually did not know that. Seems especially pointless in a game where you can eventually have all the points.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if it turns out cams isn't precisely an EA shill but actually one of the people who worked very hard on mass effect andromeda trying to make the best game they could and they're taking all the negative criticism in this thread personally because it is, in fact, personal to them that would be actually kind of sad.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

cams posted:

hey guys i love dragon age inquisition, put like 400 hours into it

doing what?

I think I took a mage through all the dragons once, but man, once you've played through that game like twice all the filler content is just intolerable

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Rinkles posted:

I actually did not know that. Seems especially pointless in a game where you can eventually have all the points.
first respec costs 20 credits, then costs increase by 500 credits per respec with (seemingly) no cap. also, the respecs are per character but they share the same cost. so, if you want to respec everyone, you're spending a few thousand credits.

i assume the cost resets if you new game+ though

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

lol just lol at playing this game in 2017

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

cams posted:

first respec costs 20 credits, then costs increase by 500 credits per respec with (seemingly) no cap. also, the respecs are per character but they share the same cost. so, if you want to respec everyone, you're spending a few thousand credits.

i assume the cost resets if you new game+ though

If the AI companions don't really do anything but soak up bullets why bother respec them?

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cams posted:

As someone who has seen your mom wearing her candy floss, I assure you that your bar for super gross is way too low.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

eonwe posted:

anyway, my honest opinion is that nobody should buy this game until its $30

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JawKnee posted:

doing what?

I think I took a mage through all the dragons once, but man, once you've played through that game like twice all the filler content is just intolerable
i like the filler content. i like the combat. i like the atmosphere and environments, i like hanging out in that world.

i probably did at least 70% of the game's content on 3 or 4 different characters. it is why i am very happy about mass effect andromeda, because it is my favorite kind of video game.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Harlock posted:

If the AI companions don't really do anything but soak up bullets why bother respec them?
ai companions use their skills constantly, you just have to direct them. use the dpad commands to point them to enemies and they'll set you up for combos. if you aren't commanding them, they will just kind of stay near you playing more defensive.

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

frajaq posted:

lol just lol at playing this game in 2017

I'm gonna play it in 2017

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

cams posted:

i like the filler content. i like the combat. i like the atmosphere and environments, i like hanging out in that world.

i probably did at least 70% of the game's content on 3 or 4 different characters. it is why i am very happy about mass effect andromeda, because it is my favorite kind of video game.

For me D:AI was a good podcast/chillin to music game, but I used to expect something different (and for me better) from Bioware.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

cams posted:

fair enough, it's not for me though which is why I don't think this game will be either. I could feel my life ticking away as I collected item #934 for the scouts in the hinterlands before I realized none of that poo poo matters at all. The maps did look pretty though.

Lollerich
Mar 25, 2004

The little doctors are back,
they want to play with you!
Am I right to assume that you are supposed to somehow activate more monoliths so you can eliminate those level 3 hazards on Eos? How? I don't see where or how I could do that...

DO IT TO IT
Mar 3, 2008

I know "mon" means man, but I don't think "Och" means anything.

The trick to DA:I was to never do that requisition poo poo. It wasn't even necessary.

Number Ten Cocks
Feb 25, 2016

by zen death robot

cams posted:

it is why i am very happy about mass effect andromeda, because it is my favorite kind of video game.

(looks at post history in this thread)

"This is the portrait of a very happy man."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

JawKnee posted:

fair enough, it's not for me though which is why I don't think this game will be either. I could feel my life ticking away as I collected item #934 for the scouts in the hinterlands before I realized none of that poo poo matters at all. The maps did look pretty though.
i did hinterlands so many times that i have a fairly efficient route on how to get everything done fairly quickly.

tbh the only thing about questing in that game that bugged me were the ones that required you to go back to the war table to complete. any of the missions that opened up new parts of zones did this, and the horsemaster quest where you place 3 beacons then have to go back and hit a button on the war table. gently caress that noise.