Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Zeris posted:

I regret making that comparison

Nah, I get what you were trying to say. I'm just, y'know, drained.

Besides, I'm pretty sure that if any of the DA civilians I had to deal with were bitter and jaded vets, poo poo would have gotten done right the first time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Why not make it a requirement for positions? Yes it's a stupid idea on paper but it would also solve and create a lot of issues.

gently caress man, working that out sucks.

Do something that feels good man. Like when's the last time you took a piss off the side of a bridge or high in a tree.

I wish I could climb trees still.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Soulex posted:

I wish I could climb trees still.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck man I wish I could, too

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

A mountain climber taught me how to do that faux running-up-a-tree thing where most people would plant one foot to try to jump up the tree, but he could run, stride and plant his foot on the trunk of a tree and loving launch himself upwards.

It was a cool bonfire party trick and a winner of bets. Trick was finding a knot that could support your weight, and put as much weight Forward over your toe as possible.

Another time, back when I was a kid, there was this huge loving flood in San Diego and it knocked over this giant loving tree in my backyard. I climbed to the top once and my brother decided to time me jumping down a good 15 feet with swinging a big section of bamboo that we had growing. I landed, thwack! Right in the goddamn kidneys.

The day after the flood I explored the area and found a crawdad. I brought it back to my house and got yelled at to put it back, so I did. Next morning the motherfucker wakes up my dog and my mom drags my rear end out of bed screaming "I said put it back!" And the crawdad has his goddamn dukes up like Stinkmeaner or whatever. Zoidberg.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
I cleared my last active CIF with the regular guy on leave and a completely clueless guy filling in. It was glorious.

Me: yeah, that's wrong. I was never issued a Kevlar.

Him: oh okay then, I'll just cross it off the sheet then.

I assume it was some last minute retention scam to trick me into thinking the Army was cool and reasonable.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Forward support companies are the most useless motherfuckers

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
A IS FOR ARMAAAYYYYYY

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

TBeats posted:

A IS FOR ARMAAAYYYYYY

A is for airborne you little piece of poo poo.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

spacetoaster posted:

ARMY ARMY ARMAAAYYY

RichieHimself
May 27, 2004

No way dude, she looks like Gargamel.
First time I cleared CIF was in Alaska after our deployment and at least half of the post was getting out or PSCing at the same time so it was super easy.

Last time was on Camp Shelby after my IRR trip and CIF was an older dude and his teenage son in an open bay. The older guy was drinking coffee (or maybe booze in a coffee mug) and listening to the radio while his son read stuff off of a list. He'd call out something, such as poncho liner, and I'd hold it up then put it back into my personal duffle bag while he was busy marking it on the list. I would've taken more gear, but tbqh the poncho liner was the only thing worth a poo poo and I was just happy to be going home.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

A is for Ranger.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
A is for commanders discretion.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

A is for gently caress this poo poo I'm out

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
C-130

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
:suicide:

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

Now I have that cadence in my head. I hope you get dick cancer.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

They say that in the Army, the chow is mighty fine

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

They say that in the Army, the chow is mighty fine

Hey there Josaphine.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

spacetoaster posted:

Hey there Josaphine.

Is that a cadence? I'm not familiar with it. It must be an old persons cadence

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pesticide20 posted:

Is that a cadence? I'm not familiar with it. It must be an old persons cadence

Yeah, they don't let us sing about sluts we banged on the poor side of town anymore. :sadface:

*edit* Can't even wish to be a dump truck anymore.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

spacetoaster posted:

Yeah, they don't let us sing about sluts we banged on the poor side of town anymore. :sadface:

*edit* Can't even wish to be a dump truck anymore.

Yeah. Always disagreed with this. Betty hoop on a ferries wheel :(

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Counterpoint: cadences are loving stupid, no matter their content.

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
I have to draw from Campbell's CIF this week, can't wait

Bragg's was pretty awesome since they let me turn in most of the stuff I never used. Got my hand receipt down to 2 pages :feelsgood:

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Triggs posted:

I have to draw from Campbell's CIF this week, can't wait

Bragg's was pretty awesome since they let me turn in most of the stuff I never used. Got my hand receipt down to 2 pages :feelsgood:

What unit are you in

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Rak solid...

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

TBeats posted:

What unit are you in

I'm headed to the CAB

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Triggs posted:

I'm headed to the CAB

That's not too bad.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Is that the unit join so people can do 1 road match or whatever mission, pretend there was incoming and walk away with a deployment patch?

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!

Woof Blitzer posted:

That's not too bad.

Give it time ...

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Triggs posted:

Give it time ...

Have fun going through gate 7 in the morning for PT lmao

Triggs
Nov 23, 2005

Tango Down!
Gate 1 for me

Whipped Buttcheeks
Jul 25, 2007
Chairborne Ranger

Mustang posted:

Forward support companies are the most useless motherfuckers

Says the dude who drives around in a giant metal box all day fighting off imaginary aliens in the Washington highlands.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Whipped Buttcheeks posted:

Says the dude who drives around in a giant metal box all day fighting off imaginary aliens in the Washington highlands.

There's an underground base run by the government and the greys beneath YTC didn't you know? And the NSA Five Eyes facility on base is their op center.

Also please don't tell me loving opsec because the drat thing can be seen from the highway and it's on Wikipedia for fucks sake.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

It's like people who work at Site R being all coy about it. I'm like dude, why else would someone with the Pentagon Force Protection Agency be working in Chambersburg, PA.

Kick-Puncher
Jan 20, 2006

Mike-o posted:

There's an underground base run by the government and the greys beneath YTC didn't you know? And the NSA Five Eyes facility on base is their op center.

Also please don't tell me loving opsec because the drat thing can be seen from the highway and it's on Wikipedia for fucks sake.

I dont think it is even used anymore

Aranan
May 21, 2007

Release the Kraken
Terminal leave just got approved. :cool:

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Kick-Puncher posted:

I dont think it is even used anymore
That's just what they want you to believe. :tinfoil:

Carteret
Nov 10, 2012

Aranan posted:

Terminal leave just got approved. :cool:

Holy gently caress I remember when your rear end was posting from AIT

Kaliber
Jun 17, 2005

Fun Army story for today!

An E6 in my company is working on his truck. Doesn't get it running in time so he calls his E4 who gives him a ride home. They stop by the VFW and have a couple of beers before going back to the E6's house for dinner. Go back for dinner and then head back out to the VFW in the E6's BRAND NEW CAMARO ZR1!!! (How does he afford this with an unemployed wife and two kids? I have no loving clue! Well, actually she is employed. She does MLM. But we were having a conversation about how hard it was adjusting to a lower household income after his wife got out of the military and they no longer get dual BAH/two paychecks) Neither dudes remember too much after that.

But the E4 was driving that E6's Camaro, both were black out drunk, and the cops clocked them going 160MPH. 105 mph when they caught up to them, and then they plowed into some random girl's car. Totalled her car, totalled the Camaro completely. E4 made the SIR and E6's name was taken off by BDE so it doesn't look worst for the BN. But now the BDE Commander is taking care of him personally.

We're all taking bets at the company on what happens to him. My friend has his bet on demotion, discharge, and going homeless due to a 70k loan on a car he no longer has. I have my money on a slap on the wrist and being PSG at another unit here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
Man gently caress that, the E6 should be on the SIR he instigated the whole thing and it's 100% his fault even if the SPC is obviously a dumbass.