Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fat Lou
Jan 21, 2008

Desert Heat? I thought it was Dessert Heat. No wonder it tastes so bad.

Hard, can you punish leavers more? Out of five games tonight I feel like three of them were 4v5.

Edit: At least give a massive point boost if you win a 4v5.

And I just queued into a game where a teammate would knock everyone down to 1hp at the beginning of every round. rip game

Fat Lou fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Mar 20, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Koramei
Nov 11, 2011

I have three regrets
The first is to be born in Joseon.

Major Isoor posted:

I've found that there's often three - not always, though. I'm not sure if that's because I'm (possibly) playing at a different difficulty level, though.

Two on normal, three on hard, four on realistic.

If you find bombers difficult now be glad you weren't fighting them 6 months back or whatever, they ate a huge nerf in one of the patches. Before that, they'd tank like half a clip right into their heads.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

Bilal posted:

Why casual? I can't think of any reason not to play ranked.

because que times are rarely as immediate and your teammates don't get so mad when you play tachanka and try to setup a private base 2 floors away from the objective for lols

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/r4y6b

Man, that netcode.

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?
We were defending on House, they had one guy left. Time was low. Someone calls out that the last guy is outside at banisters.

Three people in a row go outside to try to murder him. They all die horribly. Myself and the other guy at the objective are left. Time gets down to 30 seconds, and then the push comes. With 16 seconds left, my buddy dies and I'm alone. I peek to try and take this guy out, and get shot in the head.

Apparently I'm the rear end in a top hat in this situation, and not the three people who could have sat in the objective and not died horribly.

What?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Sdoots posted:

We were defending on House, they had one guy left. Time was low. Someone calls out that the last guy is outside at banisters.

Three people in a row go outside to try to murder him. They all die horribly. Myself and the other guy at the objective are left. Time gets down to 30 seconds, and then the push comes. With 16 seconds left, my buddy dies and I'm alone. I peek to try and take this guy out, and get shot in the head.

Apparently I'm the rear end in a top hat in this situation, and not the three people who could have sat in the objective and not died horribly.

What?

History only remembers the guy on the killcam.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
often end up as recruit a lot because just i'll go afk or alt-tab whenever i die

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s78bB0ZQnR0

kinda funny that of all the operators in the game, he's one of the few i have ever gotten an ace with

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://i.imgur.com/c8LDQJu.gifv

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
I am pretty sure your face and Buck's face synced up at that exact moment.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

I am pretty sure your face and Buck's face synced up at that exact moment.
Not my gif, but it sure would.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

What's going on here? Does the detonation event for the first grenade cause the one in his hand to trigger?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Just got this game and its pretty drat fun, but I'm upset there's no bald head option for Pulse :argh:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

CJ posted:

What's going on here? Does the detonation event for the first grenade cause the one in his hand to trigger?

It's a bug that grenade detonations will spawn an additional detonation on whoever caused them.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
Yeah it seems like both nades shared the same timer ?!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
I don't think the nade thing is isolated. I saw a Macie Jay video with it, and a few other clips too.

Nickname Pending
Jan 2, 2008

I learned how to play beer pong from the Prince of Uganda at a university party.

Zaphod42 posted:

Just got this game and its pretty drat fun, but I'm upset there's no bald head option for Pulse :argh:

It's weird, because he looks bald in his title card, but in-game has hair.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6mVRZP1koY

I brought a lovely gift.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nickname Pending posted:

It's weird, because he looks bald in his title card, but in-game has hair.

Yeah exactly!

Ah well. Having a lot of fun with this game, the mechanics are really fresh and feel pretty deep. Learning all the ways different operators can counter each other.

And the gunplay is top notch. Shooting dudes while upside down rappelling down a building never gets old.

Gr4vyB04t
Jan 31, 2010

Hey gurl, hey.

Yep, that's some run of the mill gameplay there. Is this your channel? Are you trying to be the next pewds? You should try being more antisemitic. That's a real hit with the kids right now.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Yep, that's some run of the mill gameplay there. Is this your channel? Are you trying to be the next pewds? You should try being more antisemitic. That's a real hit with the kids right now.

Thanks for the advice, friend. I'll put less garbage and more of our MLG pro clips next time. What's your favorite PewDiePie video?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

AnElegantPeacock posted:

why do you hate fun

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

AnElegantPeacock posted:

I bet you run outside at the beginning of the map

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/a5uqx

Can somebody tell me what the hell happened here? Both in the original vid and the killcam the guy doesn't fire (killcam the guy is downed at the time blood spray comes out)

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

Can somebody tell me what the hell happened here? Both in the original vid and the killcam the guy doesn't fire (killcam the guy is downed at the time blood spray comes out)

Netcode.
Hacking.
Client side garbage.
Aliens.
Hard!

Take your pick.

Serious answer is that he probably did fire but your client didn't get the info, or didn't display it or whatever and the same with the kill cam. It feels like a crapshoot to ever get the same thing on actual play and a kill cam.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Yeah, doing things for fun is garbage for idiots. Dont ever do things, just complain about people doing things! Thats the only way to be cool!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Great Beer posted:

Yeah, doing things for fun is garbage for idiots. Dont ever do things, just complain about people doing things! Thats the only way to be cool!
Yes. :colbert:

E:

https://fat.gfycat.com/LittleTenseDaddylonglegs.mp4

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 18:33 on Mar 21, 2017

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
It's cool Joeslop I'm subscribed.

Party Plane Jones posted:

Might have had time to fire a single round while turning. The lovely answer is, don't put all your faith in the killcam. Since it's server hosted it can be funky if any type of latency spike is involved.

Hard fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 21, 2017

Space T Rex
Sep 15, 2007

Your title was so old it used HTML which isn't even allowed in titles anymore what the hell

Bilal posted:

Why casual? I can't think of any reason not to play ranked.

I play casual almost exclusively because I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet cuts randomly with no warning every now and again and I don't want to gently caress everyone else one team over.

Bilal
Feb 20, 2012

Space T Rex posted:

I play casual almost exclusively because I live in the middle of nowhere and my internet cuts randomly with no warning every now and again and I don't want to gently caress everyone else one team over.

The Considerate Gamer.

Paradigmata
Dec 23, 2015

Dissolved
When Ubisoft is to dumb to communicate that you need to have a checkbox enabled on your profile to even be able to get the email for the TTS and they lose 60% of the selected playerbase for it.

Classic

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

It's cool Joeslop I'm subscribed.

Might have had time to fire a single round while turning. The lovely answer is, don't put all your faith in the killcam. Since it's server hosted it can be funky if any type of latency spike is involved.

:allears: I knew I liked you for more reasons than an assumption of how good you are at your job.

And my answer is basically what you said so will Ubi need my address to send a consultation fee or will they just drop it directly into my Uplay account?

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hard can you make it so we can spectate as the hostage thanks

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Basticle posted:

Hard can you make it so we can spectate as the hostage thanks
Make the hostage a camera so he can spot baddies

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

The hostage doesn't want to stay with you he'd be more like a drone. But then they'd have to add things to make it so you can scare the hostage into not helping the attackers

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Make the hostage a camera so he can spot baddies

Wouldn't he be a camera for Attack?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

The hostage doesn't want to stay with you he'd be more like a drone. But then they'd have to add things to make it so you can scare the hostage into not helping the attackers

The hostage looks/moves toward the defender that went past them last/is closest to them, if I remember right. We were going to actually test that in depth at one point in custom matches but :effort:'d out.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Glaz near 100% pickrate in proleague so far.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Carecat posted:

Glaz near 100% pickrate in proleague so far.

This glans update has been hands down the most frustrating thing to play against since the game came out.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

This glans update has been hands down the most frustrating thing to play against since the game came out.

Reminder that Blackbeard's shield used to have 300 hp or something insane. And that semi-automatic shotguns used to be best at long range OHKs.

The Glaz buff is super dumb and unnecessary, like the whole Pulse buff situation, but it's not the worst thing they've put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jehde posted:

Reminder that Blackbeard's shield used to have 300 hp or something insane. And that semi-automatic shotguns used to be best at long range OHKs.

The Glaz buff is super dumb and unnecessary, like the whole Pulse buff situation, but it's not the worst thing they've put out.
The shield had 800 HP. You had to kill 16 operators with bodyshots to chew through both of them.

• Locked thread