Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
When I was running a mage game I put together this imgur album, maybe it'll be useful?

https://imgur.com/a/GMaC9

Select images:

I also made one for locations: http://imgur.com/a/tj7co
and one for monsters: http://imgur.com/a/xdsm7

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Swashbuckler:

Scholar:

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

The Most Urban Wizard

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012

cptn_dr posted:

I'm about to run Mage The Awakening. I would very much appreciate any pictures of rad urban Mages you have lying around (Or the page number of any particularly good previous mage images that have been posted, if I've missed some).

Here's a bunch of stuff from my Awakening inspiration folder, some of which is from this thread or actual Mage art.

Flavivirus posted:

When I was running a mage game I put together this imgur album, maybe it'll be useful?

It was a trip to see this again, I had most of your album saved on my old computer!

Al Baron
Nov 12, 2007
They were all out of Marquess.
Every time I see that old urban wizard picture, I keep coming back to the plates on the table.

There's an empty sink right there, fool.

Hell, half of those plates don't even looked used.

LiterallyATomato
Mar 17, 2009

The Crotch posted:

Swashbuckler:

Scholar:

Thanks, these are great!

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Mighty Dicktron posted:

The Most Urban Wizard

this is clearly a suburban wizard

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Countblanc posted:

this is clearly a suburban wizard

That's an apartment and not a house, this is definitely an urban wizard :colbert:

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

TequilaJesus posted:

Hi there! I know you guys know everything about fantasy art. I'm writing a fantasy book, and could use some inspiration for the characters. I've been using a picture from this thread for one of them, but can't find something appropriate for the other three in the past few pages.

Anyone have:

A heavy-drinking gnome?
A human fantasy professor/archaeologist/scholar?
A human swashbuckler?

Thanks in advance.

Drinking gnomes:

Scholarly types:

Swashbucklers:

cptn_dr posted:

I'm about to run Mage The Awakening. I would very much appreciate any pictures of rad urban Mages you have lying around (Or the page number of any particularly good previous mage images that have been posted, if I've missed some).

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Thanks guys! These are gonna be great to have for the game.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
I started working on the 'map' for my West Marches game. Still working out what to put on it, I've only just started carving junk into it.

Turtle Dad 420
Jul 16, 2011

Turtle Time Erryday
Oddly specific request:

I'll be starting a new 5e campaign soon and I'm pretty set on playing a Fallen Aasimar Hexblade Warlock and I need a character portrait.

So I'm looking for magic dudes with their faces obscured in some way; masks or w/e. Preferably with a sword or without a staff or other typically identifiable magic implement.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Well, I don't think I have anything that's exactly what you want, but here's stuff from my collection that struck me as having a few of those elements together:

edit: Also good luck with your hexblade. I was going to try and play my paladin into cross-classing with that but the game disintegrated before I got the chance.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 14, 2017

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

GW made Chester Balloonman.

Wrestlepig fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Mar 15, 2017

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

rumble in the bunghole posted:

GW made Chester Balloonman.

This cannot be real please tell me this is not real

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Ok here's something interesting. Got any art that has a gritty/cyberpunk take on the Golden Age sci-fi aesthetic? Bubble helmets, rockets, ray guns that sort of thing. I already got some Fear Agent stuff as well as the XXVc RPG. A game of that using another system is what this is for actually.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

This cannot be real please tell me this is not real

It's real. Real good.

He's got beard guns.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Oddly specific request:

I'll be starting a new 5e campaign soon and I'm pretty set on playing a Fallen Aasimar Hexblade Warlock and I need a character portrait.

So I'm looking for magic dudes with their faces obscured in some way; masks or w/e. Preferably with a sword or without a staff or other typically identifiable magic implement.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Turtle Dad 420 posted:

Oddly specific request:

Hopefully these will be of some use...

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

Found this on Reddit, apparently it's For Honor fanart. Two years ago I was playing a hardass lady knight in a pathfinder game and this would've been perfect.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
Hello hotmods! I recently learned of this thread and just gleefully stormed through all 100 pages of it, grabbing tons of stuff for my image archives. Here's some stuff I'm using for locations in the game I'm currently running.

I do have something I'm looking for and haven't found yet. In the Fellowship game I'm running, one of the players is playing a race of blind human druids. So I need pictures of sagely looking people who have their eyes covered or otherwise implied visual impairment. Bonus points if they look like they enjoy nature.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

They really need to build fences for their cattle.

Vadoc
Dec 31, 2007

Guess who made waffles...

The ones who fall off get labelled as tenderized beef.

Jade Mage
Jan 4, 2013

This is Canada. It snows nine months of the year, and hails the other three.

What have we got for tieflings, I'm making a tiefling cleric of Mephistopheles, so coats of yellow or red are preferred. But honestly I'm just looking for noble looking tieflings

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

This is the only tiefling I have :(

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

This is the noblest looking tiefling I have.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
There's not a lot of art of shifters (the Eberron race) out there. Any good examples, or stuff that could be a shifter?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah, it's frustratingly rare. Here are some pictures I use...

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
If nothing else these are very unambiguously shifters of some sort, I suppose.

midwifecrisis
Jul 5, 2005

oh, have I got some GREAT news for you!

I'm looking for Ratfolk gunslingers or scavengers (of the scrap variety. A junkrat, if you will).

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

I'm playing a shaman lady in an upcoming 4e game. Got any good pictures, especially with a wolf theme?

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I could really use a sci-fi gadgeteer of some kind for the teenage superhero game I'm GMing. Something with holograms or hard-light stuff would be particularly good, but I realize this is an hard request to pull off.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
Got a request for a character concept that popped into mind recently. Anybody got any multi-armed gunmen/women? Can be fleshy arms, mechanical arms, whatever works. Edit: Oh, preferably younger looking as well, but if that's too specific then any age is fine.

Lightning Lord posted:

I'm playing a shaman lady in an upcoming 4e game. Got any good pictures, especially with a wolf theme?

Only got the one image since my store of pictures ain't all that big, but I'm a fan of this one.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Apr 2, 2017

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
They're not necessarily wolf themed (and with the repository in the OP being down, the best source is gone), but shamans I got, some of which I found in this thread:

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

Multiple requests here! One's straight (I am in need of a modern dragonman), the other is "where do you usually look for art in the first place?".

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Looking for a couple things. Had a few look through the places linked in OP and on pinterest but everything is pretty much boob-armor.

Looking for a heavily armored female tiefling. Preferably with multiple weapons (or looks like she'd have multiple weapons).
The other is a female goblin warlock type. Some good shaman pics up this page, but I need goblin-y things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Tieflings:

Goblin, which is just 4e MM art but hey whatever:

Sources: I've used this for a fair bit.

The Crotch fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Apr 3, 2017