Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Alternatively, he gets sent back to the past... But it's only his mind inhabiting the deepest recesses of his past self just before that first fateful confrontation with Aku, and he's stuck with having to relive his adventures and hardships over and over and over again for all of time with no way to influence the outcome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
It doesn't have to be grimdark, maybe he just chooses not to go back in time because doing so would genocide this version of the future, which has all his friends he met along the way. The moral is that the time portal to the past is the friends you made along the way.

HighwireAct
May 16, 2016

Pozzo's Hat
maybe the real mental scars were the throats we slit along the way

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
My wonder is if he gets the sword back or if he somehow gains a different way to kill Aku
And if they'll do a flashback on how he lost the sword, because it must have been one hell of an adventure to end in him losing the world's last hope.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Aku shows up outside whevere JAck's hiding out with a boombox.

This is a thing that probably could have happened in the original run.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Hemingway To Go! posted:

My wonder is if he gets the sword back or if he somehow gains a different way to kill Aku
And if they'll do a flashback on how he lost the sword, because it must have been one hell of an adventure to end in him losing the world's last hope.

Jack forgot he had the "Pray" option and when he finally does it the gods give him other divine sword, but his time it's an hf sword.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Chokes McGee posted:

"oooh and also pick up the EGGSSSS on the way home."

Oh and dont forget the BEEEEEF JEEEEERKKYYYYYYYYY

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

PhazonLink posted:

Jack forgot he had the "Pray" option and when he finally does it the gods give him other divine sword, but his time it's an hf sword.

It's time for Jack to let 'er rip! *Stains of Time starts blaring outta nowhere*

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 13:50 on Mar 21, 2017

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

VolticSurge posted:

It's time for Jack to let 'er rip! *Stains of Time starts blaring outta nowhere*

Free will is a myth! Religion is a joke! We are all pawns, Samurai, controlled by something greater. AKU! The DNA of Unspeakable evil!

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
The original sword was made from his father's spirit. Maybe Jack gets a new sword made from his spirit.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

Mraagvpeine posted:

The original sword was made from his father's spirit. Maybe Jack gets a new sword made from his spirit.

So this is Soul Reaver levels of time fuckery.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
I will warn the thread, there was apparently a screening of the first three episodes of the season, the spoilers dropped before the second were consistent with what happened in the second. So it's reasonable to think the third is the same. As well, apparently there are images of storyboards hinting to events future in the season.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Roobanguy posted:

i believe in jack going back to the past.

S...samurai jack??

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Stairmaster posted:

This is a thing that probably could have happened in the original run.

Given how things are going with Aku it's something that might happen in this one. He doesn't seem to be taking things very seriously this time around :saddowns:

e: also I hope the light bulb comes on with Ashi and she convinces the others to step away from the dark side, I don't want to see any more of them get killed :ohdear:

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

Weird idea: tie some of the drama into Jack's real name. Either reveal that he's been fighting so long that he can't remember what his original name was, or end the show with him back in the past and his family calling him by his real name or something.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Mraagvpeine posted:

I don't remember this. I thought it was forged by three gods. I remember Odin or Thor hammering it. I suspect if a new sword is made "from Jack", then it won't be going to Jack.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
My gut tells me that the Scotsman will help Jack get back his will to live like he did snapping Jack out of the Sirens' control.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Mraagvpeine posted:

Didn't Jack grab the sword as a child as he and his mother fled before his father died? I thought the sword existed well beforehand.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

ZorajitZorajit posted:

I don't remember this. I thought it was forged by three gods. I remember Odin or Thor hammering it. I suspect if a new sword is made "from Jack", then it won't be going to Jack.

At the beginning of that scene, the gods extract a part of Jack's father's soul, then they hammer it into the sword. They give a speech about how only a righteous human spirit can defeat evil and all that, which is the recurring theme of the series. Ultimately there is no question that Jack destroys Aku in a straight up fight, which is why he's holed up and become a hikki.

Slime
Jan 3, 2007

MichiganCubbie posted:

Didn't Jack grab the sword as a child as he and his mother fled before his father died? I thought the sword existed well beforehand.

The sword he uses in the series was forged from his father's righteous spirit, but it didn't require his father to actually die. In fact his father used it to seal Aku away the first time. So Jack could possibly make his own sword and use it himself, if he had the help of some gods. And he's met Ra before at least.

Oh, also it was his mother who grabbed the sword as she fled with Jack, then sent him off to get trained and kept the sword herself until Jack was ready to take it. Also also Aku didn't kill Jack's father, Jack's dad was made into slave labour who pushed a wheel that rotated a big Aku shaped tower because Aku is a big egotistical douche.

Slime fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Mar 21, 2017

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Is Jack even capable of creating a sword from his own spirit at this point? He's a little unhinged.

ZorajitZorajit
Sep 15, 2013

No static at all...

Dazerbeams posted:

Is Jack even capable of creating a sword from his own spirit at this point? He's a little unhinged.

I'm imagining a scene where Jack has killed the daughters, buried them, and, weeping, finds himself Silently.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

My gut tells me that the Scotsman will help Jack get back his will to live like he did snapping Jack out of the Sirens' control.

How old would the Scotsman be though? At least his 70's, though more likely his 90's, and it's not like you have an amazing chance of long life as a rebel against an ancient evil who controls the world.

EDIT: never mind, forgot he was confirmed a while ago with the wheelchair thing.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Megaspel posted:

How old would the Scotsman be though? At least his 70's, though more likely his 90's, and it's not like you have an amazing chance of long life as a rebel against an ancient evil who controls the world.

EDIT: never mind, forgot he was confirmed a while ago with the wheelchair thing.

Even the promo notwithstanding, the Scotsman would make it to old age just to make sure Jack doesn't beat him by outliving him.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Bobulus posted:

Weird idea: tie some of the drama into Jack's real name. Either reveal that he's been fighting so long that he can't remember what his original name was, or end the show with him back in the past and his family calling him by his real name or something.

So would you say.

His memory is broken. The truth goes unspoken. He's even forgotten his name

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Fionordequester posted:

And then there's this complete moron doing morning stretches, complaining about his vacuumed floors, talking to his shrink about how stressed he is, and talking like an old man with a speech impediment. It's like Aku himself isn't really the major problem in the show; all the REALLY awful stuff seems more like just the natural consequence of having an immortal, all-powerful dictator take over the world.

The modern American political landscape

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I've been slowly rewatching the first seasons, and finally saw the episode with the haunted Japanese house.

I'm really hoping we get a straight-up horror episode like that in this season.

IronSaber
Feb 24, 2009

:roboluv: oh yes oh god yes form the head FORM THE HEAD unghhhh...:fap:

Regalingualius posted:

I've been slowly rewatching the first seasons, and finally saw the episode with the haunted Japanese house.

I'm really hoping we get a straight-up horror episode like that in this season.

I had thought I had seen every ep of Samurai Jack, but somehow missed the haunted house one.

What a fabulously stylistic episode. :allears:

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
So I here's something odd: On my first watch, I noticed Jack's skin tone is more peach and less yellow than in the original run but I dismissed it as "Okay, that probably has an associative subtext they'd want to avoid, I get it."
But my second time through and I'm not sure that's the case. Both his parents had a very yellow skin tone in their river appearance and I can't be positive due to the ambient color, but Jack looked like he had his old pale yellow coloring in the scene where he lost his sword.

Phone posting, so I'll use someone else's else's image.

The heck?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Das Boo posted:

The heck?

Malnourished from at least 20 years of "I don't give a gently caress anymore. Just kill me already Aku"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Das Boo posted:

So I here's something odd: On my first watch, I noticed Jack's skin tone is more peach and less yellow than in the original run but I dismissed it as "Okay, that probably has an associative subtext they'd want to avoid, I get it."
But my second time through and I'm not sure that's the case. Both his parents had a very yellow skin tone in their river appearance and I can't be positive due to the ambient color, but Jack looked like he had his old pale yellow coloring in the scene where he lost his sword.

The heck?

It's so deliberate that I'm wondering if the reasoning is something as simple as not wanting yellow skin with black armor.

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
If you watch the scene with the Daughters of Aku hunting Jack in the tomb, in one of the overhead shots at the beginning, there's eight of them. I just noticed it when I was rewatching today.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Nice loss edit.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Nice loss edit.

Getting more and more abstract.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

TerminalRaptor posted:

If you watch the scene with the Daughters of Aku hunting Jack in the tomb, in one of the overhead shots at the beginning, there's eight of them. I just noticed it when I was rewatching today.

Normally I'd say it's an animation fuckup but Gendry is so meticulous that it's gotta be something weird going on.

Or you just miscounted :v:

Capfalcon
Apr 6, 2012

No Boots on the Ground,
Puny Mortals!

Or one died during training, as an example to the others.

Crain
Jun 27, 2007

I had a beer once with Stephen Miller and now I like him.

I also tried to ban someone from a Discord for pointing out what an unrelenting shithead I am! I'm even dumb enough to think it worked!

Das Boo posted:

The heck?

Jack's not Jack theory rising...

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Or he just looks different in a bright lit field than in green phosphorescent lighting.

Is the dress white and gold or blue and black?

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Regardless, this season absolutely has peach-toned Jack not for the purpose of avoiding a stereotype as his parents still have the yellow skin tone. A change was made.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
It could also be because he's turned into a pasty goon from wearing his armor all the time :shrug:

• Locked thread