Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Lemming posted:

Isn't it spring now? Where's ARMS Nintendo!!
There's also several indies that were given March release dates that still have none. Either the devs wildly underestimated how long they'd take to finish, or Nintendo threw out some BS dates to give the impression of more games within the launch window.

But I really want Tumbleseed now, and Pocket Rumble also looks cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Pocket Rumble is, supposedly, a March release for $10

Coming Soon section of the Nintendo website has more details

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
gently caress GameStop only carrying bundles, like for real.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

DoctorWhat posted:

I hope the fact that they can't sell the bundles when the dumb thing is sold out everywhere else tells them something. It won't but I'm glad people are generally not going with that poo poo.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Can't you just buy the bundle and return the garbage you don't want?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

LethalGeek posted:

I hope the fact that they can't sell the bundles when the dumb thing is sold out everywhere else tells them something. It won't but I'm glad people are generally not going with that poo poo.

It tells them the switch is a flop. Buy those bundles out of brand loyalty, like how I saw Serenity fifteen times to ensure it would hit #1 at the box office, even though I had to modify my flight plan. Oh poo poo I accidentally bought a bunch of tickets to flight plan what have I doooone I'm sorry Joss Whedon.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

zenintrude posted:

Can't you just buy the bundle and return the garbage you don't want?

Knowing gamestop no, you'll likely have to return the whole bundle.

Also wouldn't the worker be pissed about selling those dumb bundles because its not used etc. So it'll throw them off the quota

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Never spend money at GameStop ever.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

parallelodad posted:

It tells them the switch is a flop. Buy those bundles out of brand loyalty, like how I saw Serenity fifteen times to ensure it would hit #1 at the box office, even though I had to modify my flight plan. Oh poo poo I accidentally bought a bunch of tickets to flight plan what have I doooone I'm sorry Joss Whedon.

GameStop literally just released a statement about how enthusiastic they are about how well the thing is selling.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

TFRazorsaw posted:

GameStop literally just released a statement about how enthusiastic they are about how well the thing is selling.

Yes, I'm just joking about how their management would react internally to their ridiculous bundles not selling.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

TFRazorsaw posted:

Nintendo is the only one of the three that isn't obviously counting the days until they can go all-digital. Of course GameStop is going to say nothing but positive things about their new console.

Cerepol
Dec 2, 2011

TFRazorsaw posted:

I assume with the Wii gamestop was super happy, lookit all these people to upsell on game protection!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

Cerepol posted:

Also wouldn't the worker be pissed about selling those dumb bundles because its not used etc. So it'll throw them off the quota

Probably not, they're probably graded on number of items per transaction, dollar value and accessories they can add on. Bundles, service plans and memberships are probably their bread and butter.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.

DoctorWhat posted:

I called a Gamestop today and asked if they had any Switches like had been advertised. They said "lol no we never even got any haha we just lied to the public to get them in the store lol. BTW do you want to pay us $460 to lock yourself into having to buy a Switch from Gamestop and nobody else for whenever we do get one in, along with a bundle of other poo poo you don't need? It's totally about the same price as what the scalpers are charging online right now so it's legit!"

The guy literally compared the bundle with scalper prices online to me, as if that was something to brag about.

No thanks, Gamestop.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

RE: Zelda Stealth chat:
it is super easy to kill everyone because they die in one hit from the ancient arrows :D

There is probably always a way to cheese things in the game I've found.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
in line at nintendo nyc for my switch, wristband got

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

DoctorWhat posted:

Sell wristband on eBay

chaleski
Apr 25, 2014

parallelodad posted:

Sell wristband on eBay

I know someone who sold their Wii voucher in front of Circuit City for $200

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

DoctorWhat posted:

Is it a neon wristband?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Did anyone who played the Global Testfires on the Wii U notice if you could play with friends?

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

What's the battery life when playing something that isn't Zelda? I know Zelda will eat that poo poo alive with only 2.5 hours of playtime but what about something like Metal Slug and Snipperclips? 5 or 6 hours?

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

Spellman posted:

Did anyone who played the Global Testfires on the Wii U notice if you could play with friends?

They didn't have stuff like that in the normal game until like a month after release, so who knows what they'll do to this one.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Ars has quoted Shovel Knight at 8 hours. Even Zelda your mileage may vary. I've played that for over three hours and had about 25% left.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

s.i.r.e. posted:

What's the battery life when playing something that isn't Zelda? I know Zelda will eat that poo poo alive with only 2.5 hours of playtime but what about something like Metal Slug and Snipperclips? 5 or 6 hours?

Yes, Nintendo stated that less intensive games can reach up to 6 hours.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Is it possible to replace the Switch's battery?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

I don't have any hard data but I get a day's use out of this when I'm on-and-off playing titles like World of Goo, Shovel Knight, and Blaster Master Zero in my office during the day. My phone gets to use the charging USB-C all day

When I play Zelda, I usually have to plug in before I want to quit playing

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Awesome, thanks.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

GreatGreen posted:

Only if you open it which is tedious and voids your warranty.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

s.i.r.e. posted:

I was getting like 4 or 5 hours on Zelda while watching basketball this weekend, do you have the brightness set to "Beacon of Gondor" or something?

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

GreatGreen posted:

IFixit posted a teardown and they had the battery out in pretty short order, but it's clearly not designed to be user-replaceable, definitely voids your warranty, and I don't know where you'd get a replacement in the first place.

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement joycon? Just a phonecall and shipping the one part of me do they need the whole thing or do they send a new one first or what?

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Stan Taylor posted:

How much of a hassle is it to get a replacement joycon? Just a phonecall and shipping the one part of me do they need the whole thing or do they send a new one first or what?

IDK but if it's anything like other Nintendo products that are sent in for repair, they arrange to pay for packaging and shipping, and you just have to take it to a Purolator outlet or something

Should be relatively hassle free

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i played shovel knight for about 4 hours yesterday not on a charger and I was nowhere near a dead battery

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Stan Taylor posted:

Phone call and they give you a shipping label to print out. Only took my left joycon. Waited a few days and got the new one back. I had a spare set/pro controller so I wasn't really tracking it.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

IcePhoenix posted:

I was getting like 4 or 5 hours on Zelda while watching basketball this weekend, do you have the brightness set to "Beacon of Gondor" or something?

Nope, not maxed but with the Wifi on and volume all the way.

Dr Cheeto posted:

IFixit posted a teardown and they had the battery out in pretty short order, but it's clearly not designed to be user-replaceable, definitely voids your warranty, and I don't know where you'd get a replacement in the first place.

eBay within a couple months I bet.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Portable 2.5H zelda is max brightness max sound and all the wireless going. Put all that on a sane moderate setting and it's more like 4 hours.

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
My battery meter is hosed, so I've been having a whole lot of fun trying to gauge what sort of battery life I have left. It'll drain from 100% to 1% in the span of an hour, then stay at 1% for several hours without trouble.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Seiken Densetsu games coming to Switch fuckin owns.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I'm trying to determine if I have Joycon issues... which one is it supposed to be that is bad? The one without the little window on it? (Blue?)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Left, so blue yeah.

• Locked thread