Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

so what, do they need more time to massage the numbers or are they somehow expecting it to magically not suck this time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
[Gorsuckishly] "lol Al Franken thinks mutton busting, a manly sport that toughens you up is bad. What a little girl, like my two daughters"

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MSNBC stayed on Sasse but I had to turn it off after like the third stupid question that made it clear Sasse was going to spend the entire time kissing Gorsuch's rear end and saying that asking him questions was wrong.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

lmao.

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

Internet Webguy posted:

she was just as not if with her smiley cowardice little faces.

this was apparently an attempt at describing angela "the smilin' coward" merkel

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

paranoid randroid posted:

so what, do they need more time to massage the numbers or are they somehow expecting it to magically not suck this time

putting out the numbers from the manager's amendments.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

mormonpartyboat posted:

thanks youtube

Mein Kampf narrated by Gilbert Gottfried.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Don't argue about Pittsburgh things with me, you son of a bitch

born Andrew Warhola; August 6, 1928

campbell's ad, 1925

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/21/AR2010032100943.html

The House passed the ACA today 7 years ago despite all Republicans and 32 Democrats voting no.

Unperson_47
Oct 14, 2007

MariusLecter posted:

ugh, sometimes with posting like this im reminded of one of those Forensic Files type crime shows where a defense lawyer in a rape case held up a ring on a string and tried to put a pencil through while swinging the ring and missing with the pencil to show how rape is impossible

what the flying gently caress

Randy Travesty
Oct 27, 2014

PHANTOM QUEEN

they're gonna write the numbers bigger and in sparkly gel pens so people will be super impressed this go round

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

putting out the numbers from the manager's amendments.

are the managers amendments going to make this bill not villainous/villanous enough to please literally anyone? because i assume they arent

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

ethical hamjobs posted:

they're gonna write the numbers bigger and in sparkly gel pens so people will be super impressed this go round

your avatar :3:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

ArmZ posted:

born Andrew Warhola; August 6, 1928

campbell's ad, 1925

Fake news

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

somebody's doing the raping

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

are the managers amendments going to make this bill not villainous/villanous enough to please literally anyone? because i assume they arent

they honestly probably make the bill even harder to swallow for moderate r's in the senate while literally doing almost nothing to appease the hardliners.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

i'm extremely glad that everyone can finally now see how terrible paul ryan is at policy

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

apparently alt-right internet douchebags are trying to claim jane austen like they did w pepe http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d02757e4b00705db51b946

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

they honestly probably make the bill even harder to swallow for moderate r's in the senate while literally doing almost nothing to appease the hardliners.

outstanding

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Lastgirl posted:

*holds clipboard*

Hmm, Charles C.W. Cooke

*licks finger tips and thumbs through notes and charts on the clipboard*

says here, you lack critical thinking and are prone to delusions of grandeur, I'm thinking a shot of thorazine and some atropine stat to clear up that drooling coming out of your slackjaw disorder

ahh should sort you out, you'll be out of here soon enough

*clicks pen and scribbles on the clipboard, and clicks it again before shoving it into the breastpocket of my doctor's coat contently and walks away*

oh since Ryancare took you off healthcare, i expect 100k for my time and services rendered, have a nice day.

i cant wait to read the cspam screenplay

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

So, we want this pile of poo poo ACA replacement to pass or we dont?

If it passes, more Republican voters die than Democrat voters, right?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
One of the amendments is loving over people with Medicaid even more in New York right? So if anything the cbo is gonna come back with an even higher uninsured rate

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

tacodaemon posted:

apparently alt-right internet douchebags are trying to claim jane austen like they did w pepe http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_58d02757e4b00705db51b946

quote:

Austen’s scathing wit, often directed at the shallow societal mores of her time, is often overlooked, so it’s little surprise that alt-righters would take superficial and misguided lessons from her work.

quote:

Wright found several standard interpretations of Austen’s significance in a variety of alt-right forums she perused: “1) symbol of sexual purity; 2) standard-bearer of a vanished white traditional culture; and 3) exception that proves the rule of female inferiority.”

Alt-right died from irony poisoning some time ago but how are they managing to consistently get owned on such a double edge like this

Let's double down on what I like what she said in line with traits that I desperately seek but clearly was mocking us and we're just wearing it as a badge, no own, no own, you're the own

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

i will lol forever if the new cbo review ends up being lower than the first

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
https://twitter.com/slate/status/844281560606085123
https://twitter.com/AndreaNRuth/status/844291658233495552

ref:

quote:

On April 19, 2016, Sisk wrote, Judge Gorsuch used a hypothetical from the prepared material for the class, in which a female law student applies for jobs at law firms because the student has a large debt to pay off. The student also intends to have a family with her husband.

"He interrupted our class discussion to ask students how many of us knew women who used their companies for maternity benefits, who used their companies to — in order to have a baby and then leave right away," Sisk said.

She recalled that few students raised their hands and Gorsuch became animated. "He said, 'Come on, guys. All of your hands should be up. Many women do this,'" Sisk said.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

what was changed that would alter the CBO score

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
Lol

https://twitter.com/ryangrim/status/844293416678756352

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Taco Duck posted:

from a strict policy perspective, this is a bad plan that would needlessly cause significant harm in order to cut taxes for the wealthy. It is, however, laser focused on harming trump's own voters.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
you expect me to believe that those guys would actually read an Austen novel unless it was translated to a dating sim

Taco Duck
Feb 18, 2011

Schnorkles posted:

from a strict policy perspective, this is a bad plan that would needlessly cause significant harm in order to cut taxes for the wealthy. It is, however, laser focused on harming trump's own voters.

Right. Enact the gently caress out of this thing then.

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

tacodaemon posted:

pride and prejudice and nazis

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

mormonpartyboat posted:

pride of prejudice

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

its the little things that I catch him talking about that just knows that he's a male chauvinist

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

Taco Duck posted:

yes

it will still gently caress the poor, but it will gently caress the poor in trump land more which is good

Tainen
Jan 23, 2004
I worried now that they will cancel the vote. I want to see Ryan's stupid face when his dumb bill fails on the floor.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Schnorkles posted:

This is the difficulty I am having with it as well

The block grant change especially means that the Koch brothers owned stuffed suits in Kansas and Oklahoma can just take a block grant for all gov services and then distribute it amongst their cronies and stiff every non-millionaire, meanwhile actual states that aren't run by death cult morons will be unchanged.

I wasn't expecting the changes to exempt even more anti-Trumpers, in addition to including even more pro-Trumpers

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

zegermans posted:

what was changed that would alter the CBO score

1.) NY amendment
2.) 75b budgeted for olds
3.) Medicaid changes [block grants/work requirement]

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

mormonpartyboat posted: