Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

The comments on that YT of the first 1997 ep are tragic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

youtube comments, bad? bwuh!?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
We are a damned lot even without people desperately trying to convince themselves they have to like Berserk 2016 because Berserk.

DamnGlitch
Sep 2, 2004

Cake Attack posted:

youtube comments, bad? bwuh!?

I'm just honestly shocked that someone could like, much less go to bat for B2K16

Bloodyshinta1
Aug 6, 2010
True fans only

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I watched all of Berserk 2016 and will watch 2017 because it's Berserk and it's my duty to partake in Berserk but if I ever say 2016 is good, shoot me in the face.

It's a safe bet that 2017 is also pure turd, but it's not out so it's unfair to say it is at this point.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

New chapter spoilers
https://imgur.com/a/rduxC#pdMPf0S

Some of the imagery here is real creepy.

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Does the text at the bottom of the last page at least indicate another chapter next month

Mugticket
Sep 13, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Yeah. The new anime promo spooked me pretty bad.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

New chapter spoilers
https://imgur.com/a/rduxC#pdMPf0S

Casca.:smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Good soup! posted:

Does the text at the bottom of the last page at least indicate another chapter next month

Yep, end of April.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Guts will gently caress in 2017.

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012
This chapter already looks depressing even without reading the dialogue, but when I learned what that dog stands for I felt a hole in my chest. :smith:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Our first stop into Casca's mind and We're seeing Guts portrayed as a wild beast, being tormented by five demons while he drags along the heavy casket of the Band of the Hawk, whose heart and soul, Casca, is inside utterly hollow and destroyed...

If this is the first stop, how dark is this going to get? :smith:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Our first stop into Casca's mind and We're seeing Guts portrayed as a wild beast, being tormented by five demons while he drags along the heavy casket of the Band of the Hawk, whose heart and soul, Casca, is inside utterly hollow and destroyed...

If this is the first stop, how dark is this going to get? :smith:

It's a flashback to the eclipse from the perspective of the rape victim viewed by her best friend and a ten year old girl. My guess is pretty dark.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Say what you want about lovely animes it's still really exciting to have actual developments in the manga.

Just gonna empty quote this.

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!
In the first panel with the dog, it appeared to have all four legs. Glad that was made more obvious later. (Oh just saw it on the same page)

Very interesting that there are only four black winged beasts there. Where is Griffith in this nightmare?

It doesn't look that dark to me; not yet. Potential serious impacts to Farnese and Schierke could make it dark in the future. Supposing they get Casca back from this excursion, however, what will remain and what will she desire?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AfricanBootyShine
Jan 9, 2006

Snake wins.

the boat must've tons of lip gloss and mascara

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://wasabisyrup.com/archives/le9CSigleXI

All pages of the new chapter, korean translation

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:23 on Mar 22, 2017

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I never get the last word, and it makes me very sad.
Not much to add to the visuals; noone really says anything that you couldn't glean from the art. Feel free to spoil yourself if you were worried about missing something in the text.

Jesus, Caska broken inside that coffin shouldn't be as horrifying as it is. My only real question is why Caska in the real world is so afraid of Guts, given this iconography in her mind. Tiny remnant of Caska doesn't seem to be threatened by Guts-dog, so maybe there's another reason? Edit: hates, not afraid

Law Cheetah
Mar 3, 2012

pnumoman posted:

Not much to add to the visuals; noone really says anything that you couldn't glean from the art. Feel free to spoil yourself if you were worried about missing something in the text.

Jesus, Caska broken inside that coffin shouldn't be as horrifying as it is. My only real question is why Caska in the real world is so afraid of Guts, given this iconography in her mind. Tiny remnant of Caska doesn't seem to be threatened by Guts-dog, so maybe there's another reason? Edit: hates, not afraid

she started fearing/hating him after he almost raped her and bit her on the titty

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

pnumoman posted:

he protects her but he's also a vicious animal that she can't escape

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I wonder if he looked like a Shiba Inu in her mind before he assaulted her after Conviction

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

Law Cheetah posted:

she started fearing/hating him after he almost raped her and bit her on the titty

drat, forgot about that. This has been one long ride.

muike posted:

he protects her but he's also a vicious animal that she can't escape

Makes sense.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
The image of the hollowed out, broken Casca doll in the coffin, followed by one-eyed 3-legged Guts dog howling mournfully was some bummer poo poo

I kinda wonder how the mechanics of this soul dive work. Are these metaphysical representations manifested by some kinda weird magic logic, or an actual reflection of how Casca feels? If it's the latter, then that means she still has a sound grasp of what happens to her, which is probably a good sign?

PhantomOfTheCopier
Aug 13, 2008

Pikabooze!

Law Cheetah posted:

She screamed and ran from him in the cave immediately after he awoke from the Eclipse, though he didn't tie her up until the event you mentioned IIRC. I'll have to check the full chapter, but she's still tied up in the visual I saw, where is the dog taking her? If she's being dragged in a coffin from her "burial", does she even want to be in the world of the living?

Remember the conversation between Casca and Guts immediately before Griffith road off in the wagon. Casca told Guts she was staying with Griffith. :downsgun:

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Though it seemed to be out of loyalty than what she wanted.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

PhantomOfTheCopier posted:

She screamed and ran from him in the cave immediately after he awoke from the Eclipse, though he didn't tie her up until the event you mentioned IIRC.

Immediately after the Eclipse she was a bit freaky outy, but when Guts rescued her at the Tower of Rebirth she had warmed up to him (or at least, as much as she does to anyone)

Then they started out for elf island, and a string of unfortunate incidents ranging from Guts just being a big rough ape to the abortive sexual assault caused her ongoing dislike of him

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Mar 23, 2017

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

It's sad that this Caska discussion is gonna make me do a full reread.

Sad that this is what prompts it, not the reread itself.

Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
So can all of you speak japanese/korean or is there an english translation somewhere that hasnt been posted here yet?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

They're just looking at the raws

pnumoman
Sep 26, 2008

I speak Korean, so I'm going off the Korean scans that were posted.

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
English scanlation will be up by... sometime tomorrow, probably. Maybe earlier? Stranger things have happened.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

LordMune posted:

English scanlation will be up by... sometime tomorrow, probably. Maybe earlier? Stranger things have happened.

Can't thank EvilGenius enough for what they do with Berserk, so these thanks will have to do.

Vedius Pollio
Sep 11, 2007

LordMune posted:

It's really badass that you guys expect to put out the newest chapter almost synonymous with the official publication date. Thank you for keeping up such consistently excellent quality and speed, despite the irregular release schedule!

LordMune
Nov 21, 2006

Helim needed to be invisible.
It's appreciated, guys and gals. And we're actually a day early! (Well, it's Friday in Japan by now, but still.)

Berserk #348 - Gloomy Wastes

Andrigaar
Dec 12, 2003
Saint of Killers
I can't tell if the ground is churning mud (blood from the eclipse?), blackish fire, or a blast wave formation similar to the last area of Dark Souls 1. At first the dog's feet sink and the casket leaves a trail, but later on only the casket leaves a trail.

Weird question I'm sure, but I'm having trouble imaging it in my head now.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Miura won't rest until every single panel of Berserk could be mistaken as an Albrecht Dürer woodblock print

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
Gawd drat :smith:
Thanks as always, Lordmune.