Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.

Sour Diesel posted:

So I've crossed over to the dark side and have been playing a lot of Hanzo. I've been pretty...iffy with him except I get to panicky in close quarters. So I decided to find out if flicking worked as well with him as it does my Mccree.

https://gfycat.com/OblongHealthyCommabutterfly

If anything else it's helped me consistently land body shots on Tracers that surprise me so I can force the recall and see if they'll come back at me with scatter ready to go. Gonna try and climb in comp this season and I bet I'll love loving teammates who will be overjoyed when they see me select him.

*looney toons clip of mercy watching hanzo scatter arrow bounce to every possible location on numbani then killing the reaper on hanamura*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Can't wait to play horse cop.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

When does she go live?

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Should be the usual patch time, which is around noonish I think?

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Minrad posted:

*looney toons clip of mercy watching hanzo scatter arrow bounce to every possible location on numbani then killing the reaper on hanamura*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KshBUgq36jU

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WByjuUrXwtg

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Orisa is out. Bring on the centaur robo cop!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4PQRpo2Wng

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Edit: lol I should watch the video before commenting

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Are the patch notes out yet? Did the sombra changes go live today along with robocentaur?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

khy posted:

Are the patch notes out yet? Did the sombra changes go live today along with robocentaur?

https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/#patch-35361

Manatee Cannon fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Mar 21, 2017

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Really lowballing that Ana nerf, eh.

Attack on Princess
Dec 15, 2008

To yolo rolls! The cause and solution to all problems!
Orisa feels like the TF2 Heavy.

Speaking with the authority of someone who played the heavy twice and sucked at it.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

SKULL.GIF posted:

Really lowballing that Ana nerf, eh.

Still wish the nade change was live, but at least she not going to two shot you anymore from a distance. I am liking Orisa so far. Also liking the new Sombra changes, as she feels a lot faster and can be more aggressive now.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Don't get too close to a Junkrat folks :getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Man people get really pissy if you pick Orisa right now. Just spent three games not getting healed but teabagged by my own teammates. Did like at the start of the match having three people on my team immediately leave once I picked her.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

they left because they wanted to play her

it's always like that when they add a hero

Bolivar
Aug 20, 2011

I've got just a lovely laptop but at least it has SSD, go find yourself another hero to play :getin:

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Manatee Cannon posted:

they left because they wanted to play her

it's always like that when they add a hero

I know that. Just saying it was kinda funny.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Bumper Stickup posted:

Did like at the start of the match having three people on my team immediately leave once I picked her.

Yeah man gently caress those other people wanting to do the same thing you were doing.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I played a few rounds of no hero limits as orisa but then found out that it's actually really funny to play bastion against a bunch of her and just did that instead

she seems alright and her abilities are interesting, but I don't think I'm gonna end up playing much orisa

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

I played a few rounds of no hero limits as orisa but then found out that it's actually really funny to play bastion against a bunch of her and just did that instead

she seems alright and her abilities are interesting, but I don't think I'm gonna end up playing much orisa

Doing this right now with a team of 6 Orisa's ane its funny. Shields everywhere. She can launch a shield like Zarya launches her alternate fire which is pretty cool.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

It's actually better to compare it to a widow mine in terms of range. Also speaking of her, widow just shits all over orisa

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Really getting good with her is gonna require learning when the best time to throw down a shield is. Despite the cooldown starting as soon as you put the shield down, you still want to use some strategy throwing it down, unlike Reinhardt where you can basically just leave it up until it breaks then take a break then put it back up again. I completely nullified a Solider ult earlier by throwing a shield down in front of the group the second his ult callout happened.

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

I launched one from the spawn after you cap A on Volskaya to the chokepoint at B, seemed pretty far.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

You can also launch shields straight up into the air and they land after about 7 seconds, making your next shield on a much shorter cd. It's pretty handy on defense. Triple tank with Orisa/Roadhog/Zarya is a loving absurd amount of damage as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if that became commonplace

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I wanted to play horsey but she was blanked out. Not cool Blizzard if your going to deem horsey balanced enough to be released than she should be balanced enough to be on competitive.

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Bolow posted:

Triple tank

Cursed words

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

it's not about being balanced, it's about people whining incessantly about people picking the new hero in comp before they know how to play it

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

I wanted to play horsey but she was blanked out. Not cool Blizzard if your going to deem horsey balanced enough to be released than she should be balanced enough to be on competitive.

They aren't allowing people to play her in Competitive for at least a week so that people who don't have a clue how to play her effectively can learn her and get some practice in. Which is good considering if they didn't then we'd have people making GBS threads up the forums saying "Why are all these assholes picking Orisa when they can't play her for poo poo"

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
*brushes dust off an evil skinbound tome* quad tank

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Santheb posted:

Yeah man gently caress those other people wanting to do the same thing you were doing.

Not what I was saying but sure.

I've been having trouble hitting the slimmer characters past medium distance as Orisa. Apart from that she seems really strong and a solid addition to the cast.

Bolow posted:

You can also launch shields straight up into the air and they land after about 7 seconds, making your next shield on a much shorter cd. It's pretty handy on defense. Triple tank with Orisa/Roadhog/Zarya is a loving absurd amount of damage as well, and I wouldn't be surprised if that became commonplace

This but swap Roadhog with Reinhardt on payload maps and add in Bastion was most of what I saw earlier.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib

Manatee Cannon posted:

I switched to dva after a couple rounds and was pleased at how useful her mobility and defense matrix was. You also really notice the difference between 150 rounds and infinite rounds.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

khy posted:

They aren't allowing people to play her in Competitive for at least a week so that people who don't have a clue how to play her effectively can learn her and get some practice in. Which is good considering if they didn't then we'd have people making GBS threads up the forums saying "Why are all these assholes picking Orisa when they can't play her for poo poo"

I'm not going to play joke mode quickplay just to practice the easy poo poo tank hero they put into the game. People don't seem to realize there's very little learning curve on the vast majority of heroes. PTR exists I waited for this poo poo to be out of ptr now I get to wait even more because whiny dumb shits (who will no matter what) will complain? Lovely. Can't wait for "mains" to complain when I have 0 hours and pick her in competitive should be fun.

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

because whiny dumb shits (who will no matter what) will complain?

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

I'm not going to play joke mode quickplay just to practice the easy poo poo tank hero they put into the game. People don't seem to realize there's very little learning curve on the vast majority of heroes. PTR exists I waited for this poo poo to be out of ptr now I get to wait even more because whiny dumb shits (who will no matter what) will complain? Lovely. Can't wait for "mains" to complain when I have 0 hours and pick her in competitive should be fun.

Is this a real post lmao

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

lol

Daric
Dec 23, 2007

Shawn:
Do you really want to know my process?

Lassiter:
Absolutely.

Shawn:
Well it starts with a holla! and ends with a Creamsicle.

Duck and Cover posted:

This is one of the dumbest things I've ever read

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Duck and Cover posted:

I read this post on the Blizzard forums yesterday too :v:

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT

Duck and Cover posted:

Overwatch: stop playing me in the meta you loving orisa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Duck and Cover posted:

drat, you take your video games serious as poo poo you really ought to calm down a bit there