Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

This is great and the nose from offscreen is a clincher

Guy Mann posted:

I was going to post the actual poster for Rolling Thunder in solidarity, but then I found this and :laffo:

It belongs in a museum!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

:eyepop: 4 bit program :eyepop:

Old game box art is amazing

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

I was going to post the actual poster for Rolling Thunder in solidarity, but then I found this and :laffo:

Nice to see Sloth get work after the Goonies.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Scrublord Prime posted:

:eyepop: 4 bit program :eyepop:

Old game box art is amazing

Strong

Mustn't forget the the strong

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I don't think my poor heart could handle a strong 4 bit program :ohdear:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Once I finish Nier I'm going to need something a bit more light hearted to play, everything I've been playing recently is loving depressing.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
Quiplash and Drawful are two of my favorite party games ever and they're in this week's Humble Bundle, what a deal!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Sakurazuka posted:

Once I finish Nier I'm going to need something a bit more light hearted to play, everything I've been playing recently is loving depressing.

Persona 5 is out soon?

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

drat, people are permabanning themselves over Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

How so?

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Palpek posted:

drat, people are permabanning themselves over Mass Effect: Andromeda.

Good.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

cams has not really been taking people making fun of ME:A very well.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

BexGu posted:

I still have no idea what this means. I must be getting old

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Getting yourself banned the day the new game you're hyped up for releases is a pretty good way to ensure you'll have time to play it.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

BexGu posted:

Who's cams?

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

mutata posted:

I still have no idea what this means. I must be getting old

cams is the name of the poster in question.

cams posted:

you are either ignorant of what i'm actually saying or are intentionally misrepresenting it so you can win an internet argument against yourself

aaaaa goons are boring scum just permaban me

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ah, well he's not wrong.

We're all goons here

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cams used to be normal, I feel

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember when he had a meltdown because of SFV but to be fair that's the reaction of any rational human to street fighter V

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cams starts fights in the fighting game thread with cool posters thats all i knows bout him

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

methinks it was nintendo what done it

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You can't fight in here! This is the fighting game thread!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Jay Rust posted:

You can't fight in here! This is the fighting game thread!

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

There's a goon in the cooking subforum who challenges thread derailers and shitposters to Daikatana matches and actually buys the game for them and kicks their asses in it.

Every subforum needs someone like that imo

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Unless there's multiple posters with that same gimmick, that poster does that in every forum they post in, to the point where I think they have an account here solely in order to trick people into playing Daikatana with them because it doesn't have an online population.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Please don't dox John Romero

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

In Training posted:

Unless there's multiple posters with that same gimmick, that poster does that in every forum they post in, to the point where I think they have an account here solely in order to trick people into playing Daikatana with them because it doesn't have an online population.

That's even better actually

tap my mountain posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tap my mountain posted:

lol

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That's Doctor Strangelove isn't it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

john romero is not doctor strange love

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ME:A is not good but honestly a lot of its bad its overblown. The gameplay seems competent enough as far as I am, just... really unimaginative and by-the-book. The bad animations and voice acting are the most interesting part of the game. "It's really boring" isn't particularly praise for it but it's not even bad in a particularly striking way and it's reasonably fun to play if you enjoyed ME's gameplay.

I guess its' weird to go "no, it's bad but not THAT bad" but it's pretty much the truth. Getting insanely angry over it feels silly because it's just stunningly a C-average game. I find it hard to believe anyone cares enough about it to get angry without crazy over-hyping themselves on it for good or bad.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
After putting in a good 15 hours, I'm feeling the same way. It's an enjoyable enough game with flaws and not much new stuff brought to the table but the emotional reaction one way or another in the dedicated thread sure is something the game doesn't merit. What's more, after people got all disillusioned with the series after 3, I'm kind of surprised it's happening.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

the #1 crime of space games is boring humans and i see a lot of boring humans in Andromeda

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The biggest thing I'll note about it is that the characters are just incredibly dull.

Like in terms of personality they're dull but they're also dull in design. Every character in ME1-3 who was important stood out and was instantly distinguishable. I knew who was important as soon as I met them which might be silly but meant they were memorable. They had actual art design and effort put into them. For all of DA2's flaws it succeeded at this. I could name and remember the bulk of the party members even if just for "I hate this motherfucker." In ME:A most of the important characters look utterly generic and unmemorable.

I mean seriously look at this:

3 important characters who all look like generic create-a-characters with no interesting visual distinctiveness. Your protagonist, fine, that's acceptable. The others? Like come the hell on. When your design has less personality than Kaiden then what the hell?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Cora's haircut is pretty distinctive.

But yeah, Andromeda has too many boring humans and not enough aliens, interesting or otherwise.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

bloodychill posted:

After putting in a good 15 hours, I'm feeling the same way. It's an enjoyable enough game with flaws and not much new stuff brought to the table but the emotional reaction one way or another in the dedicated thread sure is something the game doesn't merit. What's more, after people got all disillusioned with the series after 3, I'm kind of surprised it's happening.

I think a lot of people hyped themselves up because they hoped bioware had learned their lesson after 3. I personally hoped it would be better, but as more prerelease stuff came out, I tempered my expectations and am having a pretty good time with it now. But unless you actively want to play right now, you're probably better off waiting for a sale.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

I don't understand why they keep inserting boring humans into their space games. ME2 introduced this big cast of interesting and diverse characters and in ME3 they removed most of them and replaced em with fan favourite beefwall James Vega.

why was he there

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Malek posted:

I'd like to recommend bigMooney06 on YouTube as he has a series of "kill EVERYONE" challenges in Hitman.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2LKI6fiFY8

Hopefully you don't mind angry Scottish(?) commentary

I don't mind it at all, thank you! This is the game that just keeps on giving.

Today I shoved Dahlia onto Viktor off the balcony and it was the funniest thing. :toot:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I don't understand why they keep inserting boring humans into their space games. ME2 introduced this big cast of interesting and diverse characters and in ME3 they removed most of them and replaced em with fan favourite beefwall James Vega.

why was he there

Having a generic average dude to help balance out the other cast members is useful especially as a 'safe bet' but uh you only need one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

The biggest thing I'll note about it is that the characters are just incredibly dull.

Like in terms of personality they're dull but they're also dull in design. Every character in ME1-3 who was important stood out and was instantly distinguishable. I knew who was important as soon as I met them which might be silly but meant they were memorable. They had actual art design and effort put into them. For all of DA2's flaws it succeeded at this. I could name and remember the bulk of the party members even if just for "I hate this motherfucker." In ME:A most of the important characters look utterly generic and unmemorable.

I mean seriously look at this:

3 important characters who all look like generic create-a-characters with no interesting visual distinctiveness. Your protagonist, fine, that's acceptable. The others? Like come the hell on. When your design has less personality than Kaiden then what the hell?

It's funny cause Liam is pretty distinctive, but the portrait at the bottom of the screen for him looks like generic shorthaired male human.

• Locked thread